Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Marketing department is not going to determine he speed of an £80m signing ffs.

macheda14

Villa would want the same type of money for Grealish that Dortmund will be asking for Sancho so it's more like for like. Rafina would probably be another 35-40m and on top of that you know that Leeds would rather cut off their own nose than sell us another player after Cantona. It would be like Liverpool selling us a player. Not Going to Happen.

Now....if you said this. Grealish brought in to replace Pogba, i'd fcking bite your fingers off for that bloody deal.
Rio Ferdinand and Alan Smith came after Cantona, but yes they’d rather not sell to us in particular.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm expecting Dave to do the announcement in rap form. He's just writing the bars, that's why we've not announced it yet.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wow it’s almost like they are negotiating and haven’t just set a RRP on him that everyone has to adhere to.

Andersons Dietician

Anyone expecting Manchester United to do a swift 80 million plus deal probably underestimates how the club's marketing department loves to generate social media interaction and attention by doing these bigger deals quite late. There has been a clear pattern with these big name signings over the past many years. I don't think it has as much to do with complex nature of the deal as it has to do with the need for United to be constantly talked about on various platforms.
Probably have stuff saved from last summer, just changing the shirt number from 7 to something else. Sancho week.

laughtersassassin

Just want to be on record and say its a huge mistake preferring Sancho over Grealish. I hope we dont make it.
It's purley positional id say. Grealish doesn't help our right hand side.

If Pogba was leaving I would hope we go all out for Grealish

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's purley positional if say. Grealish doesn't help our right hand side.

If Pogba was leaving I would hope we go all out for Grealish
Grealish has played well from both sides, just like Sancho has. Sancho has actually played a lot from the left of late, if I'm not mistaken.

laughtersassassin

Grealish has played well from both sides, just like Sancho has. Sancho has actually played a lot from the left of late, if I'm not mistaken.
Yes but Sancho has played almost entire seasons from the right. Grealish practically never has.

Signing Grealish with the plan of playing him in the right would probably just end up with him earning the left hand side spot imo.

It's important to make sure we have more right hand side options.

I agree that Grealish is better than Sancho and for me he should be the man to replace Pogba.

Rolaholic

Grealish has played well from both sides, just like Sancho has. Sancho has actually played a lot from the left of late, if I'm not mistaken
When has Grealish ever played out on the right?

He's played more centrally at times at the 10 but he almost exclusively plays on the left side

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes but Sancho has played almost entire seasons from the right. Grealish practically never has.

Signing Grealish with the plan of playing him in the right would probably just end up with him earning the left hand side spot imo.

It's important to make sure we have more right hand side options.

I agree that Grealish is better than Sancho and for me he should be the man to replace Pogba.

He's played more centrally at times at the 10 but he almost exclusively plays on the left side
I tend to see Grealish not stick exclusively to his position but drift regardless. Same for Sancho too. He may well start left but I tend to see him. Cropping up all over the front where he finds pockets of space.

Red Stone

This seems fully jONdON sONchON now.

Although I said pretty much the same thing last summer, so what the hell do I know?

marktan

I seem to remember him playing there once or twice, or maybe he just drifted out there as he put in some excellent crosses.

To be honest I think he'd be good wherever he plays, he played CM for Villa in the Championship the season they went up and he was fantastic. He's talented enough to play wherever.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d love to see Grealish and Sancho here because I think we’d instantly be miles better but people have to be realistic. At least one of Rashford or Greenwood should always be playing the wings. Signing the 2 lads currently is overkill when our holes have holes in other positions. It’ll be Sancho we sign and It’s crazy how a year later he’s the cheaper of the two but that’s football for you. I feel like Grealish would improve us a lot more than he will city if he goes there, just a hunch, I think he’ll eventually get swallowed up the squad after a bright start and he should be playing almost every game wherever he goes. I still think Sancho is the safer bet with his best years ahead and CL football under his belt. I also thought for a young guy he handled last summer very professionally. Both will probably be sold this summer but there can be only one!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
would be pretty hilarious if you feck this up again
How exactly? Because we are not paying the 90m during a pandemic season ?

Bit rich coming from a fan of the club who does this always with smaller clubs.

croadyman

Yeah can only recall a second half cameo against Palace this season and before that it was on loan at Notts County back in 2013, certain that is the exact reason why Utd are favouring Jadon over him but maybe I am completely wrong

laughtersassassin

How exactly? Because we are not paying the 90m during a pandemic season ?

Bit rich coming from a fan of the club who does this always with smaller clubs.
Because we wasted last summer trying to get him and managed to add no starters to the squad.

Probably the difference to being a but closer to city and maybe winning a trophy.

Be embarrassing to do that again.

Club keeps saying it's trying to compete. If that's the case it needs to be a million times better in the market.

bond19821982

Because we wasted last summer trying to get him and managed to add no starters to the squad.

Probably the difference to being a but closer to city and maybe winning a trophy.

Be embarrassing to do that again.

Club keeps saying it's trying to compete. If that's the case it needs to be a million times better in the market.
Nothing embarrassing. you don't pay 120m for a player during a pandemic season. I'm so
glad, that fans aren't running the transfers at United.

laughtersassassin

Nothing embarrassing. you don't pay 120m for a player during a pandemic season. I'm so
glad, that fans aren't running the transfers at United.
Can you not read the post? It's not embarrassing to not get him at that price. That's fine.

It's embarrassing to waste your entire window on him and not go and improve other positions etc if you want to wait a year to get him.

So it would be embarrassing if we repeated that.

We failed to have a good contingency plan.

Last year clearly our plan was to spend most of the budget on Sancho. We tried all summer and failed.

The funds or some of them should have been shifted to another position. Maybe DM or CB. Both of which we need this summer.

So now we still need a CB CDM and RW. To not sort any of those needed starting positions was poor as it has left us with too much to do this summer.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Can you not read the post? It's not embarrassing to not get him at that price. That's fine.

It's embarrassing to waste your entire window on him and not go and improve other positions etc if you want to wait a year to get him.

So it would be embarrassing if we repeated that.

We failed to have a good contingency plan.

Last year clearly our plan was to spend most of the budget on Sancho. We tried all summer and failed.

The funds or some of them should have been shifted to another position. Maybe DM or CB. Both of which we need this summer.

So now we still need a CB CDM and RW. To not sort any of those needed starting positions was poor as it has left us with too much to do this summer.
I read the post very clearly and I will be clear one more time . The original context was about us fecking up on Sancho transfer again. This has nothing to do with any other signings. I will repeat- we didn't feck up on Sancho last year. We won't be fecking up on Sancho this year as well. That's my response to the Bayern fan.

Other signings, positions has nothing to do with what I explained. We may be incompetent but whatever we did last year was the right move. The original post from the Bayern fan is a WUM.

RkkMan

Very reliable source in Germany

BorisManUtd

This could be another long summer regarding Sancho :lol: small chances he's coming until after Euros that start in 6 days and then nothing can be solved until England get out of the competition and realistically they should get at least to the round of 16.

I was optimistic last summer that he'd come, it seems likely to happen now again but won't get my hopes up, it's been exhausting year or two of Sancho rumours.

Edit: only just saw RkkMan's post. Hopefully news are true. 90M euros is okay price imo.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

I read the post very clearly and I will be clear one more time . The original context was about us fecking up on Sancho transfer again. This has nothing to do with any other signings. I will repeat- we didn't feck up on Sancho last year. We won't be fecking up on Sancho this year as well. That's my response to the Bayern fan.

Other signings, positions has nothing to do with what I explained. We may be incompetent but whatever we did last year was the right move. The original post from the Bayern fan is a WUM.
Fair but I don't think you can look at signings in a vacuum. I'd be very concerned if we chase Sancho all summer again and missed out.

The fact City Chelsea and Liverpool added players to their starting 11 last summer and we didn't was not a good look.

We will need to make up for that this summer for sure.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d really rather we didn’t negotiate and got this done today rather than next week, even if it costs us £10m more

croadyman

Something that feels different to last year is we have heard a lot less from Watzke & Zorc on this, suggests to me they aren't as confident that he is going to stay this time around but maybe I am reading it totally wrong

laughtersassassin

When you think what we spent on Lukaku, 90 million Euros for Sancho is a bargain.
Exactly. We got to remember this is guy is 21.

Rated ahead of Foden when they where both at City.

Maybe that doesn't translate to the men's game but right now Sancho is only behind Halaand and Mbappe in the the young players bracket.

Having himself and Greenwood would be very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.