Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

“on next days”

:rolleyes:

Romano has stated the obvious regarding Sancho all summer. However, if he was to say Sancho “ here we go” I shall be fully unzipped and take everything back I’ve said about the Glazers and Woodward.
I think with this deal almost each and every one of the ITK's got it wrong, there was also this chap on the United stand who put his neck on the line saying we will sign Regulion and Sancho 100% last week, someone close to the club told him.

This deal is so complex and very much 50/50 in my opinion. The club look like they want to do this deal and will try everything until the last week, if they cannot they will go for backup options. That's how I see it.

croadyman

“on next days”

:rolleyes:

Romano has stated the obvious regarding Sancho all summer. However, if he was to say Sancho “ here we go” I shall be fully unzipped and take everything back I’ve said about the Glazers and Woodward.
Nope would still despise the ground they walk on and have done for the last 15 years

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I think with this deal almost each and every one of the ITK's got it wrong, there was also this chap on the United stand who put his neck on the line saying we will sign Regulion and Sancho 100% last week, someone close to the club told him.

This deal is so complex and very much 50/50 in my opinion. The club look like they want to do this deal and will try everything until the last week, if they cannot they will go for backup options. That's how I see it.
We can add whatever the chosen backup is to the new manager's list of deadwood.

romufc

We can add whatever the chosen backup is to the new manager's list of deadwood.
I am confident that any backup will be a loan rather than permanent signing. It makes no sense to sign a permanent RW if the target is Sancho.

If we don't get him this summer, no point spending money we would spend on him on someone else.

CG1010

Why does everyone get so excited when Romano replies to a United fan?

He has played his cards correctly all summer, teasing United fans with signings.

No doubt he is well informed but he has not been very good for United.

1. Didn't know about Sancho contract.
2. Didnt really know about VDB until it broke
3. Keeps saying £108m or no deal - which is well known by everyone

Every week he comes out with something and fans go crazy.

4. Kept saying Reguilon was close to United
5. Said Sancho has agreed to terms with the club which was contradicted by the club

mancan92

I'd agree up until Ole's appointment. Under Ole our signings have been good if slightly expensive (but every signing we make has a United surcharge.)

I hate Ed Woodward and particularly the owners as much as anybody but our 'uselessness' in the transfer market I feel is overplayed. We usually get our primary targets and that video from the French ESPN journo is a bit silly and more or less confirms that we get the players we want.
You can believe it is over played but there is still clearly truth to it since we have not created sustained success in our transfers.

Looking at both Liverpool and us there is a clear difference and that is going to mean both teams transfer strategies will be judged differently so I don't see why it is a surprise or a problem. Until we get it right for a sustained period of time we won't be looked at as well as Liverpool and that is 100% fair based on the last few years of transfers.

UncleBob

So you think, IF Sancho has a season equal to, or better than, the season he's just had, as well as performs well at the Euros of 2021, he'll cost exactly the same then as he does now? Is that what you're putting forward? That him being a year down on his contract will offset such obvious growth and further assuredness in him as a player?

Sancho is comfortably below the next bracket of player, which is where the Neymar's, Mbappe's, Messi's et al, reside. The point is, you don't want him edging north when you can nab him before a potential explosion - this all comes down to what you believe his limitations are and whether he's close to maximimising his potential. Much more so than the financial climate.
He's not going to cost more, relax.

romufc

4. Kept saying Reguilon was close to United
5. Said Sancho has agreed to terms with the club which was contradicted by the club
It is a proven method to obtain twitter / youtube followers which is why these so called ITK's try it.

Their hope was for one of them to come through.

I can see alot of people if we sign Sancho say, I told you guys, I was the first one to break this news.

If we don't sign him Blame Woodward for not paying the money - Well if you are predicting that the deal is done, it includes the fee, which is literally 50% of the transfer and 50% is the wages.

Skeezix

Julien is the man. By far the best pundit/journo on ESPN. Rarely disagree with what he has to say and he is 100% correct again.
Yep, considering how ABU those ESPN guys are - the likes of Marcotti, Craig Burley, Steve Nicholson, Shaka Hislop, Alejandro Moreno - they always piss on United and wouldn't give a little bit of credit on Ole throughout the season.
And the only moment, this Julien Laurens speaks out for the fans and how he sees the sorry state of affairs regarding the United Board, which is highly probably true; the Caf wants to put him down and discredit him? Jeez

peridigm

I am confident that any backup will be a loan rather than permanent signing. It makes no sense to sign a permanent RW if the target is Sancho.

If we don't get him this summer, no point spending money we would spend on him on someone else.
We have an open door this window. That door closes more and more in each subsequent window. It's a gamble either way. Do we gamble by waiting and trying to sign him next summer because he won't be available in January, or do we gamble and sign someone else now to fix our immediate need of a RW?

romufc

We have an open door this window. That door closes more and more in each subsequent window. It's a gamble either way. Do we gamble by waiting and trying to sign him next summer because he won't be available in January, or do we gamble and sign someone else now to fix our immediate need of a RW?
Million dollar question that. I agree its a gamble either way. It seems the club do not want to be seen as the one that broke British transfer record during a pandemic.

Suvvernmanc

Ighalo is going in January. Greenwood could become the backup striker as well as getting shared game time with a new permanent non Sancho RW. (Greenwood will eventually be striker full time)

James and Mata aren't good enough. Simple as that.. and Rashford has no one to cover him if he's out.

Sancho can play RW and LW so if we did have to wait next year, we would still be able to fit a RW now, and him next season.

Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, new RW, James and Mata would be good for this season if we dont get Sancho.

clarkydaz

When foreign reporters say it like it is while our own hacks are still making excuses for Woodward and co. To be fair, it’s not all Woodward’s fault but there’s clearly a big issue that’s needed addressing for a long while now and for some reason it hasn’t been addressed. Are we that incompetent to get some shrewd negotiators in, an eye for talent? Someone like Ragnik? We had Ribalta who was noting but a bystander. We have to ask ourselves, why aren’t football men allowed to make decisions at this club?
As we have a clique of money men running the club

Ed is in charge of how the club is ran, if something isnt working the owness is on him to correct it. They seem to think this is correct

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's not going to cost more, relax.
That depends entirely on the season he has and the subsequent Euros, I would say (for certain).

If he goes up a level in terms of performance from what we've seen thus far, there's no chance his price remains £108m. Dortmund are prudent to take that risk as he's not going to plummet significantly in the other direction unless he has a serious injury.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My favourite posts in this thread are from the people who are clearly too lazy to read back through 1000+ pages and pop up with questions like “is he any good” or “so is this happening/off then?”

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Leaving our business until next summer is much more of a gamble.

it leaves us totally stuck this season.
We may waste money on a stop gap
He may decide to go elsewhere next summer
His cost won’t go down but it could go up
We are putting all our eggs in the same basket next summer and may miss out on other good deals due to tunnel vision.

It’s all moot anyway, with Ed and the glazers at the wheel we are going to struggle during every window unless something major changes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You have to be aware that 120m euros is an actual Covid discount, surely?

£108m was not what Sancho would be bandied about at in an unaffected world.
Bingo. Which is what makes our reluctance all the more strange.

romufc

Ighalo is going in January. Greenwood could become the backup striker as well as getting shared game time with a new permanent non Sancho RW. (Greenwood will eventually be striker full time)

James and Mata aren't good enough. Simple as that.. and Rashford has no one to cover him if he's out.

Sancho can play RW and LW so if we did have to wait next year, we would still be able to fit a RW now, and him next season.

Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, new RW, James and Mata would be good for this season if we dont get Sancho.
I understand the frustration, I am just as frustrated because we have seen our players are not consistent and need competition.

Lets judge it at the end of the window.

Our current squad is capable of wining against Palace and Brighton.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Roma just signed a highly rated young defender from Verona . Kumbulla

I think Smalling ain’t going anywhere
Different type of defender. As of yesterday Fonseca was still calling and chatting with smalling. He’s also training alone. He’s going

Redcy

Except if we lose one of our main three players we are back to mata, who is nowhere near, James who is arguably worse. So then we are utterly reliant on perisic/brooks/sarr. We are literally one injury away from a dead period in the season

RUCK4444

You can believe it is over played but there is still clearly truth to it since we have not created sustained success in our transfers.

Looking at both Liverpool and us there is a clear difference and that is going to mean both teams transfer strategies will be judged differently so I don't see why it is a surprise or a problem. Until we get it right for a sustained period of time we won't be looked at as well as Liverpool and that is 100% fair based on the last few years of transfers.
The difference more so than recruitment though is Klopp. He’s gotten their acquisitions right and has the talent to coach the very best from them. And in some cases turn turds into gold.

Ole is getting the recruitment right and (I believe) we are clearly improving on the pitch as well, so hopefully with a year or two more of Ole’s leadership we will see a much better outlook in comparison to the last 6 years.

rotherham_red

You have to be aware that 120m euros is an actual Covid discount, surely?

£108m was not what Sancho would be bandied about at in an unaffected world.
No it isn't. The price has been the same all the way through, right from when the first murmurings of our interest came about in January.

GameOn

Leaving our business until next summer is much more of a gamble.

it leaves us totally stuck this season.
We may waste money on a stop gap
He may decide to go elsewhere next summer
His cost won’t go down but it could go up
We are putting all our eggs in the same basket next summer and may miss out on other good deals due to tunnel vision.

It’s all moot anyway, with Ed and the glazers at the wheel we are going to struggle during every window unless something major changes.
The most crucial point: We're basically going all-in and are betting on ourselves to get into the top 4 and grab a CL spot.

While a finish outside the top 4 seems unlikely based on the second half of last season, it's not completely impossible. We're not at an level, where we're guaranteed a top 4 spot. Only City and Liverpool are right now.

If we don't grab a CL spot, it would be a desaster. Not only would it once again stain our reputation, it would also cost us a ton of money (more important than ever in this crisis) and also severely endanger deals with top players and elite talents like Sancho. Those guys want to play in the CL.

Just imagine this scenario: We don't sign Sancho this summer, we somehow finish 5th or 6th in the league (missing out on the CL), Sancho plays another great season, other big clubs with money and CL football get interested in Sancho.

That's nightmare material and it's not that far-fetched tbh.

Reactions: Sultan

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The most crucial point: We're basically going all-in and are betting on ourselves to get into the top 4 and grab a CL spot.

While a finish outside the top 4 seems unlikely based on the second half of last season, it's not completely impossible. We're not at an level, where we're guaranteed a top 4 spot. Only City and Liverpool are right now.

If we don't grab a CL spot, it would be a desaster. Not only would it once again stain our reputation, it would also cost us a ton of money (more important than ever in this crisis) and also severely endanger deals with top players and elite talents like Sancho. Those guys want to play in the CL.

Just imagine this scenario: We don't sign Sancho this summer, we somehow finish 5th or 6th in the league (missing out on the CL), Sancho plays another great season, other big clubs with money and CL football get interested in Sancho.

That's nightmare material and it's not that far-fetched tbh.
don’t worry about it. United are relaxed about the situation

Jokes aside if we don’t invest top 4 will be a slog. Squad morale is probably going to take a bashing. Pogba won’t sign a new deal. Possibility Ole gets fired. The knock on from sitting on our hands this summer could be massive for the next few years for us

mancan92

The difference more so than recruitment though is Klopp. He’s gotten their acquisitions right and has the talent to coach the very best from them. And in some cases turn turds into gold.

Ole is getting the recruitment right and (I believe) we are clearly improving on the pitch as well, so hopefully with a year or two more of Ole’s leadership we will see a much better outlook in comparison to the last 6 years.
Sure we look back in a few years time but for now it's absolutely no surprise and is 100% fair to judge us and Liverpool completely differently based on what has happened.

dev1l

Another advantage liverpool have over us is the actual shifting (ins and outs) of players. They do things much more smoothly. We take ages.
.I assume because more people are involved as in a big bureaucratic organization.

FizzyWomack

Yeah I see that mate. Sayyid wasn’t it. I watch The United Stand. I actually believed him, think he was being genuine but obviously his sources aren’t worth a w*^#
Nope would still despise the ground they walk on and have done for the last 15 years
To be fair, think I’d have to agree. But we don’t have to tell them that!

I really thought we’d have him here by now.

Can’t wait for our season to kick off anyway. Come on United.

Andersons Dietician

Was he wrong on something?
yes, Pogba, Maguire,Bissaka, Bruno all say hello. Normally when we want a target we get a target.

He brings up Haaland. We refused to let him have a buyback, he brings up Reguilon, we refused a buy back. He is falling in the trap of trying to make it sound like all the rubbish stories of us being in for Thiago and Bale are true when they make absolutely no sense.

He is a terrible pundit. Always has been.

nainaisson

Yep, considering how ABU those ESPN guys are - the likes of Marcotti, Craig Burley, Steve Nicholson, Shaka Hislop, Alejandro Moreno - they always piss on United and wouldn't give a little bit of credit on Ole throughout the season.
And the only moment, this Julien Laurens speaks out for the fans and how he sees the sorry state of affairs regarding the United Board, which is highly probably true; the Caf wants to put him down and discredit him? Jeez
Are you serious? That Laurens tw*t is the biggest, dumbest ABU of them all. He engages in as much irrational Ole-bashing as the other clowns on that network.

The overreactions and negativity by the pundits on ESPN is feigned to create as much clickbait content as possible, all for the sake of Disney's precious ad revenue. Journalistic impartiality and objectivity are anathema to their business model, which is why I now avoid them like the plague.

Reactions: Sultan

Andersons Dietician

When foreign reporters say it like it is while our own hacks are still making excuses for Woodward and co. To be fair, it’s not all Woodward’s fault but there’s clearly a big issue that’s needed addressing for a long while now and for some reason it hasn’t been addressed. Are we that incompetent to get some shrewd negotiators in, an eye for talent? Someone like Ragnik? We had Ribalta who was noting but a bystander. We have to ask ourselves, why aren’t football men allowed to make decisions at this club?
They are though. Phelan, Ole, technical scout, chief scout sit down and decide who to go after. They then get in touch with Ed or Judge. Judge being chief negotiator and tell him to get to work.

The only football decision Ed makes is can we afford it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They are though. Phelan, Ole, technical scout, chief scout sit down and decide who to go after. They then get in touch with Ed or Judge. Judge being chief negotiator and tell him to get to work.

The only football decision Ed makes is can we afford it.
I haven’t really seen much change in how we operate since Woodward took over in 2013. We dither and we go about haphazardly in the transfer market. That was with Ole, Jose, LvG and Moyes. There is one constant here and it’s the board and the owners.

Tel074

Reguilon was close to United. Him going to Spurs doesnt make it not true. And Sancho has agreed terms with United, only thing that is not agreed by this point is the fee with Dortmund.

Without sounding like a dick. How the hell do you know any of what you said is true ? Simple answer you don't

DickDastardly

It's all going according to plan.

You lot seem to forget we're a club run by marketing managers and bankers, not footballing People....

We're just draaaaging this on so we can have the last say!

Pool are sharing their day with Tottenham...Bale....Thiago...

They are now peaking on all the social media.

We, however, are playing the waiting game.

Oh how our marketing department are enjoying this....come tomorrow, its gonna start buzzing...then slooowly building it up, and then BOOM! SANCHO! BANG BANG!

We are so winning this marketing Premiership league!

Status
Not open for further replies.