2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kellyiom

I can confidently say that there are semi pro footballers who work harder than many professional footballers. Sancho can't keep his job as a footballer. He couldn't work a full day job and then practice in the evenings and compete on the weekend.

Working hard as a teenager where you dismiss school and don't have responsibilities is a privileged life. Then you reach a point where you have to play against adults, adults who don't muck around. You get responsibilities. That's where professional players get separated from the likes of Sancho, Morrison, Adu etc. All the talent in the world won't do you much good if you don't have the head for professional football and when you take everything for granted.

I saw a 32 year old Premier League winner Lee Sharpe play football against semi-pros and he was consistently the worst footballer on the pitch. That's what happens when your head is gone.
How did you feel about that @Snow ? Was it a bit of a downer or was he still a 'bit of a lad'?

Bondi77

Is his value going up while he is inactive?
Hopefully potential buyers are binge watching his Dortmund highlights and not his Utd ones!

Jeffthered

He's made himself become a bit of a joke. No one can even remember him playing football.

ForFuchsSake

Dortmund could sell us a plague. Watch him return there and return to his form of old - feels almost written in the stars.

Does seem like a toxic character though. Has only shown ‘moments’ and very, very few of them. Will be glad when the club sees the back of him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Not rotating with Sancho, but he could've played Garnacho or Rashford on the right occasionally, or change formation, anything but overplaying Antony who contributed nothing to this team.
Rashford is terrible on the right, worse than Antony. And the fact that Rashford is still the one who moves over to the right when Garnacho comes on indicates that the youngster is even worse.

Antony obviously was massively overpriced and I certainly wouldn't say he's been a success, but overall he has been better than people make out. Had some periods where he's been useless of course, but most of the time he's been 'ok', with some periods where he's actually been good.

julianfr

I don't condone his behaviour, and we obviously don't know everything that has gone on behind the scenes, but it's very rare we make a big money signing who go onto be a success.

Pogba
Maguire
Antony (needs time)
Sancho
Lukaku
Di Maria

The club is very poorly ran, and we have no clue how to utilise these players effectively when signing them.

Don't get me wrong, its not all on the club, and of course the players need to take some responsibility, but we have no strategy and its why we're in such a mess when it comes to transfers.
Forget trying to figure out how to utilize them. We should first assess their suitability for our team BEFORE even putting them on the shortlist. But that's where we fail spectacularly.

gza the genius

And what would that apology get him apart from ocassional bench time? He still wouldn't start over ETH lovechild Antony so from his perspective why bother? He still trains and plays some footy, collects hefty paycheck all while Antony stinks place all over.

Now don't get me wrong, I dislike Sancho for poor attitude and want him out of the club, but ETH won't rotate even if his life depends on it so in Sancho case apology means shit.
I think if Sancho apologized and could be bothered to train well and do what ETH asks of him on the pitch then he'd get playing time. Obviously ETH favors Antony but it's because Antony works hard and does exactly what ETH asks. It's not a complicated formula or blind favoritism, if Sancho did what ETH asked of him defensively and was performing better than Antony (or whoever else) offensively I think he'd have gotten plenty of playing time.

The fact seems to be that Sancho can't be bothered to show up on time or train hard and then in games you can also see countless times when he's not doing the even bare minimum defensively/with pressing or whatever else.

always_hoping

Earning a fortune by sitting on his hole at home playing video games since August and now expected to jump ship to that below average Saudi league whereby he'll earn even more money. Modern day footballers for you..

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
And what would that apology get him apart from ocassional bench time? He still wouldn't start over ETH lovechild Antony so from his perspective why bother? He still trains and plays some footy, collects hefty paycheck all while Antony stinks place all over.

Now don't get me wrong, I dislike Sancho for poor attitude and want him out of the club, but ETH won't rotate even if his life depends on it so in Sancho case apology means shit.
Just want to point out that this is utter bollox. In the last fortnight ETH has dropped Antony to play both Pellistri and Rashford ahead of him on the right. Not to mention that injuries and (as it turns out) “other” issues means there would have been loads of opportunities for Sancho to get game time ahead of Antony this season.

Plus the redemption story of Maguire and McT is all the evidence you need that ETH is willing to stick with players that wouldn’t have been his first choice if they make the most of opportunities that come their way. If Sancho hadn’t been such a fecking baby, worked his arse off and given 100% to try and produce on the pitch there’s every chance he’d be a nailed on starter by now. If he’s capable of doing that, obviously. I suspect, deep down, he knows he’s a fairweather footballer, who hasn’t got the stones to do what Maguire and McT have done this season so doubling down on his antics and forcing a move is the better/easier option from his perspective.

always_hoping

Just want to point out that this is utter bollox. In the last fortnight ETH has dropped Antony to play both Pellistri and Rashford ahead of him on the right. Not to mention that injuries and (as it turns out) “other” issues means there would have been loads of opportunities for Sancho to get game time ahead of Antony this season.

Plus the redemption story of Maguire and McT is all the evidence you need that ETH is willing to stick with players that wouldn’t have been his first choice if they make the most of opportunities that come their way. If Sancho hadn’t been such a fecking baby, worked his arse off and given 100% to try and produce on the pitch there’s every chance he’d be a nailed on starter by now. If he’s capable of doing that, obviously. I suspect, deep down, he knows he’s a fairweather footballer, who hasn’t got the stones to do what Maguire and McT have done this season so doubling down on his antics and forcing a move is the better/easier option from his perspective.
Well said. Maguire and McT could easily have got the hump and sat at home refusing to play also but both looked past that and acted like they are, professional footballers.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Very good hard hitting post. Only thing would be if Sancho has deeper lying problems. Strange how he lost form so fast after moving here. I remember the muppetry…

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.

Yeah, I was wrong about ETH dropping Antony. He was given too many chances, and "works hard" is poorest arrgument ever for someone without any end product to be played week in week out. Was frustrated he went with him for so long, hopefully this means end of Antony shitshow on the right for good.

Oh and agree about Sancho, he just too soft and thinks of himself more than he's really worth. He sooner he feck off aswell the better.

Hopefully we find some solution for that RW spot, again.

didz

Very good hard hitting post. Only thing would be if Sancho has deeper lying problems. Strange how he lost form so fast after moving here. I remember the muppetry…
I don't think it was much of a surprise that he didn't hit the ground running after the Euros thing. There were also fitness issues (ear infection) although hindsight might colour the perception a bit now.

I thought he was ready to kick on last season. Good game against Liverpool, followed it up with good performances against Leicester and Southampton, but then flatlined completely once again. Ultimately @Pogue Mahone has it spot on really. He's had so many chances and has outright turned down so many over the last couple of months.

Somebody reasonably two-footed who plays with their head up and creates chances is all I'm asking for. Surely we can find that?

Oranges038

Bang on.

To me it looks like he's on a similar trajectory to Anelka.

Tore up at a young age

Got his big move

Stinks it up and falls out with the manager, fell out with Del Bosque for not training.

Gets another move and does it again with a manager who's also not afraid to drop other players.Anelka's coach at PSG even dropped Ronaldinho for not playing well.

And he also played FIFA - Spanish media took the piss out of Anelka for playing the game with them and scoring on it, because he hadn't scored all season.

Maybe in a few years he'll end up playing for Bolton and West Brom.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, I was wrong about ETH dropping Antony. He was given too many chances, and "works hard" is poorest arrgument ever for someone without any end product to be played week in week out. Was frustrated he went with him for so long, hopefully this means end of Antony shitshow on the right for good.

Oh and agree about Sancho, he just too soft and thinks of himself more than he's really worth. He sooner he feck off aswell the better.

Fair play. I didn’t deserve as thoughtful a response for a post which started out so dismissively! Apologies for the “utter bollox” comment. I do try to be less of an asshole on here. But it’s a work in progress!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Fair play. I didn’t deserve as thoughtful a response for a post which started out so dismissively! Apologies for the “utter bollox” comment. I do try to be less of an asshole on here. But it’s a work in progress!
May be a transfer with @golden_blunder might work out, he's been having asshole problems as well :D

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Another good example is AWB. Everyone and his dog thought his United career was finished, when a modern coach EtH came in and Dalot had a very good early half season. Dalot got injured, and AWB is now our best RB.

Of course he still can be upgraded. But it will take a very special RB to oust him.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
No worries, glad someone called me out for what was bad post(s)!

Cloud7

Another good example is AWB. Everyone and his dog thought his United career was finished, when a modern coach EtH came in and Dalot had a very good early half season. Dalot got injured, and AWB is now our best RB.

Of course he still can be upgraded. But it will take a very special RB to oust him.
The favoritism argument has always been nonsense. If there's one thing ETH has shown is that he's willing to give chances when players work hard and improve. AWB last season was a good example, and Maguire is the big one this season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The favoritism argument has always been nonsense. If there's one thing ETH has shown is that he's willing to give chances when players work hard and improve. AWB last season was a good example, and Maguire is the big one this season.
Agreed. That's another reason I very much like EtH's man management. He is fair.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's also a 2 way street - the player has to be willing to do what's needed as well and it seems Sancho isn't

Bondi77

Good post