2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TheGame

It's 50/50 on Ten Hag and Sancho for me. It's clear Sancho is a diva, but as a Manager you have to work with them and get the best out of them. Instead he hit the nuke button because he lost patience.

Sancho going to Dortmund with a point to prove, watch him be excellent. He'll want to stick two fingers up at Ten Hag. He's that type of person.
It's hardly the fecking nuke button when he answered a question with 'he didn't train well'. Sancho hit the nuke button himself with his reaction.

Well he's been sticking two fingers at the fans since he sat at home and played video games for £350k a week so no changes there.

Giggsy13

Player power will exist regardless, and it should be evident why. Players are assets. If - and it is a big if - he does outlast Ten Hag here, it will hardly be the situation to point out to for "player power"

The manager made the decision, was backed by the club and is largely backed by fans, and the player was banished. If the next guy decides to give the player a chance (provided he does well on loan), that's hardly an indictment on the club in regards to player power.
I see that you've completely missed the last decade and the Woodward era.

TsuWave

If he lied, Sancho would have easily done another social media post about him not being injured and then everyone would have been on ETH's back for lying. He didn't say anything wrong, Sancho's reaction is what blew out of control.
This is fanfiction. You've concocted this scenario and are trying to pass it as true - when reality is we don't know it would have gone that way. Sancho took issue with the statements Ten Hag made.

Fact of the matter is Ten Hag opted to go publicly, and the player disagreed publicly. I've not said Ten Hag said "anything wrong" - I said I don't think it was "needed". And this was in the context of someone bringing Ferguson up and what he would have done to Sancho. Ferguson was in the habit of being hard on players behind close doors, but he was protective of them publicly.

Granted it isn't as though Sancho was lighting up trees, but it culminated in a situation in which a struggling manager was left with one less option, the player banished and the club saw a depreciating asset's value tank even further.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His reaction to ETH innocuous comment suggests he was already trying to find a way out.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's hardly the fecking nuke button when he answered a question with 'he didn't train well'. Sancho hit the nuke button himself with his reaction.

Well he's been sticking two fingers at the fans since he sat at home and played video games for £350k a week so no changes there.
It is the nuke button when he's phased him completely out of the team for months despite the team playing like utter shite. They both seem like man babies looking from the outside in.

Smores

His reaction was barely anything and if the club had decided to just have internal talks and move on no one would have thought twice about it. Plenty of reasons to get rid of Sancho but the hysterical reactions to it all are very amusing.

The idea that you can tell the press a player hasn't been training well and then demand the player in no way challenges that claim is daft. It's totally different to the Ronaldo situation where he openly criticised the club and other players.

TsuWave

Feck with this player power. Prove yourselves and then you can have that. It's not something because you have a contract worth 350k.
I don't even know what you're saying here.

I'm not saying player power is a good thing. I'm saying it is a thing because players are assets, and will always be a thing, but it can be managed/handled.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Want him to do well purely to raise his price and draw some interest. If this loan goes badly we’ll be left with a 300k a week player training with the reserves for another 2 years

Putting money aside what a fecking waster.
This. His attitude stinks and I'm thrilled he's gone. Nevertheless, I hope he gets a successful loan just so we can try and recoup some of the money we've wasted on him.
Typically, the second he performs well, the media will use it as another reason to slam Ten Hagg.

Rex Banner

I'm torn between wanting him to do well so we can get a decent fee for him in the Summer and wanting him to fail miserably.

Last edited:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
He really got a knack for diplomacy. What is this, trying to reignite the smoldering remains of the burnt bridges? :lol:
Aww, it's just a display of "echte Liebe". I mean just look at him, he's buzzing like Biene Maja

Where would football be without these heartwarming feelgood stories about a lost son finding his way back?

Shinjch

Does he mention winning at all in any of his comments, or is being able to assist with a smile all that matters to him?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't even know what you're saying here.

I'm not saying player power is a good thing. I'm saying it is a thing because players are assets, and will always be a thing, but it can be managed/handled.
I know you aren't supporting it but players are assets only if they start performing its a depreciating asset or bad investment

Gaidal

Will probably do well in the Bundesliga, they don't seem to even try defending there after all.

TheGame

His reaction was barely anything and if the club had decided to just have internal talks and move on no one would have thought twice about it. Plenty of reasons to get rid of Sancho but the hysterical reactions to it all are very amusing.

The idea that you can tell the press a player hasn't been training well and then demand the player in no way challenges that claim is daft. It's totally different to the Ronaldo situation where he openly criticised the club and other players.
When a player insinuates the manager is lying on social media that is hardly anything. The manager got asked a question and answered it. It's amazing how people want to have a go at ETH for this and want club standards to go up.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
When a player insinuates the manager is lying on social media that is hardly anything. The manager got asked a question and answered it. It's amazing how people want to have a go at ETH for this and want club standards to go up.
Well said. I will not get people taking Jason's side on this or using this particular issue as a reason to attack EtH. There are plenty of other reasons but this is not one of them.

GMoore23

He’s the English Juan Mata, and he simply doesn’t suit our style
Mata was brilliant for Chelsea and decent for us. Plus, he was a model professional and one of our most likeable players post Fergie.

Do not insult him comparing to this Cnut.

Abizzz

The thing is where has the club lived up to it's standards in the past 10 years? Agree that it has to start somewhere but the person who made the cut has hardly met the expected standard either since he arrived.

berbasloth4

This generation of footballers are nearly unbearable too many of them believe there own hype without actually doing anything in the game.

proof young players are getting too much too soon.

TheGame

This is fanfiction. You've concocted this scenario and are trying to pass it as true - when reality is we don't know it would have gone that way. Sancho took issue with the statements Ten Hag made.

Fact of the matter is Ten Hag opted to go publicly, and the player disagreed publicly. I've not said Ten Hag said "anything wrong" - I said I don't think it was "needed". And this was in the context of someone bringing Ferguson up and what he would have done to Sancho. Ferguson was in the habit of being hard on players behind close doors, but he was protective of them publicly.

Granted it isn't as though Sancho was lighting up trees, but it culminated in a situation in which a struggling manager was left with one less option, the player banished and the club saw a depreciating asset's value tank even further.
No I've told what could have happened. The fans would have got straight on his back for lying and he would have been called out for it. No one needs this kind of stuff but just because Sancho decided to act like a man baby, it isn't ETH's fault.

TheGame

The thing is where has the club lived up to it's standards in the past 10 years? Agree that it has to start somewhere but the person who made the cut has hardly met the expected standard either since he arrived.
It hasn't but you are right, it has to start somewhere. The performance of some of the current players hasn't been good enough but that's different from being an unprofessional like Sancho.

berbasloth4

He’s the English Juan Mata, and he simply doesn’t suit our style
you owe juan mata and apology. Mata was a model professional who has actually achieved great things in the game. Busy his balls and actually gave a feck about us and the club.

I know you just meant playing style but it’s still nearly blasphemy

TheGame

It is the nuke button when he's phased him completely out of the team for months despite the team playing like utter shite. They both seem like man babies looking from the outside in.
There's a difference between poor performances and being unprofessional. WTF has Sancho been doing in the 3 years he's been to show he would have made a difference anyway?

Big Andy

Bloke
This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion by everyone involved (other than Erik). He was asked why he hadn't been picked, and he said "On his performance on training, we didn't select him. You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line so in this game he wasn't selected."

Now to me, that's nothing bad there, if you don't perform in training then you don't get picked. Simple as that. You can perform like prime Pele in training and still not get picked.

Quite why Sancho decided to come out on Social Media and make out like he'd shat on his mum or something. To come out and say there are other reasons (what other reasons are there?) and he's a "scapegoat" show how much of a fanny he is. If you don't get picked, you have to step up, even if you don't think you deserve to be dropped, you go into training with something to prove, not refuse to apologise for releasing a statement against the manager effectively calling him a liar.

The lad is a weapons grade cnut. feck off

Ronaldo's Love Child

Which is why ETH is a high profile manager and you and me are sat on our arses typing away on an internet message board. ETH is paid to make those decisions. Perhaps ETH tried the "arm around the shoulder". Perhaps he tried to "protect" the player from public criticism. Perhaps he tried to get other staff to "connect" with Sancho. Maybe all of those things didn't work and ETH decided that he had to go public to maybe light a fire under Sancho's ass (that didn't work either).

Sancho has history, even at Dortmund.

TheGame

This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion by everyone involved (other than Erik). He was asked why he hadn't been picked, and he said "On his performance on training, we didn't select him. You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line so in this game he wasn't selected."

Now to me, that's nothing bad there, if you don't perform in training then you don't get picked. Simple as that. You can perform like prime Pele in training and still not get picked.

Quite why Sancho decided to come out on Social Media and make out like he'd shat on his mum or something. To come out and say there are other reasons (what other reasons are there?) and he's a "scapegoat" show how much of a fanny he is. If you don't get picked, you have to step up, even if you don't think you deserve to be dropped, you go into training with something to prove, not refuse to apologise for releasing a statement against the manager effectively calling him a liar.

Exactly this 100%, nothing wrong with the comment and now he's used the situation to get a move away completing ignoring the failure he has been during the rest of his time here.

chocolate cloud

He has zero tact and is absolutely idiotic. Please god we get rid of the overrated bellend in the summer. I remember watching him in the Euros in the QF vs Ukraine and thinking he looked absolutely toothless and saw the exact same at Man Utd.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hope he does exceptionally well on loan.

So that they'll - maybe - consider buying him back for a half-decent fee. I mean, who knows, maybe they won't screw us over too badly. Again.

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s beyond grim that he and perhaps even the club are keeping their powder dry on the basis that he’ll outlast the manager.

FrantikChicken

Completely agree.

also ETH’s last sentence states that he had options, and others hit a higher level that week than Sancho did. You can still be training professionally and getting outperformed by your teammates, that’s why clubs like to have competition for each position.