4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

Rooney must be really happy somewhere inside, this is really not a player who could challenge me... Should go on loan and paly and paly and play, this long pause wouldn't help anybody, he looks like stagnating or even reggresing from his form 2 seasons back..

Martial on

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Harsh taking him off, was feeding off scraps first half.

FromTheBench

Unless he was injured weirdest and harsh decision to take him off. And that too for a shit Rooney.

I quite fancy that he would have gotten a goal when the game opened up about after 65 minutes or so till end of ET.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Has no chance of making it here for me. Very average.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I hope he will make it playing for a smaller club. Probably his last game as a starter for United.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not the game for him. He could have done more but the only balls we played forward for much of the first half, were so bad they went out of play. I think it's a shame so many players lacked ambition. We need to get him much higher up the pitch.

m1y2

genuinely pissed I was convinced by entire caf here that he is a top prospect and started to believe it but he never looks like cutting it at top level. either it's for injuries or lack of confidence he jsut doesn!t seem good enough even for a bench appearance.. needs to get fit, almost all the time I see him he looks like he can run just 15 minutes and is saving energy for whatever reason, and perhaps a loan in championship/league 1, after one or two seasons let him go on preseason and at 22 he can be ready. His hold up play is non existent, aerial play something he is really bad at too.. sometimes even hhis biggest asset dribbling is off too, not strong enough for senior football but the loan could really help.

It's just really sad situation for him being 3rd striker in the team, Va Gaal trusting garbage Rooney and keeping Willo if anything happens but perhaps things change soon And we buy attacker in Jan and he gets his loan

kundalini

Shame about the injury, the lack of service, his modest contribution on the few occasions he received the ball, his minimal playing time this season, indeed the few mins he has had under LVG.

JoaquinJoaquin

genuinely pissed I was convinced by entire caf here that he is a top prospect and started to believe it but he never looks like cutting it at top level. either it's for injuries or lack of confidence he jsut doesn!t seem good enough even for a bench appearance.. needs to get fit, almost all the time I see him he looks like he can run just 15 minutes and is saving energy for whatever reason, and perhaps a loan in championship/league 1, after one or two seasons let him go on preseason and at 22 he can be ready. His hold up play is non existent, aerial play something he is really bad at too.. sometimes even hhis biggest asset dribbling is off too, not strong enough for senior football but the loan could really help.

It's just really sad situation for him being 3rd striker in the team, Va Gaal trusting garbage Rooney and keeping Willo if anything happens but perhaps things change soon And we buy attacker in Jan and he gets his loan
He didn't get much chance last night to be fair to him, And I'm one that isn't massively convinced by him to be honest.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Wilson is a player who certainly won't thrive under this regime. He's at his best when he can run with the ball, when we're attacking at pace and when there's space to use. Our approach won't stretch teams and in close quarters Wilson isn't as useful.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another underwhelming showing for him sadly. Even after a couple of games, people on here were still claiming that he is a similar talent to Martial, but I've never seen anything of the sort above reserve team level.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Frustrating, he's a very good finisher but just doesn't seem to get the service. Agree with Marjen, he's built for a counter attacking team, he'd do well at West Ham with the tactics they currently employ for example. Our slow plodding football simply isn't his cup of tea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's quite obviously above reserve level, he's just not at the standard required to line up for Manchester United. There's a smidge of difference there. Looks like he'll be going out on loan in January then. Can't see any more matches we can play him in.

FromTheBench

Wilson is a player who certainly won't thrive under this regime. He's at his best when he can run with the ball, when we're attacking at pace and when there's space to use. Our approach won't stretch teams and in close quarters Wilson isn't as useful.
This.

He is a player you wanna have when the game gets stretched. Would have been more useful after 70 minutes, imo. Actually as i said before would have fancied him to get a goal when the game opened up from that point to end of ET.

Born2Lose

Far too young to write him off, it's genuinely as if some people expect him to score a couple of goals every game he plays.

He does need to bulk up a bit though, going to a team like Bournemouth who have lost all their strikers would do him wonders I think.

pascell

Average performance last night but had to come deep to receive the ball, which isn't the kind of play he thrives in. I'd of loved to have seen him upfront whilst Martial and Lingaard were running on the counter with the ball.

Also, I'm not sure why people are claiming that's his last game for United? He signed a 4 year contract about 2 months ago, that's definitely not his last game, he'll go out on loan in January. Giggs also rates him highly, so I cant see him going anywhere permanently.

khoazany

Also, I'm not sure why people are claiming that's his last game for United? He signed a 4 year contract about 2 months ago, that's definitely not his last game, he'll go out on loan in January. Giggs also rates him highly, so I cant see him going anywhere permanently.
People just love to claim things like that on the internet so that when it turns out to be right they can say "I told you so".

Will always be difficult for him playing the way we did.Aerial ability and playing with his back to goal are his current weaknesses.The kind of through ball that Pereira put him through for his only shot in goal is how to use him, or just let him run with the ball near the box.

Of course to become a regular Man United striker he has to sort out those current downsides of his game.

Last edited:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I have a limited knowledge of his exploits, he seems to me to be best suited alongside another striker, something that's rarely done these days. That being said, a loan is in order, kid needs to play.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Was getting bullied and lost nearly every contest.
Not majorly surprising really considering his age, lack of experience, and the fact that he was playing as a lone striker against relatively solid opposition.

Once again people are being far too quick to write off a young player. It's a shame for him that he didn't go on loan somewhere this season. He needs regular games to develop his game, which tbf LvG said himself during the summer.

mav_9me

People just love to claim things like that on the internet so that when it turns out to be right they can say "I told you so".

Will always be difficult for him playing the way we did.Aerial ability and playing with his back to goal are his current weaknesses.The kind of through ball that Pereira put him through for his only shot in goal is how to use him, or just let him run with the ball near the box.

Of course to become a regular Man United striker he has to sort out those current downsides of his game.
Couldn't agree more. I still think he has the talent to at the very least be a squad player with us. As everybody has said he needs game time.

NinjaFletch

I'm not hugely impressed with what I've seen with him in general and yesterday was another performance to add to that.

I don't think he has the skill set to be much more than, at best, a poacher in the ilk of Hernandez and, therefore, a good squad player for us. I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong, of course, but I don't see the physical or technical attributes that will see him make it at the top of the game.

pascell

I agree but only game time will allow him to do so and training, of course. He could also do a job so us on the left.

Acole9

Outstanding
Disappointing from him, when you get opportunities to play at his age you've got to grab them and he didn't really do that. He definitely needs to go out on loan in January.

In Rainbows

Disappointing from him, when you get opportunities to play at his age you've got to grab them and he didn't really do that. He definitely needs to go out on loan in January.
Yeah, but he's still really young. I won't give up on his talent until at least another 2 years. He'll fill in physically and be better equip to playing with his back to goal.

wiz4231

He isnt strong enough, might do a job from then wings tho.
I've been thinking the same, playing Wilson and Martial as wide forwards wouldn't be to bad of an idea, I remember watching Wilson play as a RW in LVG first season and he did pretty well there, got goals and created more than a few chances in his limited time there.
I see Goss and Pereira as a well balanced CM pairing, Januzaj as a potential WC #10. I wouldn't mind seeing Depay upfront for a game or 2, where he doesn't have to do much tracking back, would not be restricted in a fixed position and would be able to focus solely on attacking what he's best at. There's alot of great talents we have at the club, I just they all get their due chance and we try to get the best out of them before we give up on them. There's also Pearson.

Devil81

Time to give the lad a run out or two, I can't fathom why he was trusted last season and not this.

Madness given our striker shortage.

jb8521

Time to give the lad a run out or two, I can't fathom why he was trusted last season and not this.

Madness given our striker shortage.
He's injured and had a virus for a couple of weeks before that

ZDwyr

He's also not really impressed when he has played.

tom33

Concerning that he's not in the squad today given the situation. I hope there is no truth in the rumours about attitude problems.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Concerning that he's not in the squad today given the situation. I hope there is no truth in the rumours about attitude problems.
What rumors would that be? Twitter-f*cktardation based on the fact that he chews gum? He's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.