Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdhrubs

Ed is in an all or nothing scenario here. If he pulls this off, he's done his job and all is forgiven. If he doesn't, he deserves the sack, though unfortunately he seems unsackable. A fail like this should not be happening after lessons learned during his first disastrous transfer window under Moyes (when he was probably genuinely out of his depth and on a steep learning curve).

I'm still hopeful we'll get a couple in before the window shuts, purely because Ed is under pressure.

FreddieTheReddie

Someone pointed out that buying VDB could’ve been a mistake is we are short of cash for Sancho. I think that might be the reason why we haven’t signed Telles or other LB yet. We want to know first if we will have anything left after agreeing with Dortmund. At least that’s what I would do. Define the top target then see how much would be left in the transfer bugget if we have to pay the asking price. We can spend the remaining on secondary target (VDB) and if we can negotiate a lower price for Sancho, anything left can be spent on third target.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I think the only reason I'm not worried about this is they'll have made promises to Sancho, it'll be a hell of a lot of money, and it seems they're willing to do the deal.
And they can even make an excuse to their fans now that player pushed for a move.

zenith

If nothing else the social media abuse really gets to the club, maybe that'll reach a crescendo and push ed.

Come off it, you tight arsed feckers , for once be pro active and get a player that'll help keep us near the top and not on europa.

dev1l

If nothing else the social media abuse really gets to the club, maybe that'll reach a crescendo and push ed.

Come off it, you tight arsed beggars, for once be pro active and get a player that'll help keep us near the top and not on europa.
Not really. A section of our fans are happy to direct their frustrations against our players And coaches. This forum is such an example.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I get a feeling it's going to be a busy couple of days.

What makes me laugh is that Ed knows his hardline approach doesn't work most of the time, yet he persists with it every window. I really do wonder what it'll take for him to buck his ideas up?? The Glazers probably love him for his penny pinching ways, so theres no chance he's gonna be sacked... unless we ever get sold, then i bet the new owners would boot him out quicker than he could blink

djdhrubs

What makes me laugh is that Ed knows his hardline approach doesn't work most of the time, yet he persists with it every window. I really do wonder what it'll take for him to buck his ideas up?? The Glazers probably love him for his penny pinching ways, so theres no chance he's gonna be sacked... unless we ever get sold, then i bet the new owners would boot him out quicker than he could blink
Would be hilarious if we replace Ed with Daniel Levy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
763 posts from @Judas leads the way then.

Not too bad in a 51,000+ post thread in fairness.
I thought someone might have 1,000s!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Would be hilarious if we replace Ed with Daniel Levy.
Thing is, Levy actually knows how to do transfers, Ed just lives in his own fantasy land where he thinks that talk reigns supreme - where he can promise the world and deliver feck all.

After 6 years, you'd think he and Judge would know how the transfer market and negotiations work, but no, all he succeeds in doing is winding other clubs up and pissing fans off to the extreme

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Dortmund playing Can at CB and some kid from Birmingham in midfield. They look like they need the money :wenger:

dev1l

Not sure why anyone was ever taking him seriously. Desperate times I guess.
Tbf there were a lot of people burned like hp with.this story.
One might argue, they enjoyed the limelight offered by the Sancho saga.
But I still think that someone gave them the impression that a deal was almost done.
Or

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

The dumbest part is that we always pay premium transfer fees and sell our own for peanuts. For allegedly being a money man hes not very good at making good deals

reddevilchennai

This entire saga is like Indian movies. You (OGS) love a girl (Sancho), you propose after some difficulty and the girl agrees to marry you. You inform your parents (Ed), your parents agree to the marriage, then goes to the girl's parents (Zorc) and abuse him (here with cheap offers). The girl's parents tell feck you. The boys family finds a new bride (Dembele) and compel you to marry. The girl goes on strike, the boy needs to fight with his parents to get married with his lover. And finally they reunite and marry with their parents acceptance like most of the Indian movies. In some cases (art movie) the couple's get seperated or the boy dies (OGS getting the sack) which normally wins Indian National award.

We need to see whether this is normal movie or an art movie worthy of national award.

Reactions: Penna

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Tbf there were a lot of people burned like hp with.this story.
One might argue, they enjoyed the limelight offered by the Sancho saga.
But I still think that someone gave them the impression that a deal was almost done.
Or
HP implied he knew Sancho really really well, whereas it looks like the reality is they have just done some videos together and just know each other as professional acquaintances

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Probably so he could say to his boss "Did my best as you can see but the price can't be reduced".

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The dumbest part is that we always pay premium transfer fees and sell our own for peanuts. For allegedly being a money man hes not very good at making good deals
He probably does think that saving €1M is a huge win in his book, and whilst he's patting himself on the back on a job well done, the rest of the football world are laughing at him and his incompetence.
He really is a bit of a joke

gorky_utd

This entire saga is like Indian love movies. You (OGS) love a girl (Sancho), you propose after some difficulty and the girl agrees to marry you. You inform your parents (Ed), your parents agree to the marriage, then goes to the girl's parents (Zorc) and abuse him (here with cheap offers). The girl's parents tell feck you. The boys family finds a new bride (Dembele) and compel you to marry. The girl goes on strike, the boy needs to fight with his parents to get married with his lover. And finally they reunite and marry with their parents acceptance like most of the Indian movies. In some cases (art movie) the couple's get seperated or the boy dies (OGS getting the sack) which normally wins Indian National award.

We need to see whether this is normal movie or an art movie worthy of national award.
Just missing Raiola for some bollywood action (chair throw).

Status
Not open for further replies.