View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why do we always end up with the bad attitude players! Players like that bring the club down and don’t care about winning things!

L1nk

Why do we always end up with the bad attitude players! Players like that bring the club down and don’t care about winning things!
I don't want to alleviate personal responsibility but our club doesn't help because our ownership breeds and enables bad behaviour.

Club owners that put the onus on finance over success, leading to trouble in the dressing room when we don't want to let go of players because we aren't sure if we can sign replacements. Massively overpaying players who haven't earned or deserved it just so we can keep them on the books as a financial asset etc etc

In terms of Sancho himself, In what world do you pay a 21 year old footballer 350k a week, especially one who wasn't exactly world class, good? Sure, but Messi and Ronaldo weren't earning this at 21. Guy clearly doesn't have the motivation to perform and impress when he's unlikely to ever get a wage higher than this in his entire career and he got it at 21! A lifestyle merchant not a footballer anymore.

Levi1

Time to put these prima donnas on commission heavy remuneration.

RuudTom83

Changing managers frequently and giving all the players "clean-slates" every time doesn't help.

Plastic Evra

In terms of Sancho himself, In what world do you pay a 21 year old footballer 350k a week, especially one who wasn't exactly world class, good? Sure, but Messi and Ronaldo weren't earning this at 21.
Mbappé, Haaland, Enzo Fernandez... I think it's the reality of where the business is at now. Sancho did look almost quite that level at BVB, at least superficially.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Mbappé, Haaland, Enzo Fernandez... I think it's the reality of where the business is at now. Sancho did look almost quite that level at BVB, at least superficially.
He was comfortably on that level, and the price was perfectly fair for him.

But if a player doesn't give a feck, it doesn't matter how naturally gifted he is. I've been a big Sancho fan and have advocated for him playing often, but I assume everything that's coming out is pretty true and in that case he can feck off for good.

I mean imagine having to fecking resort to telling a grown man to be there an hour before the actual time just so he'll show up on time!

Pickle85

He was comfortably on that level, and the price was perfectly fair for him.

But if a player doesn't give a feck, it doesn't matter how naturally gifted he is. I've been a big Sancho fan and have advocated for him playing often, but I assume everything that's coming out is pretty true and in that case he can feck off for good.

I mean imagine having to fecking resort to telling a grown man to be there an hour before the actual time just so he'll show up on time!
Exactly right. I thought he'd be absolutely brilliant here but he's lacking the drive to be the player we hoped. A shame (particularly as my city mate, who I rinsed when we got Sancho from Dortmund, is not letting me forget it).

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Changing managers frequently and giving all the players "clean-slates" every time doesn't help.
You can change managers frequently without giving players clean slates. Other clubs do it all the time. Of course, that would require having an actual structure to the club beyond "delegate all footballing decisions to the manager".

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Can't body check a defender even if his life depended on it, runs like they are rocks strapped to his knees, can't shot, can't cross theres absolutely nothing about his game worth taking about in a positive light.

He's done here, exposed as fraud.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Is he worst signing than Pogba? At least Pogba would still deliver something like a month per year, or something. Sancho has been consistently shite this whole time and giving us this shite attitude.

Marcus

Is he worst signing than Pogba? At least Pogba would still deliver something like a month per year, or something. Sancho has been consistently shite this whole time and giving us this shite attitude.
Both were a waste of space and toxic to building a team which fights for each other. Basically coasters who only want to be on the pitch where things are going well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As of now, miles worse. Pogba went through phases of being excellent.

Roboc7

The writing was on the wall for him from very early on, this will be a third wasted season I’m sure. That’s more than enough, he just seems like someone there will always be issues with and he isn’t good enough to keep making allowances.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Could never have predicted this trajectory when he was balling for Dortmund.

I expected him to struggle more against PL opposition obviously but I still thought he'd be one of the best wingers in the league

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wonder where he'll go. Surely off in January or the summer. If he goes to Saudi ... will say a lot about his priorities

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's on the same level as Myhikiytaryain
Mkhi at least did well in our EL winning campaign, and we moved on from him pretty quickly when it became clear it wasn't working out. No hard feelings there.

Sure, he was swapped for a player who also ended up becoming a massive flop, but that's hardly his fault.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s very very disappointing. I thought he’d surprise everyone this season and kick on especially after the manager gave him that time off last season (the supposed arm the shoulder he needs) and then played him up front in preseason and it looked very promising. Sancho looked fit and up for it. We finally have a striker he can play off. Ugh. So it seems behind the scenes he’s another with major issues. I still have hope that like AWB he can turn it around but he’s gone from being the signing I’ve been most excited about for years to being a hindrance. I can kind of see now why the club keep signing expensive old players because at least they are professional and hold the dressing room together.

It feels like all our young players have had issues or at least are not likeable. Nothing to do with not winning. Garnacho being late and stuff. Martial messy personal life, can’t stay fit, doesn’t look motivated on the pitch, greenwood, Morrison, Rashford looked not arsed for nearly 2 seasons, Sancho now, Antony, Pogba and Lingard would rather be TikTok stars, Henderson, Williams with his bling, AWB with his driving thing, Shaw with his weight and fitness back in the day, Depay wanting to be a rapper, Lukaku the man child and so on. It’s exhausting. It’s like we try and find the least serious young players we can and give them the world and just leave them at it. Any time a manager tried to shake things up they just down tools. Sad state of affairs as I love nothing more than watching a young player blossom here. Rasmus for my money looks like he’s a serious one at long last.

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Could never have predicted this trajectory when he was balling for Dortmund.

I expected him to struggle more against PL opposition obviously but I still thought he'd be one of the best wingers in the league
I find the whole thing really bizarre. The step up (if that’s the right term) from Bundesliga to Premiership explains some of it, but it can’t only be that.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Wonder where he'll go. Surely off in January or the summer. If he goes to Saudi ... will say a lot about his priorities
Who else would cover his wages though? I don’t envy Utd here, he must be due £40 or £50m until the end of his contract, I just can’t see him (or any player) giving that up

BeltUp

Supports
United
Who else would cover his wages though? I don’t envy Utd here, he must be due £40 or £50m until the end of his contract, I just can’t see him (or any player) giving that up
He's gonna have to take a wage cut or sit in the reserves for years and destroy his career.

Møllemanden

I know Sancho was only 17 at the time, but staying away from your job for two to three weeks without a proper explanation is just childish and unprofessional. He went to Dortmund because that was the easiest way for him to play first team football. No matter what's going on and what the truth is today, he's been a poor player for a long time. So, time to find a new club asap.

Cloud7

He's on the same level as Myhikiytaryain
Mkhi was far cheaper, had several good periods for us, and he never lacked effort or determination, nor did he publicly fall out with anyone.

We need to stop drawing reference points on Sancho being on the same level as anyone.

He is on a level by himself as our worst ever signing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I know Sancho was only 17 at the time, but staying away from your job for two to three weeks without a proper explanation is just childish and unprofessional. He went to Dortmund because that was the easiest way for him to play first team football. No matter what's going on and what the truth is today, he's been a poor player for a long time. So, time to find a new club asap.
For what it’s worth I actually support any young players decision to move to a club like Dortmund or Brighton because that’s the best place for young talents to be nurtured in modern football.

United used to be a great environment to foster talent but the sad thing is that if you have ambitions to be a top club your first team need to have their shit together to make it possible for young players to integrate and even then there is only limited spots. Stepping stone clubs can be more liberal with minutes.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He's gonna have to take a wage cut or sit in the reserves for years and destroy his career.
Well, OR, Utd will agree to pay half his wages, rather than ALL his wages, for him to go somewhere else. Letting him rot in the reserves is incredibly bad business for Utd, especially with FFP constrainers.

fps

Mkhitaryan was a far more successful signing than Sancho. He had one really good season for us and cost a portion of the price.
I mean he's as good at football as him. I think that's his top level.

RedDevil@84

Hopefully he cares about his career. But wouldn't be surprised if he decides feck that, make the most money when I can.

Born2Lose

Apt quote from SAF:-

“You must have hunger and desire to succeed, talent and potential can only be fully realised if those two elements exist."

BeltUp

Supports
United
Well, OR, Utd will agree to pay half his wages, rather than ALL his wages, for him to go somewhere else. Letting him rot in the reserves is incredibly bad business for Utd, especially with FFP constrainers.
The board should play chicken on this one. It's not like the Maguire situation where he's not done anything wrong apart from not being good enough.

Valencia Shin Crosses

As of now, miles worse. Pogba went through phases of being excellent.
The revisionism on Pogba has gotten insane. Sure he didn't reach his ridiculous potential with us but he was quite often our best midfielder when fit even with all of his flaws, and had a couple brilliant seasons. Failure of a signing overall but never the disaster some make it out to be.