Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

Is He or Ain't He. That's all we hear. I just hope we can get him and we are not leaving it too late to bring others in.

FizzyWomack

Summer would not be summer without all these proper muppets. :drool:
There goes 1 post of my daily 3 posts devoted happily to keep this thread alive.
I second this. Here goes 1 or my 3 daily posts too.

Seeing as today is the 7th my inner romantic muppet would entertain a deal being announced today. But since we still have the England game to play I don’t think it’s a possibility.

IF there’s still no noise this time next week, I think that should be alarm bells.

Come on Ed just get this over the line.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wonder if we need tomorrow's Nations League game to finish in order to really push things through.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wonder if we need tomorrow's Nations League game to finish in order to really push things through.
Not sure why international matches matter especially with a window closing that's fast approaching -- they have agents to help push things along or not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure why international matches matter especially with a window closing that's fast approaching -- they have agents to help push things along or not.
Yeah - its true. You'd expect United to still make significant process before tomorrow via agreeing a fee etc. But feck knows what the real obstacles are at the moment I guess.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It actually benefits us having players at their other clubs/countries for pre-season etc as if we’d signed them they wouldn’t have been back until this week. If we’d signed Sancho back in early August he wouldn’t have had any preseason due to us finishing the season so late. This week is the ideal time to sign players ahead of training with us for 10 days or so before the opening game.

RUCK4444

@Inigo Montoya @Rolaholic @RUCK4444 @Adam-Utd @Adnan @Judas

All with over 400 posts in the Sancho thread. (@Judas with an impressive 560!)

How you lot holding up? Only 4 weeks to go!
I’m good thanks, still feeling more positive than negative, I think personally we are still riding it out and Dortmund looking at replacements whilst posturing for the press so they come out of it looking like they did everything they could but the money was too much to turn down.

I think that works for us as well as we avoid the wages during a period where the lad would have been playing for England rather than with our own group.

Stay the course men! Sancho day shall be all the more glorious when it finally arrives :devil::devil:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I’m good thanks, still feeling more positive than negative, I think personally we are still riding it out and Dortmund looking at replacements whilst posturing for the press so they come out of it looking like they did everything they could but the money was too much to turn down.

I think that works for us as well as we avoid the wages during a period where the lad would have been playing for England rather than with our own group.

Stay the course men! Sancho day shall be all the more glorious when it finally arrives :devil::devil:
There's dead silence on that matter, though. The last link was Depay weeks ago, he seems off to Barca now. Season starts this weekend, you'd think there should be some activity, if they were in talks with possible replacements

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's dead silence on that matter, though. The last link was Depay weeks ago, he seems off to Barca now. Season starts this weekend, you'd think there should be some activity, if they were in talks with possible replacements
Not sure they need a direct replacement though. They've already got Brandt/Hazard/Reyna/Reus for the wide positions and Guerreiro can fill in too.

RUCK4444

Yeah I think they are quite stocked, as per Adam-Utd’s reply. But thinking aloud, if it were me in charge at Dortmund I’d like to appease the fans with a new signing if there’s a decent acquisition available.

youmeletsfly

Not sure they need a direct replacement though. They've already got Brandt/Hazard/Reyna/Reus for the wide positions and Guerreiro can fill in too.
If they would've needed a replacement for Sancho it would already be there and training. Dortmund don't mess around with these kind of things.

They're either dragging this to get each and every penny out of the deal, or the deal is long dead.("there you go Sherlock"

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think the most obvious sign that you guys will soon sign Sancho is the fact that your club isn't scrambling around panic buying lesser players like Grealish or Brooks. Those are the sort of players you bring in when you realize your primary target is impossible. You would've heard briefs from journalists justifying how "this player can bring many of the qualities Sancho brings but for a fraction of the price." Fed directly from the club to cover their asses.

Sancho will be in Manchester this week I think.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think the most obvious sign that you guys will soon sign Sancho is the fact that your club isn't scrambling around panic buying lesser players like Grealish or Brooks. Those are the sort of players you bring in when you realize your primary target is impossible. You would've heard briefs from journalists justifying how "this player can bring many of the qualities Sancho brings but for a fraction of the price." Fed directly from the club to cover their asses.

I’ve always rated you Orc!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
You think they will lose their best asset, and then sit on the money to have it taxed?

Adam-Utd

You forget this is Woodward and Judge in charge, efficiency isn't exactly what they're known for.

This is the guy that waited for Fellaini's release clause to expire, to then sign him later for a higher fee :lol:

You think they will lose their best asset, and then sit on the money to have it taxed?
I think they'll happily bank the cash while the stadiums are closed yes, then see how it looks again in January. Anyway the window is still open for this whole month, plenty of time for action.

Woodenlung

There's a little under one month left of this transfer window. If we're still serious about signing Sancho I can only guess that this is the week the deal progresses. Otherwise we aren't leaving ourselves enough time to sign an alternate target and any other players we're looking at for.

pixel

There's a little under one month left of this transfer window. If we're still serious about signing Sancho I can only guess that this is the week the deal progresses. Otherwise we aren't leaving ourselves enough time to sign an alternate target and any other players we're looking at for.
We'll be saying the same thing next week.

stevoc

You forget this is Woodward and Judge in charge, efficiency isn't exactly what they're known for.

This is the guy that waited for Fellaini's release clause to expire, to then sign him later for a higher fee :lol:

Let’s be fair here Moyes played a huge part in that particular farce.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Not sure how reliable he is, but some people seem to suggest he knows his stuff. Seems to have worked for United as a scout in the past too, so plausible he may have some connections
Fake account

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I've got a feeling many people will be seriously disappointed when this season's transfer window closes.

Woodenlung

We'll be saying the same thing next week.
Exactly. Which is why I'm hoping we set this week as an internal deadline for whether a transfer is possible. If there's no movement on it we should just target someone else.

I'd also prefer that target be a younger player rather than a stop gap loan signing. If we don't get Sancho this summer we should forget about it entirely. We've been looking to strengthen the right flank for years. Can't keep putting it off for a player we keep failing to sign.

Adam-Utd

Let’s be fair here Moyes played a huge part in that particular farce.
That's true, dithering Dave with an inexperienced man in the transfer market wasn't the best pairing.

I'd like to think Woodward has learnt and improved, it's just a little frustrating that we are a bit in limbo with Sancho.

I wish they'd either just pay up and get it sorted, or come clean and say no way too much with Corona and move on. The lack of an end note makes me feel more positive but I can see it just fizzling out and the club will make a small statement.

I feel the most for Ole though. He sold 2 attackers in Sanchez and Lukaku and endured a really tough start to the season, he deserves to be fully backed and we need to keep the momentum going we had. It's a chance to really gap Arsenal/Tottenham/Leicester/Wolves and cement a proper top 4 again with Chelsea.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So an agreement, but not an agreement? You must be running one those twitter accs :D
Meaning can't see him being announced by the club but information coming out that an agreement has been made. Like with VdB, where it was known we had an agreement in place and then waited for the official announcement.

Don't compare me to those no marks, I have better sources than them ;):lol:

ShinjiNinja26

I think it’s fair to say no one has a fecking clue what’s happening with Sancho. It’s all very quiet which means the clubs are negotiating behind the scenes and are doing a very good job of keeping such a high level transfer under wraps or there’s literally feck all happening.

Irrational.

Don't forget refusing Mourinho Maguire for £60 million, then buying him a season later for £80 million for Ole.

stevoc

That's true, dithering Dave with an inexperienced man in the transfer market wasn't the best pairing.

I'd like to think Woodward has learnt and improved, it's just a little frustrating that we are a bit in limbo with Sancho.

I wish they'd either just pay up and get it sorted, or come clean and say no way too much with Corona and move on. The lack of an end note makes me feel more positive but I can see it just fizzling out and the club will make a small statement.

I feel the most for Ole though. He sold 2 attackers in Sanchez and Lukaku and endured a really tough start to the season, he deserves to be fully backed and we need to keep the momentum going we had. It's a chance to really gap Arsenal/Tottenham/Leicester/Wolves and cement a proper top 4 again with Chelsea.
If this transfer happens it was always going to be late in the window. That’s just how bigs transfers for United go. Maguire, Pogba, DiMaria all the way back to Berbatov and even Yorke were all late August most after the first match of the season had taken place.

By the way the Fellaini debacle wasn’t just down Dave dithering he actively wanted them to hold off on the Fellaini signing because he didn’t want Fellaini to have to deal with the pressure of being his first signing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.