Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

Of course I know that! Don't you know that all that is staged? The whole club, everything is fake and staged by Liverpool fans in order to wind up United fans. Even the stadium is just a scenery.
Okay lemme riddle you this. We are still in talks with Sancho`s camp trying to sort out personal terms especially regarding the agent`s fees. Don`t you think Utd would be doing this with Dortmund`s blessing otherwise we`d be in trouble for "tapping up" like Liverpool with Southampton? This is exactly what BVB would do if they were extremely intent on not selling otherwise why would BVB let us talk to the player and his whole camp on such advanced matters if weren`t open to selling?(For their fee of course) And it doesn`t take a genius to know that once that gets sorted out and we then approach BVB it gives Utd the upper hand as if they try to block a move Sancho and his agency will simply go to BVB and say "We all have personal contractual agreements with Utd let us go" which paves the way for things to happen

Lee565

If we dont sort this out in this window then the club better finally move on from this first team damaging saga because if we do the same thing next summer then we will potentially waste 3 years of sorting out the right wing position on sancho whilst continually missing out on good players for just a quarter of Sancho's fee that could have solved this issue.

Matriac

If we dont sort this out in this window then the club better finally move on from this first team damaging saga because if we do the same thing next summer then we will potentially waste 3 years of sorting out the right wing position on sancho whilst continually missing out on good players for just a quarter of Sancho's fee that could have solved this issue.
Name one player that could solve our right wing issue at a quarter of Sancho's fee. (That includes salary as well.)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Name one player that could solve our right wing issue at a quarter of Sancho's fee. (That includes salary as well.)
Greenwood did a very, very good job of it and didn't cost a penny.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yes, it could be good for him however; if he has a poor season, he wont be able to get the fee and if he has an amazing season, not every club will be able to afford his wages.

With respects to the bidding war, I am surprised how many fail to look at why he wants to leave, because he is homesick. He wants to come back to England which narrows his clubs to United, Liverpool, Chelsea.

Liverpool do not spend unless they spend, Chelsea have spent loads on attacking players this season. United unless we buy another attacker, will be in for Sancho again.

I do not think a 21 year old Sancho will go to PSG. Barca or Real may turn his head but this is why United need to do this deal now. We cannot risk another season, we may not end up in CL and then we will be out the race.
May all be the case. However, to me it seems as if he was speculating on a move after this season but right now seems totally fine with staying. Before the Corona break, I was dead sure Sancho would be leaving after this season. I also could imagine that he'd strike his way out of Dortmund. But as his agent, I'd recommend him to wait another year now because it's the wisest thing to do for his career, especially given the renewed contract at Dortmund that probably earns him a lot already.

So yeah, I can imagine that he prefers England because he's homesick but if he's got many options on the table, who knows. Imagine a scenario in which four clubs are in for him and PSG is the only one meeting Dortmund's demands. If they tell him "listen, I know you prefer club x but PSG is willing to pay what we were asking for so if you really want to make the next step, we suggest you do it there". Then PSGs offers a tasty contract on top of that and that's that. This basically has happened with Havertz and Chelsea this season. He wanted to move on, only one club met the demands and off he went, although it was reported he use to sleep in Barca sheets as a kid and would be dreaming about Madrid currently.

I agree with your last paragraph for that reason. You really should've secured this deal this season, the next one it might be too late. Unfortunately, I think you had your chance for this window and now you have to beat the rest of the top dogs for his signature. I don't know if you could've paid the sum but didn't want to or if you really couldn't afford it in which case it was just bad luck but to me this becomes less likely every day.

By the way, thanks for the calm and polite discussion, is not necessarily a given in this thread ;)

Okay lemme riddle you this. We are still in talks with Sancho`s camp trying to sort out personal terms especially regarding the agent`s fees. Don`t you think Utd would be doing this with Dortmund`s blessing otherwise we`d be in trouble for "tapping up" like Liverpool with Southampton? This is exactly what BVB would do if they were extremely intent on not selling otherwise why would BVB let us talk to the player and his whole camp on such advanced matters if weren`t open to selling?(For their fee of course) And it doesn`t take a genius to know that once that gets sorted out and we then approach BVB it gives Utd the upper hand as if they try to block a move Sancho and his agency will simply go to BVB and say "We all have personal contractual agreements with Utd let us go" which paves the way for things to happen
Don't you realize how shallow all this is while writing it? That's a whole lot of guessing and not necessarily logical conclusions.

Matriac

Greenwood did a very, very good job of it and didn't cost a penny.
Greenwood did a very good being on the field. Got into areas and scored goals.
He did an OK job at wingplay. He only had 4 assists while playing as a wing.
But he should be focusing more on the Forward role. Competing with Martial for starts.

Chief123

If you genuinely believe your point makes sense to everyone, then you are sadly mistaken. It makes sense to me though.

RkkMan

May all be the case. However, to me it seems as if he was speculating on a move after this season but right now seems totally fine with staying. Before the Corona break, I was dead sure Sancho would be leaving after this season. I also could imagine that he'd strike his way out of Dortmund. But as his agent, I'd recommend him to wait another year now because it's the wisest thing to do for his career, especially given the renewed contract at Dortmund that probably earns him a lot already.

So yeah, I can imagine that he prefers England because he's homesick but if he's got many options on the table, who knows. Imagine a scenario in which four clubs are in for him and PSG is the only one meeting Dortmund's demands. If they tell him "listen, I know you prefer club x but PSG is willing to pay what we were asking for so if you really want to make the next step, we suggest you do it there". Then PSGs offers a tasty contract on top of that and that's that. This basically has happened with Havertz and Chelsea this season. He wanted to move on, only one club met the demands and off he went, although it was reported he use to sleep in Barca sheets as a kid and would be dreaming about Madrid currently.

I agree with your last paragraph for that reason. You really should've secured this deal this season, the next one it might be too late. Unfortunately, I think you had your chance for this window and now you have to beat the rest of the top dogs for his signature. I don't know if you could've paid the sum but didn't want to or if you really couldn't afford it in which case it was just bad luck but to me this becomes less likely every day.

By the way, thanks for the calm and polite discussion, is not necessarily a given in this thread ;)

Don't you realize how shallow all this is while writing it? That's a whole lot of guessing and not necessarily logical conclusions.

There`s no guesswork at all. It`s all facts
It`s a fact we`re still talking to Sancho`s camp and sorting out agent fees as per all our credible correspondents
It`s a fact you can`t have such advanced negotiations with a player and his camp without the selling club`s blessings otherwise we`d be in the same trouble as Liverpool were with Southampton when they were after Van Dijk. If Dortmund were completely adamant they aren`t selling they`d sue us for "tapping up"(again l`m pointing to the Van Dijk saga) but Utd being handed the privilege to talk to Sancho and his people shows otherwise and makes your point wrong and BVB WILL sell as long as we pay up

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There`s no guesswork at all. It`s all facts
It`s a fact we`re still talking to Sancho`s camp and sorting out agent fees as per all our credible correspondents
It`s a fact you can`t have such advanced negotiations with a player and his camp without the selling club`s blessings otherwise we`d be in the same trouble as Liverpool were with Southampton when they were after Van Dijk. If Dortmund were completely adamant they aren`t selling they`d sue us for "tapping up"(again l`m pointing to the Van Dijk saga) but Utd being handed the privilege to talk to Sancho and his people shows otherwise and makes your point wrong and BVB WILL sell as long as we pay up
When it's as per all your credible correspondents, it is not a fact. And yes, theoretically you aren't allowed to negotiate with a player without the permission of the selling club but in reality, this is almost always circumvented through agent deals and so forth. It's common practice. Again, do you think Barca gave their agreement to City negotiating with Messi? Concluding from that that it's still on and Dortmund are okay with it is not a fact by the very definition, it's a conclusion or an interpretation - and a very bold one on top of that. I wish you good luck but if this is why you're getting your hopes up.. well, you're in for a disappointment I fear.

Chief123

I guess we’ve got no option but to sign Sancho to fill the hole at right wing now. Greenwood is busy filling other holes abroad.

RkkMan

When it's as per all your credible correspondents, it is not a fact. And yes, theoretically you aren't allowed to negotiate with a player without the permission of the selling club but in reality, this is almost always circumvented through agent deals and so forth. It's common practice. Again, do you think Barca gave their agreement to City negotiating with Messi? Concluding from that that it's still on and Dortmund are okay with it is not a fact by the very definition, it's a conclusion or an interpretation - and a very bold one on top of that. I wish you good luck but if this is why you're getting your hopes up.. well, you're in for a disappointment I fear.
When its from all credible people close to the club it definitely has truth to it those close to the club never report stories for the sake of it. As for the "common practice" there is a difference between simply contacting the player to know if he wants to join the club and having negotiations advanced to the extent of discussing wages and agent fees agreement(this is what got Liverpool in trouble as they did this with VVD without Southampton`s permission and if we didn`t have BVB`s blessing they`d have taken action against us by now if we were doing illegal tapping up) City never got to that level with Messi as it wasn`t certain if Barca would sell what they did was gauge through the player if he`s interested in a move(which he was)no deep discussion over personal terms THAT is the common practice not the former which I`ve described so once again you`re not looking at all facts of the matter.

romufc

I do see those points, I am a United fan so my views will be biased on him coming to United and furthering his career. We have seen it over the years, teams do well and peak which is what I think this Liverpool team is doing. Coming to United has alot of commercial benefits as well as footballing benefits. He will get paid as well as he possibly can at United, probably one of the better payers, sometimes too good (in cases of Phil Jones etc), the number 7 shirt, plus he would join a team which is ready to take the next step.

I agree with PSG and they can offer the money, unlike Chelsea they do not play in a competitive league where you can be forgotten because they are judged on the CL only.

I also do think, we are thinking twice before spending the money, everyone says spend it but this is going to be the british transfer record and to break it during a pandemic makes it even more difficult.

No worries, tbh when discussing with someone that listens and reads properly rather than ignoring points to fit a narrative, it makes it easier.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
When its from all credible people close to the club it definitely has truth to it those close to the club never report stories for the sake of it. As for the "common practice" there is a difference between simply contacting the player to know if he wants to join the club and having negotiations advanced to the extent of discussing wages and agent fees agreement(this is what got Liverpool in trouble as they did this with VVD without Southampton`s permission and if we didn`t have BVB`s blessing they`d have taken action against us by now if we were doing illegal tapping up) City never got to that level with Messi as it wasn`t certain if Barca would sell what they did was gauge through the player if he`s interested in a move(which he was)no deep discussion over personal terms THAT is the common practice not the former which I`ve described so once again you`re not looking at all facts of the matter.
You know, there are multiple parties to the deal and the ones which are close to Dortmund are much more convinced that this is off the table than the ones close to United are that it'll still happen. You tend to see it through United glasses and that's understandable but this has much more dimensions to it. Also, City agreed personal terms with Messi. I'm not sure how intensively you followed that saga but they essentially had agreed on a payment deal that saw Messi moving to the US for a few years in order to receive the largest part of the payment in a country in which the UEFA financial fair play is irrelevant.

Also, it may even be the case that they granted you permission to negotiate but aren't willing to accept anything now that the dead line is due. IMO, you are painting a far more simple picture than the situation actually depicts itself. There's so much that would have to happen in the time span of a few weeks and right now there's only very weak indication that the whole saga could be restarted at all that I simply can't bring myself to believe Sancho will move this summer.

jackal&hyde

I'm going to make a prediction here of a few things that will happen:
1) Dortmund will sell near the end on the transfer window
2) They will try to paint Sancho as a bad apple the same way they did with Dembele and Aubameyang (and a little with Sancho the last year)

Bonus points if they make some sort of butt hurt tweet.

macheda14

Also, City agreed personal terms with Messi. I'm not sure how intensively you followed that saga but they essentially had agreed on a payment deal that saw Messi moving to the US for a few years in order to receive the largest part of the payment in a country in which the UEFA financial fair play is irrelevant.
Why have you chosen to believe these reports but not other reports? Most of the sources that reported that are absolutely diabolical.

Glorio

Whatever happens we need a RW. Greenwood did brilliantly in and around the box, but only occasionally impacted the flow of the game as you'd expect a right winger/wide forward to in other areas of the pitch. Improved in that aspect massively as he bulked up after the break but still went missing quite a bit, particularly while the right side of our area was getting overloaded

MileStolar

Nah, he's just stating his opinion and discussing what he's reading from where he is in Germany. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm not quite serious ya'know, twas an attempt to be silly. You should've joined in the fun with "burn him on the stake" or "pitchforks out" or something

DarkDog

Insinuating Marina would have gotten Sancho by now and for less than 108M pounds is you embarrassing yourself. Lampard players were picked for him, Ole picked his own targets. Sancho is a very difficult deal to complete because BVB is not desperate for cash. There is no magic here.
Never insinuated that she would have gotten Sancho done
Never insinuated would have done for less than 108 mil
You were pouring cold water on Marina, she has been the most well respected CEO of world football. You don’t know what you are talking about and i just needed to tell you that. She has made Chelsea the best club in this market and if You can’t admit that , it’s because you got some issues mate. You even said that those players were picked FOR Lampard. Picked BY Marina. Zyiech, Werner, Havertz, Sarr, Silva not bad players to buy, don’t you think? Not for a bad price either. Maybe even you can admit that they have done good business?

about our club now and back to topic
Sancho is hard deal to do? Yeah, a lot of deals seems to be hard to do for our club.
none of our managers have got the players they wantedsince Ed is in charge. We got DvB done because Edwin handled the deal for our club and Ajax, mate
Ed is out of his depth and Glazers like that because he gets all the blame. Now they are reporting he wants Bale when Solskjaer was already frustrated with Woodward. Solskjaer promised he will come to Manchester but Edward is stalling
We are not the best run club anymore sadly and you can only blame Glazers, but don’t drag people who are doing well through the mud

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I'm not quite serious ya'know, twas an attempt to be silly. You should've joined in the fun with "burn him on the stake" or "pitchforks out" or something
Fair dos haha

In all fairness, we all know nothing in the grand scheme of things, but we shall find out sooner or later. Here's hoping hes coming... all the signs point to this being on still

Redcy

Greenwood is not a winger more of an inside forward and the trouble is without a very attacking RB we have nothing down that side if he doesnt attack the line. The idea that you can convert him from a striker to a RW this far down his development is foolish.

RUCK4444

Greenwood is not a winger more of an inside forward and the trouble is without a very attacking RB we have nothing down that side if he doesnt attack the line. The idea that you can convert him from a striker to a RW this far down his development is foolish.
Agreed not to mention it’s detrimental to his long term progression.

We need a winger... so buy a feckin winger!!

FFS.

0le

Well it is hardly foolish. The lad is only 18, he has many years of development ahead of him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This far down his development? He's 18. He's not exclusively played as a striker since he was a kid, he was a #10 not too long ago. It can't be that foolish, he scored 17 from the right.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
You were pouring cold water on Marina, she has been the most well respected CEO of world football. You don’t know what you are talking about and i just needed to tell you that. She has made Chelsea the best club in this market and if You can’t admit that , it’s because you got some issues mate. You even said that those players were picked FOR Lampard. Picked BY Marina. Zyiech, Werner, Havertz, Sarr, Silva not bad players to buy, don’t you think? Not for a bad price either. Maybe even you can admit that they have done good business?

Sancho is hard deal to do? Yeah, a lot of deals seems to be hard to do for our club.
none of our managers have got the players they wantedsince Ed is in charge. We got DvB done because Edwin handled the deal for our club and Ajax, mate
Ed is out of his depth and Glazers like that because he gets all the blame. Now they are reporting he wants Bale when Solskjaer was already frustrated with Woodward. Solskjaer promised he will come to Manchester but Edward is stalling
We are not the best run club anymore sadly and you can only blame Glazers, but don’t drag people who are doing well through the mud
Well that’s not true. He has bought a lot of players our prevoius managers and current manager wanted.
Hardly any manager gets all the players they want.

Matriac

This far down his development? He's 18. He's not exclusively played as a striker since he was a kid, he was a #10 not too long ago. It can't be that foolish, he scored 17 from the right.
13 goals while on the field in the RW position, yes. But that doesn't mean he was playing like a winger. He hardly had any assists, in fact he assisted more when playing CF.

Most of his goals came as an inverted forward, and we'd be much better off having him focus on getting into shooting opportunities in front of the box than having him run down the line to get a ball in.

Yes, if we don't get Sancho then Mason will likely be used in that position this season as well, but it's far from ideal.
Without another class attacker joining we'll also still be missing the opportunity of a real impact player coming off the bench when we are struggling.

Redcy

As an inside forward, if he is too stay as a winger you would have to change the way he plays if you think that by the time he has reached 18 he will have been coached for over 10 years. My daughter is a young elite athlete and she is already focused on very specific skills. I think people misunderstand how much they do, can players change later, yes we have famously seen player go from CB to CF, and vice versa, but generally elite level players dont. He genuinely has very little in his locker that makes him a true winger, he is not a dribbler, nor is he likely to try and go around a player the way a winger would, trying to add that kind of mindset just doesnt happen.

macheda14

Why are more people
formatting their posts like this?
It looks odd, do they think we will get confused if you have two points in a row separated by the trusty full stop?
It's oddly harder to read when it's put this way.

KennyBurner

How long can this go on? At least the league resumes shortly so there entertainment on the way.

Mr PG

Us signing Sergio Reguilon is another sign we're not signing Sancho this window.(I actually believe Stevanovic was signed from Partizan to fill the right spot next season (after-all right wing not an urgent position for us). No way Glazers will pay 100m for Sancho after buying both Reguilon and VDB. Ole has wisely decided to invest in upgrading multiple positions similarly to what Liverpool did by selling Coutinho they afforded to fill gaps in their squad.

mu4c_20le

Us signing Sergio Reguilon is another sign we're not signing Sancho this window.(I actually believe Stevanovic was signed from Partizan to fill the right spot next season (after-all right wing not an urgent position for us). No way Glazers will pay 100m for Sancho after buying both Reguilon and VDB. Ole has wisely decided to invest in upgrading multiple positions similarly to what Liverpool did by selling Coutinho they afforded to fill gaps in their squad.
That's why we want to pay in installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.