2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Idxomer

He's always looking to pick a teammate, that should keep him in the team till further notice.

resimad7

Don’t think he did much but the fact the rest of the team were so bad made him look good. He at least resembled something a professional footballer should probably play like.

Should keep his spot in place of Garnacho at the weekend. Maybe even switch Rashford to the Left and play Sancho as a false 9 allowing Mount to drop a bit deeper?

RuudTom83

Looked decent in pre-season and when he came on Monday night.

Good start for Sancho!

resimad7

Needs to start over one of Garnacho or Antony.
when Antony doesn’t start the whole right side just goes to feck. At least we are balanced with Antony in the team and have the potential to cause threats.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It's funny that Sancho barely gets any criticism yet Antony is getting loads. Sancho has been at the club a full year longer and is still rubbish, at least Antony shows for the ball and doesn't hide away. Sancho is just a wing version of Van De Beek.

TheLord

Probably his last season here anyway if he can't turn things around. But then the question is who would be daft enough to pay him 350k a week. Saudi league maybe?
He isn't an Arab and certainly not a big "brand" outside of the Dortmund/United fanbase for the Saudis to be remotely interested in.

Redstain

Given the main striker is still injured with minimal update and the state of the midfield, I think it's plausible for Sancho to start a few games as the center forward and play in between the lines, dropping back to help the build up. Similarly probably explains the interest in Kolo-Muani not a clinical player but one who can help the team in the phases of play where chances are created from.

When the team's midfield is struggling to navigate through the oppositions shape into the attack (as witnessed against Wolves) it's useful to have a type of false nine to aid. Rashford is best running into play from the wide areas and Antony likewise, even though Sancho doesn't bring a clinical aspect to his play his influence in helping the team perform could be important if the manager see's use in a similar approach and the player is receptive of the instructions.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He should either play LW or F9. Probably both as he interchanges with Rashford. Garnacho put in such an abject performance last time around, he has to drop to the bench for now. Very young player, so it’s going to happen from time to time.

Plastic Evra

Given the main striker is still injured with minimal update and the state of the midfield, I think it's plausible for Sancho to start a few games as the center forward and play in between the lines, dropping back to help the build up. Similarly probably explains the interest in Kolo-Muani not a clinical player but one who can help the team in the phases of play where chances are created from.

When the team's midfield is struggling to navigate through the oppositions shape into the attack (as witnessed against Wolves) it's useful to have a type of false nine to aid. Rashford is best running into play from the wide areas and Antony likewise, even though Sancho doesn't bring a clinical aspect to his play his influence in helping the team perform could be important if the manager see's use in a similar approach and the player is receptive of the instructions.
A point made on the United Hour that merited thought is that a false nine + Bruno + Mount might be all a little congested in the same part of the pitch. I'm sure this can be fixed with enough coordination but we don't know it's there yet.

I really hope Sancho does turn it around this season... If he can be half the player that was bought, this would be a massive boon for the front line.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
With the start of Hojlund - Sancho as a RW could be a different class.

Howl

A point made on the United Hour that merited thought is that a false nine + Bruno + Mount might be all a little congested in the same part of the pitch. I'm sure this can be fixed with enough coordination but we don't know it's there yet.

I really hope Sancho does turn it around this season... If he can be half the player that was bought, this would be a massive boon for the front line.
Theoretically he's almost the perfect winger for the system we are trying to play. He loves a 1-2, and threading the ball into the channel, which is exactly what you want with your left sided 10 doing the 1-2 and Sancho running in behind or the 10 running in behind and Sancho playing him in. He's never going to be a tricky winger who beats his man with dribbling or pace, at least in the premier league, but he's a good passer of the ball and cool as a cucumber in the box. Both of those traits suit this system.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rashford - Hojlund - Sancho
Mount
Bruno - Casemiro
Shaw-Martinez-Varane-Pavrd/AWB
Onana​

Looks a different class and might even catch the League by surprise

Matt851

when Antony doesn’t start the whole right side just goes to feck. At least we are balanced with Antony in the team and have the potential to cause threats.
Antony often looks vaguely threatening but never actually does anything

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In general I always feel like our potential threat fat outweighs our actual threat.

Redlyn

Rashford - Hojlund - Sancho
Mount
Bruno - Casemiro
Shaw-Martinez-Varane-Pavrd/AWB
Onana​

Looks a different class and might even catch the League by surprise
Bruno so deep hurts my eyes. That midfield will get trampled, no balance. I can already see Bruno losing the ball just infront of his defence. RIP.
Replace Bruno (eg move him up to no 10) with say caicedo in that sitting position. Just a complete different ball game altogether. In short we need a 6/8 still.

criticalanalysis

Honestly didn't feel he had that 'good' of a game as he had run into blind alleys and didn't offer much in terms of a final ball/good decision making. However, if the comparison is against Garnacho's performance then it was amazing as that's how bad the first half was.

flameinthesun

Think theres a lot of copium in here. Sancho looks exactly the same as he has done during his time here. In pre-season, as in all his pre-seasons with us, he looks a bit better as things are a bit slower. Even in his cameo vs wolves he was same old Sancho, a few nice touches here an attempted drive at a defender that he abandons there, his usual loss of concentration with a poor touch or poor pass. He looks physically the same. Same old Sancho.

Marcus

I think this is his season. Opportunities have opened up due to injuries and his flexibility in taking up different attacking positions. If he applies himself and pushes aggressively, the work done in the middle of last season will pay off. He could be the EtH Cinderella story.

dubplate warrior

I think this is his season. Opportunities have opened up due to injuries and his flexibility in taking up different attacking positions. If he applies himself and pushes aggressively, the work done in the middle of last season will pay off. He could be the EtH Cinderella story.
I actually think he'd look much better with someone like Hojlund. He's quite good at picking a pass between the lines but has never had a striker with good movement to feed in the box.

Marcus

I actually think he'd look much better with someone like Hojlund. He's quite good at picking a pass between the lines but has never had a striker with good movement to feed in the box.
I hope you are right! He was good at feeling Haaland as well after all.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's being phased out obviously, wish we could have sold him this summer if he's not going to feature in Eric's plans.

flappyjay

I would rather have his tame efforts at cf as long as we get Rashy to the left.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's failed to change the game twice now and people think he deserves a chance after two seasons of nothing.

saivet

Wonder if we'll ever see him played as a false 9. Suppose it may have been a pre-season experiment that ETH ultimately wasn't convinced with.

aeh1991

He's failed to change the game twice now and people think he deserves a chance after two seasons of nothing.
So by your logic, when a player comes in as a sub and doesn't change the game he doesn't deserve another chance, while a player who is constantly starting and fails to deliver is allowed to start the next game?