Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

I don't know. Nobody does. But I see two fullbacks out there that have no idea what to do in the opposition's half, 3 defenders losing out to one of the worst strikers out there on a standard cross, the likes of James and TFM coming on who wouldn't stand out in the Championship and so on. So yes. Sancho would be a nice addition bit feck me we need so much more it's ridiculous.
He’s a must. Another LB, CB, CM and cover for Bruno.

pascell

I still can't believe people actually thought we had an agreement with Dortmund, that we'd give them free run at Bellingham if they allowed us to sign Sancho.

Womp

idiot
World class attackers make up for a lot of short comings. Look at us with the signing of RVP. So yes, there are other positions that are required, but having a world class attack covers a lot of those mistakes. Also, I don't think the FB issue is as bad as people make out. We just lack attacking output and width. We have Laird who is a genuine world class talent, who won't get a look in because Ole has a hard on for AWB. Williams is a very competent defender and is good at getting forward, but is being forced to play on the left to once again accomodate AWB, which forces him to come in field on his stronger foot. Shaw is our best fullback.

Bailly will end up taking Lindelof's position and is a better defender imo, Tuanzebe if he can stay fit has potential to be our best defender, I still do agree we may need a CB this summer though and a DM, but Matic and Fred rotating, along with our current defensive options isn't as detrimental to us the lack of creativity and output that Sancho would bring.

It's just clear a lot of our 'issues' Ole doesn't see as issues. If he wanted a FB that was going to provide an attacking output, he wouldn't have signed AWB. Everyone and their nan knew what kind of player he was. Especially when we were also linked to Aarons etc. He chose AWB.

Skåre Willoch

Tomorrow has to be Sancho day. Our season is over. Time to open up the wallet, Woodie. No excuses to not sign this lad after watching the game tonight.

Superunknown

I don't know. Nobody does. But I see two fullbacks out there that have no idea what to do in the opposition's half, 3 defenders losing out to one of the worst strikers out there on a standard cross, the likes of James and TFM coming on who wouldn't stand out in the Championship and so on. So yes. Sancho would be a nice addition bit feck me we need so much more it's ridiculous.
If it comes as a choice between blowing our whole budget on Sancho and picking up a full back, a centre back + another midfield option, then I think the club will go for the latter. It may well be the right thing to do, too.

Realistically, we need all of that to challenge, but I can't see us going out and spending all of that money. We're talking maybe £200million+ for all of that, which just isn't going to happen. Got a feeling we're going to be tight with our money in this window.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In fairness in regards to this transfer, there is no better alternative so I’d blow our budget on this kid if it was my choice.
Sure, but just having the ability to credibly walk away would give us more leverage in negotiations. The other party knows we don't have an alternative.

Godfather

If it comes as a choice between blowing our whole budget on Sancho and picking up a full back, a centre back + another midfield option, then I think the club will go for the latter. It may well be the right thing to do, too.

Realistically, we need all of that to challenge, but I can't see us going out and spending all of that money. We're talking maybe £200million+ for all of that, which just isn't going to happen. Got a feeling we're going to be tight with our money in this window.
I agree. And all those additions won't solve one of our biggest problems. We have no winning mentality. Id say 80% of our squad has no idea what it takes to win things.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm reasonably turning to this thread in anger of todays result. Stick your finger out Ed.

You're a real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, don't trust the Argies, dick in the vagina, Cheddar cheese and chicken tikka masala man.

Superunknown

I agree. And all those additions won't solve one of our biggest problems. We have no winning mentality. Id say 80% of our squad has no idea what it takes to win things.
I would say that bringing in a player such as Fernandes has improved us mentally, since he is a hard worker and a clear winner. I think whoever comes in needs to carry on that trend. What we don't need to do is spend £100million on 6 average players who don't improve the mentality of the squad. We need winners. Fernandes is exactly the right mould of player for our club and we need similar types to that. Mentally strong winners. That will help the rest of the squad in the dressing room and on the field.

It's a huge window for us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Unfortunately it seems this is dead in the water and we're already looking at alternatives. Dembele on the market apparently. We'll try for him and settle of Bale or Douglas Costa. Preferably the latter.
The only alternatives that we've looked at so far are Coman and Douglas Costa. The former's someone who'll be difficult to attain, so I guess we're keeping tabs on him in case Bayern want to let him go. The latter's more attainable since Juve are looking for money, and he'd be a good short-term option in the meantime.

I don't think we're targeting the likes of Dembele and Bale yet or will anytime soon.

Godfather

I would say that bringing in a player such as Fernandes has improved us mentally, since he is a hard worker and a clear winner. I think whoever comes in needs to carry on that trend. What we don't need to do is spend £100million on 6 average players who don't improve the mentality of the squad. We need winners. Fernandes is exactly the right mould of player for our club and we need similar types to that. Mentally strong winners. That will help the rest of the squad in the dressing room and on the field.

It's a huge window for us.
I agree Fernandes has it. Sancho though? All I see is a guy that loves his instagram and Twitter. Young and all but still

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
World class attackers make up for a lot of short comings. Look at us with the signing of RVP. So yes, there are other positions that are required, but having a world class attack covers a lot of those mistakes. Also, I don't think the FB issue is as bad as people make out. We just lack attacking output and width. We have Laird who is a genuine world class talent, who won't get a look in because Ole has a hard on for AWB. Williams is a very competent defender and is good at getting forward, but is being forced to play on the left to once again accomodate AWB, which forces him to come in field on his stronger foot. Shaw is our best fullback.

Bailly will end up taking Lindelof's position and is a better defender imo, Tuanzebe if he can stay fit has potential to be our best defender, I still do agree we may need a CB this summer though and a DM, but Matic and Fred rotating, along with our current defensive options isn't as detrimental to us the lack of creativity and output that Sancho would bring.

It's just clear a lot of our 'issues' Ole doesn't see as issues. If he wanted a FB that was going to provide an attacking output, he wouldn't have signed AWB. Everyone and their nan knew what kind of player he was. Especially when we were also linked to Aarons etc. He chose AWB.
Laird a genuine world class talent!? :lol: :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

If you offered me the choice of a really quality centre back, Grealish and another quality squaddie, I like most of us would probably take that.

But there's no way we're buying 3 quality players this summer.
One is probably our limit.

Superunknown

I agree Fernandes has it. Sancho though? All I see is a guy that loves his instagram and Twitter. Young and all but still
He looks like a born winner to me. Knows where the net is, likes to set others up, works very hard, exciting to watch. Definitely looks like a United player and I would take him tomorrow if I could. Would also provide a challenge to our other forwards, and competition for places is always good.

The instragram and twitter stuff is unavoidable with young players of a certain age. I don't see it becoming too much of a distraction, tbh.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, from an attacking standpoint. He has the talent imo, whether or not it comes together, is a different argument.
He's fairly promising.
Let's not overdo it before he's barely got near the pitch.

el3mel

We need to reach a definitive decision at this one because we need at least 2 other signings and wasting time on this considering the fact it's really well known now we do one deal at time can end up in an absolute disaster come October. Either pay or move on.

Crustanoid

We need to reach a definitive decision at this one because we need at least 2 other signings and wasting time on this considering the fact it's really well known now we do one deal at time can end up in an absolute disaster come October. Either pay or move on.
Quite

Now, more than ever, Ed needs to stop pissing around

Superunknown

If you offered me the choice of a really quality centre back, Grealish and another quality squaddie, I like most of us would probably take that.

But there's no way we're buying 3 quality players this summer.
One is probably our limit.
I would take that, too. I agree with you that we most likely won't do it. Covid will be the excuse and it's the perfect excuse for chairman or anyone involved in transfers at the moment. It's going to be a very hard year for us, I'm sure.

SwedishFish

Today it was made painfully obvious that we need to go out and get someone like Sancho if we want to compete, he's not the only player but he would certainly provide the quality we desperately need.

0le

I wonder what the odds are for United and Dortmund to be drawn together in the CL next season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
They are such a sad and bitter bunch it's unreal. Is that what losing out to Bayern and losing your best talents year after year does to you?
That's social media for you. It's all about banter and one-upmanship. Dortmund won't care as long as the social media team raise their profile and give them more attention.

El-Manos

Unfortunately it seems this is dead in the water and we're already looking at alternatives. Dembele on the market apparently. We'll try for him and settle of Bale or Douglas Costa. Preferably the latter.
Have you actually watched Douglas Costa recently? We shouldn’t have to settle for Juve’s deadwood, he’s turning 30 soon too. From Sancho to Costa....aiming for a Porsche but settling for a bike with one wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.