Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

Why would Dortmund not sell him? What’s the point in them keeping him? Especially at that kind of money. It’s what they live for.

passing-wind

I'd take Sancho here but I don't think he has a higher ceiling than Dembele and is somewhat overrated. I doubt the fee needed would reflect that.

At the time Ousmane left Dortmund, some even preferred him to Mbappe. He was hands down the best youth prospect in world football, they both (kylian) come across as generational talents. Sancho is performing well domestically but doesn't really seem like a world level player (something to be taken into consideration irrespective of his age grouping), his statistics are good but so was Kagawa's and Mkhitaryan's.

It's obviously worth testing Dortmund's resolve, but anything over 110 million would be ludicrous.

Patrick08

It just seems completely ridiculous to do it in the middle of the field, where a dangerous counter could happen, and no benefit for Dortmund would come out of this. Or does there usually come something out of it?

I guess dribbling all the time makes your skill as a dribler better, but it also looks like bad decision making/immaturity to me.
It's totally true and German football experts and his coaches have pointed this out too. It's too much of a risk spending that big on a kid who have to adapt to English league and i doubt he will take at least a year here to produce the kind of form united demand right now. In my personal view he needs a year more in Dortmund before we can talk about what a great player he will be and bring him here for the level of investment this kid will come for from Dortmund. A huge price tag, massive responsibility, in a most physical league with a team who is under tremendous pressure lacking character and chemistry and hoping him to come and deliver straight away is asking too much which he will fail to deliver for at least a year to be honest.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Money talks, they said exactly the same with Dembele.
Until Sancho demands a transfer and boycotts training to force it, the situations aren't really alike.
Why would Dortmund not sell him? What’s the point in them keeping him? Especially at that kind of money. It’s what they live for.
Because they're an actual football club, aiming for on-the-pitch success in three competitions next season, and can still sell him at a later point?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
They are a selling club, always have been and players do all sorts of things when big clubs are offering to quadruple their wages.
As I said, when Sancho does the same, the situation might be comparable. I don't expect that though, but who knows.

Cliche Guevara

Until Sancho demands a transfer and boycotts training to force it, the situations aren't really alike.

Because they're an actual football club, aiming for on-the-pitch success in three competitions next season, and can still sell him at a later point?
Dortmund?

Don’t make me laugh.

In Rainbows

It's totally true and German football experts and his coaches have pointed this out too. It's too much of a risk spending that big on a kid who have to adapt to English league and i doubt he will take at least a year here to produce the kind of form united demand right now. In my personal view he needs a year more in Dortmund before we can talk about what a great player he will be and bring him here for the level of investment this kid will come for from Dortmund. A huge price tag, massive responsibility, in a most physical league with a team who is under tremendous pressure lacking character and chemistry and hoping him to come and deliver straight away is asking too much which he will fail to deliver for at least a year to be honest.
I don't know, would we demand the world from him? We currently have no production on our right side so anything on that right side will be seen as a big upgrade on our current standards.

And what does it mean to be a kid in regards to skill/readynes? How do I put this. Which player is out there that is producing as well as Sancho is? Why is it that that player can translate once bought, but not Sancho? Bruno Fernandes is a great example. He's currently playing in a much easier league. Is it just his age that will allow him to perform better in the PL than Sancho?

There will always be risks.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
What, one with an opinion different to yours?
Why should anyone take that as a serious opinion?

Dortmund?

Don’t make me laugh.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dortmund won't win the league nor the Champions League next season with or without Sancho. They will just be delaying the inevitable for respectability sake.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Dortmund won't win the league nor the Champions League next season with or without Sancho. They will just be delaying the inevitable for respectability sake.
I said "aiming for success", not "winning".

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Sancho will play on the right, Greenwood in front, Gomes behind, Rashford through the middle and Martial on the left. :devil:

Tarrou

He's definitely available at the right price.

Dortmund don't need to sell and it's unlikely his value will drop if they hold onto him another season though - so that price is going to be massive.

Scholsey2004

On a less positive note do we see Sancho fancying a move here right now? We're a much worse team with much more pressure and we're about to lose by far our best outfield player. There's also no successful senior forward player like Marco Reus to take his lead from here.

Loublaze

ATLien
On a less positive note do we see Sancho fancying a move here right now? We're a much worse team with much more pressure and we're about to lose by far our best outfield player. There's also no successful senior forward player like Marco Reus to take his lead from here.
Money talks, unless he has other serious suitors.

Scholsey2004

Money talks, unless he has other serious suitors.
Mahrez and sane rumoured to want out of city. Anyone would want to sign him anyway, not just English sides. I really hope we do get him but we're not in a strong position right now.

DSG

Dembele basically went on strike when Barca came calling. Didn’t show up for training, etc. They had no choice.

The Germans tend to sell only when they have some sort of backup plan. Or, the deal gets done and the player is loaned back (Keita, Pulisic).

I really wish we could get him this summer.

Would you sell Pogba to bring him in?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dembele basically went on strike when Barca came calling. Didn’t show up for training, etc. They had no choice.

The Germans tend to sell only when they have some sort of backup plan. Or, the deal gets done and the player is loaned back (Keita, Pulisic).

I really wish we could get him this summer.

Would you sell Pogba to bring him in?
That’s not how to go about building a top side.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
You’re not Zorc, I am more concerned with what he said.
I know I'm not Zorc, your post just read like a direct answer to the exchange immediately before. If that wasn't the case, my bad.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I wouldn't fancy a move here, with the potential for wasted precious development years. But we don't know if he really wants to be around his mates. He has good mates at both City and United so would be pretty perfect for him in that respect. That plus a shed load of cash could be quite tempting for a 19 year old.

ROFLUTION

My concerns are the same basically. Ideally we would sign him and lend him to Dortmund for a year to become Mbappe level, as others probably will be before us in the queue next year. Just would be a huge outlay for loaning a player out and blocking here and now results (other transfers). No great way to go about it basically.

Suv666

My concerns are the same basically. Ideally we would sign him and lend him to Dortmund for a year to become Mbappe level, as others probably will be before us in the queue next year. Just would be a huge outlay for loaning a player out and blocking here and now results (other transfers). No great way to go about it basically.
Yeah there is no way we're spending 100+ just to loan him out. He could defo struggle for a bit but its now or never. If he has another season like this, there would be a bidding war for him and we would be outclassed if the likes of Real and Barca come in for him. Its either this window or never. I reckon we should take the risk, if he makes it we might have an exceptional player on our hands, the best since Ronaldo.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I think it's better for all parties if he gets one more season at Dortmund at least. He's a kid, he's had 1 excellent season, playing in a team that clearly works well for him. His production isn't dissimilar from a certain Armenian who used to basically provide the same role at the same club, and had 1 stand out season before making the jump to bigger and better things.

I think, especially if you go back and look at the transfer forums, there is no shortage of must-have players with 1 year of greatness in their young careers.

With that price tag, he'd instantly need to be one of the best players in whatever league he goes to, and I'm just not sure there's enough evidence to suggest that will happen.

I'd much rather see us spend that kind of money on replacing 2 or 3 players with relatively proven if less exciting options.

Scholsey2004

Yeah there is no way we're spending 100+ just to loan him out. He could defo struggle for a bit but its now or never. If he has another season like this, there would be a bidding war for him and we would be outclassed if the likes of Real and Barca come in for him. Its either this window or never. I reckon we should take the risk, if he makes it we might have an exceptional player on our hands, the best since Ronaldo.
Yeah. People talking about us backing off for a year seem to be presuming that everyone else will as well. This is how you miss out on top talents. It's not like this kid appeared from nowhere and everyone's scrambling to make an assessment. The words out already and has been for a long time.

Aloysius's Back 3

I think it's better for all parties if he gets one more season at Dortmund at least. He's a kid, he's had 1 excellent season, playing in a team that clearly works well for him. His production isn't dissimilar from a certain Armenian who used to basically provide the same role at the same club, and had 1 stand out season before making the jump to bigger and better things.

I think, especially if you go back and look at the transfer forums, there is no shortage of must-have players with 1 year of greatness in their young careers.

With that price tag, he'd instantly need to be one of the best players in whatever league he goes to, and I'm just not sure there's enough evidence to suggest that will happen.

I'd much rather see us spend that kind of money on replacing 2 or 3 players with relatively proven if less exciting options.
I used to feel worried about dortmund players and as you said mkhitarayan came from there & didn't exactly succeed here.

However, I've started to feel that our team has missed mkhitarayan - and whilst he did struggle here; I wouldn't say that he was completely useless here either.

Now I want that player & whether he comes from dortmund or not doesn't bother me - especially when the lad is endhlish and already rated quite highly for his age too.

Sterling Archer

I used to feel worried about dortmund players and as you said mkhitarayan came from there & didn't exactly succeed here.

However, I've started to feel that our team has missed mkhitarayan - and whilst he did struggle here; I wouldn't say that he was completely useless here either.

Now I want that player & whether he comes from dortmund or not doesn't bother me - especially when the lad is endhlish and already rated quite highly for his age too.
Just shows you how bad our players have been.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is absolutely perfect for us. However I now have my doubts about whether we can pull this one off. It would take a monster fee and we don't even have CL fee to offer. The positivity surrounding the club has also taken a dip do I'm not sure we're all that enticing right now for an elite talent. Let's just hope we don't have competition as rich as us, and that he willing to move.

In Rainbows

He is absolutely perfect for us. However I now have my doubts about whether we can pull this one off. It would take a monster fee and we don't even have CL fee to offer. The positivity surrounding the club has also taken a dip do I'm not sure we're all that enticing right now for an elite talent. Let's just hope we don't have competition as rich as us, and that he willing to move.
I don't think he would care about CL as much. I don't think young players in that age bracket care. It's players that are older that should care because they only have a limited time at the top level and thus want to give themselves more of a chance at bringing home their career's highlight moment. I think he cares about playing time and maybe he thinks Dortmund is better for that. Who knows.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think he would care about CL as much. I don't think young players in that age bracket care. It's players that are older that should care because they only have a limited time at the top level and thus want to give themselves more of a chance at bringing home their career's highlight moment. I think he cares about playing time and maybe he thinks Dortmund is better for that. Who knows.
That's true. His age helps in that regard. I think he'd have no problem starting for us as well.

SiRed

Massive place for him in our side on the right wing, it basically there for the taking. He wouldn't get that at any other linked club. So basically guaranteed starter for one of the world biggest clubs who can only really go one way from where we are now.... i'd say he would love to come here.
Dortmund do seem to do well with developing wide forwards..... perhaps we could send them chong for a 2 year loan as part of the deal, let them develop him for us.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Massive place for him in our side on the right wing, it basically there for the taking. He wouldn't get that at any other linked club. So basically guaranteed starter for one of the world biggest clubs who can only really go one way from where we are now.... i'd say he would love to come here.
Dortmund do seem to do well with developing wide forwards..... perhaps we could send them chong for a 2 year loan as part of the deal, let them develop him for us.
You guys really have zero respect for Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.