2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

jesperjaap

I don’t know about that - if I feel I’ve done nothing wrong and I’m being told I have in public and to apologise on top of it? I don’t see myself doing it. People are different though - and I’m not even saying Sancho is right or justified. Interestingly there were reports today that some squad members don’t agree with his treatment - that could very well have been fed by Sancho’s camp - or it could be that some maybe feel he wasn’t wrong in this instance.

Fact of the matter is that United isn’t at the pinnacle of football as it used to be. Sure we pay really high wages but we don’t carry the same prestige we used to, so for some players standing on their pride even if it means the end of their career here is an easier decision now than it would have been years ago.

EtH needs results fast and a recognisable coherent style of play. Sell Sancho, Mctominay, Maguire asap.
Prestige or not, this is the problem with a few players here, Maguire is another example saying he doesnt need to prove himself etc etc, been a few others too.

What baffles me is nearly everyone of them has been dreadful performance wise for the club. So it is self protection or smoke screen to keep earnig nthe wages, is it arrognace, pride or pure delusion?

They should be embarassed and ashamed of the performances the have put in. Have you ever been in a job where you have worked hard but performed miserably in and failed? I have had that before personally and no way I could possibly have reacted like either of those two, baffles me. Sancho has only bee here two years and probably moves on, bt how many players are still here even after all the exits the last two years, that have been here for 3 seasons or a lot more, that have never been very good, there are several, how are they staying in there roles for so long, Martial for example msut have been here seven seasons now.

People would joke about Anderson who had a couple of decent seasons and seemed to stay far longer than he shold of.....but there are loads of players here could be compared at the moment

ShinjiNinja26

His signing has been an absolute disaster. Has he even strung 3 or 4 consistently good performances in a row since he’s been here? Seems like he’d score or assist then go quite for weeks before maybe getting another one with shite performances in between when he’s not on the bench. A terrible return for the outlay involved.

redcucumber

He isn’t allowed to train with the first team and will very likely be banned from traveling with them as well.
Which would be revoked if he went to the manager and apologised, like he obviously should do. He's playing a very strange game in which the only loser is himself. Does he not know to stop digging when he's in a hole?

miked99

I always thought he was an alright character. Never came across as a troublemaker, if anything he seemed too meek and mild to succeed at the club.

But jesus, what a dickhead. There's a guaranteed spot in the team available at right wing but he'd rather act the prick and sit on his arse doing nothing. Not just that, how's it going to look when the team is losing every week and he could've helped at a time he was needed but chose not to? I can't see any way back for him from this, and there shouldn't be. Only room for one manager at the club.

Son

One player I’d actually bother to watch Bundesliga for each week when he was at Dortmund so a dream signing for me at the time.

Apart from 25 min late cameo when the opponents were already tired I can’t remember a single top quality performance from him in years.

Not even one fond memory of Sancho in a United shirt which is absolutely nuts. I don’t even know who was worse him or Alexis? Alexis was a much better player in my eyes but he flopped hard given his talent.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
One player I’d actually bother to watch Bundesliga for each week when he was at Dortmund so a dream signing for me at the time.

Apart from 25 min late cameo when the opponents were already tired I can’t remember a single top quality performance from him in years.

Not even one fond memory of Sancho in a United shirt which is absolutely nuts. I don’t even know who was worse him or Alexis? Alexis was a much better player in my eyes but he flopped hard given his talent.
Scored against Liverpool

George Beast

I remember watching him play for City's youth team against ours when we had Angel Gomes and some other promising youngsters. I thought we'd rip City a new one but he stood out way more than anyone else on the pitch. Been wanting him on our side ever since. So disappointing

Son

I remember watching him play for City's youth team against ours when we had Angel Gomes and some other promising youngsters. I thought we'd rip City a new one but he stood out way more than anyone else on the pitch. Been wanting him on our side ever since. So disappointing
That’s another disappointing thing actually. We used to at least have a decent youth team but again nobody did anything for us.

Unless McTomminay was playing that day. Madrid have the same problem though I think. Always look like they have world beaters but they never play for Madrid in the end.

Ace of Spades

I was not the biggest fan of him, as the rare times he played for the NT, he always looked meh.

A waste of money, like plenty we have wasted ever since SAF.

HackeyC

As odd as it sounds, Sancho should watch episode 4 of the Beckham documentary, he could learn a lot about himself, resilience and application.

Grande

When transfer threads are locked when there are no transfer rumours about a player anymore, I can’t figure how a Jadon Sancho Performances thread is still able to be bumped.

dcrompton

Jadon Sancho’s tragic
But on FIFA he is ‘phat’
But when it comes to training
He say’s ‘yeah feck that’
He didn’t sign for Liverpool
Because they scout right
He signed for Man United
Because we’ve fecking gone to shite

tomaldinho1

Jadon Sancho’s tragic
But on FIFA he is ‘phat’
But when it comes to training
He say’s ‘yeah feck that’
He didn’t sign for Liverpool
Because they scout right
He signed for Man United
Because we’ve fecking gone to shite
Glazers at the wheel,
Tell me how good does it feel?
We’ve had Pogba, Sanchez, Ronaldo,
If you’ve got an ego United’s where to go.
But before you goooooo
I forgot Sanchoooooo

HackeyC

When transfer threads are locked when there are no transfer rumours about a player anymore, I can’t figure how a Jadon Sancho Performances thread is still able to be bumped.
In fairness, if he's not yet being transferred yet, surely we can discuss his performances, even if not entirely recent?

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Somebody to bring the stats.. How many games has he played in the last 1 year.. So many months out for non injury issues is absolutely bonkers.

What a waste of money and resources.

Edit...

2023-24 - 3 games played this season league.

2022-23 - 21 league starts. 5 subs league. /// 6 Europa starts, 4 subs

2021-22 - 20 starts. 9 subs. League. /// 5 UCL starts, 2 Subs.

44 League starts in 84 league games ( 38+38+8 games )

Almost half of PL games he NOT has started. One of the highest club earners. Stunning really.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Just finished watching the Beckham documentary, and it's made me dislike lazy little scrotes like Sancho even more. Kid doesn't have a clue what hard work and professionalism means. You look at the characters we had back then, and it's easy to see why the standards have gone down the shitter at this club when we sign weak and mentally fragile losers like this lad

Trequarista10

Just finished watching the Beckham documentary, and it's made me dislike lazy little scrotes like Sancho even more. Kid doesn't have a clue what hard work and professionalism means. You look at the characters we had back then, and it's easy to see why the standards have gone down the shitter at this club when we sign weak and mentally fragile losers like this lad
So true.

hobbers

This is inevitably what happens when you pay most talented 18 year olds 60k a week and 300k a week by the time they hit 22.

ti vu

This is inevitably what happens when you pay most talented 18 year olds 60k a week and 300k a week by the time they hit 22.
Doesn't explain why some other clubs don't face same issue operate in same market now.

It's just that our model built and dependent on SAF. We don't have a SAF now, and the structure at this club is way behind others, and the incompetent directors at the club just allow managers too much unearned power. So expensive player that previous manager recruited, may be dead wood when the next manager move into office: Maguire, Sancho. Antony, Mount may go the same way if ETH loses the job.

Sancho seems to play his last game for ETH. It's now the question whether ETH can turn the season around and continue, or Sancho survives if ETH gets sacked.

hobbers

Doesn't explain why some other clubs don't face same issue operate in same market now.
Because they've put a bigger emphasis on signing and keeping players who have good personalities while we haven't paid any attention at all to it.

Arsenal are paying Martinelli and Saka only slightly less than what we're paying Martial and Sancho. The difference is they have better character and a lot more ambition.

ti vu

Because they've put a bigger emphasis on signing and keeping players who have good personalities while we haven't paid any attention at all to it.

Arsenal are paying Martinelli and Saka only slightly less than what we're paying Martial and Sancho. The difference is they have better character and a lot more ambition.
So you agree that it's not "generational issue", but management/recruitment issue?

hobbers

So you agree that it's not "generational issue", but management/recruitment issue?
It's both.

Generational issue without question. But it's greatly exacerbated by the market and agents and entourages and bad lifestyles.

If you're going to pay 18-24 year olds £100-300k a week you have to do a lot more due diligence on their character than back in the 90s. The class of 92s first pro contracts were £230 a week. Even allowing for inflation and then some, you can see why they were financially motivated to keep working and keep improving. That driver is totally gone now.

ti vu

It's both.

Generational issue without question. But it's greatly exacerbated by the market and agents and entourages and bad lifestyles.

If you're going to pay 18-24 year olds £100-300k a week you have to do a lot more due diligence on their character than back in the 90s. The class of 92s first pro contracts were £230 a week. Even allowing for inflation and then some, you can see why they were financially motivated to keep working and keep improving. That driver is totally gone now.
We maybe able to underpay our young players at the start of our rise under SAF to become a big club. However, let's not compare apple to orange.

First of all Bosman ruling during mid 90 changed the landmark. Clubs had more power previously because even when contract expires, clubs still had power to dictate players' next move. Young players especially don't really make it until their wealth truly accumulate. What I meant is even if they had the contract, contract termination for wrongdoing and without Bosman ruling protection, the clubs could almost end players' career.

PL has been top league for a few years now that adds to the already post hyper inflation rate. PL back in early 90 after the ban lifted was not better Bundesliga which had a strong national team, with the league producing many sought after players. Even Dutch league was somewhat strong with Ajax CL triumph while PSV could recruit a top young talent like Ronaldo from Brazil. So PL might just be the Bundesliga equivalent of that era, where young talented players prefer chances to breakthrough and develop in PL than moving to top league like Serie A and rarely got minutes,

Last but not least inflation rate.

https://www.givemesport.com/1649575...id-player-every-season-from-199293-to-202021/

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erdinand-top-all-time-inflation-adjusted-fees

We may overpay in wage in comparison to player true worth, but it doesn't mean young players back then was not paid well. Harvey Barnes from first link was top earner in the league at 10k per week. If we divide that by 250, it's 40. Use "official" wage (400k) KDB is on and divide by 40, we get 10k.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/footb...-top-earners-at-club-in-150m-splash-on-wages/

McTominay back in 2019 was on 10k a week. Sure he's not on same level comparable to the class of 92. But if we have to take in best league tax, future homegrown tax, thus improving pro contract to tie young player down as soon as player break into first team policy (or risk Sancho saga forcing his move to Dortmund) that modern era brings; it's very much the paying rate is not that different.

Martial, Sancho were rated at world class talent and bought from other clubs, of course they're paid the top market rate. It's our problem, not generational issue that previous generation were underpaid. Pro footballers at big leagues at least since 90 always make good money. Our broken culture is our main issue since SAF retirement leading failing recruiting policy.

edit: from want I read, minimum wage was only introduced in UK since 1999 at £3.6 for adult, which concerted to about £600 before tax monthly. So £250 per week in early 90 was quite decent basic wage (not counting sponsor) to stay around doing what you love for a young adult, not forced into a career change.

Football has become much bigger, and footballers have been becoming celebrities and incomparable from minimum wage workers. That's the business evolution of football. Not that pro players were underpaid in compared to clubs' spending power.

Last edited:

TsuWave

The Beckham documentary should have highlighted how wrong media and fan persecution of players is - not set a standard regarding what players should be expected to deal with/overcome

as a matter of fact, the same Beckham is on record saying he's thankful he didn't have to deal with social media abuse like the current players now do

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The Beckham documentary should have highlighted how wrong media and fan persecution of players is - not set a standard regarding what players should be expected to deal with/overcome

as a matter of fact, the same Beckham is on record saying he's thankful he didn't have to deal with social media abuse like the current players now do
That's a completely different point altogether. Pretty sure the poster wasn't referring to the fan persecution of Beckham, but rather the hard work and professionalism he showed in training which led to Capello reintegrating him into the team after originally saying he would never play for Madrid again.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Of course he was. It was the most surprising take away from the doc for me. The mentality when things went against him, as they did in a serious way more than once in his career, was to dive into the job. The first of the true celebrity footballers, the blueprint for all of these flash, designer label, VIP party wide boys but LOOK at the difference in the way he approached his profession. Look, it's a puff piece doc and Becks wasn't perfect but i really feel he was night and day to the likes of Sancho.

Last edited:

TsuWave

That's a completely different point altogether. Pretty sure the poster wasn't referring to the fan persecution of Beckham, but rather the hard work and professionalism he showed in training which led to Capello reintegrating him into the team after originally saying he would never play for Madrid again.
Possibly. The poster’s reference to character in the Sancho thread though is what led me to my interpretation seeing as I don’t believe redcafe posters have/know enough to measure Sancho’s performance in training. All we have to go by are the manager’s words which Sancho evidently disagrees with being reflective of reality and it’s what led to the current situation.

I’m sure that if Sancho had a puff piece documentary - the light in which he’d be portrayed would also lead to similar positive remarks.

Pickle85

Possibly. The poster’s reference to character in the Sancho thread though is what led me to my interpretation seeing as I don’t believe redcafe posters have/know enough to measure Sancho’s performance in training. All we have to go by are the manager’s words which Sancho evidently disagrees with being reflective of reality and it’s what led to the current situation.

I’m sure that if Sancho had a puff piece documentary - the light in which he’d be portrayed would also lead to similar positive remarks.
In fairness Sancho has achieved next to nothing in his career to date so it's doubtful that a documentary, puff or not, could paint him in a light remotely comparable to Beckham.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The fact that Sancho's attitude has previously been questioned by his manager at Dortmund, combined with the fact that Ten Hag is unlikely to have lied about Sancho’s performances in training (he's got nothing to gain from saying that if it wasn't true), is what has led posters to rightfully question Sancho’s character.
Beckham received positive remarks off the back of his documentary because his career justified it. If you want to know what kind of reception a Sancho documentary would get, just look at the reaction to the documentaries released by the likes of Pogba and Kalvin Phillips. Very little fan sympathy towards players who haven't fulfilled their own potential due to (partially) their lack of desire and ambition.

Thom Merrilin

We also have his time at City, Dortmund, and with England to base our judgment on. Apparently he's demonstrated a questionable attitude and approach to training his whole career.

Oranges038

If he had a history of working hard and doing his best on the pitch, whilst also contributing to big moments and winning lots of trophies. That might just happen.

As he's only got about 2 senior club trophies, a few FIFA badges and a history of having can't be arsed attitude. I somehow doubt it.