James Rodriguez

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
You can check the stats pal, have a look through.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2165&teamTabs=transfers

It's not an error in my post. "This year they've recouped €20m on Morata and will get around €60m for Di Maria most likely"
Di Maria is still a Madrid player, they haven't recouped anything from him.
That is not a reliable site at all. They only spent €40 m in net last year, scroll down on the following link to players in and out in the players section.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Real_Madrid_C.F._season

Your post did have an error as you said they hadn't recouped anything so far, when they already have on Moratta.

Zen

They always use that shirt sales bullcrap, it's not exactly accurate, since about 90% of them shirts they are going to sell even without Ronaldo, just a different print on the back.

That site is saying they bought Keylar Navas too, rofl, poor Iker.

FromTheBench

Didn't Madrid say they made the Ronaldo money back just by his shirt sales?

In a way i do respect Madrid, all the money they make they pump it back into the team. With the sponsorship deals we have been making we should be doing the same.
We've spent around 120 million pounds in the last 10/11 months now. And more looking likely to come.

Bestie07

They always use that shirt sales bullcrap, it's not exactly accurate, since about 90% of them shirts they are going to sell even without Ronaldo, just a different print on the back.

That site is saying they bought Keylar Navas too, rofl, poor Iker.
Shirt sales argument is crap but there is truth in the fact that the overall commercial image of the club has improved since signing him. They were behind us in terms of revenue when they signed Ronaldo and have since seen a growth in revenue so large that at the moment their revenue dwarfs ours.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We've spent around 120 million pounds in the last 10/11 months now. And more looking likely to come.
But it took us to collapse on the field until the Glazers realised we needed to spend money. Compared to our rivals since Ronaldo left and the end the start of last season we haven't spent much at all.

Zen

That's also heavily down to the La Liga in general, both Real and Barca have gone bigger worldwide, probably a big part to Messi-Ronaldo duals, but I'm seeing more of that league everywhere I go, they've obviously sold their rights well, of which Barca and Real get the bigger cut than the other 18 teams, more substantially than Utd(or the top 4/5) do from the EPL rights.

Zii

That is not a reliable site at all. They only spent €40 m in net last year, scroll down on the following link to players in and out in the players section.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Real_Madrid_C.F._season

Your post did have an error as you said they hadn't recouped anything so far, when they already have on Moratta.
Alright lad calm down. I asked if someone could posts the stats as I was interested. Nobody did, so I looked on my own. We both came up with around half a billion anwyay, I was curious. No need to bitch about it

Raw

Since I got interested, I worked out how much they made from sales since 09/10.

09/10:
Garcia: £6m
Sneijder: £12.6m
Heinze: Undisclosed
Codina: Free
Bueno: Free
Huntelaar: £12.8m
Miguel Torres: £2m

TOTAL: £33.4m

10/11:
Van der Vaart: £8m
Diarra: Free

TOTAL: £8m

11/12:
Garay: £4.8m
Canales: £2.7m

TOTAL: £7.5m

12/13:
Altintop: £3m
Gago: £3m
Pedro Leon: £5m
Joselu: Undisclosed
Granero: £9m
Diarra: Undisclosed

TOTAL: £20m

13/14:
Higuain: £34.5m
Ozil: £42.5m
Kaka: Free
Carvalho: Free
Callejon: £8m
Albiol: £9.5m

TOTAL: £94.5m

14/15:
Morata: £16m
Sahin: £5.5m

TOTAL: £21.5m

Overall sum of £184.9m. So since 09/10, Real Madrid have spent a net total of £376.8m

FromTheBench

Shirt sales argument is crap but there is truth in the fact that the overall commercial image of the club has improved since signing him. They were behind us in terms of revenue when they signed Ronaldo and have since seen a growth in revenue so large that at the moment their revenue dwarfs ours.
Their shirt and merchandising deal was structured different to ours so it reflected on their revenue in a larger way and hence bloating their commercial revenue figure. It also meant added costs in running operations etc and manufacturing.... in relation to that.

Galactico era and Beckham was game changer more in relation to that anwyay than Cristiano Ronaldo.

prarek

So I added up what they spent.

This season is 90 Million spent with no players out.
Last season 150+ Million with 75 Million Out
Previous 30 Million ( 2 Transfers have no price so closer to 40+) No players out.
Previous 25 Million with 8 Million out
Previous 191 Million (Not including DiMaria) with 30 million out.

So in 5/6 seasons they have spent - 486 Million, round it up to half a billion with all the little undisclosed signings with 150 Million Out. So in 5 years they spent 350 Million. That is a staggering amount of money + Wages / Agent fees.
How are they not in a breach of FFP for casually dropping another 100 million this year?
I think a club of their size can comfortably afford to average around 70-80m a season on transfer spendings.

2014/15
Spent: 90m (Rodriguez 63m + Kroos 17.6m)
Sold: 23.5m (Morata 17.6m + Sahin 6.1m)
Net Spend: ~ -67m

2013/14
Spent: 146.5m (Bale 82.7m + Isco 26.4m + Illaramendi 26.4m + Carvajal 5.7m + Casameiro 5.2m)
Sold: 100.7m (Ozil 44m + Higuain 32.5m + Albiol 10.5m + Callejon 8.3m + Pedro Leon 5.2m)
Net Spend: ~ -46.5m

2012/13
Spent: 29.5m (Modric 26.5m + Lopez 3m)
Sold: 29.5m (Granero 7m + Canales 6.6m + Diarra 4.4m +Altintop 3m + Gago 3m)
Net Spend: ~0

2011/12
Spent: 48.5m (Coentrao 26.4m + Sahin 8.8m + Varane 8.8m + Callejon 4.4m)
Sold: 29.5m (Garay 4.8m)
Net Spend: ~ -44m

2010/11
Net Spend: ~ -73m

2009/10
Net Spend: ~ -149m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/real-madrid/transfers/verein/418/saison_id/2014

Last edited:

Bestie07

Their shirt and merchandising deal was structured different to ours so it reflected on their revenue in a larger way and hence bloating their commercial revenue figure. It also meant added costs in running operations etc and manufacturing.... in relation to that.
Yeah, but they still turn in handsome profits all the while spending huge amounts on transfers. Their business model is smooth, and most of their fans enjoy it although getting rid of perfectly good players might be irritating at times.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
This is obviously just their response to Barca signing Suarez. Just like last year, Barca signed Neymar so Madrid had to sign Bale.

Its like two rival film companies - as soon as one produces a movie about something, the other copies it shamelessly.

gaucho_10

Talk is:

40% image rights to the player
40% to Real Madrid
20% to Gestifute

Oneunited26

This is obviously just their response to Barca signing Suarez. Just like last year, Barca signed Neymar so Madrid had to sign Bale.

Its like two rival film companies - as soon as one produces a movie about something, the other copies it shamelessly.
The bale signing made sense, play a 433 with Ronaldo and bale holding the flanks but they both could play in the same team

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think a club of their size can comfortably afford to average around 70-80m a season on transfer spendings.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/real-madrid/transfers/verein/418/saison_id/2014
That's the site I'd look to as well. Across the past 5 seasons (excluding this one) they've averaged about £60m/year and that includes the Ronaldo/Kaka megayear.

An interesting one from last year:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/real-madrid/transfers/verein/418?saison_id=2013&pos=&detailpos=

Net spend £46m but average age of departures 27, average age of arrivals 21.

stepic

-----Kroos---Modric----
Bale------James------Ronaldo
--------Benzema------

whilst that is damn sexy going forward, i don't see how Kroos and Modric are defensively strong enough to support that front 4. Alonso still starting instead of Modric? what a waste of Modric and Isco for that matter. and dumping Di Maria after the season he's had.

it also means they will have to revert back to the 4231 which Carlos started the season with, and not the 433 which he ended it with -- and which won the CL for chrissakes.

Y2A

We could bid 200 million and Rodriguez would still put his foot down and join the 'magical' Real Madrid. Especially with these south americans we have no chance vs them.
This.

Oo0AahCantona

Madrid have stolen a march on the stars attracting stars culture. we could throw just as much money around as they do, but we wouldn't land nearly as many big names simply because they are seen as the pinnacle right now, and part of that is they have and have had the best players in the world in each and every position in their side for a decade. they represent the football equivalent of the big 3 miami heat apart from instead of losing Lebron, they added melo and kevin love. This is why players like Vidal are such a rarity for us, in a position we need to strengthen, best player of his type on the planet and seemingly available if we really went for it. Unless we can start to bring in big names, we will struggle to attract the big names, if you see what i mean. Obviously we have the history and the glamour of the premier league, but unless we show a real ambition for competing in Europe again the top market of players would rather take a sure thing in Barca or madrid. ignoring other factors like lifestyle/weather/whatever.

dsch

Incidentally, the Guardian article on Rodriguez mentions that Isco turned down a move to Manchester in favour of Real. That must have been City, right? I don't seem to remember hearing any Isco to United rumours.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Yes, Isco turned down City.

Fair play to Real Madrid. They truly just take what they want and don't mess around. Wish we behaved similarly once in a while with our targets.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Incidentally, the Guardian article on Rodriguez mentions that Isco turned down a move to Manchester in favour of Real. That must have been City, right? I don't seem to remember hearing any Isco to United rumours.
Yeah City, he was pretty close to them according to rumours and if Real decides to offload him they would be favorites imo because of Pellegrini, but to stay in Spain and go to Real/Barca was his preferable choice.

Cina

Yes, Isco turned down City.

Fair play to Real Madrid. They truly just take what they want and don't mess around. Wish we behaved similarly once in a while with our targets.
:lol: you're just the worst

If we paid £63m for a player we don't need seemingly purely because they had a really good World Cup I'd probably question the sanity of our owners.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rodriguez right now is arguably similar in talent to Isco was last summer, it just depends whether he will bed in properly.

I sense Ancelotti being forced to change his 4-3-3 formation, which more than likely is going to end up badly for Madrid. They had a great balance in their team for the first time in ages, and now it's going to go down the drain because Perez fancied a Galactico.

Oneunited26

-----Kroos---Modric----
Bale------James------Ronaldo
--------Benzema------

whilst that is damn sexy going forward, i don't see how Kroos and Modric are defensively strong enough to support that front 4. Alonso still starting instead of Modric? what a waste of Modric and Isco for that matter. and dumping Di Maria after the season he's had.

it also means they will have to revert back to the 4231 which Carlos started the season with, and not the 433 which he ended it with -- and which won the CL for chrissakes.
Well its like taking a super model out on a night out, and letting her go home alone down a dark alley way

gaucho_10

James, Kroos, Navas all Adidas players.

Under all of this, Perez, the business man is preparing for a future that is inevitably to come, the new TV deal.

Oneunited26

Well coca cola and pepsi are just taking all the exciting talent, if any club that is not madrid or barca had a world player of the year type player in their team, those 2 clubs just flash has much money as possible and they get them. Its bitter yes, but at times it is just taking the piss.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They can revert to Ancelotti's diamond here.

Casillas

Carvajal Ramos Varane Marcelo
Alonso
Modric -------- Kroos
James
Bale ------ Ronnie​

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Real are going to be awesome on the new FIFA that's for sure.
Real and Barca are always awesome at FIFA. They could lineup with Crouch and Heskey and EA would give them a 86 just because they are Real/Barca players^^

Oneunited26

Real and Barca are always awesome at FIFA. They could lineup with Crouch and Heskey and EA would give them a 86 just because they are Real/Barca players^^
We were never going to get great ratings, when we have cleverly fellaini valencia young and nani, and allot of these players started allot of games

NMF

So if we are in for Vidal is there a worry now that Madrid have signed Rodriguez they could go for Vidal?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
We were never going to get great ratings, when we have cleverly fellaini valencia young and nani, and allot of these players started allot of games
Yeah true, but I have always the impression that Barca and Real players get some bonus points, for example Rafael would have been a 82 or 83 if he had his 2012/13 season at Real, at United he was 78 or 79^^
Xavi is still a beast, Song is great, Pique overrated etc...
Bayern won the treble last year and still Barca and Real felt stronger, EA is a little bit like UEFA with their joke World XI selection last year.

That said, Real deserves to be strong in FIFA15, Barca not so much ;)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So if we are in for Vidal is there a worry now that Madrid have signed Rodriguez they could go for Vidal?
Don't see how they could fit him in to be honest, James will surely play centrally and they've already signed Kroos to partner Modric/Alonso.

Oneunited26

Yeah true, but I have always the impression that Barca and Real players get some bonus points, for example Rafael would have been a 82 or 83 if he had his 2012/13 season at Real, at United he was 78 or 79^^
Xavi is still a beast, Song is great, Pique overrated etc...
Bayern won the treble last year and still Barca and Real felt stronger, EA is a little bit like UEFA with their joke World XI selection last year.
To be honest I have not bought fifa in a long time, they probably do, but those 2 teams have an insane amount of good players, apart from their defenders