Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

I really can’t agree with this! I saw Mark Goldbridge tweet if you are against, you are fore Glaziers, and if for you are pro Man Utd. Honestly, I’ve just got a financial advice from my bank today, saying they don’t think the economy will fluctuate more than 0,5% the next 30 years. We don’t know the ins and out of this deal. And probably Sancho could generate more income than expenses. But the truth is we are in the middle of the second COVID 19 wave. I don’t think he is a 120 million player, but I only seen him play this year. All games since Christmas. We need more than Sancho. We need squad depth! And if they hold us to ransom, we have to take the sensible route! It’s both our loss, because Dortmund are hovering their losses with no crowds. It’s a gamble for them to. But to brake our bank reaching our long term goal? I say feck them and feck Sancho! But I don’t think we are done yet
Sancho has proven to be more than an 120 mil player though.

Only he and Messi both had 20G+A in a season.

His best bundesliga season and 20 is better than KDBs

KDB 3000+ minutes 30 G+a

Sancho 2200 minutes 33 G+A at 20 years of age. Do you know how insane that is?

120 mil in installments is not crazy. It's a shit load of money but hell the only player his age group he is behind is Mbappe. After that he is head and shoulders above the rest.

vodrake

Always with this "Brief" business, just because a couple of journos both say it's on or off at the same time!
I mean they could be piggybacking off each other, but 3-4 journalists posting almost exactly the same comment with almost identical phrasing within a few minutes of each other does suggest they've been told something

mu4c_20le

Well when they have a history of being briefed and them always parroting what seems to fall in line with the narrative that would best suit Woodward. Then most of the time it looks like they’ve been briefed.
In this case its probably one journo asked a club official and got that reply. We think it's still on.

tjb

TBH, i think it will happen, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. If we don't have the finances to meet Dortmund's demands due to covid 19 and trying to make other important signings, so be it. Grealish is still a very viable option. We can buy him and hold off on sancho till next summer if we feel its important by that time. We were all clamouring for Woodward stand firm on signings, yet too many people are treating this transfer like an end all be all situation. It's not.

kkengvib

Also mentioned this in the transfer tweets thread but I'll put it here as well.
Michael Zorc said the exact same thing about Dembele and he moved to Barcelona in that same summer. Make of that what you will.

He said " "Ousmane Dembele has a long-term contract. There are no negotiations. Dembele will play for BVB in the coming season."

In that same summer he said " "We have made our ideas quite clear to them, either Barcelona meets them or they do not." and "They don't need to make another bid. We mean what we say."

Just gamesmanship from both sides imo

flappyjay

I have no issue with the club not giving into dortmunds demands. The club is trying to make deals whilst also managing a pandemic. Arsenal have released about 55 employees. If we make mistakes we could end up doing the same, I would rather we take care of our own.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The fact we've briefed that this is still ongoing has convinced me this'll happen eventually and before the season starts

IM BACK ON BOARD

Infra-red

Michael Zorc said the exact same thing about Dembele and he moved to Barcelona in that same summer. Make of that what you will.

He said " "Ousmane Dembele has a long-term contract. There are no negotiations. Dembele will play for BVB in the coming season."

In that same summer he said " "We have made our ideas quite clear to them, either Barcelona meets them or they do not." and "They don't need to make another bid. We mean what we say."

Nobody thinks it's dead. If we pay the money (that we've so far been unwilling/unable to pay) then he'll surely be ours. The question is, will we suddenly decide to pay the money?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Shot ourselves in the foot with the Maguire deal I suspect. Didn’t we pay that transfer outright?
I'm not clued up on the Maguire deal, tbh. From what I recall, we did spend a large amount upfront, but not sure it was the whole amount.

But the Maguire deal, at the price we got him for, was always going to have impact on us going forward. £28m more for Sancho? From Dortmund's POV, we're taking the piss negotiating.
Partially but from what I understand it's also a way to have total control of negotiations, iirc they are using Lichtsteiner again and he is basically their man without actually being their man, they control the pace of negotiations and you can't accelerate things or take short cuts outside of agreeing with their terms.
Like the Borg?

Ace of Spades

I don't care what they say, if anyone comes up with the money then Dortmund will let Sancho go. The problem is coming up with that money in the current climate, when there is so much uncertainty is not easy.

If it happens great, if not then move on quickly to get some other option. There is still a lot of time, but if they are not budging then hopefully we move on, and not leave it so late that we get no player at all.

Rolaholic

This has been brought up a bunch of times but you still have half the thread buying hook line and sinker and panicking over whatever Dortmund have been selling when they've literally just been breaking out their greatest transfer window hits back to back :lol:

All while there's been zero noise from United's side to suggest that they've walked away, been quite the opposite in that they do believe a deal can be struck and are still working on it. A far cry from the Dybala and Griezmann saga's where they briefed early on when they were out

macheda14

He said the same with Auba and then sold him BUT both Dembele and Aubameyang threw their toys out of the pram.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
3 things I take from this thread:

1. A really odd melancholy and negativity from so many posters. Is that Transfer Letdown Fatigue Syndrome or something?

2. People thinking the buyer has more say than the seller of a highly coveted asset.

3. Lack of gifs. :(

Beaucoup

We should tell the greedy German bastards to feck right off, after all, any decent wide player would be a huge upgrade on Dan James.

laughtersassassin

We should tell the greedy German bastards to feck right off, after all, any decent wide player would be a huge upgrade on Dan James.
Yeah Ed should not buy Oles top target for two summers and buy any decent player because of a pissing contest. FFS lad Sancho is worth big money he is their player what do you all expect?

Them to bend over?

Gazza

October 5th may be the transfer deadline day, but to get a signing in before the beginning of the season should always be the target. If we are still in the negotiating/haggling phase by the time the season starts (September 12th I think?) then I'd be disappointed and very skeptical of it happening at all.

croadyman

What do we think about Utd's claim that Dortmund are actually the ones slowing this deal down

peridigm

Only working on one player at a time is a dangerous game and a double edged sword. If we don’t haggle for Sancho, how do we haggle for the other targets. If we bring in the other targets first, that just reaffirms to Dortmund that we have money and they still won’t budge.

el3mel

I see Ed has started briefing the media as usual. After seeing the same saga 100 hundred times I honestly can't get excited about it anymore. All our signings are like this.

FatherWolff

Sancho has proven to be more than an 120 mil player though.

Only he and Messi both had 20G+A in a season.

His best bundesliga season and 20 is better than KDBs

KDB 3000+ minutes 30 G+a

Sancho 2200 minutes 33 G+A at 20 years of age. Do you know how insane that is?

120 mil in installments is not crazy. It's a shit load of money but hell the only player his age group he is behind is Mbappe. After that he is head and shoulders above the rest.
Sorry, I do not agree! His stats is not just on him, but the stats of the team. But like I’ve said. I’ve only followed Dortmund closely this last year. Instalment is all ok. But what are the state of the market, and how many player do we need? Do we kick on with Lingard and Pereira?

Status
Not open for further replies.