Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

If hes gonna move he will want a payrise, big difference between 200k and 300k especially after tax.
Most journalist have pointed that personal terms are agreed and its around 200k.

People forget the primary reason Sancho wants to leave BVB is because he is homesick and wants to return to England.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Statistically Mata is an interesting comparison. Isn’t that regarded as a major mistake we kept making. Sticking Kagawa Miki and Mata out on the right and letting them off. Surely we need penetration and crossing from at least one of our forwards. The wide playmaker thing hasn’t worked for us.I think Sancho will end up left inside forward and hopefully in a few years he will be a more productive and direct player than any of the above.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a better player than we currently have, and can fill both wide positions. We've just seen City romp home with practically 2 first 11's, that's the level we need to get to so we can compete in every competition.

At present we cannot rotate as Ole doesn't trust anybody outside of Rashford and Fernandes to win games for us, he said himself we need better players to kick on.

Whether Sancho starts on the right or left it doesn't really matter, he raises the ability and competition amongst the squad. If he has to fight Rashford for the LW slot then so be it.

RUCK4444

He's a better player than we currently have, and can fill both wide positions. We've just seen City romp home with practically 2 first 11's, that's the level we need to get to so we can compete in every competition.

At present we cannot rotate as Ole doesn't trust anybody outside of Rashford and Fernandes to win games for us, he said himself we need better players to kick on.

Whether Sancho starts on the right or left it doesn't really matter, he raises the ability and competition amongst the squad. If he has to fight Rashford for the LW slot then so be it.
Agree. He’s also more creative than the current wingers/forwards we have. Which I’m hoping will be a big boost for us, taking some pressure off Bruno to create every attack.

SAFMUTD

It's like reading the same tweet over and over again they all say the same.

romufc

Yep, its not even newsworthy anymore. Fabrizio said United were in advanced negotiations and person terms agreed in August 2020.

June 2021 he is still saying United in contact over personal terms, no bid yet.

I mean, if they have nothing new to report, why mention anything?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I said 69 pages and this is done about a week ago. It’s the hope that kills you. Every single year.

100% going to be another annoying slog of a transfer with meaningless 24hr coverage recycling the same vague opinions as news.

I’m out till we actually make contact with Dortmund

SAFMUTD

Yep, its not even newsworthy anymore. Fabrizio said United were in advanced negotiations and person terms agreed in August 2020.

June 2021 he is still saying United in contact over personal terms, no bid yet.

I mean, if they have nothing new to report, why mention anything?
Exactly, it seems they must tweet something even if there's absolutely no update at all.

Ranchero

Of course he is, but hes capable of much better than that half. If bought for £80 million+ he'd have to be producing that much better standard very very often
My concern is that Dortmund just seem to be the playground for agents to do their business. Happening with Haaland, will happen with Bellingham. We should have had those players before they went to Dortmund, but then we are seen as a potential cash cow. So get one payout on the initial sale to Dortmund then another to the bigger spenders. Agent, Player and club roll in it. Then you worry about what kind of player you end up getting.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He actually says "I think he will go to Manchester United this summer" but those extra two words are apparently too much to add into a quote and definitely aren't omitted to increase clickbait because no-one cares what Jesco from Sky thinks.

Giggsy13

I’m getting some real 2020 vibes on this one. I think the issue will be too much money up front and Dortmund’s unwillingness to structure the deal.

MattofManchester

Here we go again ffs. We're like a grovelling club.

Just tell Dortmund where to shove Sancho and sign Grealish or someone else ffs.

It's getting ridiculous now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Here we go again ffs. We're like a grovelling club.

Just tell Dortmund where to shove Sancho and sign Grealish or someone else ffs.

It's getting ridiculous now.
:lol: if you think the club are haggling over 90m what makes you think we will get Grealish? he'll be double!

MattofManchester

:lol: if you think the club are haggling over 90m what makes you think we will get Grealish? he'll be double!
It's the matter of how this haggling is being handled. We can't go another season of Dortmund being bastards and us losing a RW.
My point being that we should inquire about Grealish and see where it goes, else just target someone else.

Not only that, I despair for our entire window whenever these Sancho rumors persist.

Fact is, I still wonder why we can't wrap up some deals before the window even starts ffs.

bsCallout

It's the matter of how this haggling is being handled. We can't go another season of Dortmund being bastards and us losing a RW.
My point being that we should inquire about Grealish and see where it goes, else just target someone else.

Not only that, I despair for our entire window whenever these Sancho rumors persist.

Fact is, I still wonder why we can't wrap up some deals before the window even starts ffs.
How are Dortmund being bastards? They want a fee and we can either pay it or move on. The same will happen with Villa.

justsomebloke

How are Dortmund being bastards? They want a fee and we can either pay it or move on. The same will happen with Villa.
Yep. Just like last season. As long as they're happy to keep him if it comes to that, they can perfectly well do it that way. Last year we spent the whole window rejecting the fee and not moving on.

el3mel

Because there's nothing new to report. We all know this deal is going to happen this summer. It's a matter of "when" not "if", but the clubs apparently are still discussing fees and personal terms. Journalists don't have much to report but since the dumb Twitter fans keep asking them for more news, it's easy to re-post the same tweet for them to share again and again.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This thread needs an algorithm. I'm taken aback by how the same words can be re-wrapped so many times day in and day out.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah what's the point at posting these nothingy Romano tweets, he just says the same thing day after day, barely changing the words. Not worth reading, not worth getting wound up by.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football

Ffs.
What can we possibly still have left to discuss with Sancho's camp? The weather? Govt policies on vaccine? Oktoberfest?
At this point, even Romano probably needs to stop tweeting the same thing over and over again. Either United are counting how many times they can get Sancho to agree personal terms (should already be in millions) or Romano doesn't have a clue on what's going on but is worried about FOMO if/when this actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.