Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Didn’t we make a 100m euro bid though?
This is the thing. If we’ve bid €100 million what’s an extra €20 million to a club like United? I know that sounds like a ridiculous thing to say, but €20 million is a Telles. Just don’t buy him this window and get your primary target!

This is obviously too simplistic a view, but and leads weight to the belief that Dortmund want the whole transfer fee upfront in one payment.

Pagh Wraith

#Favre about #Sancho and #Bürki : "At the moment I don't know - especially with the novel. Jadon had a slight cold. We'll see today."#BVBSC

Yes, 'Roman' also means novel in German but here he was talking about his goalkeeper. :lol:

Castia

It’s not gonna happen but what I can’t understand is we apparently offered €100m, surely we’d stretch that extra mile to get this done we‘re about £15m short.

We’ve chased him all summer, got to within £15m and won’t go that extra mile? doesn’t add up to me we’ve known Sancho’s price for the last 2 months.

clarkydaz

It’s not gonna happen but what I can’t understand is we apparently offered €100m, surely we’d stretch that extra mile to get this done we‘re about £15m short.

We’ve chased him all summer, got to within £15m and won’t go that extra mile? doesn’t add up to me we’ve known Sancho’s price for the last 2 months.
'Testing their resolve' apparently

Varun

Staff
If the deal was dead we would have walked away 100%.
We've spent the entire summer briefing 2 things. 1. We don't believe Dortmund when they say the deal's dead 2. We won't pay what they'd been asking for even when they said they were willing to sell

For me, it's quite simple. That Aug 10 deadline was a load of bollocks but the idea behind it, Dortmund needing the deal done timely so that they could get replacement(s) in and plan for the upcoming season was true. We needed to give them at least a couple of weeks. The deal's been dead good 2 weeks now for me but we're too clueless to know and are probably still sending in low ball bids hoping Dortmund accept. Hell, I think we may even bid the 120mil now in panic and it'd still get rejected because it's too late.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Like someone else pointed out in this thread, it makes the signing of van beek even more of a head scratcher doesn't it?

Matriac

We've spent the entire summer briefing 2 things. 1. We don't believe Dortmund when they say the deal's dead 2. We won't pay what they'd been asking for even when they said they were willing to sell

For me, it's quite simple. That Aug 10 deadline was a load of bollocks but the idea behind it, Dortmund needing the deal done timely so that they could get replacement(s) in and plan for the upcoming season was true. We needed to give them at least a couple of weeks. The deal's been dead good 2 weeks now for me but we're too clueless to know and are probably still sending in low ball bids hoping Dortmund accept. Hell, I think we may even bid the 120mil now in panic and it'd still get rejected because it's too late.
I don't believe they need a replacement. They will pocket the money.

RedDevil83

I can believe Woody is sat in his office next to his phone saying "They'll call back....."

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
You have to laugh :lol: the state of how our club is run. Honestly, woodwork couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery if all the ale were free. He'd somehow attempt to walk away and try for a non alcoholic brewery.

TheLord

There's been one aspect to this saga which hasn't been discussed on here much if at all I don't think. Sancho agreed to extend his deal last summer for 1 further year (which evaded the entire public and press). This has only strengthened Dortmund's hand and weakened his and ours. Probably wasn't the wisest decision he made to do that in hindsight if he had aspirations of moving to the PL.
Really! One more year in the Bundesliga and he will probably have at least three other PL clubs, each with a better chance of winning silverware than United, circling for his signature.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Really! One more year in the Bundesliga and he will probably have at least three other PL clubs, each with a better chance of winning silverware than United, circling for his signature.
3 my backside !!!

If Liverpool still have Mane n Salah they wont be spending 100m+ on anyone in that position. Why would they bother? City unlikely given how he behaved there. Chelsea? Maybe but if their new signings gel I highly doubt they will be in the market for him.

I don't think there will be many takers at 108m+ next year either personally. Not in this country anyway. Maybe to PSG or Spain.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
As i said couple of times. We don't have money and only way how this deal could have been done is by Sancho pushing for transfer. He didn't. That is it. That was his choice, his career and future will say was he right or wrong.
Next year he will not be cheaper for sure plus few other clubs will be in the race.

He is not good anyway. :D
A year less on his contract and an economic dip on the way his price may stay static.

Varun

Staff
I don't believe they need a replacement. They will pocket the money.
Nope, he's way too important for them. There's no way they get a similar quality replacement but they'd have reinforced their squad with some part of that money.

Ace of Spades

This deal was never happening unless they dropped the 120m price, especially this year. My problem is that we should have moved on to signing some alternative if it was obvious that they were not going to drop the price.

Now we are scrambling for an alternative, when that should have been signed already. We needed more quality attackers, which we have failed again.

Dan600

EDIT: Unneccesary block of text rant removed. I got carried away.

Sancho, Zaha, Dembele, Brooks. I don't care. The only thing that matters is that if we sign someone, it has to be someone Ole wants. If we sign someone for the sake of it, AGAIN, then surely Woodward has run out of lives at this point.

Jack-C20

Plays for Sevilla, actually not the worst shout for a backup to Sancho - would have him over the likes of Dembele/Bale.
Looked decent against us before getting injured. Remember him being on the left wing more though.

Zapata

ocampos has been great for sevilla, would be better than dembele just based of his current form

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Looked decent against us before getting injured. Remember him being on the left wing more though.
Yeah I was just thinking that, but he's listed at RW on transfermarkt and apparently is both footed. I'd be happy with an interchangeable winger, Sancho operates on both wings for Dortmund too.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
"Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."

- Woodpecker

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Then why do utd keep telling people he is still the main target, even if this stupid strategy of Dortmund will lower the price at end of window comes to fruition, the price will go from 120 to 90-100 at best, it ain't going to be 40mn suddenly.

People who go on and on about impact of covid on utd's financials, never seem to explain that part. How does spending 120mn on 1 deal make us financially irresponsible but spending 100 on it not?
Sports marketing 101: create as much media hype as possible about absolutely nothing. That directly equates views which equates bigger sponsor deals. Sorry folks I’ve been telling you for over a month this was never happening. United is a public company - for anyone financially literate open their books and explain to me how they can afford 100m this year.

No way in hell.This year is a cash crunch like no other. Poor financially clueless fans were strung along unable to make their own analysis

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And we spent 40 million on Van de Beek . If we are short for the Sancho deal then why on earth did we spend the money first on VDB??
It's a good point. Midfield ironically was our weakest area for years but right now its arguably our strongest. I like VDB too as he's a very good footballer. But surely if Sancho is so important to Ole use all the money on him and strengthen midfield and defence next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.