Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

No, they haven't. That has all come from the German end apparently (presumably to put pressure on United).

Wages not agreed and Dortmund want more up front than we are willing to offer. That's the current situation.
God I wish we would just pay up front what they want,however they aren't helping the situation with those intermediaries which is probably getting Utd's back up

matys

Can this surpass Pogba's transfer thread in terms of pages/replies? If it drags on for another month or longer I'd say we're on course to make it.

Also, Vidal thread had 647 pages, how? I have zero recollection of it. I remember Ozil, Sneijder or Van Persie sagas, but for some reasons Vidal never happened in my mind.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sancho is reported to be on 190K per week at Dortmund so if United aren't willing to pay him more than 200-250K then you're not exactly giving him a lot of incentive to move this summer.

An underrated aspect of this whole saga is that it is in Sancho's interest to move at a time when many clubs are in for him and therefore there might be more of a bidding war for him in terms of wages. Barcelona handed De Jong like 400K euro per week last summer. De Ligt reportedly could earn up to 400K per week if he hits certain bonus benchmarks. Sancho should be able to do a lot better than 200-250K per week if there is a competitive market for his services.
I would seriously doubt if he is on 190k per week. Last time I checked De Jong is on 16m per year with 10m base. That's roughly 100-120k base salary .

In other words, that was a BS post.

RuudTom83

I how his salary demands are not getting silly!

United should learn and start progressing with any other deals they wish to make this summer.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
That is just pure speculation.
Transfer sagas always pretty much pure speculation!

I have no clue what United are offering Sancho. But I think the basic point remains that Sancho's camp probably knows that they will get offers in the 300-400K per week range next summer if they have 3-4 big clubs trying to sign him. He doesn't have much incentive to take less than that right now.

acnumber9

The failure has not been in buying the players we wanted, just that those players were in no way right for the club. Lukaku, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria Schneiderlain, Depay all day hi.
That’s just part of the failure. We only have to look at our last signing to see the other failure. We spent last summer briefing that Bruno Fernandes wasn’t good enough or worth the fee. The summer before that we did the same with Harry Maguire. Woodward is a joke.

Infra-red

God I wish we would just pay up front what they want,however they aren't helping the situation with those intermediaries which is probably getting Utd's back up
We likely cannot afford it. We need to get Dortmund to agree to a payment structure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
October 5th may be the transfer deadline day, but to get a signing in before the beginning of the season should always be the target. If we are still in the negotiating/haggling phase by the time the season starts (September 12th I think?) then I'd be disappointed and very skeptical of it happening at all.
It's funny, we always moan about the current management and the slowness of the big deals, but it's often been like this.

I remember us signing Yorke a few days before the first game back in 98 or so. But back then there wasn't this forum pouring over every single aspect of it.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I would seriously doubt if he is on 190k per week. Last time I checked De Jong is on 16m per year with 10m base. That's roughly 100-120k base salary .

In other words, that was a BS post.
Google Sancho+wages and you will find many stories reporting the 190K per week figure. Believe what you want.

sport2793

Sancho is reported to be on 190K per week at Dortmund so if United aren't willing to pay him more than 200-250K then you're not exactly giving him a lot of incentive to move this summer.
I suppose as an Arsenal fan you can relate to this pretty well.

swred

I wonder if Sancho’s cheering on his new team for next season tonight?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That is just pure speculation.
It is also wrong, 190k (I sincerly that this Euro and not Pound as that would be even more unrealistic) is 10,5 Mil. € per year. There are only two players at Dortmund who are on that kind of money: Reus and Hummels. Sancho would appearantly be on this kind of money if he would have signed a new maximum length deal in the Spring.

Claims that Dortmund would raise Sanchos salary for the next season were by the way also denied by Zorc today.

Reiver

I want Sancho at the club but not at any cost. We've just got rid of our most costly mistake ever and if Dortmund are willing to pass on such a windfall in terms of transfer fees then let's just move on. Feck them. We've other areas of the team/squad that need attention, not to mention alternatives to Sancho. If it's not going to happen, let's stop dicking around with Sancho.

Zen86

Bizarre transfer saga, what’s the point in these stupid games. Would Dortmund be pulling this shit if Real came knocking?

Castia

The good news is we seem to be briefing about not giving up. When the deal seems dead we usually brief a load of bollocks about not signing the player.

Castia

Bizarre transfer saga, what’s the point in these stupid games. Would Dortmund be pulling this shit if Real came knocking?
Yeah they always do this. Did the same to Barce with Dembele.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What i've learnt for the umpteenth time is that the journos, the people ITK, the twitter insiders know Absolutely Nothing about the Negotiations. They are all speculating for clicks.
Before today these same people were like a deal will happen, An offer has ben submitted, then it hasn't. Sancho contract expires in 2 years, now we know it is 3 years. United have agreed terms with Sancho etc.
Now I'm reading this thread and redcafe members are still taking these same people comments as gospel e.g Woodward tried to negotiate, blame game etc.
When will members learn that these journos are just making excuses for clicks and to cover their own backs for being wrong and speculating this whole time.
Redcafe members shouldn't have a meltdown over this especially when you are getting upset with journos "explaining/excuses" as to why it failed.....because they do not have a clue at all and just speculating. Don't believe everything you read!!
Totally agree with you!

Years and years ago, fans knew nothing about a transfer until it was announced on late evening TV news. Out of the blue, it would be announced that Ron Atkinson had broken the transfer record by signing Bryan Robson or Alex Ferguson had signed Teddy Sheringham.

3G and social media changed all of that and created a niche industry based solely on transfer rumour and speculation, even providing full time employment for many people and Sky TV's deadline day programme has become an annual cultural event. This leads to the idiocy of a youtube fan channel having a 30 minute interview with a journalist on what he thinks are United transfer plans, wannabe ITK's like Fabrizio Romano who are actually just doing guesswork by stalking agents, and MSM football journalists who don't even know critical and foundational facts like the length of an existing contract, falsely reporting that player terms are agreed.

As you point out, 95% of what is reported is guesswork and mostly false. And fans whom are enjoined by social media get sucked in and react to this. What should just be a fun pastime to entertain football fans during the football-less summer months, but it seems many get over invested and take it far too seriously, leading to slander, abuse and other threatening behaviour towards club CEO's and financiers.

Suedesi

@TsuWave

I think @Clermontois is right.

Look at what Bayern paid for Leroy Sane', Serge Gnabry, Kingsley Coman. Even Perisic on loan. There's other players, solutions for the right wing if the club is willing to look further.

The price set by Borussia Dortmund is ridiculously expensive. They bought him for peanuts and want to book in a ridiculous profit. COVID has to affect the finances of the club.

Infra-red

Do you reckon we will do that,surely getting Sanchez off the wage bill would make it easier to afford him.
The main problem seems to be the upfront fee that Dortmund are demanding. Getting rid of Sanchez saves us c. £20m a year from the wage bill, but if Dortmund wants £80m+ up front, then we need to find that cash from somewhere. We already owe £185m in outstanding fees, all due in the next 12 months...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
@TsuWave

Look at what Bayern paid for Leroy Sane', Serge Gnabry, Kingsley Coman. Even Perisic on loan. There's other players, solutions for the right wing if the club is willing to look further.

The price set by Borussia Dortmund is ridiculously expensive. They bought him for peanuts and want to book in a ridiculous profit. COVID has to affect the finances of the club.
Perisic Vs Sancho. It's like shifting focus from Mbappe to Cuadrado.

Zen86

I want Sancho at the club but not at any cost. We've just got rid of our most costly mistake ever and if Dortmund are willing to pass on such a windfall in terms of transfer fees then let's just move on. Feck them. We've other areas of the team/squad that need attention, not to mention alternatives to Sancho. If it's not going to happen, let's stop dicking around with Sancho.
This is one of the problems we’ve made for ourselves. Once we say we want someone, we’ll more often than not go after them at any cost. We don’t walk away and go after an alternative, but it’s something we need to do so clubs will take us seriously and realise we have a breaking point.

Beaucoup

Yeah Ed should not buy Oles top target for two summers and buy any decent player because of a pissing contest. FFS lad Sancho is worth big money he is their player what do you all expect?

Them to bend over?
[/QUOTE

If only football worked that way

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is one of the problems we’ve made for ourselves. Once we say we want someone, we’ll more often than not go after them at any cost. We don’t walk away and go after an alternative, but it’s something we need to do so clubs will take us seriously and realise we have a breaking point.
I don't disagree but wouldn't apply it to signing players like Sancho, Rooney Rio erc.

TsuWave

@TsuWave

Ok you guys think £70M is a fair valuation for Sancho. Dortmund thinks otherwise, and in Dortmund's position, I'd think the same as them

Status
Not open for further replies.