Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogho

I don't particularly follow Dortmunds transfer business but they can't be short of cash surely. With the various sales they've made over the last few years.
A lot of their income goes to Klopp still. His dental billing was part of his contract back then...

Alemar

On a serious note though, I understand that it will be a loan for the rest of the season, costing Dortmund around € 3 million with no buying option.
This worries me a bit, as it indicates that INEOS still have some sort of plan with him next season.
The plan is clearly to sell him in the summer. INEOS might hope that a good loan increases the price - plus this loan fee. It makes sense, as well as (partial) removal of his wage bill.

crossy1686

career ending
Would be madness to have a buy option when Dortmund won’t pay more than £10m for him anyway. The only reason they’re loaning him is because we dropped the price to £3m including wages. They know his true value.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wish him well. Hope he regains confidence and is able to have a successful return here next season.

Bright_Eyes

Should have put an option to buy at £50 million . Don’t want this guy back no matter what the cnut does at Dortmund
WTF? :lol:
I honestly expected trying United to force a buy on Dortmund, but totally excluding the option to buy him is funny.
Interesting. Indicates that INEOS arent convinced to get rid.
Not really. An option to buy clause only helps the buyer and is negative for the seller. And doesn't mean United don't want to sell. E.g. if Dortmund value him at max £40m after the loan spell, they won't pay £50m because we set a £50m option to buy, they'll just negotiate with a £40m ceiling. If they valued him at £60m after the loan spell, they'd only have to pay £50m, losing United £10m. An option to buy just weakens the seller's position. If he goes there and does great, Dortmund get him on the cheap. If he goes there's and does badly, they don't buy him at all or negotiate for a lower price than the clause price. With no option to buy, negotiations happen (and opens things up to the wider market potentially driving up the price) and United don't risk selling him for less than what the market values him for. I don't see how an option to buy would help United at all, and therefore it doesn't mean INEOS are necessarily considering keeping him at the club. No option to buy would be the best thing to do regardless of whether INEOS are planning to get rid or not, no?

A mandatory buy clause is a different story but Dortmund probably wouldn't agree to that for a price that United would accept.

Last edited:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think he was on pretty high wages at Dortmund before we signed him.
Pre 2019 the quoted figures were around 40k per week moving to 80k when he earned it with consistently good performances.

He’s allegedly on a package worth 350k a week at United which has been active from the day he signed. He’s never had consecutive good performances for us and this is his 3rd season.

He is the prime example of how badly ran United have been and will continue to pay the price for until there is another fallen giant out there.

pascell

Pre 2019 the quoted figures were around 40k per week moving to 80k when he earned it with consistently good performances.

He’s allegedly on a package worth 350k a week at United which has been active from the day he signed. He’s never had consecutive good performances for us and this is his 3rd season.

He is the prime example of how badly ran United have been and will continue to pay the price for until there is another fallen giant out there.
He was on £200-250k a week before moving to United, he signed a new contract the summer before we signed him.

WPMUFC

God, even our loans out are saga's. Nearly agreed...cancelled private planes to the BVB camp. All this one requires is a manutd.com "official press statement" to confirm the plane was cancelled and they "sorting it asap" to make it the clown-show trfecta.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He was on £200-250k a week before moving to United, he signed a new contract the summer before we signed him.
Those figures definitely were not correct at the time and they still are not.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Those figures definitely were not correct at the time and they still are not.
To be fair I’m not convinced the whole Sancho being on 350k a week is quite right either. Although I have no means to prove it. :lol:

saivet

He probably won’t play until March. He’s not played some August and it’s not like he’s been training since then either.
Surely he'll feature before then. Greenwood hadn't played for the best part of 18 months and he made his first appearance a couple of weeks after signing for Getafe.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He probably won’t play until March. He’s not played some August and it’s not like he’s been training since then either.
Terzic is a hopeless romantic. He will throw Sancho right on the pitch and hope for a magic return story. He is under lots of pressure, he needs this to work.

Bobski

What a huge disappointment this guy has been, don't think he has ever had one game for Utd were I came out afterwards wowed by him, his best games were 7/7.5's and the majority of the time much lower. He is clearly a highly gifted technical player, excellent first touch, weight of pass, good composure when finishing in the box but there is no fire or bite in his game, coming into his first season late into pre-season and overweight was a red flag then and there have been many more since.

Even if and when Ten Hag is sacked I don't think Utd should be planning to bring him back for next season, nothing to suggest that he has the mentality for Utd, but moving that contract on will be painful.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Giving him yet another chance under Glazer management would definitely be in the cards, lets hope thats not the case with Ratcliffe regardless of ETH's job.
I'd imagine SJR has been told of all the reasons Sancho has been exiled. It will not just be the last incident. That was probably the final straw.

DomesticTadpole

There have been plenty of players with big reputations who have come here and failed. To be a United player you almost need tunnel vision regarding wanting to be the best in your position. Too many just being here is enough and the pressure can swallow you up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
There have been plenty of players with big reputations who have come here and failed. To be a United player you almost need tunnel vision regarding wanting to be the best in your position. Too many just being here is enough and the pressure can swallow you up.
I love how you describe United's utter strategic failure on all levels as a positive.

CM

I think he was on pretty high wages at Dortmund before we signed him.
Maybe so, but I'm sure he got a healthy bump when he signed here too. Using money as the main incentive to attract players is always a dangerous game and we'd do well to step away from that model. Or at least load up the contracts so a decent proportion of the earnings are performance based.

Ekeke

Even if he lights up the Bundesliga, we still have a surplus to requirements situation to deal with.

Garnacho can play on the right, as can Amad. Antony is technically a RW, and although he's been shit at least he puts in a proper shift defensively. And as little as Pellistri has shown, he's shown us more than Sancho has.
Slighly harsh but thats your opinion. Pellistri over Sancho I mean, the others points are all very fair.

The thing is if Sancho is able to be even half the player he was at Dortmund he'd be our best right winger right now. He hadnt managed that at United so far and its very frustrating. On top of that it was really weird that Rashford was at his best on the left, then we signed probably the best right winger in the world at the time and our plan was.... To play him on the left. Whether thats down to Sancho or club management I dont know, but either way it was stupid.

He may need a new start elsewhere and if he went to another good club he might recapture some of his previous form and start to look like a £70 million player. It would be shit if we sell him for £30 million to Chelsea or Newcastle for example and then he hits his Dortmund form.

DomesticTadpole

I love how you describe United's utter strategic failure on all levels as a positive.
The failure of certain players has been going on for years, Ted MacDougall, Peter Davenport, Alan Brazil, Wyn Davies, Ron Davies and numerous others. Yes at this time I would put it down to not looking into potential problems with a player, that were well documented. Hopefully that is now going to change.

flameinthesun

Nothing more than a chance to drive his value up. Dortmund wouldn’t be shopping at the 30m+ range. They want him for 10-20m because they know that they can make him look good to sell to the next sap
Yup. The best thing for all parties but mainly for us is that he starts to tear up the german league again. Means we would have the possibility of recouping our money when we sell him.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Or they want him to regain form so they can recoup a larger fee in the summer?
Both are not mutually exclusive. It's likely we'll have a new manager come the summer who might be able to get a tune out of Sancho, if he displays any sort of some in Germany.

Similarly, even if the new guy/ETH doesn't want him, then we have a higher chance of getting a decent fee for him in the summer if he performs well.

Superunknown

What we need to do is go full on 'no contact' as soon as his loan deal is up. Get everyone to change their numbers, block him from all accounts, change the locks at Carrington. When he does turn up again in the summer, just pretend that we've never met him.

Woodywizz

What we need to do is go full on 'no contact' as soon as his loan deal is up. Get everyone to change their numbers, block him from all accounts, change the locks at Carrington. When he does turn up again in the summer, just pretend that we've never met him.
Agreed, ghost the fecker

Kick him from the WhatsApp group and everyone block him on Twitter. Sad thing is Rashford would keep DMing him screenshots of the main players WhatsApp group - where the rest of the squad are slating him - in between them both exchanging pics of the latest bling they’ve bought, whilst laughing their cocks off at the amount of money we’re paying them for putting in absolutely no effort whatsoever.

I’d bin both of the bell ends asap.

Awful scouting. Solksjaer clearly wanted a player like Saka, or even a "poor man's Saka," with lots of pace, capable of counter-attacking and dominating their fullback, mainly playing on the right.

However, he ended up with an upgraded version of Mata, more suitable for a possession-based team, a player who prefers to have numerous teammates and interactions around him.

He never gelled with our style of play.

And the worst thing is that we spent 2-3 years scouting and watching him before we bought him.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
During the pre transfer hype on here I questioned whether he'd even be a starter given that Rashford and Greenwood were in the wing positions who were both better players at the time. The daft signing of Ronaldo pushed him further down the pecking order.

I hope Ratcliffe’s team can make basic judgements that I could see that the current lot have been incapable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.