Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

TheReligion

Abusive
We all know the Bundesliga is a piece of piss though. Not upto the same high standards of the EPL.

Both Lookman and Sancho have gone over and took the piss with ease. Promising players but they wouldn't have it as easy in England.

Dembeza

We all know the Bundesliga is a piece of piss though. Not upto the same high standards of the EPL.

Both Lookman and Sancho have gone over and took the piss with ease. Promising players but they wouldn't have it as easy in England.
Where did KDB and Sane come from?

It doesn’t matter where the player is coming from, if he is good then he will make it at any league.

We need an rvn

True but a big part in reaching your potential is by playing in competitive matches with men rather than being stuck in the reserves or u21s.

If they improve enough and want to come back and play in the PL so be it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So how is he rated in Germany? Is he considered a future star?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So how is he rated in Germany? Is he considered a future star?
Don't live in Germany so don't know the vibe there, but from watching his appreances for Dortmund he certainly seems dead-on to become an important player this season. Played really well at the end of last season and has continued that form into this, he is getting small minutes but has impressed with those chances.

Maybe Favre was saving him for the UCL match midweek, he certainly deserves a start.

JohnnyLaw

Playing on the RW too. All his recent assists have come from there anyway. I hope we're in for him soon.
Not too soon I hope. Unless there's a situation like the one with Memphis where he was about to sign for PSG instead it would be smarter to allow him to establish himself at Dortmund first. His contract is pretty short though, he'll will be entering his last year next season so the opportunity will come.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not too soon I hope. Unless there's a situation like the one with Memphis where he was about to sign for PSG instead it would be smarter to allow him to establish himself at Dortmund first. His contract is pretty short though, he'll will be entering his last year next season so the opportunity will come.
Dortmund have a 2 year option on the contract as well, so his contract could well go on to 2022.

marktan

I rate the kid very highly. Unlike most english wide players over the past 10 years he's much more about his technical skill than pace. His dribbling style and passing reminds me a lot of Neymar. If he doesn't become big it'll be a huge waste of talent imo.

Also a bit of a shame that we could have Sterling and Sancho potentially on the wings for England at one point, but have Henderson and Dier in midfield. To think we once had Scholes and Lampard and wasted them.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Don't live in Germany so don't know the vibe there, but from watching his appreances for Dortmund he certainly seems dead-on to become an important player this season. Played really well at the end of last season and has continued that form into this, he is getting small minutes but has impressed with those chances.

Maybe Favre was saving him for the UCL match midweek, he certainly deserves a start.
Cheers!

Thiagoal

I rate the kid very highly. Unlike most english wide players over the past 10 years he's much more about his technical skill than pace. His dribbling style and passing reminds me a lot of Neymar. If he doesn't become big it'll be a huge waste of talent imo.

Also a bit of a shame that we could have Sterling and Sancho potentially on the wings for England at one point, but have Henderson and Dier in midfield. To think we once had Scholes and Lampard and wasted them.
I wouldn't worry there are some very talented midfielders coming through also in the U17 to U20 age groups Foden, Mount and Gomes to just name three!

Treble

Did well to leave City for Dortmund. Will play there a lot more.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sell Martial, play Jadon on the left. Tahith on the right.
That sounds a lot greater than it will be in reality. Like having Rashford’s everywhere in attack. Someone should probably be a bit older up there, otherwise we will probably get a lot of hot and cold.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
First start this season, not a good game. No penetration and lost too many balls. So far this season he was extremely effective as an impact sub against tiring defenses, but didn't look quite ready today (same goes for Götze*). But it was only one game and Dortmund's offense was massively underwhelming. He'll get more chances.

* Edit: the 'not ready' part

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
First start this season, not a good game. No penetration and lost too many balls. So far this season he was extremely effective as an impact sub against tiring defenses, but didn't look quite ready today (same goes for Götze). But it was only one game and Dortmund's offense was massively underwhelming. He'll get more chances.
This sounds like Martial last season, when he was unstoppable as a sub and mostly meh when starting.

Not dissimilar to Pulisic, who nearly always underwhelms me when he is expected to carry Dortmund for 90 minutes.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
This sounds like Martial last season, when he was unstoppable as a sub and mostly meh when starting.

Not dissimilar to Pulisic, who nearly always underwhelms me when he is expected to carry Dortmund for 90 minutes.
What I often see is an underdog team being extremely sharp and well organized for ~3/4 of the game and fading in the closing stages, just enough for the top team to break them down - kind of like Bruges today, although Dortmund's win was lucky.

That's probably a reason why it's harder to start than to come on later. Add that Dortmund's offensive didn't function at all today, and it's understandable he didn't perform like before. But some mistakes were still down to him being inexperienced, imo.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
Imo the the sort of young players we should have breathing down the necks of the first team players. Buy can play either side, but allowances should be made for a talent like Sancho. He looks the absolute business.
He is the absolute business. City fans had him as good, if not better than Foden and Diaz. With the whole Sterling contract situation this one could come back to bite us hard. Would be a great signing for any team in the top 6, feel as though this kid wont be an option for us with the way we aren't giving youth a chance.
Really reminds me of a cross between 2 English players. Barnes and Beardsley. Need more than potential and he is showing it

Flanders Devil

He is the absolute business. City fans had him as good, if not better than Foden and Diaz. With the whole Sterling contract situation this one could come back to bite us hard. Would be a great signing for any team in the top 6, feel as though this kid wont be an option for us with the way we aren't giving youth a chance.
Really reminds me of a cross between 2 English players. Barnes and Beardsley. Need more than potential and he is showing it
I read this as Ashley Barnes and Phil Bardsley... :nono:

Bwuk

Would be all for us going in for him in the summer.

Classical Mechanic

Only got 16 minutes but got a goal + assist in a 7-0 drubbing of Nuremberg. Assist wasn’t anything special but the goal was well taken.

He’s averaged a goal or assist about every 90 minutes for them since signing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really should be in the next squad.

He's playing a decent amount for Dortmund and they play at higher level than half the players who will be called up.

Classical Mechanic

Really should be in the next squad.

He's playing a decent amount for Dortmund and they play at higher level than half the players who will be called up.
He's not starting though, he started in the CL and had a poor game by all accounts. He's only 18 so I'm not sure he should get a senior call up just yet. Into the 21s perhaps with a view to him going to the u21 Euros next summer.

I think Maddison should get the senior call up as he is playing every week in the PL and improving whilst having the attributes England lack and that suit the current system.