Television James Corden

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Is apparently going to be the new host of the Late Late Show.

:lol:

Poor America. They've already been lumped with Gervais and Piers Morgan and now they have to suffer James Corden. I wonder if they still think that they won the war of Independence? If we can just get McIntyre and Howard across the pond it'll be the biggest British atrocity on American soil since we burned down the White House.

This can only go very badly. It's going to be hilarious. Only, unintentionally.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
We will think he is awful, they will think he is brilliant, he'll lose 50 pounds, probably bag himself a stunner and have a regular slot on TV over there from now until forever.

I don't think he is funny but fair play to him.

SmashedHombre

We will think he is awful, they will think he is brilliant, he'll lose 50 pounds, probably bag himself a stunner and have a regular slot on TV over there from now until forever.

I don't think he is funny but fair play to him.
Well as long as it's over there, and not over here. I'm doubtful of his reception though, considering he is following Ferguson who is a genuinely charismatic and funny guy. Corden is a wet blanket whose schtick would bring cringes from your mates down the pub on a Saturday night.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is apparently going to be the new host of the Late Late Show.

Poor America. They've already been lumped with Gervais and Piers Morgan and now they have to suffer James Corden. I wonder if they still think that they won the war of Independence? If we can just get McIntyre and Howard across the pond it'll be the biggest British atrocity on American soil since we burned down the White House.

This can only go very badly. It's going to be hilarious. Only, unintentionally.

There's nothing more annoying than at the end of Russell Howard's show. After he's spent the last half an hour with his tongue sticking out his bottom lip taking the piss out of people with a school boy "durrr you stupid" humour, he then gets all serious and basically follows the horrible "share this if you have a heart" model adopted from dick heads of Facebook.

He'll show us a picture of something like a British serviceman's daughter who has just beaten cancer and finishes his show by saying something shit like "and if we can all take a moment to appreciate that she is a real hero, thank you and good night".

Wang eyed twat.

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Is there anything more annoying than at the end of Russell Howard's show after he's spent the last half an hour with his tongue sticking out his bottom lip taking the piss out of people with a school boy "durrr you stupid" humour, he gets all serious and basically follows the horrible "share this if you have a heart" model from dickheads of Facebook and shows us a picture of something like a British servicemans daughter who has just beaten cancer and finishes his show by saying something shit like "and if we can all take a moment to appreciate that she is a real hero, thank you and good night".
I'm sure I probably agree with you, but I can't get more than halfway through this sentence without my brain just giving up. I've read the first half of it about 18 times mind you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm sure I probably agree with you, but I can't get more than halfway through this sentence without my brain just giving up. I've read the first half of it about 18 times mind you.
Yeah I'm not quite sure what happened there. Got a little bit carried away and forgot punctuation.

CrashDavis

To be honest I've never watched that sports show he hosts but if his interviewing skills haven't improved since the World Cup show he did in 2010 (was it?) he's going to be an absolute disaster. Strange decision.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I thought for a second you were talking about RTE's Late Late Show :lol:

Bad choice. Ferguson was brilliant.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Remember that spell when he started appearing on basically every show on every single television channel?

Possibly the darkest period in the history of humanity.

Him and Michael Owen are the only two people on earth who possess the ability to come across as complete twats despite their inability to be in any way offensive.

saivet

I like him on a league of their own however all the other shows I've watched him it's been either awkward or just downright not funny. I've not watched it for a while and maybe it was only because I was younger at the time I thought his character of Smithy was funny at the time.

Either way, a lot more bad than good from him. I've never even heard of this show but going by his record, he'll probably flop.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I actually think Ferguson's interviews with some female guests were quite amusing. Corden however is a plague, and a big fat one too. Hopefully He's going to fail spectacularly.
Ferguson is fantastic, but yeah, his interviews with pretty women are especially great. I like his style, fantastically absurd stuff, just taking the piss out of the talk show format.

Corden will be awful. He'll be so damn earnest about the whole thing. No fun.

Ibi Dreams

I genuinely don't get why he's so popular, he's awful. Wouldn't imagine he'd make a good live host either, he's been terrible at The Brits for the last few years when I've caught it.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I think he great

League of their own is one of the best shows on TV
I like that show, but there's a particular element to his character that really gets on my goat, and it's one I've seen in other people to. It is simply as follows: Intense fake laughter at someone else to divert attention back onto himself after someone else may have done or said something funny. It is just so insincere, obvious and painful to watch. He just seems desperate for attention. Another guy who does it is that scouse bloke that was in Snatch who was on Soccer AM last weekend. Absolute cnuts.

Hoof the ball

you've got to be kidding!!! James Corden is the kind of dufus who is popular with the British LAD half-wit mentality, appeals to a certain demographic for his ability to be fat, talentless and somehow famous for the sake of being famous. Even the American's will see through his schtick in no time. About as much natural charisma as a labotomised Michael Owen.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I like that show, but there's a particular element to his character that really gets on my goat, and it's one I've seen in other people to. It is simply as follows: Intense fake laughter at someone else to divert attention back onto himself after someone else may have done or said something funny. It is just so insincere, obvious and painful to watch. He just seems desperate for attention. Another guy who does it is that scouse bloke that was in Snatch who was on Soccer AM last weekend. Absolute cnuts.
Stephen Graham? I stopped watching Soccer AM a few years ago because that guy was on it virtually every week. Wonder if he still takes appearances in turns with Lethal Bizzle, Jon McClure, Razor Ruddock and the plethora of nondescript shite indie bands that they always have on. One of the worst shows on TV when you consider how good it used to be.

Mickey Flanagan does that laugh thing too. Laughs like a fecking demented moron with his mouth wide open, head back and completely over the top, gradually getting louder and finding something funnier as the time progresses. Each of his laughs take about 10 minutes to complete.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Stephen Graham? I stopped watching Soccer AM a few years ago because that guy was on it virtually every week. Wonder if he still takes appearances in turns with Lethal Bizzle, Jon McClure, Razor Ruddock and the plethora of nondescript shite indie bands that they always have on. One of the worst shows on TV when you consider how good it used to be.

Mickey Flanagan does that laugh thing too. Laughs like a fecking demented moron with his mouth wide open, head back and completely over the top, gradually getting louder and finding something funnier as the time progresses. Each of his laughs take about 10 minutes to complete.
Yeah that's the tit. He and Corden have the exact same trait, so irritating. Totally agree with you regarding the show too, it's utterly tragic. There is no redeeming feature to it at all and its continued existence is an insult to TV and us all. I don't mind Flanagan as much because he's not a bad comedian IMO but I can see why he could annoy you, similar habit to the two former cnuts but not as extreme.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Yeah that's the tit. He and Corden have the exact same trait, so irritating. Totally agree with you regarding the show too, it's utterly tragic. There is no redeeming feature to it at all and its continued existence is an insult to TV and us all. I don't mind Flanagan as much because he's not a bad comedian IMO but I can see why he could annoy you, similar habit to the two former cnuts but not as extreme.
I honestly don't know what age group Soccer AM is aimed at these days. Who could possibly watch it and find it remotely funny or entertaining, it's just shite, tired humour aimed at simpletons. More than had it's day. Farm it off to the US along with Corden, it's already called "Soccer" AM too.

Lu Tze

Needs to be incorporated into the Iceland supply chain. Awful "comedian". I can't stand it when he laughs mentally at his own jokes.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm going to assume this is in the entertainment forum due to his mind-boggling link to the late late show and nothing else.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Not a fan of Corden of course, but generally speaking Ferguson is a tough act to follow. Best talk show host in years and one that doesn't require cheesy sketches and dire skits to go through the show.