Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Seriously I’m getting vibes that this one is over this year, would love to be wrong, but he’s clearly not massively unhappy there.
Why wouldn't he be happy there? Also, he could be happy there and still likes the move. Otherwise, United wouldn't vehemently pursuing this transfer.

Pace Abuser

Am I the only one who sees nothing of this supposed trolling from Dortmund? Everything's just been routine stuff that would happen independent of the transfer. Too many fans are getting precious and seeing things that aren't even there.

Even with the "enjoy Europa League" tweets when Mkhi signed. So what? It's just a club trying to be edgy and relevant. Trying to popularise a less exported league by tuning in to the popular culture of "burn" and "sik bantz", awkward German style. The reason the club is saying nothing is because they're not as paranoid and precious as fans.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
Just an FYI - DiMarzio has just written that your club is weighing the pros and cons of a Douglas Costa move...

Seen here

FizzyWomack

:lol: The feck is this "you love to see it" nonsense we keep the Germans doing on this topic.
Not only is it the most annoying recent saying, these clowns keep using it making it even more repulsive! :lol:

This transfer is getting very tedious to say the least. What will be will be, but if we cant make it happen then we really need to put our attention elsewhere. Next season is going to be even more demanding in terms of rest, we are just about to play a semi final now. I think its going to be very important next season to have a strong squad in terms of rotating, we need to make the right decisions this window.

ShinjiNinja26

:lol: The feck is this "you love to see it" nonsense we keep the Germans doing on this topic.
I was thinking that myself, seeing it all over Dortmund related posts so fecking cringey and annoying. I really want us to sign Sancho now and announce it with him holding up a Utd shirt with the caption “You love to see it” it’s got to happen.

E-mal

Am getting to the point that am not so bothered anymore. Lost all the excitement about the transfer and won't be so gutted if we don't.

The funny thing about football is that some star will spring up next season and Sancho might not even be the toast of the town in one year time.

Having said all that, I hope we sign him and get this sorted quickly because we deserve nice things as United fans. It's been seven years and it's time!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Dortmund will probably value him at €150 million next year.

beingshe7don

Dortmund will probably value him at €150 million next year.
If United are to get Sancho, this is the best year. Firstly, it's because next year with the Euros, his number could skyrocket and also, there'll be more options for him to consider. Barca are looking to rebuild and so are Real.... Ed should make this happen.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
One of the best posts I have read. People blaming woodward for this needs to get their head checked. The one thing he does best is financial planning. If he thinks, its too risky then there is a risk. How many clubs actually has spent 120m now ? Chelsea spent their reserve cash.

There are lot of other options. We can sign Thiago or VDB for 30-35m. Sign a left back for 20m. Loan one of Coutinho,Dembele or even Bale.

Point is , we need quality players to retain our position in top 4
Thanks mate.

I also like Tiago but I think his mind is set on Liverpool.

Bale I don’t like. Even taking on just half his wages is still an absurd amount and if gets injured again that’s gone to waste anyways.

Dembele is a decent risk to take on loan and so is coutinho but I think coutinho will want to be a starter wherever he goes next. If he was ok being a backup he’d probably just stay at Bayern.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What's our Plan B? What's our Plan C? We get into these long transfer sagas and end up overpaying because we never identify alternatives. It's always all or nothing with Ed.

El-Manos

Stop feckin around. Get it done. We’re not in a position to be messing around with important transfers like this.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Blow to the transfer funds tonight. If anything makes this less likely.

Rajat Jain

Oh my god, looking at today's performance, we felt like a sorry bunch complaining about how we are all so tired. This team still lacks leaders. Feckin get it done now asap or we won't even finish in top 4 next season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yup pay the money. We need the quality for the depth if nothing else. £108m to not see an 86th minute sub. Happily pay it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We'll show our hand now and it'll either be enough or we'll swiftly move on

RUCK4444

What's our Plan B? What's our Plan C? We get into these long transfer sagas and end up overpaying because we never identify alternatives. It's always all or nothing with Ed.
In fairness in regards to this transfer, there is no better alternative so I’d blow our budget on this kid if it was my choice.

jasT1981

Last summer we wanted Bruno but Woodward wouldn't pay. We had a horrible start to the season which forced his hand in Jan. We CAN'T make that mistake once again. Sadly it looks like Woodward is already playing the same games as last year.

If we do get him, its going to be long and drawn out like every other transfer. Utd know how much is quoted. Woodward spends the window trying to pay less only to either have to pay or walk away on deadline day.

How can other teams get so much done in the window yet we can only do 'one at a time'? which often takes up most of the time.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
He won't solve much. Our problems run way deeper than in one position.

Agreed, but adding Sancho will force everyone to up their game.

Right now Rashford is poor but were not going to bench him for James or Mata. Add in Sancho and suddenly its 5 guys fighting for 4 starting spots. Plus means we will always have one difference maker on the bench at least.

Superunknown

We need players like Sancho. The other problem is that we need new full backs + more options off the bench.

Basically, one window isn't going to do it. Even if we did get Sancho in the window, we would still be short in other areas. I've got a feeling that we may only make one or two signings this window. But that may be better than making 3 or 4 mediocre signings.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He won't solve much. Our problems run way deeper than in one position.
You don't think with Sancho we win tonight? Even if he played and did feck all by default you have one of Greenwood or Rashford fresh to come on off of the bench which is a much better option than James and Mata

Rajat Jain

In fairness in regards to this transfer, there is no better alternative so I’d blow our budget on this kid if it was my choice.
When a club that has feckin business graduates managing the club and are paid millions annually, they better have some alternatives. That is called planning. We might feel that he is the only option but that wouldn't have been true if we scout players a lot before all this comes to pass.
Losing games we should have won easily, winning nothing with kids!

Godfather

You don't think with Sancho we win tonight? Even if he played and did feck all by default you have one of Greenwood or Rashford fresh to come on off of the bench which is a much better option than James and Mata
I don't know. Nobody does. But I see two fullbacks out there that have no idea what to do in the opposition's half, 3 defenders losing out to one of the worst strikers out there on a standard cross, the likes of James and TFM coming on who wouldn't stand out in the Championship and so on. So yes. Sancho would be a nice addition bit feck me we need so much more it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.