Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Soooo English press confirms what this Romano guy said since months and this is good news because? Wasn't it obvious that the biggest problem for this transfer was the obscene fee Dortmund want for Sancho? Or am I missing something?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Such an obvious signing, same as Bruno and Maguire. Really good to see if this happens.

Rashford-Martial-Sancho
Bruno-Pogba-VDB
Reguillon-Maguire-Lindelof-AWB
De Gea

James-Greenwood-Lingard
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Shaw-Bailly-Tuanzebe-Williams
Henderson

Going into the season with this squad is very strong. Dalot, Jones, Smalling, and Rojo can all potentially leave in defence, alongside Pereira in midfield, and Ighalo in January with Mata acting as a squad player to be replaced by Chong next season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Soooo English press confirms what this Romano guy said since months and this is good news because? Wasn't it obvious that the biggest problem for this transfer was the obscene fee Dortmund want for Sancho? Or am I missing something?
It's been spoken about about a thousand times over the last few pages so yes, you are missing something.

RkkMan

The personal terms would have been the one cushion Utd would have used as an excuse/get out of jail free card if the deal failed to materialize now that they`ve briefed to the press that aspect is done its a sign they`re very confident a deal can be done

ravi2

I cant decide whether i want to sleep on a Sancho pillow and have my face be close to him, or get a blanket and be covered by him.
Why not go all out and get a Sancho dildo, that way he can be inside you as well

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Its a bit ironic you use the word gullible on Romano whilst suggesting club briefings are always a true reflection of the current situation.
You're in denial mate. Why would the club brief out that the agent fee and wage package was an issue if it wasn't? How is that going to effect Dortmund one bit? They could care less about all that. They still want their fee.

Gazza

I've already admitted the other day in the 'players you've never seen play well' thread that I've only watched him 5 times and like I said in that thread I've never seen him play well.

Me saying he was amazing was based on his highlight reel and general hype. I'm honestly not sure what I think now, but so far for me, he's been a let down.
:lol: What utter drivel, reads like it was written by an 11 year old!

croadyman

Such an obvious signing, same as Bruno and Maguire. Really good to see if this happens.

Rashford-Martial-Sancho
Bruno-Pogba-VDB
De Gea

James-Greenwood-Lingard
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Henderson

Going into the season with this squad is very strong. Dalot, Jones, Smalling, and Rojo can all potentially leave in defence, alongside Pereira in midfield, and Ighalo in January with Mata acting as a squad player to be replaced by Chong next season.
May need to take Reguilon out of that lineup if reports today are to be believed that we think we're being used

Quinzaine

That makes zero sense.

Why would the club brief something that was already agreed? What on earth would that do to help them? :lol:
Briefing that the club hasn't agreed personal terms with Sancho or his agent gives the club an escape route incase the deal fell through. They could play the 'greedy agent' narrative . The reality is that revealing only a couple of weeks in to the transfer window that personal terms have been agreed puts a lot of pressure on the club to agree a fee with Dortmund and makes them vulnerable to heavy criticism if the deal goes wrong - particularly given it would be clear to the public that they had essentially 2 months to negotiate the fee. Thus United now briefing to the press that terms have been agreed is a big indicator that things are moving in the right direction and that our negotiations with Dortmund over the fee is actually progressing quite well.

Man United owners, Woodward and the manager have been under a serious spotlight for almost a decade now. The consensus is that the club is run extremely poorly and that there is a general incompetence from the club at a higher level. Woodward, the board and other employees at the club will be fully aware of that and therefore a PR spin that paints them in a positive light is crucial. It's for that reason that us fans who are truly invested in these sagas have to try to be aware that we aren't always being fed the truth, and that's the reason why foreign outlets are always quicker with information on our transfers than local outlets. It's a cat and mouse game between United, the club they are negotiating with, the fans and the journalists who report and have a big influence on the 'story' of a transfer. Ultimately I don't know more than any other fan but I know I'm not naive enough to simply eat up what the club is spoon-feeding us on the surface level.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The bookie odds keep shortening for Sancho to join us and lengthening for him to stay at Dortmund.
Sadly that's just because every news outlet here has run the story about the breakthrough, so there's a rush to pile money on Sancho coming. Not that we're any closer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not trying to be arse, but I've hardly posted in this thread until today. I didn't realise people were so on edge.
If you think it’s bad now imagine if we actually sign him.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

Rashford-Martial-Sancho
Bruno-Pogba-VDB
De Gea

James-Greenwood-Lingard
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Henderson

Anybody else think that first eleven is enough to challenge for the title? That's how much of an impact I think he could have. We would have some decent depth too.

Red00012

We’ll bid before their first game, he doesn’t play due to not being in the right frame of mind and the price gets reduced by 15m. Dortmund spin against Sancho saying he gave them no option when secretly they’re happy to take the cash as they knew he was leaving all along and we get to brief we didn’t overpay despite spending 90m on a 20 year old during a pandemic. Everybody wins.
I’m ok with that

SwedishFish

Not trying to be arse, but I've hardly posted in this thread until today. I didn't realise people were so on edge.
>Hypes up player from highlight reel
>Watches him play for England in some pointless Nations League games
>Decides he's shite.
>Supports Everton.

Yeah, this checks out.

Chief123

To be honest, you keep posting your uneducated views about him being rubbish. It just comes across as a typical jealous fan. Twitter material. You're opening yourself up to ridicule by saying you haven't watched him much but then give such a conclusive judgement. Whether you think he's shit makes no difference to those who actually know what he's like.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
>Hypes up player from highlight reel
>Watches him play for England in some pointless Nations League games
>Decides he's shite.
>Supports Everton.

Yeah, this checks out.
Not once did I say he was 'shite'. I said Overhyped. He's certainly not shite. Is nuance not allowed anymore?

The Everton digs are weird. I mean people can call them shit. I don't care. It's a good attitude to have.

Godfather

The personal terms would have been the one cushion Utd would have used as an excuse/get out of jail free card if the deal failed to materialize now that they`ve briefed to the press that aspect is done its a sign they`re very confident a deal can be done
Would they though? Not paying 120 million for a 20 year old doesn't sound much worse than not being bale to agree personal terms with him or is it. Not trying to piss on these last press briefings but I'm still cautios as Dortmund have been proper cnuts during this saga.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
To be honest, you keep posting your uneducated views about him being rubbish. It just comes across as a typical jealous fan. Twitter material. You're opening yourself up to ridicule by saying you haven't watched him much but then give such a conclusive judgement. Whether you think he's shit makes no difference to those who actually know what he's like.
I said he was rubbish in that game, which he was. The post that I made in this thread was overhyped based on what I've seen. Pretty reasonable, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.