Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

meamth

He was shyte last night, overrated because he is english.

Dortmund should offload him before he lost his value.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The last match reiterated what many other regular Dortmund watchers have said about Sancho and Dortmund in general, their offense runs completely through Reus. Reus is the one who carries this team, Sancho hasn't been that player and won't be as long as Reus is there and healthy; he's a great support player to Reus but Reus' intelligence and movement is what creates the offensive cohesion we've seen this season.
As he improves at Dortmund, he will surpass Reus for sure. Only experience really separates them. At United, even with potential fulfilled, he may not surpass Pogba or Rashford for example.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think it's worth while waiting until Mason Greenwood has a go at establishing himself before splashing in excess of 100 million on him! He has similar potential in my opinion
We’re allowed more than one very promising young player. They don’t play in the same position.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
How would that be sensible? He clearly has the ability to start for United and will be paid possibly even 4-5x as much.

He will have to force it like Dembele.

I am quite certain we can get him if we make a hardback push this summer.

I don't think he has the ability to start for United yet, he definitely has the talent but would struggle in a 38 game season, once he's developed he'll be a fine player but I don't think he could cut it at a top 6 team for a full season just yet.

Playing a 34 game season with added bonus of Champions League is IMO far better for his development, I don't think he would play that many games for United yet.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This forum at times makes me chuckle. He's utterly class, there's a reason why Rio was practically having an orgasm at half time analysing his moves. He's a terrific footballer. Whoever ends up getting him post Dortmund will have a world class player for years, he'll end up in the very top bracket.

Mick321

Getting praised, must sign first half, then overrated and Dortmund is all Reus second half. This forum is absolutely mental at times and that's not even including the referee conspiracies, managers bending over for other teams talk. Judgements on players seem to change not even by a game by game basis which is bad enough but minute by minute :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This forum at times makes me chuckle. He's utterly class, there's a reason why Rio was practically having an orgasm at half time analysing his moves. He's a terrific footballer. Whoever ends up getting him post Dortmund will have a world class player for years, he'll end up in the very top bracket.
Haven't read last few pages, did anyone say he isn't class player?

From the little I have seen, he looks very matured player for his age.

ArjenIsM3

:D Yeah, forgot we are in game by game rating mode. Somehow switched to 45 mins to 45 mins rating mode.
Obviously if you play bad for a half you're not United material. Let alone if you don't show up for an entire match. That means you're Championship quality at best.

Never change Caf

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
As he improves at Dortmund, he will surpass Reus for sure. Only experience really separates them. At United, even with potential fulfilled, he may not surpass Pogba or Rashford for example.
He's got a long way to go before surpassing Reus. Though I guess with the passing years Reus will get older so he might decline then.

Dortmund though have a number of highly talented youngsters who can improve in the future with Sancho. Who knows what they might acheive if they stay together, Dortmund also have a lot of cash coming through with the sale of Pulisic so lets see how they spend it.

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If anyone doesn't want to sign him off the back of that game, well, what can you say?

Tactical adjustments he doesn't have a hand in or control over and defensive frailties are just not pressing issues and are in no way off-putting, as far as I'm concerned.

The base level of talent he displays is worth it's weight in gold. Even if he's not ready to dominate for the team he joins, it doesn't detract from his quality, and just like Dembele gets at Barcelona or Mbappe gets at PSG, he should be protected and under the wing of more dominant and experienced players.

Nobody says a word whilst Messi, Suarez, Busquets and co do their thing and enable others to do theirs, or where Neymar, Cavani, Verratti and so forth do theirs and let Mbappe do his, so why is there suddenly some specific prerequisite for a Sancho going on to another team?

As great as both the aforementioned talents are, they aren't the star at their club and neither one of them has a remit outside of contributing their bit; the exact same should follow suit for Sancho, and it's up to (in this instance) United to supplement a player like Sancho with proven quality like Pogba and players of that calibre to help the younger one grow and aid the more experienced.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People saying he let Verthongen go...

Tottenham played a 3-5-2, the fullback should be handling Verthongen. Hakimi did a poor job on both goals.

Tottenham had 3 at the back against Dortmunds 3 attackers.

In Rainbows

I don't think he has the ability to start for United yet, he definitely has the talent but would struggle in a 38 game season, once he's developed he'll be a fine player but I don't think he could cut it at a top 6 team for a full season just yet.

Playing a 34 game season with added bonus of Champions League is IMO far better for his development, I don't think he would play that many games for United yet.
United have nothing on the right wing. He would absolutely start at United.

The Purley King

If anyone believes the Sun this morning we’ve made enquiries at around the £70m mark.
Had it been £100m quoted I might have got excited

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Genuinely can’t tell if people calling him overrated are being serious

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
As great as I think he is, I genuinely think he'd benefit from at least 1 more season at Dortmund. He's first choice in his position there and the spotlight is nowhere near as big.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As great as I think he is, I genuinely think he'd benefit from at least 1 more season at Dortmund. He's first choice in his position there and the spotlight is nowhere near as big.
He's taking a huge risk if he moves this summer. 1 more year in Germany should give a better idea of his talent level.
That said I'd be delighted if we sign him this summer but I can't see it. Everything I've read about him suggests he has sensible people around him and I can't imagine they would be advising him to move now.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah that 100% makes the most sense. If he can push on again next season he'll have his pick of clubs to sign for so no rush for him to decide. He's seen now how much he has developed with regular football, so the chance of him risking losing that is slim to none.

Alabaster Codify7

I see no way in hell we're going for him if I'm honest. He'd cost 50% of our budget no doubt, too much work needs doing to our starting 11.

sherrinford

I see no way in hell we're going for him if I'm honest. He'd cost 50% of our budget no doubt, too much work needs doing to our starting 11.
Better spending our money on two expensive players who actually elevate the team than spreading that money over six players of lesser quality who can’t have the same impact in a misguided attempt to match a team of Man City’s caliber in one summer.

JohnnyLaw

You've just signed that; Pulisic.

Or at least you think you have
With Hudson Odoi leaving and Willian and Pedro both in their 30’s they’re going to need more than Pulisic. If they sell Hazard they’ll definitely have the funds but even if they don’t they’re going to need investment into their wings soon.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He was shyte last night, overrated because he is english.

Dortmund should offload him before he lost his value.
No he wasn't. He was by far Dortmund's most dangerous player in the first half, then pretty much starved of the ball in the 2nd where we took control of the game completely. IMO his teammates let him down at times because he was the only outlet, did look like he missed Reus/a proper striker to play balls in to.

You don't become overrated because of one poor half against Spurs.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
No he wasn't. He was by far Dortmund's most dangerous player in the first half, then pretty much starved of the ball in the 2nd where we took control of the game completely. IMO his teammates let him down at times because he was the only outlet, did look like he missed Reus/a proper striker to play balls in to.

You don't become overrated because of one poor half against Spurs.
Don't think it was a serious comment pal...

deadrevelz

Think we should come to terms with the fact that we aren't going to get him, or probably any of the world's best talents. How many times has it happened, under the Glazers, or indeed before them? How many times has a world class or potential world class player that was being courted by all the big / rich clubs chose us? How many of these player threads result in us signing said player?
Of the highly rated players we have bought over the last 10-15 years, none of them fit that criteria really.

At this point we might be better off putting our transfer money into a legal firm to investigate the dodgy FFP dodging and creative financing of the other big clubs and ask the Americans to lock up UEFA. Maybe then we would have a more level playing field.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both mkhitaryan and kagawa had crazy stats at dortmund

Handré1990

Both mkhitaryan and kagawa had crazy stats at dortmund
Kagawa had better stats in the BL than Hazard in France in their last season before moving to PL, I remember trying to convince myself Kagawa could be the superior player. Then my superpower kicked in; the ability of two human eyes. Hazard and Sancho are different gravy, hands down.

Macern

Pee pee pants
He's been used on the right at Dortmund but is allowed to roam a little bit so he does pop up in the center at times. That works well with Rashford who sometimes moves down the right channel.
:( We already have Martial on the left. But we need other options though.

Jib

I hope we bought him because we need a RW. Sancho is young and english too.
But I'm not a fool, he isn't special like Dembele or Mbappé.
He's overrated here but I still want him ;)

Rio rated Ravel very highly too...

Last edited: