g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pickle85

The test will then come when he has to accept lower wages to move to a new club - hopefully United won't agree to paying him off (we probably will of course).
Pleased to see it myself but presumably this is a nothing source?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Pleased to see it myself but presumably this is a nothing source?
Probably, but obviously agents and the like have been known to brief even dodgy sources so difficult to be sure.

But if true then I'd want the club to use this to move him on without covering any salary once he leaves - clean break for everyone.

CatsOfUlthar

It we could ship him for 30 we should, he's not worth that.

Quote the price, if they say no then keep him on the bench until he goes for free.

I don't care for his attitude, I don't care for his play, I don't care for his rapidly changing standard.

He's another distinctly standard acquisition for far too much money. We're gonna have to release two thirds of the same dross for the same reason, may as well get something.

I think realistically this is just agents trying to sound drums for a discount. In which case they'll look for less than that.

Paddymcc

Selling him for cut price is bad for FFP, right?
His transfer fee is divided up over the length of his contract so any offer around 35m is roughly breaking even.

It's how Chelsea bent the rules to suit their model.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The test will then come when he has to accept lower wages to move to a new club - hopefully United won't agree to paying him off (we probably will of course).
What test? Just another year loan to BVB if UTD doesn't pay him off.

Rasmus_9

I highly doubt we’ve paid Dortmund all the money for his transfer to us. Therefore, financially it would be a much easier deal for them to do than other clubs. If we’ve paid half of the 70 million fee for example, then Dortmund would only need to stump up 15 million to get him back. Sancho would obviously need to take a huge pay cut too of course!

Lyng

Zero quotes to that tweet
If you look at Patrick Bergers twitter its right there. The more interesting bid was left out of this retweet though. That according to Berger there will be talks between United and Dortmund in the near future.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dortmund have spent over £30m once (Dembele). They won't be doing it on Sancho.

Marcus

Thanks for increasing your price with good performances for Dortmund. Don't let the door hit Rashford as you both leave together.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Salt levels seem to be subsiding.... I'm sure there will be a spike next good performance but this is better. The cafe was looking bitter as feck - RAWK level shit

WitchWithoutACat

but...he destroyed football last week. There will be a que round the block for him :wenger:
Right?! I mean he has a goals per minute ratio of less than Rashford this season and if you include assists the same.

There will obviously be a bidding war between all the massive clubs.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Fully expect him back in the fold at United if ten Hag is no longer the manager.

van Nistelrooy

Wouldn't want him back here even in the unlikely event of him apologising to EtH.

His professionalism is absolutely pathetic and not the type of person we want around the club.

Nickelodeon

Good luck finding a taker at that sort of money and a club he's willing to go to and take a pay cut.
If he wants to leave, he will have to make some sacrifices too. We will have to take a loss but it should be a reasonable one. No point in selling him off for 20 odd million. Rather keep him or loan him again.

Irwin99

"I'll continue to fight for the badge"

A few months later (allegedly): "Get me the feck out of that club. I'm not going back". :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If he wants to leave, he will have to make some sacrifices too. We will have to take a loss but it should be a reasonable one. No point in selling him off for 20 odd million. Rather keep him or loan him again.
Most likely option is that he goes out on loan again I'd say.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Dortmund have spent over £30m once (Dembele). They won't be doing it on Sancho.
It could happen. There deep run in the CL will have been good for the bank balance and even before that I read several reports about them being interested in permanently signing Maatsen from Chelsea who would be available for £35 million.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We simply cannot let such a mercurial, generational talent leave this club. These are the kind of players you need to retain to move on to the next level

surf

We simply cannot let such a mercurial, generational talent leave this club. These are the kind of players you need to retain to move on to the next level
Sancho needs to rehabilitate himself a while longer in a lower pressure environment like Dortmund rather than coming back here or going to the Euros with England. Otherwise it will all end in tears, again. Loan or sell.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
It could happen. There deep run in the CL will have been good for the bank balance and even before that I read several reports about them being interested in permanently signing Maatsen from Chelsea who would be available for £35 million.
Dortmund have no intention of buying him. They're blowing a load of smoke up his arse so he comes back believing his own hype. We'll try and flog him but no one will match the fee we'd want and his wage demands (if they match either), then late in the summer Dortmund will offer to pay part of his wages and take him on loan for another season.

CasaStreets

Joking, right?

Has been abysmal for us for years. First one out the door this summer for me, even if we have to subsidize his wages elsewhere (which we will). Insanely low-effort player - a complete calamity for the dressing room and team culture.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Dortmund have no intention of buying him. They're blowing a load of smoke up his arse so he comes back believing his own hype. We'll try and flog him but no one will match the fee we'd want and his wage demands (if they match either), then late in the summer Dortmund will offer to pay part of his wages and take him on loan for another season.
That's the script. Just see Lukaku as a perfect example.

MiceOnMeth

Only thing stopping him from being out worst transfer ever is if we recoup at least 30 million

Pughnichi

It baffles me when people latch on to a couple of good performances. Any pro football in top flight league is capable of playing a few brilliant games on the bounce

we should move on from Sancho. Sell him to whoever we can at the best price. If that’s 25M then so be it.

he’s had his chance. Not once did he manage a sustained period of decent form for us. Add his apparent and previously discussed attitude and time keeping, his time should be up at Utd

BorisManUtd

He played under Ole, Rangnick and ten Hag. 3 managers and he didn't impress under any of them. I remember he was good in 4-2 win at Leeds under Rangnick, then 4-1 win vs Chelsea last season. Perhaps there were more games but it's been mostly meh.

Don't watch Dortmund games, especially not in Bundesliga but so far in 12 games he's had 2 goals and 2 assists. Would like to hear from Dortmund or Bundesliga fan how has he done other than those G/A stats. In Champions League it seems like he's been good and especially vs PSG the other night. Hopefully that helps us sell him for decent fee as it doesn't look like he'll be coming back to Old Trafford.

lex talionis

We were a train wreck under all three managers. Who aside from Mainoo, man of maybe 25 starts at most — and Garnacho, I’ll grant you — can we say has not been consistently shit during most of their time on this squad under those three managers?