g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

James Rodriguez

Ling

I have to give myself one pat on the back. Sigh, I could be ITK for Real Madrid :lol:
Too bad I know shit for United :(

Zii

Someone should post their spending since the Ronaldo transfer, with James now costing 60 million, they must be close to Half a billion since ronaldo?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Someone should post their spending since the Ronaldo transfer, with James now costing 60 million, they must be close to Half a billion since ronaldo?
I read that they've spent more on Ronaldo, Bale and Rodrigues than Ajax has in their 114 year history. It isn't like Ajax are a small club either.

Jagga7

I fecking hate Real. The tapping-up, globetrotter fecks.
Yeh me as well, can't stand them.

On paper their attack is incredible but the team looks vulnerable defensively. With a midfield of Kroos, Modric and Rodriguez with Marcelo and Carvajel at wingbacks, I wonder who's going to defend! They will smash all the smaller teams but against bigger teams they could struggle especially if they sell Khedira and Di Maria.

Zii

Yeh me as well, can't stand them.

On paper their attack is incredible but the team looks vulnerable defensively. With a midfield of Kroos, Modric and Rodriguez with Marcelo and Carvajel at wingbacks, I wonder who's going to defend! They will smash all the smaller teams but against bigger teams they could struggle especially if they sell Khedira and Di Maria.
Who needs to defend if you will simply outscore them

Bestie07

Well it helps when almost every player keeps pleading to join them.
Well they've worked very hard to convince everyone that joining them is the pinnacle of club football ever since Perez started with his Galacticos policy and it has worked. This is what happens when you buy WPOTY multiple times as they did with Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and our Ronaldo. Players begin to feel that joining them would give them a chance to be considered in the same echelon of players. We have done pretty much the opposite.

Zii

He just singed

So I added up what they spent.

This season is 90 Million spent with no players out.
Last season 150+ Million with 75 Million Out
Previous 30 Million ( 2 Transfers have no price so closer to 40+) No players out.
Previous 25 Million with 8 Million out
Previous 191 Million (Not including DiMaria) with 30 million out.

So in 5/6 seasons they have spent - 486 Million, round it up to half a billion with all the little undisclosed signings with 150 Million Out. So in 5 years they spent 350 Million. That is a staggering amount of money + Wages / Agent fees.
How are they not in a breach of FFP for casually dropping another 100 million this year?

Bestie07

He just singed

Previous 30 Million ( 2 Transfers have no price so closer to 40+) No players out.

So in 5/6 seasons they have spent - 486 Million, round it up to half a billion with all the little undisclosed signings with 150 Million Out. So in 5 years they spent 350 Million. That is a staggering amount of money + Wages / Agent fees.
How are they not in a breach of FFP for casually dropping another 100 million this year?
They have the highest revenue in the world plus I am guessing their earnings before you factor in the transfer fees are over a hundred million. They are what we could be if most of the money we generated was put back into the club.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I
He just singed

I could be wrong but the basic principle of FFP is that clubs can't spend more than what they earn. They earn a bucketload in revenue, so they'll be fine FFP wise.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Am I the only one who thinks their transfer strategy this season has been really bad? For the last few years they've been building a balanced, disciplined and effective side only to dismantle it after achieving the biggest success in club football in order to make space for more and more attacking talent. Ancelotti has essentially had the chemistry of his side torn apart and I'm certain it wasn't his doing. It's not the first time Perez has done it and we all remember what happened 10 years ago.
Am I being overly negative here? What do the RM fans think?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
He just singed

Last season they recouped around €120m, they sold Ozil and Higuain for huge fees and also sold a few other squad players too. In recent years they've sold players in large numbers and some for huge fees too, their net spend really isn't that high.

This year they've recouped €20m on Morata and will get around €60m for Di Maria most likely. So again that's another error in your post about not having recouped anything this year so far.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Am I the only one who thinks their transfer strategy this season has been really bad? For the last few years they've been building a balanced, disciplined and effective side only to dismantle it after achieving the biggest success in club football in order to make space for more and more attacking talent. Ancelotti has essentially had the chemistry of his side torn apart and I'm certain it wasn't his doing. It's not the first time Perez has done it and we all remember what happened 10 years ago.
Am I being overly negative here? What do the RM fans think?
It's all Perez in my eyes. Barça win the treble in 2009, he signs Ronaldo, Alonso, Benzema and Kaka. 2013 Barça signs Neymar, Perez signs Bale. This year Barça signs Suarez, Perez signs James. Team balance will be interesting here.

El-Manos

feck sake, it's a done deal I take it? Woody, what was that shit about outbidding other teams due to our financial strength?:mad:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
feck sake, it's a done deal I take it? Woody, what was that shit about outbidding other teams due to our financial strength?:mad:
I know this is beside the point, but James was never going to the premier league let alone united. He wouldn't fancy it.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We could bid 200 million and Rodriguez would still put his foot down and join the 'magical' Real Madrid. Especially with these south americans we have no chance vs them.

saivet

It feels (probably not the case) like they just saw him at the WC and just said "feck it, let's buy this kid".

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I

I could be wrong but the basic principle of FFP is that clubs can't spend more than what they earn. They earn a bucketload in revenue, so they'll be fine FFP wise.
They're on par with us or even ahead in terms of revenue, they can easily go and spend €150m each season and still keep up with the rules.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
We could bid 200 million and Rodriguez would still put his foot down and join the 'magical' Real Madrid. Especially with these south americans we have no chance vs them.
South Americans would never turn down Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Sarni

Plus we don't really need Rodriguez.

Zii

Last season they recouped around €120m, they sold Ozil and Higuain for huge fees and also sold a few other squad players too. In recent years they've sold players in large numbers and some for huge fees too, their net spend really isn't that high.

This year they've recouped €20m on Morata and will get around €60m for Di Maria most likely. So again that's another error in your post about not having recouped anything this year so far.
You can check the stats pal, have a look through.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2165&teamTabs=transfers

It's not an error in my post. "This year they've recouped €20m on Morata and will get around €60m for Di Maria most likely"
Di Maria is still a Madrid player, they haven't recouped anything from him.

El-Manos

I know this is beside the point, but James was never going to the premier league let alone united. He wouldn't fancy it.
Probably, we could have tried though.
Perhaps, was still worth trying though. We should be in for the best players in the world in my opinion. Especially after Woodward's promising interview you would expect some good news soon, time will tell.

Zii

Neither to they, but its about stocking up on good talent. Even if by some crazy miricale we got vidal, what happens when he is injured?

Sarni

Neither to they, but its about stocking up on good talent. Even if by some crazy miricale we got vidal, what happens when he is injured?
Well, surely we don't replace him with James Rodriguez then.

Raw

09/10:
Ronaldo: £80m
Kaka: £56m
Benzema: £25m
Arbeloa: £3.5m
Alonso: £30m
Di Maria: £20m

TOTAL: £214.5m

10/11:
Pedro Leon: £8m
Khedira: Undisclosed
Sergio Canales: £3.5m
Carvalho: £6.7m
Ozil: £12.4m

TOTAL: £30.6m

11/12:
Callejon: £5.5m
Coentrao: £25m
Varane: £8m
Altintop: Free
Sahin: £8m

TOTAL: £46.5m

12/13:
Modric: £33m
Lopez: £2.8m

TOTAL: £35.8m

13/14:
Isco: £23m
Illarramendi: £34m
Bale: £85.3m
Carvajal: £5m

TOTAL:

14/15:
Kroos: £24m
Rodriguez: £63m

Overall sum of £561.7m

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Agreed, I'd have been bemused if we had somehow signed him. I'm not convinced Mata at his best (and van gaal is the perfect man to get that out of him) isn't at least as good as this world cup wonder.

Sarni

09/10:

10/11:

11/12:

12/13:

13/14:

TOTAL:

14/15:

Overall sum of £561.7m
Funnily Mourinho who people accuse of spending millions upon millions to succeed was very frugal there. He probably broke even in most of his transfer windows.

Sarni

Agreed, I'd have been bemused if we had somehow signed him. I'm not convinced Mata at his best (and van gaal is the perfect man to get that out of him) isn't at least as good as this world cup wonder.
I think Mata is a better player honestly.

northbynorthwest

well maybe van gaal didnt want the player. Ed woodward doesnt just go around buying on whim under his own guise. He buys who van gaal wants

Djemba-Djemba

09/10:

10/11:

11/12:

12/13:

13/14:

TOTAL:

14/15:

Overall sum of £561.7m

All this too after that 3 or 4 year period at the start of the 2000's when they did their first Galactico policy and spent hundreds of millions. The money they have spent in recent history is just staggering. Could argue they've underachieved considering what they spend.

Zii

09/10:

10/11:

11/12:

12/13:

13/14:

TOTAL:

14/15:

Overall sum of £561.7m

Yeah I tried to add them up but some figures were hidden, thanks for updating.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Didn't Madrid say they made the Ronaldo money back just by his shirt sales?

In a way i do respect Madrid, all the money they make they pump it back into the team. With the sponsorship deals we have been making we should be doing the same.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mata has achieved a lot more in his career than James, if anything James still has a LOT to prove. 5 good games in the world cup doesn't mean you are a world beater. I.e Forlan.

Bestie07

Didn't Madrid say they made the Ronaldo money back just by his shirt sales?

In a way i do respect Madrid, all the money they make they pump it back into the team. With the sponsorship deals we have been making we should be doing the same.
We make that money thanks to the Glazers efforts and have no right to ask for the majority of it to be put back into the club according to many Glazer sympathizers here. To be fair to them they have put in a lot of money but they have never pushed extra hard for top players, like Madrid do, which would have taken us up a level even when we were reaching the Champions League finals.