Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

The principal still stands. Ed handed him a contract two months prior. If you weren't going to back him then he should have been sacked not given a new contract.
If you're implying that the contract extention was a pathetic mistake, I completely agree with you. I don't agree that that mistake should have been followed up with another mistake of backing him in buying utter shite, whilst alienating/selling away the few good players we have.

Giving Mourinho a new contract in January 2018 was insane, possibly the worst Ed Woodward decision. There was absolutely zero reason to extend his contract halfway through his second season.
Correct.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
No news is good news. If this was dead Simon Stone or Jamie Jackson would have an exclusive “Sancho deal OFF” but clearly we are still trying to get a deal done.
The reason there is no news is because it is not happening.

red thru&thru

No the payments have now gone down as the total debt has decreased which you’ve alluded to. That figure equates to what they’ve taken out of the club including paying for the debt they incurred onto us with the earnings from the club. Oh and that yearly consultancy salary they all give themselves. You still haven’t explained how ‘finance experts’ have explained this was all good for the club? I’m fairly sure they’d say it was incredibly risky and for a time put the club in jeopardy.

A quick look online to refresh my memory and at their peak we were paying 25% of our revenue in yearly interest payments of the loan. COVID at most will take out around 17% of our revenue for one year. We have 90m available cash reserves, we can raise additional funds through sales and we’ve amortised the impact of those losses through a loan, we can spend money this summer without coming close to jeopardising the financial future of the club if we so wish. The club is a financial behemoth as proven by the amount the glazers have taken out of the club since their takeover, the fact we’ve still spent 1billion in transfers on top of that and despite this still made profits and built a sizeable cash reserve. That’s something I will give them credit for. They’re fantastic at running a business - the football side of things they’re useless at though.
You said £1.5b was spent on interest payments, you can't now change this to consultancy fees etc. I stated £1.5b was not spent on servicing debt alone.

Manchester United aren't immune to the pandemic. £90m cash reserves will no doubt be there to spend on players. But can't and shouldn't allow £80m upfront to be spent on Sancho.

You allude to player sales which still haven't happened, so you can't add them.

United have a revolving credit of £140m to call upon but that will needed to be used for paying wages and bills etc.

People look at the revenues coming in but not the expenses. After all said and done in 2018/2019 revenue of $627.12m, only net income was of $18.88m. (Dollars used as having a quick figure look up on my United stock).

Compton22

Life goes on man.

We will move on, it might take another 5 years to get to where we need to get to.

Nothing we can do about it but hope.
It will take much longer than 5 years if we carry on this cycle of sign Players, achieve top 4, save money, miss out on top 4, sack manager, hire manager. Arguably we won't get where we need to get to with this strategy.

Just got to accept with these owners in charge, we won't get anywhere near to where we used to be.

Compton22

There is practically zero chance that happens, and why you're wildly talking about it suddenly like its fact is baffling.
I've got to the stage of lowering my expectations to the worst possible case scenario. That way, I am not disappointed.

But I don't see how anyone can't come to the same conclusion based on what is happening right now.

Infestissumam

pressure is on for Woodward. Lampard is getting backed left and right, and looking at the Havertz fee, United really can't put out the narrative that €120m for Sancho would be unreasonable. It's time to back the manager and show some ambition.

Compton22

pressure is on for Woodward. Lampard is getting backed left and right, and looking at the Havertz fee, United really can't put out the narrative that €120m for Sancho would be unreasonable. It's time to back the manager and show some ambition.
It is time to do that... but they won't. Chelsea are just that much more competent and their board and owners have much more ambition than our own. The best we can hope for is top 4 and a trophy maybe.

SirAnderson

OMG JUST PAY UP THE EXTRA 25.2 MILLION ED, YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOT.

EVERYONE KNOWS THEY WONT ACCEPT A PENNY LESS THAN 141.8 MILLION.THIS WAS CLEAR FROM THE INDYKAILA TWEET IN JULY.

FFS JUST GET IT DONE. GETTING SICK OF THIS CLUB MIGHT GO SUPPORT CHELSEA, AT LEAST THEY KNOW HOW TO RUN A CLUB.
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.

Redcy

People are panicking in here. Yes, I do think he will be. It will be a year without no vaccine before next summer and therefore very little income from the gates.

Both selling clubs will feel the consequences (Dortmund said so themselves), but also buying clubs will. In a year, PSG will look to both renew Mbappé and Neymar. (2022) and we haven't seen them splash really (also due to FFP constrains). I don't know why people think clubs will have a lot more funds available next year. It's a tiring game, and he will have 1 year left on his contract. He could then basically do an Eriksen or Sanchez for half a year more, so I don't get why the price should go up. There's also a chance for Dortmund that Sancho doesn't have an amazing season. We saw it with Pulisic, who had a form-dip and went to Chelsea a year after he was super-hyped, for a lower fee.
Sancho has 3 years left on his deal, so no he won't be going cheap next year. Clubs like Liverpool could be in for him next year, they are not spending much this year, so can potentially lump together their saved output, monies from next year and say for example selling salah/Mane to Barca/Madrid. Add to that the potential for other big clubs to join in (say Mbappe/Neymar sold elsewhere), who knows what the landscape will be, I'm pretty sure Sancho won't be cheaper, meanwhile we stand a good chance of not even getting top four with the current squad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s weird using the Havertz deal as a point of reference to bitch and moan about not getting this done.

Those negotiations have been going on for just as long as these have and that’s with a club with no Champions League football and a player who actually requested a transfer who is already on a shorter contract that Sancho.

If anything it should be used as a point of reference for how difficult these transfers are to negotiate and get over the line.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Are there still people who arrogantly posted how borussia are broke and need our money still feeling they are desperate and the price will come down soon enough?

Not looking like they will break. Seems more like they are laughing in our faces and taunting caf salesmen chanting Pay up or go shop in IKEA.

Compton22

Are there still people who arrogantly posted how borussia are broke and need our money still feeling they are desperate and the price will come down soon enough?

Not looking like they will break. Seems more like they are laughing in our faces and taunti g Pay up or go shop in IKEA.
This, we are a laughing stock to these clubs who are quite frankly run much better than our own. We could go for bargain bucket players and would still end up with no one come the end of the transfer window.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Mate you are correct and of course it isn't fair but at the same time the debt on the club is the Glazers too but if they where ever to sell we would be left with it. They wouldn't have to pay it.

And that is where the whole system is so flawed. The same scenario nearly crippled the dippers and the courts got them out of it. Just a shite situation orchestrated by scummy people.
I have very limited knowledge of how debts work for big corporations but most of the unbiased financial experts have said, debt is not such a big issue for United.

Having said, every Big corporations have limitations and we have ours. I trust Woodward because there is no reason not to when it comes to United finances. His football decision making is something I can't support but this nonsense of adding up instalments and then projecting that figure as total waste is not something I can get behind.

We actually would have paid higher dividends ( we did pre Glazer) and it would have been close to instalments that we pay for our debts. Our interest payments are quite low as mentioned by experts.

FizzyWomack

Sancho should’ve been bought by now and getting ready to train and prepare with us.

What a monumental school boy error this transfer window has been.

Chelsea showing more ambition than us,pathetic.

Compton22

Sancho should’ve been bought by now and getting ready to train and prepare with us.

Exactly, but Sancho will be training and playing with Dortmund next season and the season after whilst we have been left with the same squad with the same deficiencies.

That's what you get from owners who don't care about the club and who employ a former investment banker as CEO.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
People still think this is on? How come?
Because of the way we have negotiated in past. There was radio silence for a month in pursuit of Pogba. Figure of 140m was being quoted, 40-50m was quoted for Raiola. We ended up paying 89m for Pogba.

We have quickly distanced us whenever a deal of this magnitude goes south. We did for Griezmann just a day before it collapsed. We did that for Dybala just before that deal was dead. We have heard that we are trying by every United mouthpiece. So yes I do think this is on. Till atleast United feed their mouthpiece something else. They always do in mega deals like this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not looking like they will break. Seems more like they are laughing in our faces and taunti g Pay up or go shop in IKEA.
There’s no arrogance in it, its theories based on facts and logic.

Fact: Their quarterly release to shareholders earlier this year stated that significant players sales will continue to be a driving factor of their financial model.
Fact: Their latest financial disclosure showed a £45m black hole due to the effects of covi-19.

Theory: They already expected to sell players, they now have a larger deficit. It’s really not difficult to come to the conclusion that they will be under more pressure to sell rather than less, despite the posturing of their board.

If that’s not the case and they plan to leverage low interest rate loans to patch the holes then fair enough, as Sancho is only going to come down in price next summer, some people aren’t convinced they’re in a position to miss out on that fee.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Because of the way we have negotiated in past. There was radio silence for a month in pursuit of Pogba. Figure of 140m was being quoted, 40-50m was quoted for Raiola. We ended up paying 89m for Pogba.

We have quickly distanced us whenever a deal of this magnitude goes south. We did for Griezmann just a day before it collapsed. We did that for Dybala just before that deal was dead. We have heard that we are trying by every United mouthpiece. So yes I do think this is on. Till atleast United feed their mouthpiece something else. They always do in mega deals like this.
I appreciate your optimism but United aside there are two other parties involved in such a deal. At least in Germany, this rumor is as dead as it gets. I said before that I think Dortmund was so clear on this one that it's practically impossible for them to eat their words at this point and with every day it seems more likely to me. Zorc would be roasted by their own fans and ruined the BVB's negotiation positions in the future if he did that. I also think fans in England don't really get what a sensitive topic this stuff is for Dortmund. They lost Lewandowski and more importantly their homegrown jewel, Götze, against their will and this still haunts them. Doesn't help that they're told by everybody and their mothers that they're a selling club and will never compete with the big boys. That irks, especially if it comes from the biggest domestic rival. Can't imagine they give in at this point, especially since they can still sell Sancho next season or even the window after that for a price as good as the one you're offering. Wouldn't get my hopes up if I were a United fan at this point. I believe we'll be back here next season but this time there'll probably be a bidding war.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Given how quickly games are going to come this season, the top 4 will be the teams that manage their fitness better and rotate the best. Therefore the teams with the best depth could finish higher than teams with a better first 11.
Could it be that you guys don’t want to pay that money because you want more squad depth? Or is it purely down to boardroom fights and incompetence?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
You said £1.5b was spent on interest payments, you can't now change this to consultancy fees etc. I stated £1.5b was not spent on servicing debt alone.

Manchester United aren't immune to the pandemic. £90m cash reserves will no doubt be there to spend on players. But can't and shouldn't allow £80m upfront to be spent on Sancho.

You allude to player sales which still haven't happened, so you can't add them.

United have a revolving credit of £140m to call upon but that will needed to be used for paying wages and bills etc.

People look at the revenues coming in but not the expenses. After all said and done in 2018/2019 revenue of $627.12m, only net income was of $18.88m. (Dollars used as having a quick figure look up on my United stock).
I can change it to whatever I want. The Glazers have taken out 1.5bn from the club. I’m still waiting AGAIN for you to point me in the direction of these finance experts who says this was a good thing for the club and how going from ZERO debt to spending 25% of your revenue servicing someone else’s debt is good. I guess you now have shares in the club though so that’s a plus. Well done.

I never said the pandemic hasn’t impacted us. I have said the club isn’t in any danger of going to the wall and there is money there to spend if we so wish. This is in response to a growing narrative on here which appears to be justifying us spending nothing this summer and hanging Ole out to dry. The issue we will have is cashflow which is why the payment structures are important and also getting money up front for our outgoings. Which do count. Again, not sure why the money we can raise from sales doesn’t count. Other clubs seem to manage to sell players so maybe it’s time we started doing that.

Yes. The revolving credit amortises the COVID losses assuming crowds don’t return before next season. Again, not sure why that doesn’t count either? Paying 25% of revenue on debt for the honour of being owned by Malcolm is perfectly fine but using a fraction of that debt short term to sign players and compete again isn’t allowed is it?

Those expenses included buying players right? And the revolving credit covers the all the potential losses. Again, what’s your point? If we want to spend we can spend.

I don’t know why I’m arguing to be honest. I’m completely convinced we are going to back Ole this summer. It’s just getting tedious seeing the pro glazer nonsense on here. Yes, the money we’ve spent in recent years could have been enough to compete had we spent it wisely but that doesn’t negate from the fact they’re an absolute drain on this club and milked it dry until Fergie left. After losing the CL final to Barcelona we replaced Ronaldo with Owen and Valencia for Christ sake. He should have been given the funds to build one last side and he wasn’t which has massively contributed to where we are now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s weird using the Havertz deal as a point of reference to bitch and moan about not getting this done.

Those negotiations have been going on for just as long as these have and that’s with a club with no Champions League football and a player who actually requested a transfer who is already on a shorter contract that Sancho.

If anything it should be used as a point of reference for how difficult these transfers are to negotiate and get over the line.
Agreed. But if you want rationality, you’ve come to the wrong place.

bsCallout

I imagine it's more to do with the fact they've got Pulisic, Kovacic, Ziyech, Werner & Chilwell, Thiago, Havertz soon to follow, all since their ban. Deals worked on all at the same time. For some real talent. In a short period of time.

Meanwhile we are apparently going for one deal this summer at the moment, and it's seemingly going nowhere.

Chelsea JUST finished behind us and are adding all those first team players to their team. That is Abromovich backing Lampard like he did Mourinho first time round. Incredible.

We NEED to improve and we seemingly aren't.

romufc

Given how quickly games are going to come this season, the top 4 will be the teams that manage their fitness better and rotate the best. Therefore the teams with the best depth could finish higher than teams with a better first 11.
Could it be that you guys don’t want to pay that money because you want more squad depth? Or is it purely down to boardroom fights and incompetence?
I think that seems all reasonable and very football related. Something this board does not understand. They can only understand Revenue and Profit.

So, I would imagine it to be pure incompetence. You can see it with the signings we have made over the years.. complete incompetence.

red thru&thru

I can change it to whatever I want. The Glazers have taken out 1.5bn from the club. I’m still waiting AGAIN for you to point me in the direction of these finance experts who says this was a good thing for the club and how going from ZERO debt to spending 25% of your revenue servicing someone else’s debt is good. I guess you now have shares in the club though so that’s a plus. Well done.

I never said the pandemic hasn’t impacted us. I have said the club isn’t in any danger of going to the wall and there is money there to spend if we so wish. This is in response to a growing narrative on here which appears to be justifying us spending nothing this summer and hanging Ole out to dry. The issue we will have is cashflow which is why the payment structures are important and also getting money up front for our outgoings. Which do count. Again, not sure why the money we can raise from sales doesn’t count. Other clubs seem to manage to sell players so maybe it’s time we started doing that.

Yes. The revolving credit amortises the COVID losses assuming crowds don’t return before next season. Again, not sure why that doesn’t count either? Paying 25% of revenue on debt for the honour of being owned by Malcolm is perfectly fine but using a fraction of that debt short term to sign players and compete again isn’t allowed is it?

Those expenses included buying players right? And the revolving credit covers the all the potential losses. Again, what’s your point? If we want to spend we can spend.

I don’t know why I’m arguing to be honest. I’m completely convinced we are going to back Ole this summer. It’s just getting tedious seeing the pro glazer nonsense on here. Yes, the money we’ve spent in recent years could have been enough to compete had we spent it wisely but that doesn’t negate from the fact they’re an absolute drain on this club and milked it dry until Fergie left. After losing the CL final to Barcelona we replaced Ronaldo with Owen and Valencia for Christ sake. He should have been given the funds to build one last side and he wasn’t which has massively contributed to where we are now.
Well of course you can change what you want but then you lose weight in the argument as the points raised by you on the first place were never valid. And this is the precise problems with all the anti Glazer protests. If you're going to protest against them, get the facts correct.

I've never been pro or anti Glazer. I've called Glazers out plenty of times. And I never said the buyout from Glazers was good or bad.

Here's my source of info. Might be helpful if you listen to it.

Irishman

Chelsea are owned by mega rich owners. Utd on the other hand.......

You not see the problem?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In this game perception is more influential than the truth. Fairly or otherwise the Havertz deal will make many of our fans question the same so Woodward's position becomes very difficult to justify.

One of the benefits of OGS as manager is the fans will always back him over the board, and given that he over delivered last season, I think there will be visible and significant public outrage he doesn't back OGS with genuine 1st XI improvements.

El Zoido

I imagine it's more to do with the fact they've got Pulisic, Kovacic, Ziyech, Werner & Chilwell, Thiago, Havertz soon to follow, all since their ban. Deals worked on all at the same time. For some real talent. In a short period of time.

Meanwhile we are apparently going for one deal this summer at the moment, and it's seemingly going nowhere.

Chelsea JUST finished behind us and are adding all those first team players to their team. That is Abromovich backing Lampard like he did Mourinho first time round. Incredible.

Difference is Chelsea are bankrolled by a wealthy owner, whereas our owners take money out of the club to line their own pockets. It’s tragic, really. And you know the fans will have knives out for Ole the moment the going gets tough due to lack of squad depth.

soralapio

Chelsea are owned by mega rich owners. Utd on the other hand.......

You not see the problem?
The Glazer Family's net worth is estimated to be in the region of 4,7 billion dollars. They are rich as feck, but refuse to spend a penny of their own money on the club.

You see the problem?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Its not a like for like comparison and the caveat is that Chelsea are also spending for the 2 previous windows, in which we acquired Maguire, Wan Bissaka, James and Fernandes for c.£200m. In that context, United really only need to add Sancho to prove they have kept up with Chelsea.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

If we do sign him up, I'm sure his marketing acumen will be a bigger deal sealer for Ed and the board rather than anything he's done on the pitch :lol:

They'd have wetdreams over pairing him up with our noodle sponsor
Come on Ed, sign him for marketing reasons at least since you don't care about footballing reasons. Sancho will take care of footballing part once he gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.