g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Without sounding pessimistic, I certainly don’t see how we make top 4 this year now with the current mess we have. We have some major issues in defence which were masked last season by stats which showed we conceded 30 less than the previous season. Unfortunately it’s a prime example of stats skewing reality. In the last 10 games or so of the season, we only conceded about 7/8 goals but what was concerning was every one of them was due to an individual error. Unfortunately, this year we are getting punished a lot more for them.
Our defence was masked by the fact it performed really well? Sorry Chief you’ve lost me there.

Fooza

Let this thread die, it's just rubbing salt in the wound now :lol: sickening day

Acole9

Outstanding
Kaveh has said he'll never join United now. Shut the thread once and for all.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Back here again.

This feels like that episode of the thick of it where all the MPs are hurriedly rushing between buildings to make sure they end up backing the right leader.

Toad

Rumours are that we have just placed a £108 million bid for him and then we woke up.

NJM78

Ah the shambles that is Manchester United in a transfer window is over again for a few months.

Thank God.

Now we await many defeats and fans calling for the manager to be sacked by November.

Never a dull moment with us.

LoneStar

Without sounding pessimistic, I certainly don’t see how we make top 4 this year now with the current mess we have. We have some major issues in defence which were masked last season by stats which showed we conceded 30 less than the previous season. Unfortunately it’s a prime example of stats skewing reality. In the last 10 games or so of the season, we only conceded about 7/8 goals but what was concerning was every one of them was due to an individual error. Unfortunately, this year we are getting punished a lot more for them.
At our current state, I can’t see us making top 4 as well. Utter shambles in defence, we look bereft of creativity, no system in attack and questionable tactics and lineups by the coach.

Also, almost all of our rivals have strengthened. Things are looking very bleak at the moment.

SapperBRed75

Joke. If I was one of Sancho's representatives, I'd be steering well clear of us next summer and talking to the other suitors that will inevitably back up their interest with decisive action. Sancho to United is finished. If we wanted him, we had our chance, we knew the price and BD made their very reasonable terms known. Pay what we (the selling club) value him at, given he's a 20 year old English winger with world class potential, in a timeframe which allows us to secure a replacement. We played Woodward hardball again, and we lost. Again. Instead, we're left surveying the smouldering rubble of yesterday's mauling (whilst Mourinho is being backed by his board) and searching for the positives in the deadline day arrival of Falcao Edison.

Andersons Dietician

Sooooo Mbappe and Sancho summer 2021 then? We can do things in the transfer market others can only dream of and all that.

Chief123

Our defence was masked by the fact it performed really well? Sorry Chief you’ve lost me there.
I honestly can’t agree that our defence performed “really well” last season. The stats say they were acceptable. But I don’t believe we could genuinely say we were comfortable with our defence of Maguire and Lindelof. Never at any point in the season did I feel confident going into a game thinking our defence is solid and we should be fine at the back. Like I said, nearly all the goals we conceded in the run up at the end were due to individual errors by Lindelof, Maguire or De Gea.

I certainly don’t have any confidence in our defence and nor do I believe we will challenge any time soon with any of our current centre backs. In my eyes they are simply not good enough. Bailly, Lindelof and Maguire’s own weaknesses are too significant to build a defence with.

I know some feel our defence is adequate, but I disagree. I actually think two brilliant centre backs would take us close to challenging for the title even if it’s running them close and not winning it. The rest of our team is better than it’s looking right now.

clarkydaz

Depends on how their financial situation is.. they might eat the small loss if all is well.. if not, it'll look like a pointless stunt to prove a point that didnt need proving.
id hazard a guess Dortmund know full well their finances than we or Ed does, theyre a well run club. if they needed it they would have caved

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Munich now have Sane, Gnabry, Coman and Costa. Big club doing big deals because they want to win big trophies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He won't we have fecked him about
We have no idea what the communication is between the club and Sancho so until we are given actual information it's dumb to assume he'll never join.

cyberman

He still said it. Do you think its a coincidence Zorc came out and said they don't need the money and his deal had been extended? They were clearly pissed off
We actively briefed we were confident after Zorc said the deadline had passed and he stays.
As @roonster09 reminded me, it was Neville who phrased it that way and issued an apology not long after to say as such
Also, that entire point is guesswork, nowhere was it reported that it pissed Dormund off and feck me, they reported everything over there.
Being confident of getting a deal is a loooong way from arrogance. Even then phrases about being relaxed were used. It just doesnt ring true to me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We have no idea what the communication is between the club and Sancho so until we are given actual information it's dumb to assume he'll never join.
His representatives are busy saying he wont, but whatever

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
His representatives are busy saying he wont, but whatever
Show me one concrete source other than those two idiots on SSN. They know nothing and all of it is their 'feelings' or opinion. If it's reported by journalists like Ornstein then we can accept it as fact.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As @roonster09 reminded me, it was Neville who phrased it that way and issued an apology not long after to say as such

Also, that entire point is guesswork, nowhere was it reported that it pissed Dormund off and feck me, they reported everything over there.
Being confident of getting a deal is a loooong way from arrogance. Even then phrases about being relaxed were used. It just doesnt ring true to me.
Read my post, its says they were pissed off hence Zorcs comments after the 10th, doesn't mean thats what pissed them off but they were clearly pissed off.
Zorc came out and said that they were not having financial problems and won't be forced into selling and that he will not leave the deadline has passed. They were pissed off that is clear.

You are just failing to read the room. Why do you think Zorc made the point to talk about his contract.

After this United then briefed that it was Dortmund that did not want to negotiate and were delaying things and only wanted to use an intermediary, I wouldn't be surprised if relations between the clubs are not the best right now. Because there was a bit of mud slinging being done both ways there.

Anyway not replying again on this we agree to disagree

clarkydaz

totally gutted. Bellingham in place since June. Small time club. Make us look stupid. Sancho won’t ever join us now and dya know what? We totally deserve it. 2 whole summers of this shit for what?
Bellingham, Sancho and Haaland to sell, they are in deep shit :lol:

Trophy Room

Just very concerning the way we appeared to have conducted ourselves. I don’t know if Sancho is worth 108 million but if this was Oles top signing then we should have been surgical in the way that we dealt with this. Now we have been left woefully short in a very important year. We are now just a mediocre club really.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Asking for a friend:

what would be the very latest time to get a bid accepted? 9.30? Or is the paper work a 5 hour job?

Status
Not open for further replies.