Television James Corden

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I have a theory that comedy is inextricably linked to bullying. Comedians are either the bullied kid trying to get a laugh to divert attention from themselves, or the class bully coming up with zinging one liners to humiliate other kids and entertain the rest of his class. There's something quite damaged about so many comedians, you just can't help thinking there's torment at the heart of their upbringing. All of which means our unconscious bully/bullied sensors get triggered if a comedian is hitting the wrong notes and we immediately want to either bully them or give them a smack for being a bully. Not sure that makes sense, written down. It did when I thought it.
I like this theory immensely.

He just comes across as a very hard to like person.

An attention seeking queen. If he encounters someone funnier/more entertaining than him (which happens a lot), he just makes himself louder than them instead.

The sort of person who has to leave before the evening can relax and enjoy itself.
Nah, it's just that he's an unfunny man with no redeeming qualities other than the ability to be loud and insecure.

Loud people need to either be funny or making a point about something. Otherwise it's just an excess of unwanted noise, which is about the most naturally annoying type of thing there is (excluding the redcafe Manchester United forum)
Absolutely bang on the money.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't really mind him. I liked Gavin and Stacey, though League of Their Own is pretty insufferable, for about a million reason. I'd agree he can be a bit Troy McClure: "Hahahahaha. That's a great anecdote. Now you tell one." but ultimately he seems like an okay guy. Or at least okay relative to what someone in his line of work can be. He just seems desperate to be liked, which is never really a very appealing quality in people.

Tarrou

That skit was fecking dreadful.

American and UK English is different? How hilarious!

Relem

Gavin and Stacey is the only half decent thing my Mrs watches, and for that alone, I love the big fat bugger.

reelworld

Finally watched his first eps as the Late Late Show host. I thought he was decent-ish. Reading the comments here I thought he'll be major ass, he actually comes across as too nice. Like @Brophs said, he kinda try too hard to be liked, which is not a good thing. I probably shouldn't compare it to Ferguson's but since he's his direct replacement it's hard not to do. Ferguson's TLLS was a stand out because it doesn't looks like any other late night talk show. He doesn't have a band, he doesn't use cards, and he's charming enough to give an aura of 'doesn't give a damn' while still being likable. Corden's version is now looks like any other late night talk shows. At one point, like Craig, I think he has to start to make it his own whatever that is. It took Ferguson some time to find his niche too

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I like him and think he's doing fine, as the month progresses we should start to see his more acerbic side start to come through especially with some of the guests coming on that he really knows already. I like it when he goes into rant mode and with it being the late late night show he should be able to really get experimental.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Will they manage to get Patrick Stewart on though?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I reckon that any Brit who somehow manages to get a show in the US will be popular and do well over there, purely because they love the accent and will, therefore, overlook any other deficiencies. I mean, Piers Morgan! Case closed.

saivet

Never watched the show but saw this video which I found pretty funny. Got 3m views on Youtube and 7m views on Facebook. Any people actually watch this show? Is he doing well then?

A lot of people seem to not like him but I quite like the fella.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When I saw this bumped I was hoping for a serious accident of some sort.

JP77

Never watched the show but saw this video which I found pretty funny. Got 3m views on Youtube and 7m views on Facebook. Any people actually watch this show? Is he doing well then?

A lot of people seem to not like him but I quite like the fella.
He's doing a pretty decent job so far actually. There was a stage where he was popping up on numerous shows in the UK and some people got tired of him because of that. Fair play to the guy, doing a good job so far with this one.

JoaquinJoaquin

I find him about as funny as a migraine.. But fair play to him if he is doing ok in the good ol’ U.S

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
He's an absolute wanker. Can't stand the guy.

nemanja nemagic

Can't stand him, really unfunny. The habit of laughing at your own jokes pisses me off no end. So many of my friends love him as well. Wankshaft.

Can see him doing well in America though. Especially with those kind of viewing figures on youtube

diarm

Gavin & Stacey was great. Really well made, funny and friendly tv.
I liked that first foray he had out of G&S, I think it was Comic Relief when he gave out to the England team and was all over Beckham.

His show during the world cup was an atrocity.
A League of their Own is utter shite.
Every single thing he's been on since G&S has been painful to watch.

I wish the guy well in America and don't get the hatred thing, but the combination of smile till you bleed US television and himself, mean I won't be tuning in.

Hoof the ball

I will say one thing, though. MAJOR props for Corden putting all those Brit music acts on his show......

Noel Gallagher, Manic Street Preachers? Especially the Manic's. That was the first ever American tv appearance....

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I'm British and I like the guy.

Gavin & Stacey was excellent TV.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He was good at reading the football results though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Supposedly a grade A cnut away from the cameras.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I don't really mind him. I liked Gavin and Stacey, though League of Their Own is pretty insufferable, for about a million reason. I'd agree he can be a bit Troy McClure: "Hahahahaha. That's a great anecdote. Now you tell one." but ultimately he seems like an okay guy. Or at least okay relative to what someone in his line of work can be. He just seems desperate to be liked, which is never really a very appealing quality in people.
I didn't know him until he popped up on that US chat show as I've never watched anything he had been in in the UK. So he doesn't annoy me particularly and nowhere near as annoying as Letterman (a low bar as he was a hugely smug twat).

Not that I watch him much.

Last edited: