Status
Not open for further replies.

DSG

Gotze - contract
Kagawa - contract
Hummels - contract
Mkhitaryan - contract
Lewandowski on a free

All these players left for cheap because they had a year left on their contract. Not because they sell for cheap. You're crazy if you think a 50m offer would get Dortmund to even blink. Sancho is as hyped up as any young player has been after Mbappe, and is having a ridiculous season. Less than £100m wont be enough, dont think theres a chance of it.

I agree we need to get him, hes a dream signing and I'd still pay the 150m or whatever itll take. The thing is though they have no reason to let go for cheaper because he has plenty of years on his contract and have no reason to sell because even in the case of a bad season, hes still English and will have teams like United spending over 80m on him. Pulisic has done ~nothing this season and Chelsea bought him for 60m. Sancho is english, younger and better than anything Pulisic has ever shown and has created the most league goals in Europe. It's going to he a premier league record transfer whether he comes this summer or next summer.
This.

Classy nutmeg of Caligiri, just playing with a decent veteran defender. Almost every attacking move for Dortmund is down that left side, with Sancho dribbling thru 4-5 defenders at times.

The only possibility in getting him this summer would be if he wants to come back to England and he pulls a Dembele... He would get a serious wage increase and endorsements bump.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
80-100 million should do it.

Dembele was a bit inflated due to Neymar money being spent on him and Coutinho and also addons and other payments.
It's really not. This guy is costing nothing less than Dembele money.

ROFLUTION

Watching Dortmund v Schalke, Sancho looks like bags of talent and great assist, but loses the ball with stupid dribbles in center of the field, where there'd be no reward if his dribbling succeeds - just 6-7 men in front of him still. This is sort of my impression from youtube videos too - That his decisions on where to dribble isnt great. That he doesnt know where his dribbles are best used. Sort of like Ronaldo at a young age.

Has this been a common thing for Sancho? Only watched 2-3 games

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Watching Dortmund v Schalke, Sancho looks like bags of talent and great assist, but loses the ball with stupid dribbles in center of the field, where there'd be no reward if his dribbling succeeds - just 6-7 men in front of him still. This is sort of my impression from youtube videos too - That his decisions on where to dribble isnt great. That he doesnt know where his dribbles are best used. Sort of like Ronaldo at a young age.

Don’t really know,you’ve made an assessment based on exactly what most of the caf have yet they want us to get him at all costs!!!

Fridge chutney

That derby is a very intense one. Not excusing it but the tension is high in this match.
Did not realize it was a derby! Interesting. Dortmund had 2 players sent off including Reus. Looks like they lost the league. Quite a match in the end.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've grown sceptical over who would be a good signing but this kid I can't see being anything other than a success should we pull it off

DSG

I’ve watched about 20 Dortmund matches this year. He can sacrifice possession for breaking down the defense. Classic winger approach a la Giggs or a young Ronaldo. More talented than Martial with a better engine. Will track back.

Classical Mechanic

The stats say that he was only dispossessed twice and had 2 unsuccessful dribbles, which isn't a high amount for a player of his type, around average and about the same as Messi per game. He completed 7 dribbles which is at the higher end for a player of his type. Zaha is the worst in Europe's top 5 leagues with 4.3 dispossessions per game and 3.7 unsuccessful touches.

I haven't noticed him dribbling in dangerous areas when I've watched him. Didn't see the game today but they were down a couple of players for a fair chunk of the game, less options perhaps? He also has an 85% pass conpletion rate in the BL and 88% in the CL which is high for wingers/inside forwards. There's only Sterling at 86% that's higher than him in the 20 top rated players as wingers/inside forwards on whoscored this season. Ronaldo is at 85% too.

Overall I'd say ball retention is a strong point for him.

ROFLUTION

I’ve watched about 20 Dortmund matches this year. He can sacrifice possession for breaking down the defense. Classic winger approach a la Giggs or a young Ronaldo. More talented than Martial with a better engine. Will track back.
It just seems completely ridiculous to do it in the middle of the field, where a dangerous counter could happen, and no benefit for Dortmund would come out of this. Or does there usually come something out of it?

I guess dribbling all the time makes your skill as a dribler better, but it also looks like bad decision making/immaturity to me.

ROFLUTION

The stats say that he was only dispossessed twice and had 2 unsuccessful dribbles, which isn't a high amount for a player of his type, around average and about the same as Messi per game. He completed 7 dribbles which is at the higher end for a player of his type. Zaha is the worst in Europe's top 5 leagues with 4.3 dispossessions per game and 3.7 unsuccessful touches.

I haven't noticed him dribbling in dangerous areas when I've watched him. Didn't see the game today but they were down a couple of players for a fair chunk of the game, less options perhaps? He also has an 85% pass conpletion rate in the BL and 88% in the CL which is high for wingers/inside forwards. There's only Sterling at 86% that's higher than him in the 20 top rated players as wingers/inside forwards on whoscored this season. Ronaldo is at 85% too.

Alright, maybe I just caught him on an off day. Was before the red card though.

DSG

Was not aware of those stats... Seems to confirm the eye test.

Funny thing is, he’s listed as a RW, but spends just as much time on the LW. The dribbling thru the center from the LW is natural when playing inverted.

Classical Mechanic

Was not aware of those stats... Seems to confirm the eye test.

Funny thing is, he’s listed as a RW, but spends just as much time on the LW. The dribbling thru the center from the LW is natural when playing inverted.
If you look at successful dribbles per 90 minutes, he's the 8th best in Europe's top 5 leagues this season.

1. Traore - 6.6 completed
2. Boufal - 6.2 completed
3. Ben Arfa - 5.4 completed
4. Messi - 4.5 completed
5. Saint Maxin - 4.5 completed
6. Atal - 4 completed
7. Hazard - 4 completed
8. Sancho - 3.9 completed

Of course you can point to the German league being easier than the English league but Hazard actually completed less dribbles in France than he does in England.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The sort of player who could transform our attack. We need somebody who can hold and carry the ball without pooing themselves as soon as a defender gets close.

His assist today was magestic.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you look at successful dribbles per 90 minutes, he's the 8th best in Europe's top 5 leagues this season.

1. Traore - 6.6 completed
2. Boufal - 6.2 completed
3. Ben Arfa - 5.4 completed
4. Messi - 4.5 completed
5. Saint Maxin - 4.5 completed
6. Atal - 4 completed
7. Hazard - 4 completed
8. Sancho - 3.9 completed

Of course you can point to the German league being easier than the English league but Hazard actually completed less dribbles in France than he does in England.
Messi’s useless isn’t he? Only 4th? Can’t see the fuss over the guy myself

Hulksmash

The only way he will move is, if an offer comes, which Dortmund cant reject. 150 Million Pounds or something like this

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We should do everything in our power to sign this kid and De Ligt this summer.

The type of talent that could turn the tide for us.
The phrase too good to be true comes to mind but I agree. Both appear to be about as close to dead certs as you can get

The Nani

Dembele has been linked with Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City in recent weeks but, asked whether he could leave in the summer, sporting director Michael Zorc told Die Welt: "No way.

"What we've seen [from him] was extraordinary, both in his value for team and his development.

"You always get the feeling he can do something special, make the difference. He can decide games by himself, even those games he's not really involved in."

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

It's a winger-thing. Being annoyed at the self-indulgence/ wastefulness is part of the deal.

Toad

We are surely in for a right winger. Solskjaer will sign young players. He is English. No matter what Dortmund brief to the press, I am confident we will throw a lot of money at this one even if there is only a small chance, I doubt the club will let an opportunity like this pass without trying their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.