Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
How one was a proven international and multi league player and one isn’t proven outside BL but the wage is similar, you’re right maybe I should have more hesitations.
Basically the two scenarios are only similar by virtue of the fact it's rumoured Sancho is getting a big contract (doubt he is to be honest).

Other than that Sanchez is totally irrelevant.

Infestissumam

how tf is Alexis Sanchez brought into this?! Makes no sense at all.

and all that "proven/unproven in xyz" talk is overblown too. One would think Bruno Fernandes has shown that these discussions are moot.

Widow

How one was a proven international and multi league player and one isn’t proven outside BL but the wage is similar, you’re right maybe I should have more hesitations.
One was on the decline and chose a big pay day and the other is on the up and has chose the club he wants.

Although Sancho hasn't played much first team football in England, surely being born here and coming through the youth ranks sets him up perfectly for adapting to our league.

Deery

Dreary
I think any reasonable assessment of Sanchez should have considered the potential for burnout. He's played non-stop for a few years before joining us. That doubling up of the Copa America really impacted him.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but everyone at United thought he was the bees knees as did nearly all the fan base.

red thru&thru

The fee isn't changing no matter how Sancho performs. I wish people would understand this. Dortmund and the player have an agreement, they can't go back on that, it really doesn't matter how he plays over the next couple of weeks.
Of course they can.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Expect us to negotiate fairly hard on this and dig our heels in. Not a bad thing that we didn’t back down last year, may work out in our favour this time around.

Infestissumam

It would be suicidal as a club to go against a gentlemen's agreement they have with the player. It could have long term ramifications if they suddenly decide to change the terms that they've already established. It won't happen.
exactly, especially since they heavily rely on recruiting young top talents to develop them and sell them for a big fee. Don't want to mess with that.

Deery

Dreary
Basically the two scenarios are only similar by virtue of the fact it's rumoured Sancho is getting a big contract (doubt he is to be honest).

If you’re paying him nearly 400k a week then it isn’t irrelevant our best player is on only 120k a week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It would be suicidal as a club to go against a gentlemen's agreement they have with the player. It could have long term ramifications if they suddenly decide to change the terms that they've already established. It won't happen.
Considering how they attract young players, it’s really wouldn’t be a good look for them.

red thru&thru

If he has a good tournament, other teams could get involved, price can increase. No guarantee he comes.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just don’t want to get burned again had it with Dortmund players, high transfers and high wages in the past.

It’s PTSD I tell you..
I don't remember Kagawa and Mkhitaryan being on big money? Or being that expensive.

Try not to worry about it

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but everyone at United thought he was the bees knees as did nearly all the fan base.
Yes most of us did but I recall a few dissenting voices who mentioned the potential for burnout. Looking back it should have been more obvious but I think all Jose cared about was getting one over on Guardiola.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Chill, people.

Now, look at this gif of a cat driving a car.

Ha, look at the fella go. Whooh.

wolvored

Because other German sources (Bild, Sport1, Kicker) have reported that we've made a bid before RN came out to say otherwise. Let's flip the question over: how do we know for sure that United haven't made a bid?
We dont. I just mentioned it was on the transfer tweets. Put it this way if we keep lowballing or if we lowball them (depending if we have or havent) you can see it dragging out until we hit their deadline.

Deery

Dreary
I don't remember Kagawa and Mkhitaryan being on big money? Or being that expensive.

Try not to worry about it
As I said earlier in the thread I will embrace him and treat him like our own I’m well aware of his quality and hope he does well, just these transfer prices and wages got me jittery.

wolvored

Expect us to negotiate fairly hard on this and dig our heels in. Not a bad thing that we didn’t back down last year, may work out in our favour this time around.
No it wont. Unless we give them the asking price we wont be getting him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We dont. I just mentioned it was on the transfer tweets. Put it this way if we keep lowballing or if we lowball them (depending if we have or havent) you can see it dragging out until we hit their deadline.
Just so you know, I posted both the Sport1 and RN Tweets. I even added my comments on the RN Tweet indicating how Dortmund could also have an intermediary like they did last summer.

Deery

Dreary
Yes most of us did but I recall a few dissenting voices who mentioned the potential for burnout. Looking back it should have been more obvious but I think all Jose cared about was getting one over on Guardiola.
I admit I thought Sanchez was going to win us the league, I’m sure Sancho will do better than him.

Offsideagain

Let’s be honest, nobody knows the truth about who has offered how much or what Sancho’s wages are. Dortmund hard playing hardball knowing United must sign a right winger and will probably get all of what they want for him.

Judas

Open to offers
If he has a good tournament, other teams could get involved, price can increase. No guarantee he comes.
Do you genuinely think no other teams have asked after him? He wants to come here, as hard as it seems to be for some Manchester United fans to understand, he's wanted to come here and been more than open to it since he was at City.

"price can increase" you mean a bidding war? :lol: love how so many of the same myths get recycled in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.