Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This, it's good for trivia but it doesn't tell us much about career choices.
Yeah, all that matters is game time, wages and how good team is to win trophies. Location also helps with some players.

KennyBurner

Don’t even need the tabloids to know he is going to Chelsea. Been seeing the signs already that’s where he will end up. It does make me sick that he might choose them over us. This was the signing we really needed given we’ve been desperate for a RW for ages.

roonster09

Scout
Show me where I said believe me over Sancho? That's all I require.
:lol:

Believe who you want, don't take Sancho's words as gospel.

I'm not wrong at all. I have followed Mason Greenwood around the country due to the kid being from my social circle. And I've spoken to family members of Sancho who I've met in Manchester and one of them quite clearly stated that he did support Chelsea but it was due to Didier Drogba.
You've gone from "I could be wrong" to "I'm not wrong at all". What's changed?

I'd take Sancho's word over anyone else to be honest.
Believe who you want. But i've spoken to his family members on numerous occasions and being a Chelsea fan isn't gonna be a determining factor for him.

And what Sancho says in interviews shouldn't be taken as Gospel because young teens are trained to give specific responses to certain questions. Mason Greenwood is going through the same process.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Spot on mate. This is the time to sign Sancho.
If not he will be going to Chelsea and after winning few trophies there, he will go to Real like the same way Hazard did.

And I wonder why people say RW is not priority.
Martial is not CF, Greenwood shall be moved there.
James alone in RW and he is not that much good enough in breaking down teams sitting back. James is good for counter attacking system.

RW is also a priority for us along with CM, AM and ST and a signing like Sancho can make a lot of difference in the way we attack.
It's absolute nonsense. James has scored a few goals and plays to a decent standard and people have decided that RW is sorted for years for some reason forgetting that we do actually genuinely top class talents at this football club if we're ever to challenge again. And Sancho is just that. There's no better young wide player in football. He's English. He plays in a position that's been a sore ache for ages. And if us and Chelsea are the ones willing to spend big on him, I definitely think our fortunes have a big bearing on that. If we were 4th and Chelsea were languishing in 6th or 7th playing disjoint football, it would have given us a big advantage. Sigh, Ole. Forget closing the gap on Liverpool and City , this chap will allow even Chelsea to pull away.

memelord

If you paid attention you'd see play was concentrated on the left wing in the final stretch of the game against Watford. Why is that? Because we don't have a right winger. Give Dortmund everything they ask for Sancho.

roonster09

Scout
Nowhere did I state to take my word over Sancho's. Absolutely pathetic from you as usual.
And as usual, lie, twist from yourself.

I have even highlighted those posts. "Don't take Sancho words as gospel, they are media trained, I have spoken to his family."

WTF does that mean? Is that not saying we have to believe you rather than Sancho?

Keep digging deeper, you might find one more young player to latch on to and claim you are his uncle. Or maybe we will have Sancho quotes which will be posted through you to tell how roonster09 on caf is so wrong about his interview.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, all that matters is game time, wages and how good team is to win trophies. Location also helps with some players.
Pretty much. The worry with Chelsea is more that they can offer massive wages, they have at least as much chances of winning trophies as we do and Lampard is an actual young manager who shows promises. Sancho supporting Chelsea is a bonus but we offered more money and more long term success, I don't think that he would prioritize the team that he supports.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I have even highlighted those posts. "Don't take Sancho words as gospel, they are media trained, I have spoken to his family."

WTF does that mean? Is that not saying we have to believe you rather than Sancho?

Keep digging deeper, you might find one more young player to latch on to and claim you are his uncle. Or maybe we will have Sancho quotes which will be posted through you to tell how roonster09 on caf is so wrong about his interview.
Settle down, this is getting nasty now.

roonster09

Scout
Pretty much. The worry with Chelsea is more that they can offer massive wages, they have at least as much chances of winning trophies as we do and Lampard is an actual young manager who shows promises. Sancho supporting Chelsea is a bonus but we offered more money and more long term success, I don't think that he would prioritize the team that he supports.
Yeah they are in very good position. Having good atmosphere around the club helps too. The narrative (and the truth too) around Chelsea is, they are playing very good football with young players. They might let go of Willian and Pedro which will leave them with Pulisic, CHO as wing options. So Sancho will just walk into first 11. Young team with plenty of known faces, same generation players, attacking football, london factor, big wages.

If Chelsea are in for him, they will have good chance of signing him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

No it's not saying you have to believe me, it's saying maybe believe his family who have attended many games at Carrington over the years. You're hilarious.

roonster09

Scout
No it's not saying you have to believe me, it's saying maybe believe his family who have attended many games at Carrington over the years. You're hilarious.
As quoted by you :lol: and we have to believe you to believe his family.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes and with all due respect I have my doubts and I have good reasons too.

Good day.
There's nothing wrong with having doubts. But if you ever fly over to England then allow me to put your doubts to bed if you want.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't have to fly to England for you to clear those doubts. There are so many ways.

Since you have driven Greenwood to training ground many a times and very close to his family, surely some supporting pic or video of you both? I mean you can PM me if you don't want to share it here ;)

I will surely apologize if you clear that doubt.
Are you on FB?

POF

I don’t disagree Bastian, I just think CF and MF are our priorities and am even more convinced after yesterday’s performance.
Based on yesterday's performance, I think a wide player is looking even more of a priority. James looks exhausted and he's the only winger at the club.

When you have full backs as poor offensively as Wan Bissaka and Shaw it really narrows the attack which makes breaking down a deep defence even tougher.

Greenwood can play wide but it's not ideal when you have your best finisher hugging the right touchline while the ball is whizzing across the six yard box.

redshaw

Said it near the beginning of this thread, not a chance we get Sancho. 139 pages later.. muppets never learn :lol:
Yep, said the same when the hype machine was in full swing.

I could not see Ole getting United in any position to be attractive for him and if Liverpool or City or Spanish clubs aren't option then Chelsea is the next best one, said it before they always bounce back after numerous managers. Generally they have better all round recruitment. United are still lost at sea and he's better off staying at Dortmund if the Chelsea move doesn't happen.

Will be interesting if Chelsea get this wrapped up in Jan then he arrives in the summer. Would be a great move by the club to stop any big late bids if he continues to impress, lets say in the CL for example.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Was just on the tube going through Kennington and I heard the unmistakeable voice of Sancho, openly admitting he actually supports Charlton and Dortmund's not got any decent pie and mash shops. Open and shut case.

Corwin

Hazard, now Sancho? Surely we can't let Chelsea get him? We need quality in attack!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What's happening is he on his way to Chelsea? Fine with that. We've Chongy to get us out of this fecking mess.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's happening is he on his way to Chelsea? Fine with that. We've Chongy to get us out of this fecking mess.
The Sun have reported that Chelsea want Sancho so it has stirred up negativity among our fans, eventhough the journo in question is as bad as it gets regards reliability.

Paxi

The Sun have reported that Chelsea want Sancho so it has stirred up negativity among our fans, eventhough the journo in question is as bad as it gets regards reliability.
Fair enough. Where do you think he'll end up?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fair enough. Where do you think he'll end up?
I think United have a good chance and will most likely offer the player, his reps and Dortmund the most money compared to our domestic rivals. The Abu Dhabi lot could potentially pose a threat but Sancho may not want to return there under Guardiola.

Barca and Madrid I see as the big threat potentially but United from all accounts have done alot of legwork on this potential deal and have a much better chance of signing him than most believe IMO. Sancho is more than open to a move to United as reported by various journos, so it will come down to who can satisfy the player, the reps and Dortmund that will make the difference. And for that reason I believe we have a very good chance of signing him. It's also been reported by a few decent sources that United are quietly confident of sealing this transfer in the summer.

theklr

I think United have a good chance and will most likely offer the player, his reps and Dortmund the most money compared to our domestic rivals. The Abu Dhabi lot could potentially pose a threat but Sancho may not want to return there under Guardiola.

Barca and Madrid I see as the big threat potentially but United from all accounts have done alot of legwork on this potential deal and have a much better chance of signing him than most believe IMO. Sancho is more than open to a move to United as reported by various journos, so it will come down to who can satisfy the player, the reps and Dortmund that will make the difference. And for that reason I believe we have a very good chance of signing him. It's also been reported by a few decent sources that United are quietly confident of sealing this transfer in the summer.
Unless we tank down the table I guess.

Think CL will be important for his choice.

But looks like he isnt going everywhere in January at least.

DarkRed

Think if Chelsea would offer a buy plus a loan back this winter (same as Pulisic), that could potentially be a problem for us...

Paxi

Thanks mate. That's encouraging.

Yakuza_devils

Unless the competition is only between Chelsea and us, we have a chance.

If big team like RM, Barca and etc who can also offer big money and most importantly trophies come in then he would be mad to choose us against those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.