View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

saivet

Aye, what else is he supposed to do?

He's sat at home, he's not in the squad. As much as I think he's been a total waster, this isn't really something to get worked up about.
That said there perhaps is a lack of self awareness. Maybe he didn't know it would get picked up on. I knew he was into FIFA but I had no awareness he played with YouTubers.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
That said there perhaps is a lack of self awareness. Maybe he didn't know it would get picked up on. I knew he was into FIFA but I had no awareness he played with YouTubers.
Maybe he doesn’t give a shit - either him or ETH will begone in January?

Oranges038

Nah, he's off the clock. He can do what he likes at home. There's no rule that says he has to sit down and watch the full 4 hours of game coverage.

Just another case of the internet trying to make a story out of nothing.

The real losers here are those sad people who watch other peole playing video games live on youtube.

ScholesyTheWise

No problem to be doing whatever you wish at home, off work.
he's off anyway, and for good reason.

A nothing story.

Trex

So this dude is just going to sit out the first half of the season instead of apologizing and moving on with it. That alone confirms the lazy and egotistical tw*t he is.

Kramer

Is there any way back for him? Will we try to sell him in Jan?

What’s amazed me is I feel we’ve hardly missed him at all. Given how little he actually contributed on the pitch.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Are people seriously outraged over the fact that a player we suspended indefinitely that is currently not allowed to train or be with the first team is playing video games at 7 pm on a weekday? Is there a list of things he should be allowed to do in his spare time that fans won’t find inappropriate so we can maybe forward it to him?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Are people seriously outraged over the fact that a player we suspended indefinitely that is currently not allowed to train or be with the first team is playing video games at 7 pm on a weekday? Is there a list of things he should be allowed to do in his spare time that fans won’t find inappropriate so we can maybe forward it to him?
People are outraged due to our 80 million pound star turning out to be be a total dud with a poor mentality and lack of a drive. This just allows people to pile on to such a player.

Sarni

People are outraged due to our 80 million pound star turning out to be be a total dud with a poor mentality and lack of a drive. This just allows people to pile on to such a player.
Yeah but him playing FIFA is hardly the issue here. There are many things wrong with Sancho. I have been less fond of him since the beginning than probably anyone else on this forum, I was literally the only one having doubts already after 3-4 months and suggesting a loan deal could do a lot of good for his development and realization of his shortcomings as a player. Him playing video games is not a key issue, or an issue at all..

Frank White

Why is so hard to understand that people might be upset with a 70 odd million pound player on 300k+ a week playing pro clubs instead of Champions League football due to his own petulance?

Kellyiom

So what? He's out of the team, he's hardly going to be doing the warmup at home is he.
True, if he's out then what difference does it make? I'd say it makes a huge difference. Given what's been going on and his professionalism has been under question, it sends a really appalling message I think. It looks like he's sending a message to the club that they can just F-off, he'll do what he likes, when he likes, just keep paying me though. If there were any bridges left, I think he's burned them all now and I can't see a way back unless he were to issue a huge, public unconditional apology to EtH, the club and fans. I imagine he has personal sponsors maybe, like adidas or whoever. I can't see them being too happy. It's just a horrendous example to set junior players. Yet more bad advice or is it just non-existent advice? Either way someone should have been telling him to just keep his head down while all this has been happening.

Maybe club and him should terminate the contract by mutual agreement with no big payout for the remainder of his time, he can then step back from football on grass and join an e-sports team?

Kellyiom

I wouldn't say I'm outraged but I think it's very hypocritical of him. He's put this story out that he's been scapegoated and just wants to play happy football but I'd rather he was just honest and said that he and EtH are still not budging from their respective positions so he'll be following other off-pitch activities until it's resolved and he can go back to training.

I know he won't say anything like that of course but I'm thinking that surely he's getting close to gross misconduct or bringing the club into disrepute or something? I know in the real world those are the sometimes vague reasons employers state when they're wanting to turf someone out.

I don't think there's any way back from this now, maybe Getafe want another one, going cheap!?

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
wrote in the wrong thread, please delete this

Care_de_Bobo

I wouldn't say I'm outraged but I think it's very hypocritical of him. He's put this story out that he's been scapegoated and just wants to play happy football but I'd rather he was just honest and said that he and EtH are still not budging from their respective positions so he'll be following other off-pitch activities until it's resolved and he can go back to training.

I know he won't say anything like that of course but I'm thinking that surely he's getting close to gross misconduct or bringing the club into disrepute or something? I know in the real world those are the sometimes vague reasons employers state when they're wanting to turf someone out.

I don't think there's any way back from this now, maybe Getafe want another one, going cheap!?
Playing a video game from the comfort of your own home at 7pm isn't gross misconduct or bringing the club into disrepute.

We need to stop scapegoating players, Sancho actually had a point that was lost amongst all the hysteria. The players constantly get criticised from all sides at this club, but we keep failing despite signing previously great players. The problem simply has to be that we're not creating an environment for them to succeed, rather than them being bad players or not caring enough.

McTominay gets more criticism than most of our players for example, despite the fact that we're terrible even when he doesn't play. Playing him in a diamond against Brighton which just set the team up to fail with the way it can be exploited doesn't change that fact, we would have lost that game with or without him playing, but he's an easy target.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah but him playing FIFA is hardly the issue here. There are many things wrong with Sancho. I have been less fond of him since the beginning than probably anyone else on this forum, I was literally the only one having doubts already after 3-4 months and suggesting a loan deal could do a lot of good for his development and realization of his shortcomings as a player. Him playing video games is not a key issue, or an issue at all..
It’s more about symbolism than the practical aspect. Like I don’t care about what he does in his free time as long as he’s not Greenwooding things up. But the fact that he’s doing that during a big game is more a reflection of how far he and the him as a signing has fallen.

Also,

PLaying FIFA is already a punish hard enough.
:lol: Yes!

Darlington Padgett

Wasn't he late to practice for the national team and Dortmund because he stayed up late playing video games? If he's always arriving late now, we can assume something similar is happening.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He should be doing anything and everything possible to get back into the team but he's video gaming instead, January just can't come quick enough, get rid!

Hughes35

What is he meant to be doing just before kick off in a game he isn't selected for?

Really strange thing to have a go at him for.

Sarni

Wasn't he late to practice for the national team and Dortmund because he stayed up late playing video games? If he's always arriving late now, we can assume something similar is happening.
That's a far fetched assumption though, it was 7 pm and I'm not sure he's even training right now.

TsuWave

He should be doing anything and everything possible to get back into the team but he's video gaming instead, January just can't come quick enough, get rid!
Yeah 7pm when he’s not selected for the team and off the clock he should be running a triathlon

Rossa

There's the obvious ones like reading Shakespeare and doing volunteer work, as well as some gardening and creating biotopes for endangered insects. Anything below that would be a bit of a disappointment.

redcucumber

What interest can he show before kick off when he's at home?
Be at the stadium with his teammates and friends to support and cheer them on? Or has he been forcibly prohibited from being around the squad at all times? Would seem like an easy win to paint himself in a more positive light, to his manager, club, fans and the media/public.

fps

Be at the stadium with his teammates and friends to support and cheer them on? Or has he been forcibly prohibited from being around the squad at all times? Would seem like an easy win to paint himself in a more positive light, to his manager, club, fans and the media/public.
Exactly. He's a child. Unbelievable we've spent this much money on someone who isn't a world-beating talent and has to be bang at it to be anywhere near the standard for the PL. He's basically a lottery winner at this point, I don't see him doing anything much at any club.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
People saying it's ok as in his own time are missing the bigger picture. Sancho was accused of lack of effort/professionalism and he has 100% done this like a spoilt kid, I don't care, I'm happy playing my computer games, really pathetic. Play your games, but keep it off social media or however it works. Maybe he is doing a David 'Calamity' James on it, he admitted to lack of concentration and being tired during games due to playing computer games most of his spare time. By making it visible to the whole world, he is sticking two fingers up to the manager and club.

HookedOnAPhelan

Ten Hag confirming in the press conference that he still hasn't trained with the rest of the team, and that it's up to him whether he plays again for the club.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Even if Sancho apologised, he has no place in the team in my opinion. Should be sold and told in no uncertain terms that not a single penny of his contract will paid to him when he is leaving. He can choose to stay and piss away his career for money

Roboc7

It’s just a case of where he goes on loan in January, his career with Utd is effectively over and he has been such a flop and seems so unreliable that I couldn’t care less.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Even if Sancho apologised, he has no place in the team in my opinion. Should be sold and told in no uncertain terms that not a single penny of his contract will paid to him when he is leaving. He can choose to stay and piss away his career for money
Then what happens when you want to sign someone, but can’t because of FFP? I can’t see who benefits there, other than Sancho being paid £40- odd million over the next 3 years for doing nothing.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
If he refuses to apologise, reduce his wages for gross misconduct. Fine him the week wages until he gets back to training with the team. He really should have stayed in Germany, if only the media machine would have let him..

Hughes35

Tbh, yes. He's training separately from the squad so no way he'd be allowed around them on match day............... and players not in the playing squad usually wouldn't fly to Germany. Do Varane, DVB, Shaw, Malacia etc all have bad attitudes too because they stayed in the UK?

I'm not a fan of Sancho and do believe his attitude is bad. This situation isn't the ammunition to back up that argument though.

crossy1686

career ending
If he refuses to apologise, reduce his wages for gross misconduct. Fine him the week wages until he gets back to training with the team. He really should have stayed in Germany, if only the media machine would have let him..
By all rights he isn’t training and he won’t apologise so I don’t see how he can justifiably receive a wage at this point. If he’s still getting paid then players and PFA have too much power.