Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Feels like it's SanchON! It's just 10 million more. But I think this will hit our ability to strengthen other areas and also gives selling teams the evil thought that United will pay pre-Covid prices if they hold their positions.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Ole pressuring the board to spend? it's so on
where are all the OleOut critics (I won’t call them supporters) with their allegations that OGS is just a Glazer patsy???

This is the class of our manager. Knowing how to make a clear point to his bosses, without offending them or burning bridges. He impresses me more and more as every week passes.

Last edited:

Chief123

Know it’s frowned upon but might have something for the hard core muppets to feed on. I don’t usually post here and the only time I’ve come out with something like this was mhkitaryan which ended up true (check if you want). Although I take this one with a pinch of salt compared to the last time I’ve ever heard something which was nailed on.

A close friend of mine who I met through my golfing years works for a company based in Ireland who supply teams with GPS training gear, has been told by someone high up at Nike that Sancho will definitely head to united and it’s pretty much a done deal. Same guy also said in November time last year that he had a meeting with Sancho’s agent Emeka obasi to discuss a deal with the company and when negotiating why Sancho should receive more dollar from the deal his agent said he’d be coming back to the prem the following summer.

As I said I don’t post here often and when I’ve done so in the past it proved right. Albeit this time round its coming from a mate. But yeah, I’ve got a good feeling we’re gonna get him unless we royally feck this up which Woodward is very capable of doing.
I couldn’t give a shit who your mate is or how reliable he is, I’m happy to go with this.

WPMUFC

Ole!!! I hope he keeps putting out messages like this.
Also lines up with that other article of "limited but high quality signings over just buying multiple players". What I'm quite happy to hear, now directly from the gaffer, is that the money seems to be available? He's not going to talk about "quality expensive signings" if we had 20-40 million to spend right? So I really hope it's a matter of structure more than outright price for Sancho and we don't have to walk away. SanchON!!!! :devil:

RUCK4444

where are all the OleOut critics (I won’t call them supporters) with their allegations that OGS is just a Glazer patsy???

This is the class of our manager. Knowing how to make a clear point to his bosses, without offending anyone or burning any bridges. He impressed me more and more as every week passes.
This! Was going to post something similar.

Ole will deliver us our club back, he’s one of us after all. And if he manages to get Sancho then what a team he’s building.

mav_9me

Know it’s frowned upon but might have something for the hard core muppets to feed on. I don’t usually post here and the only time I’ve come out with something like this was mhkitaryan which ended up true (check if you want). Although I take this one with a pinch of salt compared to the last time I’ve ever heard something which was nailed on.

A close friend of mine who I met through my golfing years works for a company based in Ireland who supply teams with GPS training gear, has been told by someone high up at Nike that Sancho will definitely head to united and it’s pretty much a done deal. Same guy also said in November time last year that he had a meeting with Sancho’s agent Emeka obasi to discuss a deal with the company and when negotiating why Sancho should receive more dollar from the deal his agent said he’d be coming back to the prem the following summer.

As I said I don’t post here often and when I’ve done so in the past it proved right. Albeit this time round its coming from a mate. But yeah, I’ve got a good feeling we’re gonna get him unless we royally feck this up which Woodward is very capable of doing.
I believe your post. Doesn't mean he will come. It might be a forgone conclusion among those people like the higher up guy in Nike but things can always breakdown. As seen in many transfers over the years.

I do like the quote from Ole.

mav_9me

Having a vaccine is a start, but it's not the end all be all. The flu is a coronavirus and there are multiple strains of said flu and only a handful of flu vaccines. People still get the flu even with a vaccine. There's zero guarantee if a Covid vaccine with allow life to go back to normal and sporting attendance to go back to normal after people get a vaccine.

ALL clubs have had to readjust their annual and quarterly budgets, no matter
No it's not. It's an influenza virus - hence the name.
It's caused (the flu) by an influenza virus strain. My mistake...but the point is, there are other coronaviruses in the world, and this one has no guarantees on how a vaccine with help and if it will evolve. A vaccine may not be the cure all to this situation and how it impacts mass crowd gatherings and sporting revenue streams from fans is extremely unknown.
Influenza disease is caused by influenza A and B viruses which belong to this virus family:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthomyxoviridae

COVID-19 is caused by virus named SARS-CoV-2 belonging to this virus family:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_disease_2019

I’m going to speculate a little bit now and present my other options to think about.

Latest reports indicates that Pereira, Smalling and Rojo is on their way out. Regarding Lingard it’s conflicting rumors but I assume in the end he will stay. Family reasons and so.

If I was Ed Woodward I would go public by saying something like this “English talent Jadon Sancho is no longer an option for Man United, from what we can understand he’s too expensive for us in this financial climate. Maybe we come back in another transfer window but right now we have moved on” .

These few words will change the momentum and put the pressure in Dortmund’s corner. They will off course say that they are happy to keep him but at the same time “status que“ will not change their financial situation. In Watzke’s own words they can’t buy new players without fresh incomes, and right now all clubs losing revenues because of COVID. Time will now work in our (United’s) favor. Sooner or later Dortmund needs a money injection, either using their credit or sell on of their assets.

My next step would be to look at loan options. There are plenty of quality players out there. If Coutinho can score against Barca he‘s good enough to be a back up to Bruno and Rashford. Probably expensive with high wages but you get proven quality. Maybe this option is better then spending absurd money on Sancho and Grealish?

I would also do the ground work to buy Upamecano next season. That’s a must.

What we need is more quality behind out starting eleven. Matic needs a back up. Shaw needs competition.

Maybe I’m crazy or out of the loop but I should seriously look at Coutinho. Maybe even Thiago Silva as a short stop gap. Take on or two of these on loan. Buy a young quality back up to Matic and a competition to Shaw. Next season we can explore the possibility of buying Sancho if Dortmund doesn’t lower their demands.

I think time will work in our favor. Take it easy, the football landscape will change sooner rather then later as long as COVID is with us.
Never thought much of Coutinho but agree that he would be a good squad option on loan

Last edited:

Utd7

We NEED to make this happen. Dortmund are accommodating to the financial crisis by not asking for the full fee in one go with installments. If it’s still the 70-30-20 formula, that translates to 63m quid. I find it hard to believe the club can’t afford that this summer. Spend the fecking loot!

WPMUFC

We NEED to make this happen. Dortmund are accommodating to the financial crisis by not asking for the full fee in one go with installments. If it’s still the 70-30-20 formula, that translates to 63m quid. I find it hard to believe the club can’t afford that this summer. Spend the fecking loot!
i could see us not being able to spend due to COVID impacts, however, we are briefing like the money is available.

So we can only go off the idea that a suitable amount of money is available for Sancho because wtf are we doing if we are skint in this window? If we genuinely can't even meet the BVB price or haggle a somewhat smaller price, why are we briefing about thinking BVB's deadlines are BS and we want "quality yet expensive signings"

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This! Was going to post something similar.

Ole will deliver us our club back, he’s one of us after all. And if he manages to get Sancho then what a team he’s building.
If we manage to get Sancho this would easily be the best position we'd be in post SAF.

Utd7

i could see us not being able to spend due to COVID impacts, however, we are briefing like the money is available.

So we can only go off the idea that a suitable amount of money is available for Sancho because wtf are we doing if we are skint in this window? If we genuinely can't even meet the BVB price or haggle a somewhat smaller price, why are we briefing about thinking BVB's deadlines are BS and we want "quality yet expensive signings"
Which is why I believe we do have the money. Look at it this way: If the total valuation of Sancho was 70m euros straight up, we’d make the deal without hesitation as would many clubs due to his talent and ceiling. So if the first installment this summer is 70m euros, we can afford that.
Seems like the issue is whether to make the other installments in 2021 and 2022 subject to performance (we want) or baked in guaranteed (Dortmund want).

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

Fook yeah. Who needs Reddit ITKs. We have our 'homegrown' ones. :cool:

bsCallout

Once we win that EL trophy, prepare for double celebrations. Or more.

EL trophy
Sancho In
Deadwood gone
Gabriel CB in

Dr. StrangeHate

This is the class of our manager. Knowing how to make a clear point to his bosses, without offending them or burning bridges. He impresses me more and more as every week passes.
I won't say he is a Glazer patsy. But he definitely is their choice of manager.
For Glazers a manager who keeps the fans content while doing the minimum possible is the ideal scenario. In this case if Ole gets comfortable top 4 next year with no title challenge, most fans will be happy and want Ole to continue. If they had gotten the likes of Pochettino, Tuchel or Nagelsmann nothing short of a title challenge would have done for the fans.
Glazers don't care what the manager says about them, they just want fans tuning in and spending whilst they spend the minimum possible of their money. Ole is perfect for them.

Last edited:

POF

That's a pretty aggressive discount rate if €70m-€30m-€20m equates to £63m! Or have you just ignored the €50m future liability?

United should go with a deal where they pay €30m this summer and then €50m each transfer window for the next 10 years. They'd get Sancho for €30m! What a steal!

Le Red

For Glazers a manager who keeps the fans content while doing the minimum possible is the ideal scenario. In this case if Ole gets comfortable top 4 next year with no title challenge, most fans will be happy and want Ole to continue. If they had gotten the likes of Pochettino, Tuchel or Nagelsmann nothing short of a title challenge would have done for the fans.
Glazers don't care what the manager says about them, they just want fans tuning in and spending whilst they spend the minimum possible of their money. Ole is perfect for them.
I believe what most of the fans want is progress.
After ups and downs Ole has delivered promising results in 2020 and we can say that right now, we have a solid squad, playing entertaining football, promising players are finally flourishing, we'll have UCL to play and ambition is back on the table.
Despite not being the perfect manager, Ole has already achieved something his post SAF predecessors did not. The job is his to lose right now, but if he stales around 3rd and 4th in the next couple of seasons I believe the fans will ask for a change.
Should Ole fail to challenge for the big titles, I think the best thing to be done is move on without the whole drama. He'd be remembered as a transitional manager that set us back in the right track.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Ole pressuring the board to spend? it's so on
I hope 'fans' next season before they criticise Ole they remember how this board let another manager down

Why am I still in here when I think this is off? It’s the hope that kills you.

fml

To me that quote from Ole is a hurry the feck up to Ed and co. If not sancho then move on other quality targets or we will get left behind. To be fair there aren’t huge amounts of players out there who come in and instantly improve the first 11. Sancho most definitely does. There are plenty of interesting players we can bring in and develop who will give the squad cover and competition though.
Ole said it all there really. Club needs to wake the feck up
There's no getting around the fact that this squad needs a big investment, if we have any realistic hopes of taking our seat at the top table of football again.

That being said it absolutely HAS to be the players that the manager wants and not 2nd or 3rd choice replacements.

If Ole has identified Sancho as his top target, then it's imperative that we do whatever it takes to get him.

Were in a position now, where proper recruitment could pay off massively and poor recruitment could put us back to square one and having to invest in a new manager and massive sums of money, all over again.

A big summer of spending now, could actually save the board money, in the long run.
I'm not Oles biggest fan but these parasite owners want CL qualification, he delivered it, we all pretty much know he wants Sancho, now it's time for them to deliver. Truth is we most likely will not end up with Sancho and it will be another feck up of a window.
I’m sorry if I don’t follow the consensus but from judging our two three latest annual reports this narrative isn’t correct. In fact it’s the opposite.

The club has from a financial standpoint done whatever it takes to back Ole in his rebuilding project. The numbers is there for all to see.

Secondly the club can’t just spend “whatever it takes” in this financial climates. Why should we jeopardize our future? The Pandemic could be a marathon and right now nobody can predict the future and when we’re back to normal. Why is this so hard to understand?

Under any normal circumstances buying Sancho for “whatever it takes“ would benefit us in the long run, but when the money isn’t there what should we do?

I’m 100% sure that if Dortmund would accepts a three year installment we would be all over this deal in a heartbeat. Solskjær has in his short stint proven to Woodward and the owners that he know what he’s doing. I think the Bruno deal in January 2020 perfectly illustrated this. The last 18 months the club have stretched their financial muscles to the limit. What more can we as supporters demand?

I said this a few days ago that whatever Woodward decides to do I support his decision.

He has done tons of mistakes, literally, from Fellaini up to Sanchez, deals, wages, you name it, but whatever opinion we have about him remember that he’s in charge of a successful business. At the moment he do good things. If we want to criticize him when he’s bad then he deserves credit when he’s learning from his mistakes? Isn’t that fair?

Jadon Sancho will be a Manchester United player if the club thinks they can afford to pay whatever Dortmund wants. Make no mistakes. Previous transfers since Ole arrived is a testament of that. Take that onboard and enjoy the ride. This rodeo isn’t over yet.

Revan

Assumptionman
Jesus Christ, the minimum possible? We have the second highest wage bill in Europe and have had the second/third highest net spent in Europe since SAF retired. Yet they are somehow frugal.

Revan

Assumptionman
Someone enlighten me. Whats the differnce between telling your manager you want to leave and handing in a transfer request. Like do you have any kind of law behind you to get you out if you hand in a request?
Pretty much none at all, but it is one of those Twitter legends. It might make fans hate you so the clubs might decide to sell you, but for most part there is nothing. Losing bonuses changes nothing considering that they are small in comparison to wage bump with the new club and the signing on fee.

Most players don’t hand a transfer simply cause it achieves nothing. Going in strike and refusing to train is actually the only way to force the club to sell you.

E-mal

Once we win that EL trophy, prepare for double celebrations. Or more.

EL trophy
Sancho In
Deadwood gone
Gabriel CB in
Gabriel will be underwhelming when Upamecano is available. That kid is going to be an elite hipster CB.

Marcus

Well, I wonder too why we dont wfinish other deals for other positions. We cant be signing only one player can we?
We might not have any money left over if this goes through. So it makes sense to get this done first.

lewwoo

Jesus Christ, the minimum possible? We have the second highest wage bill in Europe and have had the second/third highest net spent in Europe since SAF retired. Yet they are somehow frugal.
Compared to how much money this club makes every year in sponsorship alone yes they are frugal.

red thru&thru

Agreed...and the club can still manage to compete for the like of Sancho during pandemic times.

People seriously need to do their own research at times and not believe all the BS in the media.

murali_red

Why is everyone assuming Sancho will cost even more next season, with general finances depleted for all clubs, it will only go down, also another year less on contract. We don't even know Sancho has extended till 2023, I still believe it's only 2022, truth will come out

red thru&thru

Well, I wonder too why we dont wfinish other deals for other positions. We cant be signing only one player can we?
Why rush in and sign players and pay them wages, when they will be dormant for a couple of weeks? Depending who our targets are, most of them will be training and getting their match fitness in at their current club, whilst our team will be on vacation.

Also perfect sense to ship a few players out before we get some in. If we sign a boat load of players, other teams will know we're desperate to sell and try to low ball us.

Revan

Assumptionman
How much is the club's expenses?
We spend 25m in interest payments, a few millions in taxes, and around 20m in dividends. Everything else stays in the club, so I guess roughly 600m or so.

Corona has affected us badly. Cash reserves are under 100m (they were 300m last summer, though we spent big since then) and last quarter we reported losses (and in total 30m less than same quarter last year). The projected revenue for this year is likely going to be more than 100m less than last year. People who think that this won’t affect transfers are fooling themselves (though on the other side we got a debt of 150m pounds, but no idea if we will use money from there for new signings or only for club’s expenses).

Status
Not open for further replies.