James Robson: Man Utd have left Ole with a bloated & imbalanced squad wasting over £1m p/w in wages

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Still have Romero and Jones to go, then the clear-out will be complete.

Kinda crazy to think how much deadwood we had/have:

Romero

Young
Smalling
Rojo
Darmian

Fellaini
Jones

Sanchez
Lukaku
Depay

Can make a bloody full team of them.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
--------------------Romero
Darmian Smalling Rojo Dalot
--------------Fellaini-----Pereria
Sanchez---------Lingard----------Young
----------------------Lukaku

A full team let go under Ole should the loans become full time. Timo also there.

Marwood

Not sure where else to put this.

Well done Ole.

It's pretty simple to curb it even further and I'm sure they will.

Five centre backs and three hundred goalkeepers aren't needed.

dal

Grealish 200k
Rashford 300k
Greenwood 150k
Cavani 250k
Kane 300k
Dilalo 100k
Bruno 300k

Maguire 150k
Shaw 150k

henderson 150k

Ole 350k

If we get Kane and Grealish or someone of their profile this is how I see the wage bill in 1-2 years

£2.2 million a week or £110 million a year on our core group and we probably double that for everyone else’s wages.

£250 million a year is thus manageable which is where I see us heading.

Thing is this will inevitably go up as it always does but turnover must aswell.

We need to keep it at 55 percent of turnover.

To keep football sustainable there needs to be regulatory change at government level to ensure FairPlay however a balance where new owners can come in and inject sensible capital.

I truly believe though there’s always a way around it, I mean why does a Man City player never want to leave? They must be getting a lot more money through other “legitimate” means.

red thru&thru

I feel like renewing Mata and Matic for three years was a mistake

and Jones obviously

but other that that Ole's done a great job of trimming the fat
The renewing of Mata & Matic would have been more about their personality within the group. Sometimes overlooked these kind of things.

Jones? Probably was to protect their investment but never really went the way they thought it would I guess. Pretty sure they were hoping for a Jesse Lingard situation.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
plenty of other savings to be made-

de gea & henderson - £0 p/w
seeing as they are sharing duties, we inform them that they are sharing wages. it’s always the other keeper’s turn with the wages.

maguire - £75k p/w
sign partnerships with strongbow dark fruits and tui and subsidise his wages with tins and package breaks to the med.

wan bissaka- £0 p/w
everytime he comes to complain he has not been paid, distract him with a loose ball for him to slide tackle and slink out of the room.

fred - £0k p/w £1m goal bonus
with this wage structure he will stop taking shots as a joke.

kane - £50k p/w
bring back mourinho and kane will play for him for next to nothing.

bsCallout

I feel like renewing Mata and Matic for three years was a mistake

and Jones obviously

but other that that Ole's done a great job of trimming the fat
Mata and Matic are two of the most experienced Prem players there are. It is probably a good idea to have players like that around with such a young squad. Most of the others players in the squad haven't won anything.

red thru&thru

Romero

Young
Smalling
Rojo
Darmian

Fellaini
Jones

Sanchez
Lukaku
Depay

Pretty harsh to call Romero "deadwood". He NEVER let us down in a game he played and always remained the upmost professional.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Lee Grant

Young
Smalling
Rojo
Darmian

Fellaini
Jones

Sanchez
Lukaku
Depay

Youre welcome

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
Other than the goalkeeping department, Ole's done a brilliant job with our wage structure. When the other remaining waste of spaces like Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc. are gone, it'll be so much easier to add to this squad.

bsCallout

Grealish 200k
Rashford 300k
Greenwood 150k
Cavani 250k
Kane 300k
Dilalo 100k
Bruno 300k

Maguire 150k
Shaw 150k

henderson 150k

Ole 350k

If we get Kane and Grealish or someone of their profile this is how I see the wage bill in 1-2 years

£2.2 million a week or £110 million a year on our core group and we probably double that for everyone else’s wages.

£250 million a year is thus manageable which is where I see us heading.

Thing is this will inevitably go up as it always does but turnover must aswell.

We need to keep it at 55 percent of turnover.

To keep football sustainable there needs to be regulatory change at government level to ensure FairPlay however a balance where new owners can come in and inject sensible capital.

I truly believe though there’s always a way around it, I mean why does a Man City player never want to leave? They must be getting a lot more money through other “legitimate” means.
Grealish, Kane and Cavani all on our books? :lol: :lol:

Jezpeza

A full team let go under Ole should the loans become full time. Timo also there.
With proper patterns of play from a good manager thats title winning standard

Jezpeza

You for real?
haha no its a trolling of people who think the importance of the quality of personnel is zero compared to the managers ‘tactics’ and then bash ole for ‘underschieving’.

that lineup highlights the issues we have had and how the squad is improving .

GazTheLegend

This is why some of us were so ardently Ole in. He's basically done what the caf had been complaining about for ten years within the space of what, a season and a half? And managed to challenge for the title despite that insane level of disruption and squap gapping? It's been good work.

dal

Grealish, Kane and Cavani all on our books? :lol: :lol:
Or similar players, Cavani may not be here but someone similar as a backup.

I seriously don’t get the laughter of Kane and Grealish.

Grealish is very realistic as we need creativity and Kane is more improbable but definitely gettable.

If we had both of them we would have a lot more creativity in our squad and could field Rashford, Bruno, Kane and Grealish at the same time.l without a problem.

With Lingard, Pogba and Martial being sold its definitely feasible financially also.

Jezpeza

QUOTE="dal, post: 27135984, member: 81077"]
Or similar players, Cavani may not be here but someone similar as a backup.

I seriously don’t get the laughter of Kane and Grealish.

Grealish is very realistic as we need creativity and Kane is more improbable but definitely gettable.

If we had both of them we would have a lot more creativity in our squad and could field Rashford, Bruno, Kane and Grealish at the same time.l without a problem.

With Lingard, Pogba and Martial being sold its definitely feasible financially also.
[/QUOTE]

kane is really gettable this summer. If the owners had a clue they’d make a disruptive incredibly public offer of £80m for him as soon as the season is over and then watch the fireworks and wait for levy to ring.

Falcow

haha no its a trolling of people who think the importance of the quality of personnel is zero compared to the managers ‘tactics’ and then bash ole for ‘underschieving’.

that lineup highlights the issues we have had and how the squad is improving .
Absaloutely correct and for those in any doubt see Liverpool with and without VVD....from 99 points to looking likely to miss out on top 4. A 30 point swing.

Actually may I take this opportunity to.........LOL :D

largelyworried

I would love to know the closest we ever got to actually putting out that team.

CM

It’s honestly testament to how good of a job Ole has done. He has improved the age profile, quality and depth in the squad whilst spending relatively little and trimming the wage bill.
Agreed. He doesn't get enough credit for how well he's managed this compared to his predecessors.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Quite a lot of deluded people talking about Kane, Grealish and Sancho when we just gave our crooked CB who the manager doesn't fancy a new deal.

I think some of you are in for a rude awakening this summer.

Oldyella

Pretty harsh to call Romero "deadwood". He NEVER let us down in a game he played and always remained the upmost professional.
Or Smalling. Time to move him on? Yes. But he wasn't deadwood. Neither was Depay tbh, it didn't work out but he never got to deadwood stage.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
With proper patterns of play from a good manager thats title winning standard
This type of comment reminds me of a class trip back in 2001 when one of my classmates heard a cool guy use a phrase during the trip, and he would start using it himself all the time for the rest of the schoolyear.

That is what I feel when I see someone write "patterns of play". It's the new cool phrase that everyone writes, but doesnt expand upon.

I want Manchester United to play in a dodecahedron pattern before any ball is played out the 16m box, followed up with a chiliagon style pattern before any shot attempt is made. One touch only. And make sure De Gea shifts twice to the left on the bench every pass damnit.

Agreed. He doesn't get enough credit for how well he's managed this compared to his predecessors.

moyes just didn’t have a clue, and LVG and Jose only thought short term and couldn’t care less about what happened even 12 months down the line.

this is why we’ve needed a Director of Football or someone similar to look at the long term planning. OGS cares about the future of the club, and will be the only manager post fergie who has improved the club, and if/ when he leaves it will be in a far better position that when he took over.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Has Liverpool's cost gone up and ours down? Would be interesting to know where their costs increases have come from/who specifically

Jezpeza

This type of comment reminds me of a class trip back in 2001 when one of my classmates heard a cool guy use a phrase during the trip, and he would start using it himself all the time for the rest of the schoolyear.

That is what I feel when I see someone write "patterns of play". It's the new cool phrase that everyone writes, but doesnt expand upon.

I want Manchester United to play in a dodecahedron pattern before any ball is played out the 16m box, followed up with a chiliagon style pattern before any shot attempt is made. One touch only. And make sure De Gea shifts twice to the left on the bench every pass damnit.
Haha. Eight times a game, I want to see us play the same pivot through midfield followed by triangle on the right of final third and cross into box from overlapping wan bissaka.

opposition manager will not, i repeat not spot it in the tapes of our games and block it.

shitty ole and his lack of patterns

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Not sure how Romero is getting tied into the same deadwood name as the likes of Jones or Rojo. He was free, he was happy being a back up for most of his time here and when he played he was mostly very good.

cyril C

Woodward is acting stupidly here. If OGS has told him "Rojo/Darmian/[NAME] will not play and are surplus to requirements", it would be wise to offload them even at a cut-price.
You sound like anyone was willing to pay anything for Rojo. It was more like giving us X million and we will take him off your hand.

LInkash

When we were top of the league, Woodward must have told Ole to rein it in as he didn't want us to have to pay league win bonuses.

sugar_kane

Fun fact - Rashford has played 40 more games for United than Phil Jones.

He made his debut 5 years after him.