Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

anyone thinking we are walking away / going to let someone else swoop in over 10 million is having a laugh.

This is all a game of "creative" repayment clauses and repayment periods. He's coming to MUFC. It's done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Biggest question at this point will be what number does he get, as Cavani here for another year with the #7

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I reckon he could comfortably play #10 as well if Lingard leaves and Bruno needs a break here and there.
This. He has a playmaker ability for sure. Good eye for a pass in tight circumstances/low block. I see him a Bruno sub when he needs a day off or maybe like City a double playmaker/#10 scenario.

Abdullah7

Biggest question at this point will be what number does he get, as Cavani here for another year with the #7
He'll get the 7 hopefully when he delivers on his promises in due time any random number would suit my answer. However, knowing United I know they'll make a fuzz about it. After indulging that he can take 18 after Bruno gets his beloved number 8. Or 9 as we hear Martial might not be here next season ...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If those reported wages are true, what does that mean for us going forward? I can understand it for a guaranteed match winner like Mbappe, or even Haaland, at a push. But 350K?

If reports are to be believed, Bruno is on a paltry 100K and there was talk of doubling his wages. Logically he'd be asking for parity with Sancho.

Seems a bit crazy to me.
Sounds like you answered your own question.

Everyone accuses United to be a business more than a football club. Then if we are to apply that assumption then there is more logic in their approach and lessons learnt.

KD6-3.7

I'm not really following this saga except for updates on Twitter so I'm just hoping i wake up one day to find the deal has finally been completed. Really hope it doesn't drag out but considering how inept our club is at getting deals done with no fuss I won't hold my breath.

Deery

Dreary
I'm not really following this saga except for updates on Twitter so I'm just hoping i wake up one day to find the deal has finally been completed. Really hope it doesn't drag out but considering how inept our club is at getting deals done with no fuss I won't hold my breath.
Why the dig at the end when you know nothing about the transfer?

Club could be doing it’s upmost.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Murtough will be the one who deals with clubs & agents.

Judge deals negotiating the players contracts

Woodward will oversee the lot & then go and get sign off from Joel.

But Murtough is the main point of call for transfers.

The Athletic - Man Utd Hierarchy

The Athletic Explaining Man Utd Transfers Business
It's strange how people in the caf quote journalists when what's written backs up their beliefs, then call then idiots, scumbags and fantasists when what they write doesn't. So next time The Athletic say we are in for Messi, you'll just agree with them? If you really believe Woodward hasn't and doesn't continue to muck up our club, well, I've just left a tooth under my pillow and will blame you when I don't find any cash there tomorrow...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope he get 7, we need to finally have a worthy long term successor for the #7, after Best, Cantona, Beckham and Ronaldo.
Cavani is good but he is only here for short term.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Last season they categorically stated that they weren’t selling. It’s totally different now
Last season they said exactly the same, word for word - that there's an agreement with the player he can be sold if certain condidtions - fee, time of the transfer, are met.

They only stated there weren't selling after the deadline they'd been proclaiming publicly all summer had passed - keeping in line with the meaning of, well, deadline.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

lysglimt

Scout
I'd rather splash 90m on grealish and grab sancho next year for 40-50m (he'll only have a year left then and the germans would rather take that instead of letting him go for free).

Grealish is tried and tested in the league.
It hasn't occurred to you that Sancho might tell United to f..off after failing to sign him 2 years in a row ?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Sporting Lisboa was in a huge financial crisis - Dortmund are not. Dortmund knows they can easily raise £100m + for Haaland if they madly need to raise money - so they can afford to wait.
Last seasons financial report revealed that making a significant sale each year was part of their business strategy. They’ve already announced they lost 49.5m in 19/20 and that figure is likely much higher for 20/21. They didn’t manage to sell any significant players last season.

So while they might not be in any sort of financial “difficulty” you’re kidding yourself if you think they don’t want to get this transfer done this season. They can bluster all they like about not wanting or needing to sell, fortunately the United negotiators won’t be as green as the fans who are lapping up every word Dortmund preach as gospel.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Last seasons financial report revealed that making a significant sale each year was part of their business strategy. They’ve already announced they lost 49.5m in 19/20 and that figure is likely much higher for 20/21. They didn’t manage to sell any significant players last season.

So while they might not be in any sort of financial “difficulty” you’re kidding yourself if you think they don’t want to get this transfer done this season. They can bluster all they like about not wanting or needing to sell, fortunately the United negotiators won’t be as green as the fans who are lapping up every word Dortmund preach as gospel.
Dortmund has debts equaling around 27M €. United has around 675M €. They don't need to sell at all. If they were in need of cash, they could just raise a loan like it is common practice among practically all football clubs in the world.

The level of empathy in this thread is really astonishing. People pretend to be master negotiators yet don't even try to put themselves in the position of the other party.

UncleBob

Dortmund has debts equaling around 27M €. United has around 675M €. They don't need to sell at all. If they were in need of cash, they could just raise a loan like it is common practice among practically all football clubs in the world.

The level of empathy in this thread is really astonishing. People pretend to be master negotiators yet don't even try to put themselves in the position of the other party.
comparing debt size :lol:

RkkMan

Last season they said exactly the same, word for word - that there's an agreement with the player he can be sold if certain condidtions - fee, time of the transfer, are met.

They only stated there weren't selling after the deadline they'd been proclaiming publicly all summer had passed - keeping in line with the meaning of, well, deadline.
Last season those close to Utd also reported that the club saw BVB's demands as "unrealistic" and that the gap in valuation was very big. There was never a time talks between the two clubs progressed like they have this year with just formalities left

theklr

Dortmund is only selling at a particular price because of their gentlemen’s agreement and the fact Sancho want to go home.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

United’s debt is part of its business model to offset tax paid on profits.

Dortmund’s business model is completely the opposite. They’re not going to start loading up on debt when they can sell players.

It’s not about empathy. It’s an objective discussion. You can’t just have Dortmund’s bluster being taken as fact and then cry about empathy when a valid counter argument is put forward.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Surely though you could argue this summer is the last real opportunity to get a good price for him?
Sanchos contract ends in 2023, which means next summer he'll have a year left. Clubs will know that obviously and will likely want to get him on a free the following season. So United surely must have some leverage in that? Not much admittidly, but some at the very least?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Last season those close to Utd also reported that the club saw BVB's demands as "unrealistic" and that the gap in valuation was very big. There was never a time talks between the two clubs progressed like they have this year with just formalities left
Yes, but my post was just about the public stance of the BVB board and their readiness to sell.

I for one was surprised you didn't buy him last summer, though with the pandemic maybe I shouldn't have been. My take is that you decided not to spend big on Sancho as Juve didn't spend big on Pogba.
This summer, it would be pretty weird if it didn't happen after all that smoke.

dinostar77

Do we really want to break our transfer record and wage structure for somebody who can’t get in the England starting XI?!

*we do*
Whats the alternative? We've asked to be kept informed on the situations of Kinglsey Coman and Dembele (barca) as fallback options. Honestly id rather utd overpaid for Sancho now we are so close rather than either of them.

RkkMan

Yes, but my post was just about the public stance of the BVB board and their readiness to sell.

I for one was surprised you didn't buy him last summer, though with the pandemic maybe I shouldn't have been. My take is that the lack of an offer for Sancho was connected to the lack of an offer for Pogba by Juve.
This summer, it would be pretty weird if it didn't happen after all that smoke.
It wasn't due to lack of offers for Pogba we still made an unofficial offer of €100m(add ons included) we simply didn't want to pay £108m up front during a pandemic and frankly nobody was ever paying that. Utd's negotiating team can be stupid at times but we've never failed to complete our big money signings when talks are just discussing last formalities

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This is a done deal.

Not sure what happened with those transfer dealings but had United gone through with Ole's/scouts recommendations on Bellingham and Haaland we would be seeing a different squad and only looking for a major centre-back and a few bolt-ons in the transfer market. It's been a comedy of errors in the clubs' transfer dealings for years.

Might be a controversial comment but from a purely financial perspective, Raiola's antics and hefty charges are worth the hassle. He's made or will make Dortmund a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.