Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The Glazer Family's net worth is estimated to be in the region of 4,7 billion dollars. They are rich as feck, but refuse to spend a penny of their own money on the club.

You see the problem?
Why do you think they’ve got so much money!?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Difference is Chelsea are bankrolled by a wealthy owner, whereas our owners take money out of the club to line their own pockets.
While you are correct about our owners, I'm not sure you are correct about Roman Abramovich. Since his Visa was revoked and he was forced to take Israeli citizenship to access the UK, he's been (I hear) less present at Stamford Bridge and less willing to sink money into Chelsea as a vanity project. As a Putin boy, he has bigger fish to try.

Also he probably got a bit bored after winning Champions' League.

It seems like the Germans are the only ones who know how to run a football league without miring it in corruption and dodgy foreign ownership.

Mindhunter

Perhaps fans on here don't appreciate the global economic impact surrounding every business. United's owners and executives would be completely irresponsible to pay or commit to pay over £100m on any player in this environment, hoever 'special' some fans think they may be. Quite rightly a pared-back budget of around £50-60m is available. Chelsea are an exception as they have cash reserves available from two previous transfer periods unspent. No other club , unless they want to run the real risk of bankrupcy will be spending more than this sort of figure. And as no-one will be spending much, the opportunities for sales is diminished as everyone who wants to buy will want to sell first.
As soon as Dortmund made it clear they ( and the player) were happy to see out another year to maximise sale value, this deal was dead. United then had to move on to evaluate options, not for one player, but for maybe two or three more reasonable purchases. This requires time. For instance purchasing Grealish would most certainly use up all of the budget, would this be sensible? It might have been for Sancho, but not necessarily for Grealish. My guess for what its worth, is that discussions are taking place about Brooks and one other attacking player. If the budget can stretch to those two, then they may well happen.
Under these circumstances, withe Smalling returning after a good year at Roma, I do not expect any defensive purchases.
Great post. It’s baffling how some fans just don’t get it. It’s not a regular window. Our future revenues are uncertain. How can you even commit to pay 120m over the next 5 years if you don’t know when exactly fans will be back in stadiums?

Man Utd don’t exist in a bubble.

RedDevilUnited369

Great post. It’s baffling how some fans just don’t get it. It’s not a regular window. Our future revenues are uncertain. How can you even commit to pay 120m over the next 5 years if you don’t know when exactly fans will be back in stadiums?

The same way Chelsea are.

romufc

It seems like the Germans are the only ones who know how to run a football league without miring it in corruption and dodgy foreign ownership.
Clearly... when Dortmund were almost bankrupt, Leipzig had a big inquest about their ownership as well.

Just because it all looks good now does not mean they don't have issues either. Wolfsburg have had issues with VW as well.

Irishman

The Glazer Family's net worth is estimated to be in the region of 4,7 billion dollars. They are rich as feck, but refuse to spend a penny of their own money on the club.

You see the problem?
Manchester United are riddled with debt, probably more so than any other club in World football. Glazers are paupers compared to owners of Chelsea, City and other owners.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

But I WANT WANT WANT so ‘juSt gEt iT dOne’ or else I’ll scream that ‘eD IS CLUelESs’ to make myself feel better.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

You see the problem?
Some of that is tied up with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers surely?

They are currently around the 8th richest PL club owners. Wolves and Leicester owners are richer and City's are out of the stratosphere by comparison.

We are easily the most marketable of those clubs though including Chelsea and City. The operating income of the Bucs in 2018 was around 65million while the revenue was around the 400m mark

flappyjay

I know its just an example, but anyone even remotely interested in Costa needs their head examining.

I'd take option two all day long. Rather build slower with absolute quality, than fill gaps with player of a lower standard, exactly like a truly average player like Douglas Costa.
This. If you look at Liverpool their options on the bench are nothing to write home about. Get a very strong 11 and the rest will come later.

romufc

Yet we are offering a goalkeeper who has never played for us £100k a week

We will be offering Pogba more money in wages..

We have saved money on Sanchez wages.

Chelsea and City are fine because they have built up money? They spent £90m last summer. They are going to spend £200m this summer.

So what Russian business are not affected?

Middle east countries are not affected?

Other clubs are affecting but luckily they planned well over the years and have a decent squad unlike United who cannot plan anything.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This. If you look at Liverpool their options on the bench are nothing to write home about. Get a very strong 11 and the rest will come later.
History has shown us that even if you have the best side, by not rebuilding astutely,even a couple of players, that success won't be built upon

el3mel

And if we can't afford Sancho's price anyway because we're so poor and full of debit, why don't we simply move on, cancel the deal and go sign some other players ? Is Sancho the only player in the market or something ?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Well of course you can change what you want but then you lose weight in the argument as the points raised by you on the first place were never valid. And this is the precise problems with all the anti Glazer protests. If you're going to protest against them, get the facts correct.

I've never been pro or anti Glazer. I've called Glazers out plenty of times. And I never said the buyout from Glazers was good or bad.

Here's my source of info. Might be helpful if you listen to it.

Okay, here’s David Conn saying interest payments and refinancing costs are over £1bn.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....17/glazers-legacy-manchester-united-liverpool

I’m off by 400m or so. It’s just the £1bn we’ve pissed away for the privilege of their ownership.

You see the problem?
They’re asset rich aren’t they? 3 billion of that net worth is probably owning us which they got the club to pay for. Their actual worth is irrelevant though as the club is self sufficient enough to compete without needing outside investment.

Rolaholic

You go from getting bantered by rival fans for expecting better as the 3rd richest club in the world to getting bantered by fellow fans for expecting better as the 3rd richest club, the life of a United fan :lol: :lol:

el3mel

This reminds me really of Moyes summer when we kept chasing Fabregas even though it was clear it wasn't happening that we ended up having to overpay for Fellaini on last day to save the market.

It seems like we're going in this market too with the approach "Sancho or nothing".

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
There was a report today in Italy that said Pogba to Juve was on the cards this summer but Covid has prevented it from happening. Could be one possible theory as to why we were seemingly confident of getting Sancho and are now renegotiating the fee. Pogba money may have been earmarked for Sancho.

ovoxo

I still think we’ll get him but as time goes on, I’m becoming Increasingly concerned it’s going to be like that Mourinho window.

flappyjay

Have you never noticed how neglegent we act in windows after we`ve finished in the top 4 compared to when we don`t have top 4? LVG`s 2nd window was fine but our net spend was still very low compared to his first. In Jose`s first window after getting us top 4 you know what happened. This summer we are seeing a similar trend to 2018 and at this rate it looks like we only get one signing which is far from enough to even get us top 4 leave alone close the gap on LFC/City
So according to your statement klopp at Liverpool wasn't backed because of their low net spend?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Just because it all looks good now does not mean they don't have issues either. Wolfsburg have had issues with VW as well.
At least they were home grown crooks. One looks back fondly on the innocent days of Cloughie, Telboy, Georgie and their bungs.

flappyjay

Laughable people thinking that a good window consists of not buying Sancho and spending 30-40m on Brooks and another unspecified winger (Costa is the only link we have had for around 35m)
This whole thread is people venting because we haven't got a Shiney new toy yet, but... but so and so has signed 123 why can't we?

romufc

And if we can't afford Sancho's price anyway because we're so poor and full of debit, why don't we simply move on, cancel the deal and go sign some other players ? Is Sancho the only player in the market or something ?
Alot of people are here commenting on our finances either way.

We know the price, we know our finances, if we cannot afford him we need to make a statement pulling out the deal.

Instead we are doing nothing.. waiting for something to happen?

Sb_16

Take some time off. Some of the most vocal posters clearly don't get any enjoyment from this club. Recharge off season and come back to moan once the season starts.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Take some time off. Some of the most vocal posters clearly don't get any enjoyment from this club. Recharge off season and come back to moan once the season starts.
Are you kidding? This is peak season for them, the time of the year when they can moan the most!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If this falls through and you still need a right winger then just try the Cops in America thread, you'll find one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This reminds me really of Moyes summer when we kept chasing Fabregas even though it was clear it wasn't happening that we ended up having to overpay for Fellaini on last day to save the market.

It seems like we're going in this market too with the approach "Sancho or nothing".
Fabregas was at his boyhood team, that he'd had to battle to get to. They were a better team, and we just had Moyes take over.
We could easily have afforded the fee.

This one is us trying to get a Dortmund player - which is never anything but a step up for that player - and it's covid times, so not unreasonably breaking our transfer record is a huge deal.

Totally different scenarios.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fabregas was at his boyhood team, that he'd had to battle to get to. They were a better team, and we just had Moyes take over.

This one is us trying to get a Dortmund player - which is never anything but a step up for that player - and it's covid times, so not unreasonably breaking our transfer record is a huge deal.

We could have similar outcomes at the end of the day, to be fair. If we are still in for him, it's because we'd be confident that we'd get him at the end of the day. However, I'd still like the club to keep tabs on and potentially pursue other targets in case Sancho doesn't come through at the end of the day. The overall lack of United-related transfer news may mean that the club wants journalists to remain quiet whilst they conduct their business. Never before have I seen so little United-related news from more reliable sources.

el3mel

BVB aren't going to lower their 120m price. If we can't afford it then continuing to chase is a waste of everyone time. Simply as that. Instead of chasing a target you can't afford or so obvious that he won't come, move on and sign other players. The way this market has been going is ridiculous. We're not linked to anyone in any other position bar Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.