Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think for this summer 150 wouldn't be enough. They don't want and don't need to sell him now, he still has some years left on his contract. Would have to be an astrocious sum (200+?) to change their mind.
Yeah that's the worry. United need a right winger to make the step up so we need to do it this window but it might not time out right with Sancho as I do think he'll stay longer. Might stay for more than just next year anyway, people assume he'll come to the prem because hes English... But you know there will be constant talk over him until he does leave.

Ole90+3

What a player. Everytime he gets the ball on the break you trust they'll score. Surely he'll end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona.

City spend 100s of million on building one of the world's best youth facilities. Produce one of the best young talents in football and then let him leave on a free. Priceless :lol:

Mick321

He's so good he may just skip here and go straight to Spain, he's obviously not afraid to go abroad as shown with this move. Tbh I'd probably take that, the thought of City or Liverpool getting him is horrible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think for this summer 150 wouldn't be enough. They don't want and don't need to sell him now, he still has some years left on his contract. Would have to be an astrocious sum (200+?) to change their mind.
Something like 160 would surely make them at least think. He's absurdly talented.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's so good he may just skip here and go straight to Spain, he's obviously not afraid to go abroad as shown with this move. Tbh I'd probably take that, the thought of City or Liverpool getting him is horrible.
He won't go back to City while Pep is there. I don't think Liverpool could afford him tbh.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He won't go back to City while Pep is there. I don't think Liverpool could afford him tbh.
Plus Sterling and Sane and Mahrez are young and offer stiff competition.

Are Liverpool struggling for funds? They splurged on a keeper and defender last year, why wouldn't they be able to splash again for a top winger?

RoyH1

I think we’re in a very good position for him. Real and Barsa are renovating their stadiums and will struggle with liquidity the next 3,4 years. Bayern won’t pay 9 figures for a player and we can outspend anyone else in the Premiership. Only wild card is of course PSG and it’s Qatari backers.

marktan

£200m is Neymar money, Sancho's good but he's not that good, and there aren't many PSG's floating around to spend that.

£150m is higher than Coutinho money, which itself was due to the Neymar money.

Realistically I don't think there's any teams around that can afford to spend £150m on a single player any more, that's more than most clubs spend in a summer (including us). £100m is closer to Dembele money which Dortmund sold at, but of course Dortmund don't need to sell which would be the stumbling block. But Sancho has downed tools at City before, so we could see a repeat of the Dembele saga.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
What a player. Everytime he gets the ball on the break you trust they'll score. Surely he'll end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona.

City spend 100s of million on building one of the world's best youth facilities. Produce one of the best young talents in football and then let him leave on a free. Priceless :lol:
He didn't leave on a free and we get 20% of any sell on

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He didn't leave on a free and we get 20% of any sell on
It's still utterly stupid. How do you miss this kind of elite level talent? He's likely going to end up moving for over 100 mill at least but instead you sign the likes of Mahrez rather than giving someone like Sancho chances.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
£100m is now "please don't let the door hit you on the way out." money.

No chance you can get him for anything in that ball park. As I said before, his worth is just going to rise exponentially if he keeps on like this.

Can't wait for the Dortmund vs Spurs games!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He will probably end up at Madrid as part of their rebuild, joining Hazard and a bargain out of contract Eriksen.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

No chance you can get him for anything in that ball park. As I said before, his worth is just going to rise exponentially if he keeps on like this.

Ergh, I'm not really looking forward to this ... with our full strength I was very confident we could do damage to that Dortmund defence, but with Kane and Alli out for the first leg we could suffer, and this guy looks like a serious handful.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ergh, I'm not really looking forward to this ... with our full strength I was very confident we could do damage to that Dortmund defence, but with Kane and Alli out for the first leg we could suffer, and this guy looks like a serious handful.
I'll be honest and say it's more for what he does to you lot than for the spectacle of a great overall game. Just want to see how he is on such a massive pitch against a paced PL team. Although, coming through in England, I doubt any of it will be a surprise to him.

If he does well, the cat will well and truly be out of the bag with him in terms of national, and global, exposure and you can bet his profile will be raised to an astronomical level, which is a pity in regard to trying to buy him, but also a curiosity to see how he handles the newfound fame.

BlackBen

I was wondering if Dortmund would accept a £65mil plus Lukaku deal. This kid is the future and i would be absolutely devastated if we don't end up signing him because he's exactly what we need. A front three of him,Martial and Rashford would be unstoppable. Woody please make it happen.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'll be honest and say it's more for what he does to you lot than for the spectacle of a great overall game. Just want to see how he is on such a massive pitch against a paced PL team. Although, coming through in England, I doubt any of it will be a surprise to him.

If he does well, the cat will well and truly be out of the bag with him in terms of national, and global, exposure and you can bet his profile will be raised to an astronomical level, which is a pity in regard to trying to buy him, but also a curiosity to see how he handles the newfound fame.
We're defensively pretty good but can sometimes struggle with a player like Sancho who has pace and the agility to jink in and out, the likes of Sane and Zaha have taken us on a merry dance on a couple of occasions.

Bundesliga is pretty fast paced anyway, isn't it? From what I have seen in the past anyhow, more similar to England than some other leagues. I don't think he'll struggle with that, I think the only issue may be at Wembley if we're able to pin Dortmund back and press them to death, in that scenario I imagine he won't see enough of the ball to make a serious impact.

Far easier said than done of course and Dortmund seem like a side who would be pretty adept at playing through the press, could also mean that Sancho gets space to run in to on the break. On one hand I am also excited to see him play because he's a young English talent ripping it up abroad, but obviously I'd prefer he has two quiet games.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I was wondering if Dortmund would accept a £65mil plus Lukaku deal. This kid is the future and i would be absolutely devastated if we don't end up signing him because he's exactly what we need. A front three of him,Martial and Rashford would be unstoppable. Woody please make it happen.
I don't think Lukaku would suit the way Dortmund want to play whatsoever. They're very quick and nimble going forward with some lovely exchanges of passes and lots of great movement. Someone who has watched them more may be able to prove me wrong on that (I've only seen them a few times this season) but that's the impression I get from them.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This guy is the real deal, would cost in excess of £100m in today's market.

Makalu

He will probably end up at Madrid as part of their rebuild, joining Hazard and a bargain out of contract Eriksen.
I don't get this. Except for Bale (cheers Levy), when have Real/Barca been successful in taking the best of British talent? Yes, for young players from Latin-America or the Med I get and accept that they will always have more of a lure but what English kid grows up dreaming of playing for Madrid? Especially now when La Liga isn't what it was with Ronaldo leaving, and Messi on the decline, and the money and managerial talent coming to England. Yes Sancho isn't afraid to play abroad, but playing time is clearly what he left for.

We should be more worried about Liverpool signing him, they would be frightening with him on their right. As we would be.

marktan

So how much does he go for if not £100m? And who can afford him? Only 2 clubs have spent more than that on transfers and all 4 of those transfers were to do with funds that came from PSG.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't get this. Except for Bale (cheers Levy), when have Real/Barca been successful in taking the best of British talent? Yes, for young players from Latin-America or the Med I get and accept that they will always have more of a lure but what English kid grows up dreaming of playing for Madrid? Especially now when La Liga isn't what it was with Ronaldo leaving, and Messi on the decline, and the money and managerial talent coming to England. Yes Sancho isn't afraid to play abroad, but playing time is clearly what he left for.

We should be more worried about Liverpool signing him, they would be frightening with him on their right. As we would be.
When their cycle of spending comes (and it's due right now),Real will just buy the best talent full stop. They went in for Kroos (Bundasliga) and Modric (Premier League) despite them not being Latin American. They have to be a potential world beater, or an established world beater and if they can monetize a brand from them then even better. Sancho ticks every box they would be looking for and the perfect balance on the right wing if they bring in Hazard.

Liverpool won't be able to afford Sancho. He looks like he's loving his taste of football abroad so I really don't see him refusing an inevitable Real interest.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So how much does he go for if not £100m? And who can afford him? Only 2 clubs have spent more than that on transfers and all 4 of those transfers were to do with funds that came from PSG.
Dembele went for £135m so I'm guessing nothing below £150m?

mav_9me

150m at least. And I would spend it on him. We have to realize we are buying years of a sensational talent for the RW. Similar to Rooney and Rio.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't really care about him. It's the Bundesliga. Some of you are in full wishful thinking mode.

BlackBen

I don't think Lukaku would suit the way Dortmund want to play whatsoever. They're very quick and nimble going forward with some lovely exchanges of passes and lots of great movement. Someone who has watched them more may be able to prove me wrong on that (I've only seen them a few times this season) but that's the impression I get from them.
Well you may be right. I was thinking he might do well over there based on the success of Batshuayi during his time there but thinking more about it now, Batshuayi has a better touch than Lukaku and Lukaku might struggle with that type of slick one touch football Dortmund play, which is what we're trying to play ourselves.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They sold Dembele for a potential 100 + 40m. It's going to take 140 as a guaranteed amount to have a chance of signing him. As for this summer, I can't see him going anywhere.

AgentP

------------------------------DDG
Wan Bissaka Lindelöf Koulibaly Shaw
-----------------------------Neves
---------------------Herrera - Pogba
-----------------------------Sancho
-------------------Rashford - Martial

OGS as the manager with the same staff.

If we could pull this off. It would be just wow.

Give Shaw one more year to improve and start to find a replacement for Herrera in 1-2 years. This team can fight for both PL and CL.
Team looks amazing but how much would this cost? I don't think we can spend that much.

Sancho 120m
Koulibaly 90m
Neves 70m
Wan Bissaka 40m

That would be 320m euros. Even if we sell Lukaku and Sanchez and other deadwood, we won't get more than 100m back. That would still leave us with 220m euro net.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
When their cycle of spending comes (and it's due right now),Real will just buy the best talent full stop. They went in for Kroos (Bundasliga) and Modric (Premier League) despite them not being Latin American. They have to be a potential world beater, or an established world beater and if they can monetize a brand from them then even better. Sancho ticks every box they would be looking for and the perfect balance on the right wing if they bring in Hazard.

Liverpool won't be able to afford Sancho. He looks like he's loving his taste of football abroad so I really don't see him refusing an inevitable Real interest.

Unless they sell Salah, perhaps?

Salah to Madrid, Sancho to Liverpool could be possible.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Don't really care about him. It's the Bundesliga. Some of you are in full wishful thinking mode.

You say that like it's not one of the best leagues in the world. I think it's a notch below the Prem but the gap isn't that wide at all, it's a very competitive league and what he is doing there is exceptional.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Don't think he'll cost more than Dembélé. The latter was the best Dortmund player before he left, Sancho has been brilliant but he isn't even their best attacker currently, plus Dembélé's fee was a bit too high because of the Neymar money. The only thing that'd make him cost as much is because he is English.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Unless they sell Salah, perhaps?

Salah to Madrid, Sancho to Liverpool could be possible.
I don't see them flogging Salah, who seemingly has no desire to leave. I'm sure they would want to avoid setting precedents on wage structures too.

Can see Real preferring Sancho anyway for long term planning.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Watzke (Dortmund President) has already stated that they will not accept another player forcing his exit like Dembele/Aubameyang. So actually Dortmund has all cards in them hand. Furthermore it seems that Reus plays also his captains role very well and being a role model for the younger ones and in his shadow they can grow.
I'd say that in summer 20/21 Sancho will leave anywhere he wants for a price which will be closer to Neymar then to Pogba!

Reactions: Fortitude

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Watzke (Dortmund President) has already stated that they will not accept another player forcing his exit like Dembele/Aubameyang. So actually Dortmund has all cards in them hand. Furthermore it seems that Reus plays also his captains role very well and being a role model for the younger ones and in his shadow they can grow.
I'd say that in summer 20/21 Sancho will leave anywhere he wants for a price which will be closer to Neymar then to Pogba!
Yeah he may well move the year after next - but it won't be for a Neymar fee.. his contract is up in 2022 isn't it? So a final year of contract will make it far easier for clubs to negotiate with Dortmund for a better price.

Unless there's a bidding war I guess.. which there probably will be! PSG love a bit of that.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
I don't see them flogging Salah, who seemingly has no desire to leave. I'm sure they would want to avoid setting precedents on wage structures too.

Can see Real preferring Sancho anyway for long term planning.
Wasn't there a rumour about Mane?

Realistically I'd say Sancho wouldn't go to Liverpool. Barca/Real/City/Paris/Utd. seems more likely

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Yeah he may well move the year after next - but it won't be for a Neymar fee.. his contract is up in 2022 isn't it? So a final year of contract will make it far easier for clubs to negotiate with Dortmund for a better price.

Unless there's a bidding war I guess.. which there probably will be! PSG love a bit of that.
Doesn't Hazard also have a year contract? I read sth about 115 mio. And I think Dortmund Bosses are already working to extend the contract to get the big money going.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We're defensively pretty good but can sometimes struggle with a player like Sancho who has pace and the agility to jink in and out, the likes of Sane and Zaha have taken us on a merry dance on a couple of occasions.

Bundesliga is pretty fast paced anyway, isn't it? From what I have seen in the past anyhow, more similar to England than some other leagues. I don't think he'll struggle with that, I think the only issue may be at Wembley if we're able to pin Dortmund back and press them to death, in that scenario I imagine he won't see enough of the ball to make a serious impact.

Far easier said than done of course and Dortmund seem like a side who would be pretty adept at playing through the press, could also mean that Sancho gets space to run in to on the break. On one hand I am also excited to see him play because he's a young English talent ripping it up abroad, but obviously I'd prefer he has two quiet games.
I'm actually hoping you make life as difficult as humanly possible for him to see if he can doddle through it as that would put him onto another level in more ways than one. I don't think the press will be any issue for him, personally, but seeing is believing and it would be a testament to his ability and pedigree at such an age to take it in his stride.

It's not about the pace of the Bundesliga, but the 'at all costs' physicality we have in the PL that tries to make life as hard as possible for tricky, talented players. The likes of Silva (both of them), Hazard, Martial stroll through it with ease, so one would expect Sancho to do so, too.

From the gaming POV, it'll give us an idea of how many bodies he can draw, how Pochettino intends to stop him, and we'll get to see how much space he frees up for others in the process, and whether he can get them into the game via that even if he is hemmed in.

It's my second most anticipated tie of the round after our own. Will definitely be watching it with full focus.
You have to consider the cycle of when the very best players become available and not just what is happening on a season by season basis. Clubs will find the funds for the appropriate talent - if Pogba, Neymar, Kane or the like were available this summer, you would see the scramble for them, well, not Neymar, because everyone knows his next move is Madrid, but the other two would start a bidding war unless they had a designated club in mind. Sancho is moving rapidly along, Dortmund have no need to sell, he's only 18, he's improving as the season progresses £100m isn't going to get him anymore. There's a link somewhere in this thread from Novemberish(?) and £100m was stated then, he's done a hell of a lot since then to increase his worth and is showing no signs of abating. Dortmund would actually be idiots to sell at £100m as they're sitting on an asset who is going to be worth quite a bit more than that. In fact, from their perspective, post Euros is the time to sell and in the interim, a club looking to buy is going to have to compensate for that by getting him early. The sum is going to be huge.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
£200m is Neymar money, Sancho's good but he's not that good, and there aren't many PSG's floating around to spend that.

£150m is higher than Coutinho money, which itself was due to the Neymar money.

Realistically I don't think there's any teams around that can afford to spend £150m on a single player any more, that's more than most clubs spend in a summer (including us). £100m is closer to Dembele money which Dortmund sold at, but of course Dortmund don't need to sell which would be the stumbling block. But Sancho has downed tools at City before, so we could see a repeat of the Dembele saga.
First of all, Neymar was a released by a clause. Barca wouldn't have sold him for that money. Also, Dortmund does not want to sell. They don't sell their best talent, if they don't have to. They want to get at least one or two more years out of him. They said already that he will play for them next season. Why wouldn't he? If he keeps developing like that, they have a strong player playing for them for a longer time while he is getting even more expensive for other clubs as the competition will raise. So it makes absolutely 0 sense for them to sell this summer.