Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The Benzema saga was the one that killed me personally.

I'll never forget it.
Was there ever a saga? I think he just went to real and that was that. I don’t remember much from those years to be fair.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I dont know mate, but I feel Thiago broke me. It was an easy deal, made sense and cheap. Never recovered and my muppett heart was forever shattered.
Sneijder did me in then Hazard. Thiago ripped my heart out. Haven’t been the same muppet since.

Rake

If anything they're worse! But it's still on anyways.
Seems there is way too much smoke. Fire incoming :devil:

Think CL football will be Paramount to spend so much on one player so nothing is certain on this deal until top 4 is secured.
I think the delay is because we are still waiting to secure the CL. If we do get CL or we don’t, it has impact both ways. The deal can get done even if we don’t get CL but if we do get it that makes things a lot better for us from negotiations perspective and of course they may even have said that he won’t move if we don’t get CL.
I really think getting CL this season might not be as important as it is made out to be. Surely Sancho wouldn't turn us down because of that (won't hurt getting CL obviously). He is 20 (i think) not like he needs to win the thing now or it will be gone forever. He`d (and his reps) would rather care about the plan set in place to achieve success.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Was there ever a saga? I think he just went to real and that was that. I don’t remember much from those years to be fair.
There was absolutely a saga. It wasn't a massive one but I just loved the guy. Apparently we could've had him if we were willing to reach the fee but we couldn't.

Imagine the service we'd have gotten out of him over the past decade.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Seems there is way too much smoke. Fire incoming :devil:

I really think getting CL this season might not be as important as it is made out to be. Surely Sancho wouldn't turn us down because of that (won't hurt getting CL obviously). He is 20 (i think) not like he needs to win the thing now or it will be gone forever. He`d (and his reps) would rather care about the plan set in place to achieve success.
I think it's more to do with finding the 100m mate. Hahahahaha.

Web of Bissaka

There was absolutely a saga. It wasn't a massive one but I just loved the guy. Apparently we could've had him if we were willing to reach the fee but we couldn't.

Imagine the service we'd have gotten out of him over the past decade.
Didn't the Lyon president said we gave out "superior offers" more than Real.

Benzema never wanted to join us, Real is his love.

Goku23

Absolutely nailed on mate. We have been aboard this choo-choo for ages, he's coming bro :drool:
If we dont make top 4 will he still come ? That makes me so worried because if Sancho dosent come as a result of mot making top 4 it could set us back years. Not just missing Sancho but other players plus not as much money to spend I hope he comes in the event we dont make it because I dont trust our team under pressure.

crossy1686

career ending
Jadon Sancho want to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. He is homesick, he doesn't want to stay here anymore. It is difficult to say whether he would go on strike like Dembele, but the pressure on the BVB is extremely increased [Sky Germany]

Infestissumam

not exactly a great source btw. Sky is pretty bad, and that guy usually reports on Bayern I think.

still absolutely on though.

RkkMan

not exactly a great source btw. Sky is pretty bad, and that guy usually reports on Bayern I think.

still absolutely on though.
It could be true though he`s been in Germany for 3 years now and he`s probably still very upset over the treatment he got over his hair cut issue. Chances are he genuinely may wanna go back to his home country and this summer is the perfect time for him

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It should move along fairly quickly once the window opens you would think.

No proper pre-season like previous years and a very small gap between seasons. Clubs will want any incomings/outgoings sorted fairly quickly you’d imagine but who knows with us :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
Sancho coming has never been reliant on UCL football. He'd of come last summer if Dortmund has been willing to sell/we could afford him
We could have afforded him last season, considering that we were a Dybala agreeing away form getting Dybala who would have cost near as much.

I think there was no way that BVB would have sold him last summer. This summer on the other hand, it seems that it is doable and I hope so. On him, Mason, Martial and Rashford, we would have the best set of young attackers in football.

0le

We could have afforded him last season, considering that we were a Dybala agreeing away form getting Dybala who would have cost near as much.

I think there was no way that BVB would have sold him last summer. This summer on the other hand, it seems that it is doable and I hope so. On him, Mason, Martial and Rashford, we would have the best set of young attackers in football.
Agreed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Dybala's price would have been offset by Lukaku going the other way

Revan

Assumptionman
Dybala's price would have been offset by Lukaku going the other way
Of course, but Lukaku went the other way around for big money. Money that could have used for Sancho.

BVB made quite clear that Sancho is not going anywhere (which made sense from their perspective, considering that they spent time on him so wanted some return, and his price wasn't going to drop soon). This time around, they are dead silent which IMO means that they are willing to sell him.

Sancho Panza is going to play here next season and is gonna be glorious.

charlenefan

Are these sorts of thing a big deal?

Everyone in the world knows that a negotiation is happening. Why all this silly social media drama?
I think we're probably only a couple of years away from players and managers just confirming where they want to go/who they want to sign and knock this 'respect' thing on the head

Revan

Assumptionman
What's amazing about Sancho is that as well as being a goalscorer, he's also a creator - that'll take a lot of pressure off of Bruno and help us whenever he's missing (remember how uncreative we looked before his signing?).

Having Bruno and Sancho feeding Martial, Rashford and Greenwood :drool:
Bruno is gonna love playing with him. Considering that the thing Sancho loves most is causing havoc in the opposition defense with his dribbling, our other attackers are gonna get in good positions unmarked. And Bruno has Lampard-like ability on making timed runs in the box. He is gonna score so many goals when left unmarked (similar to how he hit the post last match).

An elite dribbler is exactly what our attack needs to go to the next level.

charlenefan

Of course, but Lukaku went the other way around for big money. Money that could have used for Sancho.

BVB made quite clear that Sancho is not going anywhere (which made sense from their perspective, considering that they spent time on him so wanted some return, and his price wasn't going to drop soon). This time around, they are dead silent which IMO means that they are willing to sell him.

Sancho Panza is going to play here next season and is gonna be glorious.
I don't know, like I said originally maybe it was that Dortmund refused to sell, maybe it's that we couldn't afford him doesn't really matter now because it's happening this summer and yes it will be glorious :drool:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Vidal was what broke me. I was in Italy to make it worse.
thiago and Vidal finished me off as a first class muppet. the summer ronaldo left and we didnt really reinvest the money also killed me too. Madrid got Ronnie, Varane, Alonso, Benzema and Kaka? They also let go of Sneijder and Robben on the cheap and we were nowhere to be found. Same when city were buying aguero silva or KDB. Following Utd in the transfer market is often tough work. Waiting a year and a half for Bruno. A year for Maguire. Getting Ighalo at the very last minute when we were linked with Haaland and lots of other decent strikers all January. How long for a RW or backup DM. We take way too long to pull the trigger and get deals done. Even when we spend money it’s often on players you could call punts.

I read someone saying last night let’s hope these summer signings are more Bruno level and less AWB/Maguire/James and for the first time Id kind of agree with the sentiment. I’m all for having a core of good lads who can improve but If we hadn’t finally got Bruno in I’m not even sure ole would still have a job or Pogba would be sticking around. the squad is still desperately low on quality, creativity, numbers or any plan B which brings me back to sancho. He’s the classiest player on the market this summer closely followed by Havertz or Camavinga. I’d also be going all out for Havertz instead of Grealish because he’s just a much better player (but obviously more expensive). Why aren’t Chelsea going for Grealish? If you’re going to be spending big money and looking at players as a long term investment you may as well just go for the best that’s out there and hopefully only need to buy once in a generation for a position.

Even if Havertz came in and took Bruno’s place or Sancho with Greenwood so what. Isn’t it better that we have as many good players as possible instead of the bare minimum which is what we currently have. All that really matters is we challenge for stuff again. When potential generational talents become available top clubs like ours should be right there with the chequebook out. If you were a selling club who would you rather deal with? United with their briefings trying to unsettle players and bring the price down over year long transfer dramas (only to pay the original price anyway!) or City/Chelsea who just go and get the transfer done? Chelsea will probably go get Havertz for 70 million and we will eventually get Grealish for 40 and in 2 seasons we will be wishing we pushed the boat out and tried to improve the first 11 rather than just padding out the squad. For an extra bit of money you are buying potentially one of the best players in the league or just settling for a squad player with decent numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.