g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund

Sancho will probably come on for the second half now, if people want to examine his body language for insights.
If he scores, and doesn't kiss the BVB-emblem after, this is definitly on!

Edit: he didn't do it!!

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And if does kiss the badge he'll leave next year at worst

Last edited:

r0663664

Worships Man City
One of the best posts I have read. People blaming woodward for this needs to get their head checked. The one thing he does best is financial planning. If he thinks, its too risky then there is a risk. How many clubs actually has spent 120m now ? Chelsea spent their reserve cash.

There are lot of other options. We can sign Thiago or VDB for 30-35m. Sign a left back for 20m. Loan one of Coutinho,Dembele or even Bale.

Point is , we need quality players to retain our position in top 4
I totally agree. We should get 2-3 players who can provide backup for the first team. Don't need to be splashing 120 million in this crisis.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Semi-hugged a couple of team mates though, final verdict: unclear.
Very good :lol:

Wonder if he’ll actually be asked if he’s staying after the game this time. I see the Goalkeeper has piped up this morning about how he doesn’t think he’s sad to be staying because he smiles during training. Pretty conclusive body language analysis.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
And btw Haaland got a new shirt number 9. In words "nine". In the international phonetic alphabet IPA its " nʌɪn ". Thats the same phonetics like of the german word "Nein". Maybe this means something? I don't know, iam just asking questions!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Very good :lol:

Wonder if he’ll actually be asked if he’s staying after the game this time. I see the Goalkeeper has piped up this morning about how he doesn’t think he’s sad to be staying because he smiles during training. Pretty conclusive body language analysis.
I wouldn't count on that. The German football sphere takes Zorc and Watzke by their word and treats the doubts communicated by the English media more or less like a meme.

cyberman

And btw Haaland got a new shirt number 9. In words "nine". In the international phonetic alphabet IPA its " nʌɪn ". Thats the same phonetics like of the german word "Nein". Maybe this means something? I don't know, iam just asking questions!
Youre trying too hard in this thread Buddy

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You don't need to ask questions. Zorc has all the answers already.

Amarsdd

and Haaland is sometimes very sarcastic, so "Nein" could mean "Ja".

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Youre trying too hard in this thread Buddy
Yeah i guess to be a good muppet you need to exercise a lot. The state of delusion you can sometimes see in this thread needs some proper execution. But at least its worth it, the comical outcome could be great.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why rush in and sign players and pay them wages, when they will be dormant for a couple of weeks? Depending who our targets are, most of them will be training and getting their match fitness in at their current club, whilst our team will be on vacation.

Also perfect sense to ship a few players out before we get some in. If we sign a boat load of players, other teams will know we're desperate to sell and try to low ball us.
We havent sold anyone. Rojo is still here

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sancho just ended the career of one of the Austria defenders :lol:

0le

I think ‘sold’ would be a generous way to describe our parting with Sanchez
We did sell him. We negotiated with Inter and they purchased him on a free after we waived a transfer fee. Just because the transfer was free, does not mean we did not sell him. It is different from a free transfer because the (former) club would have no say whatsoever in where the player ends up. So you could say Gomes left United but you can't say we sold him. This may all seem pedantic but it is probably pretty important for the accounting.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He'd be mad to leave a side that can beat Austria Vienna 11:2 #SanchOFF.

laughtersassassin

If we miss out on Sancho, Dortmund will have signed 2 and kept 1 of Oles 3 top targets. Call it what you want but that is the club letting a manager down in my book.

Ole clearly thinks we need to get to work on signings too after what he said yesterday.

If he wasn't worried the club might be fecking him over then he'd have kept quiet.

macheda14

We did sell him. We negotiated with Inter and they purchased him on a free after we waived a transfer fee. Just because the transfer was free, does not mean we did not sell him. It is different from a free transfer because the (former) club would have no say whatsoever in where the player ends up. So you could say Gomes left United but you can't say we sold him. This may all seem pedantic but it is probably pretty important for the accounting.
I think you call selling something for free this odd term ‘giving away’, no in fact I’m sure that’s what you call it.

Offsideagain

To sell anything is a transaction where goods are exchanged for money not goods, that’s bartering. If no fee was involved, he was a free gift. Whatever, he’s gone thank goodness.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If we miss out on Sancho, Dortmund will have signed 2 and kept 1 of Oles 3 top targets. Call it what you want but that is the club letting a manager down in my book.

Ole clearly thinks we need to get to work on signings too after what he said yesterday.

If he wasn't worried the club might be fecking him over then he'd have kept quiet.
The circumstances behind all of those are different though. Losing out on a young talent to Dortmund is hardly cause for concern, even when they’re from the U.K.

Prodigal7

Surely it’s part of Oles job to convince players to come here too? Sancho doesn’t look like he really wants to come to us.

Giggsy13

He already lost out on the striker he hand picked and a young CM he clearly rated - both to the same team. Hard to blame him for being pissed off
Ed and the Glazers have picked a real convenient time to take a principled stance on agent fees and player salaries. Dortmund are a great attraction for young players but with our history there’s no reason why we can’t model ourselves on that with the added benefit of having the financial power to keep our young talent.

Regarding the Ed apologists, he has successfully exploited our history and success to turn us into a cash cow with sponsor deals galore. Shouldn’t this have shielded us from the worst of the Covid impact? We are a model of how to generate commercial revenue in the footballing world. We’re also shedding player salary and got a big one off the books in Sanchez. We have enough to pay dividends to our shareholders but not enough to improve the squad? Seriously, the fact some defend Ed Woodward is a fecking shame and disgrace.

Last edited:

Chief123

I’m sorry if I don’t follow the consensus but from judging our two three latest annual reports this narrative isn’t correct. In fact it’s the opposite.

The club has from a financial standpoint done whatever it takes to back Ole in his rebuilding project. The numbers is there for all to see.

Secondly the club can’t just spend “whatever it takes” in this financial climates. Why should we jeopardize our future? The Pandemic could be a marathon and right now nobody can predict the future and when we’re back to normal. Why is this so hard to understand?

Under any normal circumstances buying Sancho for “whatever it takes“ would benefit us in the long run, but when the money isn’t there what should we do?

I’m 100% sure that if Dortmund would accepts a three year installment we would be all over this deal in a heartbeat. Solskjær has in his short stint proven to Woodward and the owners that he know what he’s doing. I think the Bruno deal in January 2020 perfectly illustrated this. The last 18 months the club have stretched their financial muscles to the limit. What more can we as supporters demand?

I said this a few days ago that whatever Woodward decides to do I support his decision.

He has done tons of mistakes, literally, from Fellaini up to Sanchez, deals, wages, you name it, but whatever opinion we have about him remember that he’s in charge of a successful business. At the moment he do good things. If we want to criticize him when he’s bad then he deserves credit when he’s learning from his mistakes? Isn’t that fair?

Jadon Sancho will be a Manchester United player if the club thinks they can afford to pay whatever Dortmund wants. Make no mistakes. Previous transfers since Ole arrived is a testament of that. Take that onboard and enjoy the ride. This rodeo isn’t over yet.
That’s too much sense in one post mate.

Us muppets just want Sancho. It doesn’t matter if we go bust in a few years. At least we’ll get to enjoy him and not have the pain of him going to a rival. I’m sure you can understand that?

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
I thought Dembele was the most talented guy Dortmund had, but Sancho is by far the most talented.
In the next 2 years, everything below 150-160M is a freaking joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.