Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3G4CY15

I have a good feeling about this one. I haven’t refreshed the CAF this much (or posted) since the Pogba saga. The real question is how many pages will this hit before Sancho is announced.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think we're probably only a couple of years away from players and managers just confirming where they want to go/who they want to sign and knock this 'respect' thing on the head
I agree. Social media is going to get more intense when 5G comes. There is just no way possible to enforce ‘respect’ when it’s possible for every person in the world to contact another within a second. It’s now just a silly pretence.

United58

Bruno is gonna love playing with him. Considering that the thing Sancho loves most is causing havoc in the opposition defense with his dribbling, our other attackers are gonna get in good positions unmarked. And Bruno has Lampard-like ability on making timed runs in the box. He is gonna score so many goals when left unmarked (similar to how he hit the post last match).

An elite dribbler is exactly what our attack needs to go to the next level.
:drool:

We've definitely been shifting from counter attacking to dominating attacks over the past year, hopefully we stay on this trajectory into the next few seasons with good signings and integrating our incredible youth (Garner, Greenwood, Hannibal etc.)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looking at that, he could play all over the place. He could even step in for Bruno if we need to rest him.
That's why he will suit our attack perfectly.

Imagine Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and Sancho all roaming around? how could you lock them down?

I doubt we will play all 4 of them together much unless injuries happen or we're throwing the kitchen sink, but it would be pretty sexy.

roseguy64

thiago and Vidal finished me off as a first class muppet. the summer ronaldo left and we didnt really reinvest the money also killed me too. Madrid got Ronnie, Varane, Alonso, Benzema and Kaka? They also let go of Sneijder and Robben on the cheap and we were nowhere to be found. Same when city were buying aguero silva or KDB. Following Utd in the transfer market is often tough work. Waiting a year and a half for Bruno. A year for Maguire. Getting Ighalo at the very last minute when we were linked with Haaland and lots of other decent strikers all January. How long for a RW or backup DM. We take way too long to pull the trigger and get deals done. Even when we spend money it’s often on players you could call punts.

I read someone saying last night let’s hope these summer signings are more Bruno level and less AWB/Maguire/James and for the first time Id kind of agree with the sentiment. I’m all for having a core of good lads who can improve but If we hadn’t finally got Bruno in I’m not even sure ole would still have a job or Pogba would be sticking around. the squad is still desperately low on quality, creativity, numbers or any plan B which brings me back to sancho. He’s the classiest player on the market this summer closely followed by Havertz or Camavinga. I’d also be going all out for Havertz instead of Grealish because he’s just a much better player (but obviously more expensive). Why aren’t Chelsea going for Grealish? If you’re going to be spending big money and looking at players as a long term investment you may as well just go for the best that’s out there and hopefully only need to buy once in a generation for a position.

Even if Havertz came in and took Bruno’s place or Sancho with Greenwood so what. Isn’t it better that we have as many good players as possible instead of the bare minimum which is what we currently have. All that really matters is we challenge for stuff again. When potential generational talents become available top clubs like ours should be right there with the chequebook out. If you were a selling club who would you rather deal with? United with their briefings trying to unsettle players and bring the price down over year long transfer dramas (only to pay the original price anyway!) or City/Chelsea who just go and get the transfer done? Chelsea will probably go get Havertz for 70 million and we will eventually get Grealish for 40 and in 2 seasons we will be wishing we pushed the boat out and tried to improve the first 11 rather than just padding out the squad. For an extra bit of money you are buying potentially one of the best players in the league or just settling for a squad player with decent numbers.
We can't afford both Sancho and Havertz. Simple as. Plus Grealish is already used to the league.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If we do sign him his announcement video will be absolutely amazing given how Pogba’s and Sanchez’s videos were.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We can't afford both Sancho and Havertz. Simple as. Plus Grealish is already used to the league.
it’s an extra 30 million quid. We can afford it. It’s just the owners don’t want to pay the extra money. The money is there from the fans if they’ll spend it instead of pocketing it. Buy now and we won’t have to invest as heavily in future years. If we want to act like a big club we should be going for the best players that become available, especially if they are young and exciting players. Havertz could have a far more major impact on the PL than Jack Grealish has managed or will manage in the future. I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet actually. Leave Grealish to spurs or other clubs who either can’t afford to go after the really top talent or they are still new money like Everton or Newcastle. There are so many clubs with money now that could afford havertz but he probably wouldn’t go. We need to use the fact we are still a huge club to our advantage and not let the likes of 30 million get in the way of building the next great team here. If Camavinga and Havertz get sold this summer and we’ve not got involved at all I’ll be disappointed. I’m totally prepared to be disappointed!

anyhow. I think sancho will be a cracking fecking signing. Hopefully the first of a few crackers. I’d like to see an efficient transfer done here though. They’ve been on this for over a year so just go and get it done. The player wants the move. It’s on.

roseguy64

it’s an extra 30 million quid. We can afford it. It’s just the owners don’t want to pay the extra money. The money is there from the fans if they’ll spend it instead of pocketing it. Buy now and we won’t have to invest as heavily in future years. If we want to act like a big club we should be going for the best players that become available, especially if they are young and exciting players. Havertz could have a far more major impact on the PL than Jack Grealish has managed or will manage in the future. I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet actually. Leave Grealish to spurs or other clubs who either can’t afford to go after the really top talent or they are still new money like Everton or Newcastle. There are so many clubs with money now that could afford havertz but he probably wouldn’t go. We need to use the fact we are still a huge club to our advantage and not let the likes of 30 million get in the way of building the next great team here. If Camavinga and Havertz get sold this summer and we’ve not got involved at all I’ll be disappointed. I’m totally prepared to be disappointed!

anyhow. I think sancho will be a cracking fecking signing. Hopefully the first of a few crackers. I’d like to see an efficient transfer done here though. They’ve been on this for over a year so just go and get it done. The player wants the move. It’s on.
It's absolutely not a safe bet. Plenty of highly touted players move to other leagues and flop. The transfer committee probably just feels Grealish and Havertz isn't much different to them and the former will be cheaper.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If we do sign him his announcement video will be absolutely amazing given how Pogba’s and Sanchez’s videos were.
‘Once a blue, now a red.’
Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing Jadon Sancho from Manchester City via Borussia Dortmund.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Still every chance we could get Sancho, Van Der Beek & maybe Upamecano
Still confident we will get a CB and either Grealish/VDB too after making some player sales
Don't worry I still believe there will be an opportunity to muppet over Grealish/VDB and a CB too.
Yeah despite the current financial climate can see us getting VDB for good price and then see us going for Upamecano if he is really available for around £40m
Damn son you know something we don’t?

Scholsey2004

It's always possible that if we don't agree a contract with Pogba that Bruno shifts back to 8 and Sancho plays at 10. He's been very good there too.

Mr Smith

Don't know about that but just feel we are going to sign at least those two. The CB is much harder to call because so little links to anyone so far.
I think you might need to get up to date with recent global events.

So do you.

theklr

Think it will be very mooted since OGS isnt much a fan of the flashy drama stuff. Probably something like Maguire/Bruno.

theklr

Don't know about that but just feel we are going to sign at least those two. The CB is much harder to call because so little links to anyone so far.
Think its abit like this - if we get CL we can buy Sancho + 2 good (first XI) players if we get some decent outgoings.

If we dont get CL we will buy Sancho + 1 good (first XI) player if we get some decent outgoings.

But yeah, we are trying to sell both midfielders and CB's , so it would probably be in those departments we'll buy something.

Without CL it will be very dependant on the number of sales we can do though.

kirk buttercup

Go For Sancho , VdB and Upamenco
I would be happy with a picture of him on the pitch with Ole Holding a Scarf above his head the way they use to do it. I'm not a fan of all the videos I find them really cheesy . The Jude Bellingham was terrible

zenith

But but..... It just won't feel like
Our transfer dealings are full-blown sagas.
Guess it's about the global stature of the club. We are on par with the likes of Real and barca in terms of the interest we generate.

The likes of spurs, city, arsenal, Chelsea simply don't have that much of a global fan base to make anything a saga.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Dortmund like things done quickly & efficiently in true German fashion :) So I agree it would be early-mid August at the latest if we do sign him.

Crustanoid

That's why he will suit our attack perfectly.

Imagine Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and Sancho all roaming around? how could you lock them down?

I doubt we will play all 4 of them together much unless injuries happen or we're throwing the kitchen sink, but it would be pretty sexy.
If we sold the ineffective Bruno Fernando we can accommodate all 4 of them? Get in the blower to Ole

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
But but..... It just won't feel like

Guess it's about the global stature of the club. We are on par with the likes of Real and barca in terms of the interest we generate.

The likes of spurs, city, arsenal, Chelsea simply don't have that much of a global fan base to make anything a saga.
I agree with you but we always keep dilly-dallying and in the end pay the money that was asked or even lose the player to another team.

chilax

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully he follows in the successful footsteps of the guys you mentioned above, or not?!

laughtersassassin

My last post of the day, I think he'll join us, No Champions League or not, He's 20, I'm sure he can afford a year out of the Champions League to be honest, Also, I see Jude Bellingham has joined Borussia Dortmund, I wonder where they get the money from.....
While the Sancho deal looks like it doesn't hinge in CL the rest of our summer will as we stand to lose a shit load of money. He'll if we don't make CL we might opt not to go for Sancho as there are multiple areas that need strengthening.

CL is very important to us building for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.