Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He'll start slow, naturally because he hasn't played for sometime, but he'll eventually reach some good form.
I don't know what BVB are like financially, nor do I know of their long term transfer plans but, if he does well and he's settled (again) I think the potential of a permanent transfer would still be up in the air. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a season long loan next year.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That’s sure one way of looking at it and putting zero responsibility on Sancho himself.

How did EtH “throw him under the bus” in public? It really was a throwaway comment where he said Sancho wasn’t in the squad because someone else deserved it because they trained better. EtH basically told the entire world why rashford was dropped (disciplinary reasons for being late), as an example. Did he also throw rashford under the bus? And how did rashford respond?

I also like how you’ve also basically just said that EtH giving Sancho paid time off didn’t really help Sancho. Like a manager going out of their way to try and help one of the highest paid members of his squad 3 months off….to get his head right. That’s not normal in this industry. Also, EtH and this coaching staff aren’t the only United manager who’s struggled to get the best out of Sancho.

I agree that we should “optimise” the environment for all our players. Advanced medicine, training facilities, nutrition…heck get them a laundry room and do their laundry - take some chores away from them so that they can focus on football. But when people say this about Sancho, they’re actually talking about “hire someone to go wake him up on time, let him play fifa as late as he wants, demand less from him during training & during matches - let him play and have fun”. That’s absolutely bobbins when you think about it. Imagine pandering that insanely to one players needs….you're just opening the door for every player to come with a list of demands. He’s an adult. He’s in a profession where he’s needed to be at his peak to perform - that means rest, training hard, be a committed professional. He gets paid an absolute fortune to deliver on these.

There’s a lot to criticise EtH for, heck it’s probably reasonable to even want him out. But to ask our players to have discipline and put in a maximise amount of effort is the very least we should expect from them. And I’ll support him on that count.

There’s a few reasons we’ve fallen this far behind the top clubs post SAF - and indulging overpaid players with these kinds of attitudes, is right up there. Alas, I’ve already expended way too much energy in this thread. Wishing it goes well for him over there and we manage to sell him for a decent enough fee.
Hear hear

Laurencio

He'll start slow, naturally because he hasn't played for sometime, but he'll eventually reach some good form.
I don't know what BVB are like financially, nor do I know of their long term transfer plans but, if he does well and he's settled (again) I think the potential of a permanent transfer would still be up in the air. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a season long loan next year.
Dortmund does love bringing players back. Could even be free with them just writing off what we owe them (*dream*)

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
The idea that you can tell the press a player hasn't been training well and then demand the player in no way challenges that claim is daft. It's totally different to the Ronaldo situation where he openly criticised the club and other players.
It's not uncommon that players are mentioned in a somewhat negative way in public by the manager, far from it. Players challenging it in public however is extremely rare, for obvious reasons..Players are expected to accept it and get on with it, no matter how much they disagree with the reasoning, which is what they normally do, they fall in line and accept that their managers word is law and then they get on with it. Just snubbing a managers hand when coming off as a substitute, or heading straight into the dressing room instead of sitting down on the bench, is a no no that needs to be dealt with, as it can easily be seen as the player challenging the manager. It's not an open invitation..

There's also the bit about being professional and having enough self awareness to see where you are and what your role actually is. Even if the player is right, he is actually being treated unfairly, it's still nothing new and especially not at a football club. Plenty of times you have managers signing someone, they get sacked and whoever comes in next doesn't want that player. It's a way of life and they get on with it. Sancho going public and claiming he's a scapegoat and the manager is lying about his reasons also reflects negative on Sancho's character, and it's a pretty clear way of challenging the authority of the manager and as a manager you can't tolerate that in any way. I doubt anyone at the club would've been bothered if Sancho had stuck to disagreeing with the reasoning and then made a generic statement about how he will continue to prove himself for the manager and be available for when he's needed.

Common sense and a bit of professionalism and Sancho just gets on with it, he can consider his options towards the summer if the manager is still at the club and that's it. No problems for him, no problems for the club, no problems finding a new club. He can open up about his troubles in an interview later on, like most other players do. I just don't understand why anyone wants characters like this at the club. He's an extremely expensive player, both in terms of wages and the transfer fee, yet he's failed to deliver even close to expectations and at the same time he's gaming online into the early hours of the morning and struggles with his discipline. He'll be 24 in a few months, age isn't an excuse any longer.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Yet they didn't ship him out. By all accounts they were annoyed with how he left, yet they were obviously not going to cater to all his wishes in order to make him stay as that would be an open invitation for other players to do the same.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He's probably better suited for the Bundesliga or even La Liga. If he has an amazing six months you have to sell and not even think about the possibility of reintegrating him back in the squad.

lex talionis

The possibility that Sancho returns to Old Trafford after tearing up the Bundesliga can't be ruled out. There's a good chance ten Hag will be sacked at the end of the season and that the new manager will want to give Sancho a chance at least in pre-season to see what he's got. But a decision on Sancho will hinge on how Rashford and Antony perform in the second half of the season.

90 + 5min

The possibility that Sancho returns to Old Trafford after tearing up the Bundesliga can't be ruled out. There's a good chance ten Hag will be sacked at the end of the season and that the new manager will want to give Sancho a chance at least in pre-season to see what he's got. But a decision on Sancho will hinge on how Rashford and Antony perform in the second half of the season.
This has nothing to do with tenHag. He should never be allowed to return. His character is nowhere near what it should be playing for us. Unfortunately, club has accepted instagramers and tiktokers to play for the club before. Those players don't play for clubs. They play to boost their own brands and names.

lex talionis

I wouldn’t say it’s equal, he’s been better on the left than the right and allegedly says himself he doesn’t want to play on the right. This transfer was just a catalogue of mistakes
It does seem as though every winger these days wants to be an inverted winger to gloss up their goal tally so I don't dispute what Sancho wants, but he actually looked undefendable from both the left and the right in his days with Dortmund. Perhaps the stats tell a different story. But at his peak at Dortmund he was terrifying for left fullbacks no less than right fullbacks to deal with.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Would usually be sorry to see a player like Sancho leave, he’s talented and on a good day he can be exciting and good to watch…but when are those days? And the way he’s acted in this situation, what a cock, even if you don’t agree…you’ve not done nothing wrong for the manager to feel that way. Take it on the chin and show him…but no. Not this guy. He’ll have another three months off at full pay then skulk off back to Dortmund. Fraud.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Hopefully he never comes back.
Hopefully does well for Dortmund so they buy him and fingers crossed we are not stupid enough to bring him back.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Rule number one: Don't throw your players under the bus at press conferences. Jadon played here for 2 years. Did ETH "giving" him time off really help him? Did it (It was pretty controversal)? There are many factors playing to why he didn't hit Dortmund form here, but there's no doubt he has a massive ceiling and there's many doubts our manager/staff could have manged ehim a lot better.
We should expect that he would need some time to adapt when he came here, but we should be asking why he didn't perform at the same level here that he did in Germany. We should have done everything in our power to make him fit in and optimize the the einvironment around him to get the best out of him (As we should with every player/asset we have invested in).

It'll be very interesting to see if Dortmund manages to get him back in form, because it'll also tell us a lot about our own management/coaching staff.
How did he throw him under the bus at PCs? Asked a question (again and again) and answered it.

If Sancho didn’t want Ten Hag “giving” him time off, he could have said no, he could have said he didn’t need extra training support and proved Ten Hag wrong. OR he could have taken the time off and waived part/all his wages. He didn’t.

Theres every doubt he has a high ceiling. Every. Doing ok in the Bundseliga with a giant robot pulling defenders all over the place and finishing even his half chance passes is a false impression of his real ability in a MUCH tougher league (and more fool us too).

Not sure why he needs to adapt… he’s played in this country before?

I hope he smashes it… then we can sell him for more.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It does seem as though every winger these days wants to be an inverted winger to gloss up their goal tally so I don't dispute what Sancho wants, but he actually looked undefendable from both the left and the right in his days with Dortmund. Perhaps the stats tell a different story. But at his peak at Dortmund he was terrifying for left fullbacks no less than right fullbacks to deal with.
I think it’s more a case of be careful what you buy from the German leagues

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Theres every doubt he has a high ceiling. Every. Doing ok in the Bundseliga with a giant robot pulling defenders all over the place and finishing even his half chance passes is a false impression of his real ability in a MUCH tougher league (and more fool us too).
That's a vast understatement of Sancho's performances in the Bundesliga (in which he IMO outperformed the 'giant robot pulling defenders all over the place during the time they both played for Dortmund) and I'm also not sure there needs to be a 'much' in the last sentence, let alone a capitalized one.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That's a vast understatement of Sancho's performances in the Bundesliga (in which he IMO outperformed the 'giant robot pulling defenders all over the place during the time they both played for Dortmund) and I'm also not sure there needs to be a 'much' in the last sentence, let alone a capitalized one.
It’s all opinions?

I‘m glad you’re top… if it stops Bayern. That’s as much as you’re going to get from me :)

mancsarered

The prat was late for his medical and then kissing the badge on Day 1 of a loan :lol: ffs

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I have a feeling they will not buy him in summer. Will be another saga of a player we cannot sell
Putting players on insane money makes them virtually unsaleable. Very few clubs can afford to pay 250 - 300 thousand a week ..

lex talionis

I think it’s more a case of be careful what you buy from the German leagues
United definitely have had bad luck with acquisitions from Dortmund, but during the post-Ferguson era haven't we turned every one of our new players into shit once we brought them in? I'm trying to think of a single example of a player who actually improved once he arrived at Old Trafford and it's a struggle. Look at what we've already done to Onana, who by most accounts was outstanding for Inter -- or at least had that one outstanding performance v City in the CL Final. Possibly Bruno, but since I didn't watch him at Sporting I really can't say. But what I can say is that after a strong start at OT Bruno has regressed, although not as steeply as players like Antony and Sancho.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
People talk about giving him the right environment etc., but the difference in top level sport is about that last 2-3%. It comes down to a balance of attitude and talent.

When you look at Sancho’s numbers at United and Dortmund, they follow about the same pattern as Weghorst. Weghorst is a player who across his career averages 0.63 goal contributions per game in the BL but 0.16 in the PL. His attitude and work rate were top notch in both, the problem being he was just lacking that 2-3% difference to make the step up. There are loads of reports of Sancho’s indiscipline in Dortmund, those red flags were there before he signed, including his weight and fitness at the start of seasons, but he could get away with it in a league where that ever so slight drop, 2-3% in quality, means his talent is enough to produce great numbers.

So I won’t be surprised if he does excel back in Germany, but he never will in England, because he just doesn’t have a top end mentality. He has the ability but not the mentality. It’ll mean nothing if he goes back to Dortmund and starts producing great numbers, all it’ll do is increase his sale value, which is good for us. It’s no indication of his mistreatment at United or a problem with the club. It’s more a problem with recruitment. We never should’ve signed him for so much in the first place.

This isn’t me saying there aren’t problems at the club or we have the right manager, so please don’t read that into it. I’m just talking about the excuses made for this player by some.