Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That is actually the first time I heard of this. Not saying that this is not necessarily true but I was always under the impression that this deal was negotiated on a very high level as Stade Rennes owner Pinault is the son of the patriach of the Pinault familly who in turn owns Puma, which is not only the shirt sponsor but also a major share holder of Borussia Dortmund. This connection was my primary explanation for the very good terms Dortmund signed Dembele for.
The deal was eventually fixed by Pinault but all the nonsense that happened before was due to Dortmund trying to use a gentlemen agreement that Rennes and Dembélé had together but wasn't legally binding that would have seen him leave for 5m, in the mean time Rennes were trying to force Dembélé to sign a new gentlemen agreement. Then Dortmund refused to talk with both Rennes and Dembélé directly and do things through Lichtsteiner and Moussa Sissoko, Dembélé ditched his agent for Moussa Sissoko, Rennes(Ruello) and Dortmund were stuck and that's when Pinault bypassed the clubs channels because he is Pinault and gives money to both clubs, so no one is going to not talk to him.

And funny detail after Pinault's intervention Dembélé sacked his new agent and signed a new contract with Dortmund with his former and new agent.

Infestissumam

Dortmund pounding the table for a deal before August 10 and us then being frustrated by their lack of pace is comedy gold :lol: silly season truly is here.

Amarsdd

For me its clear or at least I'm confident the fee is agreed, it's just the structure of the fee (upfront, installments, add-ons etc) holding it up. As a deal is being hatched up by the intermediaries, the clubs' PR teams are trying to one up each other to make it look they got the better deal.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The briefings about Sancho’s wage demands being too high are so odd. If Dortmund are asking for too much money and we aren’t willing to match Sancho’s demands then what exactly are we doing? What’s the point of all these stories? There’s no deal.

James_42

I thought personal terms with Sancho had already been agreed? Not liking these recent briefs to the media.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
So many people have a lot to learn about muppetry and rollercoaster ride it is. Embrace it.

ash_86

I don't think for a second we will be paying more than 200k base for Sancho. Also i'd trust Fabrizio more than any other journo when he says that we have no issues with Personal terms.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Sancho is reported to be on 190K per week at Dortmund so if United aren't willing to pay him more than 200-250K then you're not exactly giving him a lot of incentive to move this summer.

An underrated aspect of this whole saga is that it is in Sancho's interest to move at a time when many clubs are in for him and therefore there might be more of a bidding war for him in terms of wages. Barcelona handed De Jong like 400K euro per week last summer. De Ligt reportedly could earn up to 400K per week if he hits certain bonus benchmarks. Sancho should be able to do a lot better than 200-250K per week if there is a competitive market for his services.

Reactions: Fortitude

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I thought personal terms with Sancho had already been agreed? Not liking these recent briefs to the media.
I think the issue might be with Sancho's agent fees if I have to speculate. That + the agent fees for the Dortmund negotiations make things tougher for us.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Sancho is reported to be on 190K per week at Dortmund so if United aren't willing to pay him more than 200-250K then you're not exactly giving him a lot of incentive to move this summer.

An underrated aspect of this whole saga is that it is in Sancho's interest to move at a time when many clubs are in for him and therefore there might be more of a bidding war for him in terms of wages. Barcelona handed De Jong like 400K euro per week last summer. De Ligt reportedly could earn up to 400K per week if he hits certain bonus benchmarks. Sancho should be able to do a lot better than 200-250K per week if there is a competitive market for his services.
That is just pure speculation.

Rolaholic

Hmmm wonder what these demands are
The terms details that were reported a few weeks back didn't have him making more than Rashford or Martial though if I remember correctly. It had him being on 250k per week just like them.

el3mel

I don't think for a second we will be paying more than 200k base for Sancho. Also i'd trust Fabrizio more than any other journo when he says that we have no issues with Personal terms.
The English media are reporting the same thing so this is Ed's typical briefing, not sources or anything to trust one over the other. Not the first time we see him briefing.

Alemar

It would be good to receive concrete information on what exactly is on the table from Man Utd side (in terms of exact amount and structure of the offer). Otherwise, it’s simply speculation - we don’t know any details (and it’s quite obvious people on Twitter don’t know it either)

Infra-red

No, they haven't. That has all come from the German end apparently (presumably to put pressure on United).

Wages not agreed and Dortmund want more up front than we are willing to offer. That's the current situation.

croadyman

It would be good to receive concrete information on what exactly is on the table from Man Utd side (in terms of exact amount and structure of the offer). Otherwise, it’s simply speculation - we don’t know any details (and it’s quite obvious people on Twitter don’t know it either)
Would be very surprised if that kind of information got leaked out anywhere

ash_86

The English media are reporting the same thing so this is Ed's typical briefing, not sources or anything to trust one over the other. Not the first time we see him briefing.
Exactly. That's why Ducker's article carry very little value over Fabrizo who isn't usually a mouth piece and says as it is.

laughtersassassin

Sorry, I do not agree! His stats is not just on him, but the stats of the team. But like I’ve said. I’ve only followed Dortmund closely this last year. Instalment is all ok. But what are the state of the market, and how many player do we need? Do we kick on with Lingard and Pereira?
Ah so your a troll then. Lingard and Pereira........

Woodzy

Are we the only club that briefs the press in regards to our stance on transfers? Maybe I just don't pay attention to other clubs enough, but it seems to always be us.

Withnail

Oh, so you are going to take a cut from the deal or you are not United supporter otherwise I don't see point in your comment except you are trying to look smart.
You're the one claiming the club should never be taken for mugs again or whatever 'pity games' means.

I'm saying it's business and the deal is still on regardless of whatever nonsense is spouted to the press.

United havent walked away from the deal so I'm not sure what you're praising Woodward for exactly.

VanGaalEra

If this was dead, we wouldn’t be briefing we still want this to happen, no way! We’d have briefed we walked away and cited financial reasons.

I know, it’s not like we’ve had 7 years of United failing to do what is required in the transfer market or anything.
The failure has not been in buying the players we wanted, just that those players were in no way right for the club. Lukaku, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria Schneiderlain, Depay all day hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.