Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What the feck are you on about? I've not said a word about "before or after the euros". I'm making a perfectly simple and straightforward point: Get it done in time for Sancho to take part in pre-season with United as early as he can.
What the feck are you on about? I've not said a word about "before or after the euros". I'm making a perfectly simple and straightforward point: Get it done in time for Sancho to take part in pre-season with United as early as he can.
Forget it, its passed. I don't think you got the first reply.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
All signs point to Romano not being anywhere as close to this deal as he was in the past or likes to pretend he is.
On the contrary I think he knows exactly what's going on and isn't being fooled by what was clearly a brief from the club early last week

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What happened to the days when we could sign 2 players in one day? Now we’re struggling to sign 1 player in 2 months! The way we deal with transfers is an absolute joke. Whenever Chelsea or Bayern want someone they go out and get it done with no hassle. When we try and sign players we offer 10p upfront and the rest instalments! Embarrassing for one of the biggest and richest clubs.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
All signs point to Romano not being anywhere as close to this deal as he was in the past or likes to pretend he is.
The idea that this guy is close to every high profile transfer at clubs across Europe and puts all the details on twitter takes some believing. Good for a round up of the latest rumours you can read elsewhere but not much more than that.

Judas

Open to offers
Interestingly they're saying the opposite of him, they're saying it's happening
To be fair it is happening, and he’s not exactly saying it isn’t, he’s just not really saying anything. If you’ve got nothing new to say, don’t say anything, as my transfer loving great great great grandfather used to say.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What happened to the days when we could sign 2 players in one day? Now we’re struggling to sign 1 player in 2 months! The way we deal with transfers is an absolute joke. Whenever Chelsea or Bayern want someone they go out and get it done with no hassle. When we try and sign players we offer 10p upfront and the rest instalments! Embarrassing for one of the biggest and richest clubs.
Why are Dortmund so hard to deal with? They’ve made a massive profit no matter how much there getting of us so why not just let the player move on to a bigger club and show what he can do in a better league! Can’t stand teams that are holding there players back from a move to a bigger club.
Thought you said it was Dortmund's fault?

Bertie 2 Hats

The life of a RedCafe transfer muppet is being made more miserable by the day.. The very people who bend over for Bayern are trying to shaft us.. I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund sold Haaland to Chelsea for £150 million and kept Sancho for yet another season..:annoyed:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair it is happening, and he’s not exactly saying it isn’t, he’s just not really saying anything. If you’ve got nothing new to say, don’t say anything, as my transfer loving great great great grandfather used to say.
Romano makes money from twitter interactions, he probably makes a fair wedge on putting words on a page without actually saying anything.

People message him non stop every day asking for news, so he pretty much feeds them what they want to hear without actually confirming or denying.

It makes it feel even more frustrating though, like it's going around in circles.

The deal could be done for all we know, just waiting for the Euros to end. I doubt any transfers will be done before the start of a major tournament.

roseguy64

He isn't just a pundit with German and Norwegian sources. He is extremely well-connected especially in German, Norway and Austria.. He is also extremely fond of himself and loves seeing himself on tv and all that - but make no mistakes - he is well-connected.

He played 4 years in Austria, three seasons in Bundesliga, several seasons in the Premier League - he has worked in Sky Sports Germany with Lothar Mattheus. He worked for Viasat Norway who had the exclusive rights for Champions League so he interviewed a lot of players during those years. So he basically played at the highest level for 15 seasons and then worked in media in Germany for 15 seasons. He knows a LOT of people
Oh I don't doubt his connections. I'm just saying he shouldn't be viewed similar to Falk and Romano. He's his own thing.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He isn't just a pundit with German and Norwegian sources. He is extremely well-connected especially in German, Norway and Austria.. He is also extremely fond of himself and loves seeing himself on tv and all that - but make no mistakes - he is well-connected.

He played 4 years in Austria, three seasons in Bundesliga, several seasons in the Premier League - he has worked in Sky Sports Germany with Lothar Mattheus. He worked for Viasat Norway who had the exclusive rights for Champions League so he interviewed a lot of players during those years. So he basically played at the highest level for 15 seasons and then worked in media in Germany for 15 seasons. He knows a LOT of people
Being close to Matthäus shouldn't be a plus. The guy can barely open his mouth without ridiculing himself. Matthäus is more of a parody of a pundit these days.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Being close to Matthäus shouldn't be a plus. The guy can barely open his mouth without ridiculing himself. Matthäus is more of a parody of a pundit these days.
Matthäus is easily the best pundit on German TV. You need to show some respect.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Matthäus is easily the best pundit on German TV. You need to show some respect.
Now now you two. Save this energy for protecting the great name of Dortmund.

marktan

If Dortmund have asked for 95m euros and 20m add-ons (and United really should know by now, it's not that difficult to ask) then we really should be getting alternatives lined up.

Not dallying about until the last week of the window and singing two unknown teenagers with 2 games between them for close to 40m total. There are quite a few other established wide players that could be good for us.

croadyman

It's the matter of how this haggling is being handled. We can't go another season of Dortmund being bastards and us losing a RW.
My point being that we should inquire about Grealish and see where it goes, else just target someone else.

Not only that, I despair for our entire window whenever these Sancho rumors persist.

Fact is, I still wonder why we can't wrap up some deals before the window even starts ffs.
Yeah we should at least try and find out what City are willing to pay for him not just give them a free run at it

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If Dortmund have asked for 95m euros and 20m add-ons (and United really should know by now, it's not that difficult to ask) then we really should be getting alternatives lined up.

Not dallying about until the last week of the window and singing two unknown teenagers with 2 games between them for close to 40m total. There are quite a few other established wide players that could be good for us.
Except it wasnt that simple

Sometimes sellers budge, sometimes they stick their gun. It's called negotiation.

If we moved on for every first rejection we would have missed alot of our past purchase.

Drawing the line between moving on and just a little bit more is the hard part.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can a deal still be agreed for the player during the euros? But obviously the player will just need to do his medical and stuff after the euros, although there’s been times when national coaches have let there players have free time during tournaments to get a medical sorted out. With England’s games mainly being played in London it shouldn’t be that hard for sancho to get his medical done during the euros.

theklr

Can a deal still be agreed for the player during the euros? But obviously the player will just need to do his medical and stuff after the euros, although there’s been times when national coaches have let there players have free time during tournaments to get a medical sorted out. With England’s games mainly being played in London it shouldn’t be that hard for sancho to get his medical done during the euros.
It can, but FA really doesnt like it since it brings so much distraction, so clubs tend not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.