Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Which Manchester club are you talking about here? The one that's asking themselves how they can get from 85 to 90 points and from a CL semi to a(nother) CL win?

Or the one that's scored 22 goals in 20 games, got bested by Copenhagen and Galatasaray and dreams about maybe securing CL by limping into 5th spot? You know.. the one with the RW, who has 0G0A to his name.

I certainly know that Dortmund are - unfortunately - quite a bit closer to the latter than the former this season, so I'd be quite happy to add a high ("ball") quality attacker to the squad for peanuts, even if he has his issues.
I think he's talking about the Manchester club that in their worst period of performance since the 80s has won, since 2012:
- 1 PL
- 1 FA cup, 2 League Cups
- 1 Europa League

You know, the one that is definitely not as well run a club as Borussia Dortmund, who in the same time frame have won:
- 0 league titles
- 2 x DFB Pokal

Given that he's mentioned Manchester United, I am quite sure he's not talking about the Manchester club that are facing 115 charges in the PL after having escaped European sanctions on a time bound technicality.

:)

Even in our banter era, with all the deserved comic value we add to the news feed so often, I am sure we can aspire to have higher standards of professionalism from our players than whatever was on display in Sancho's three years at the club, irrespective of his previous quality.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Unfortunately for United hates like yourself, United are.

The entire world is littered with United fans. Also being the biggest club in the biggest and best league in the world means has something to do with it.
Calm down mate. I don’t hate United. :lol:
Calling them the 2nd biggest club in the world simply does sound strange to me.
I assume Real are your #1?

mu4c_20le

There's two layers to this:
a) The meme: The comedic value of United's and redcafe's stupidity
b) The sporting side: it seems like a very low risk loan, with an open-ended upside. I'm not expecting any miracles, but even if things don't go perfectly, it's always nice to have someone of his individual quality as an option, especially when you need a goal and struggle to unlock a deep defence..
I love how BVB fans talk about 'low risk' like a big club

crossy1686

career ending
Don’t play that. The way United allowed EtH carte blanche to torpedo any value means Dortmund [who, despite United fans hating them, aren’t idiots] knew they wouldn’t have to pay more. Cause why would they?

A large part of his current ‘true value’ has to do with the fact he’s been training one his own since August/September. He could have easily been given a 2 week/month away which at the time would have looked like a lengthy/stern ban.

I understand it is en vogue to cast Sancho as some villain & EtH as some angel in this because. . . United but £3mil or not, Dortmund are taking back a player many United fans who’ve never so much as been in the same room with have said Dortmund were happy to get rid of. You’d think this fact would kill the narrative but alas here we are with people still deny lying the biggest loser in this situation [which let’s be honest doesn’t look good for any party] is United.

I agree with the first sentence mind, you don’t bow to all Dortmund demands here. Sancho is unprofessional but how on earth we’ve allowed his stock to plummet to the point of a £3mil loan whilst other teams cast of their dross for more had nothing to do with his ‘true value’, we’ve seen this play before, the player changes but the club remains. Think bigger.
Madness really isn’t it? The club continually over pay for these players but then allow poor managers to decrease their value to nothing.

El Zoido

Madness really isn’t it? The club continually over pay for these players but then allow poor managers to decrease their value to nothing.
His handling of the situation is conditional on the performances on the pitch. That is to say, since we’re poor, the narrative is that he’s handled the Sancho situation badly. If we were flying, the fanbase would be fully behind him on this. The two situations are independent of one another, however. The real mistake is in the club paying so much for him in the first place.

crossy1686

career ending
His handling of the situation is conditional on the performances on the pitch. That is to say, since we’re poor, the narrative is that he’s handled the Sancho situation badly. If we were flying, the fanbase would be fully behind him on this. The two situations are independent of one another, however. The real mistake is in the club paying so much for him in the first place.
Sancho has damaged his brand more than anything United or Ten Hag have done, but the club still paid silly money for him then allowed the manager to reduce that value to nothing by making his position untenable at United. If he wasn’t totally discarded we could have at least blamed the structure at United and retained some of his value.

Nogho

Picture Sancho delivering solid performances at Dortmund, Greenwood maintaining his form at Getafe, and Van de Beek meeting expectations in Germany. That would be a rather promising group of players to potentially sell in the summer. If Martial were to depart as well, the wage budget would be significantly expanded for the upcoming season.

By adding another high-earning player to that list, such as Varane or Casemiro, we could genuinely enhance crucial positions. Just envision acquiring well-scouted and high-performing players instead of lazy or inexperienced ones from the Netherlands.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The problem is, we've tried everything over the last decade.

Be it the big name players at big clubs passed their best, the wonderkid youngsters in positions we need, players doing well in the Premier league, players we believe are the tier below top class with potential to grow to that.

The last 10 years has been a disturbing period of recruitment with very few successes. Not helped by changing to managers with totally different styles every few years.
Basically we want the types of players that Rangnick was trying to push for, hungry players who actually want to prove something instead of being happy with a big pay cheque.

AFC NimbleThumb

Exactly.

We compound poor decisions with more poor decisions.

When EtH eventually fecks off & a new manager comes in next season prepare for the Antony saga.
The reason I don’t buy this is players fail at clubs all the time. Managers setting light to any residual value doesn’t.

I’d also argue there are a lot of fans saying this was handled well because you know, millionaire footballers are the real villains.

Top of the league or not, the fact this has resulted in his value plummeting to a £3mil loan is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He said while posting on a man utd message board :lol:
It is a good board to discuss football since it has knowledgeable supporters of a lot of clubs on here. I fail to see how having a good forum makes the club big. ;)

AFC NimbleThumb

I don’t think people that are not United supporters regard United as the 2nd biggest club in the world.
:lol:

After 10 years of mediocrity rival fans such as yourself sign up to Manchester United forums to talk about the club in their spare time.

Many rival fans wouldn’t vocalise it but their actions would say different.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The Bundesliga is a much easier league for a player like Sancho. The league is slower and allows more time on the ball. Sancho clearly struggled with the intensity and demands of the league and the pressure of playing for the 2nd biggest club in the world.

More time on the ball? That doesn't make sense at all. The Bundesliga is known for intense pressing and high defensive lines while many smaller EPL clubs still park the bus and counter attack.

marktan

More time on the ball? That doesn't make sense at all. The Bundesliga is known for intense pressing and high defensive lines while many smaller EPL clubs still park the bus and counter attack.
I think it's more the space against the high line defences more than anything. Pretty much all his goals here he's in acres of space. And of course helps to have Halaand to assist to.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol:

After 10 years of mediocrity rival fans such as yourself sign up to Manchester United forums to talk about the club in their spare time.

Many rival fans wouldn’t vocalise it but their actions would say different.
Eh? I signed up… checks notes… 11 years ago. And on here I mostly don’t talk about United.

AFC NimbleThumb

Eh? I signed up… checks notes… 11 years ago. And on here I mostly don’t talk about United.
I wasn’t saying when you signed up. I’m talking about rival dans full stop. You signing up to the ‘not 2nd biggest club in the worlds’ forum 11 years ago or 11 days ago, point remains it’s a strange thing to do.

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve never so much as googled ‘Bayern Munich forum’.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I think he's talking about the Manchester club that in their worst period of performance since the 80s has won, since 2012:
- 1 PL
- 1 FA cup, 2 League Cups
- 1 Europa League

You know, the one that is definitely not as well run a club as Borussia Dortmund, who in the same time frame have won:
- 0 league titles
- 2 x DFB Pokal

Given that he's mentioned Manchester United, I am quite sure he's not talking about the Manchester club that are facing 115 charges in the PL after having escaped European sanctions on a time bound technicality.

:)

Even in our banter era, with all the deserved comic value we add to the news feed so often, I am sure we can aspire to have higher standards of professionalism from our players than whatever was on display in Sancho's three years at the club, irrespective of his previous quality.
Heh.

mu4c_20le

Do you think only "big" clubs assess risks?
I genuinely thought it amusing that it was even a concern. Your biggest signings are still Dembele and Haller, it would have been uncharacteristic for you to pay big money for a player, much less one in poor form.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I genuinely thought it amusing that it was even a concern. Your biggest signings are still Dembele and Haller, it would have been uncharacteristic for you to pay big money for a player, much less one in poor form.
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word risk.

Bild have an interesting theory about the hold up:

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t think people that are not United supporters regard United as the 2nd biggest club in the world.
People who aren't United supporters are often seen on posts about past United players insisting that they weren't "that good" themselves and they were surrounded by great players. Yet never want to admit who these great players were.

It's called bitterness.

And not understanding there's a huge difference between who currently has the best "team" and who is a bigger "club".

iHicksy

You signed up to a United football forum to talk about what precisely?

Did you somehow stumble across a spiritual home for a joint love of baking perhaps?

Come one mate, no one signs up to a rival football club forum unless they have a vested interest in the club or want to talk to / wind up the fanbase.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think it's more the space against the high line defences more than anything. Pretty much all his goals here he's in acres of space. And of course helps to have Halaand to assist to too.

Rolling the ball to Halaand isn't a difficult job.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Did you somehow stumble across a spiritual home for a joint love of baking perhaps?

Come one mate, no one signs up to a rival football club forum unless they have a vested interest in the club or want to talk to / wind up the fanbase.
You underestimate how attractive this forum is as a neutral football forum.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

United is not a rival. It is the best football forum since there is a lot of people on here who support different clubs.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think it's more the space against the high line defences more than anything. Pretty much all his goals here he's in acres of space. And of course helps to have Halaand to assist to.

Can't watch the video because of copyright stuff but it is normal that players score when they're offered space. Just watched a compilation of Mo Salah goals and he has acres of space as well. But Sancho in particular excels in tight spaces when he can utilize his technique and link up play without having to muscle off or straight outpace opponents so it makes no sense to me why people argue this.

It is the biggest football forum in the world. I couldn't care less which club it belongs to and barely even look into the Manchester United section of the board.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word risk.

Bild have an interesting theory about the hold up:

What’s to explain? We all know the story, just take the L and move on.

TheReligion

Abusive
At this point I'm just watching in amazement for how long people can cry about other clubs or leagues doing them wrong when you can basically lay a save bet that just about every big signing that United make will turn to shit sooner or later.
Finally a chance for United to get some sweet revenge. And he's PL proven, too!
After all the "happy Sancho day" celebrations it's just really sad to see thing turn out this way. Where did it all go wrong??
#freeJadon
#HappySanchoDay
#ChooChoo

Which one to pick?
I guess this opens up room for another attacker at United? How about Donyell Malen, could be available for a special price and Ten Hag already knows him from Eredivisie. Could be a win/win/win situation.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, Dortmund have been a bit like United this season, minus the CL embarrassment, but in no way a team that made its attackers shine.
What do you mean "sweet FA", in terms of G/A he's outperformed United's €100m star RW and even this season they are dead even, despite Sancho barely playing.

Sounds like it's SanchON for tomorrow.

choo choo
This beyond any business model. When a generational talent is available for cheap you just have to pounce.
I love how you describe United's utter strategic failure on all levels as a positive.
Big day today.
There's two layers to this:
a) The meme: The comedic value of United's and redcafe's stupidity
b) The sporting side: it seems like a very low risk loan, with an open-ended upside. I'm not expecting any miracles, but even if things don't go perfectly, it's always nice to have someone of his individual quality as an option, especially when you need a goal and struggle to unlock a deep defence..
still difficult enough to pass for a generational talent on here
I do wonder why we have to tolerate this clear WUMing tbh.

Most of the German based posters seem to be polluting the thread with this kind of baiting.

If RedCafe is such a stupid place let them post elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.