James Wilson

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
It will be fitting for one young left footed Wilson to be given his debut by the last young left footed Wilson to be brought through by the club.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Apparently he is out of contract in the summer, is this true?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Isn't there a rule for u18s that they can sign max 2 year deals?
Don't know about that one.

It seems contracts mean little anyway, perhaps we just rely on being able to offer the kids enough to keep them when other clubs come in looking to lure them away.

Teams seem happy to increase the pay of young players as they make their way up, rather than trying to get a 'deal' by keeping them on their old contracts, the way the do in sports in the states.

Brightonian

Contracts do mean a great deal though, and limerickcitykid is right, until they're 18 we can only give them short contracts. That's the reason we regularly find ourselves in this position, and there's not a lot we can do about it other than trying to do everything we can to keep them.

We kept hold of Januzaj, and I can't see Wilson being as open to a move as Adnan, given that he's a local lad and has been with us longer. I'm not worried.

mo0

imports also structured differently. often those brought in at a certain age will have it so they're automatically offered a deal once they turn 18.

khoazany

He's already signed a professional contract at 17, I don't think the deal expired that soon.It would be the same as Januzaj - i.e will expired in the summer after his first year after graduation from the academy.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Wilson getting his debut, a little run out before the U21 final!

I'm just glad to see he's fit after coming off early and looking injured in the semi final. Great news for the final if he can get out of this game injury free.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Seen a fair few decent young strikers come through who look like they have something about them (many raved about Josh King, Macheda, Will Keane and obviously Welbeck) but Wilson really looks like a player who can achieve a lot and become a notable goalscorer.

I hope we can mould this one into our main striker. He strikes the ball so well.

LR7

Wilson getting his debut, a little run out before the U21 final!

I'm just glad to see he's fit after coming off early and looking injured in the semi final. Great news for the final if he can get out of this game injury free.
Yeah, maybe just cramp? I wouldn't have expected him to start tonight as I thought he was injured too. Hopefully he does well. I'm well excited now!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
1. He'll score
2. He'll hobble off with a knock, most likely to his ankle, sometime in the second half.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Wilsons definitely ready for a chance, he deserves it, let's hope he takes it I'm confident that he will.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
£15 on him at 4-1 for United's FGS. :P

ThanksBoss26

Having to listen to the Radio Five Live commentary tonight, they describe Wilson as a 'poacher.' Are there any similarities with Hernandez's style of play?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Having to listen to the Radio Five Live commentary tonight, they describe Wilson as a 'poacher.' Are there any similarities with Hernandez's style of play?
No, not really. Wilson is good at poaching, but that's not even one of his strongest points.

He can run half the field past an entire defense then dribble around the keeper to score. He has fantastic one-touch, turn-and-shoot skill, reminds me a bit of Van Persie in that way.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I haven't been keeping track at all. Is he proper good? What are the odds of him doing well for us next season ala Januzaj or will he go out on loan?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
No way. He isn't just a poacher. Although his finishing his first class.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I haven't been keeping track at all. Is he proper good? What are the odds of him doing well for us next season ala Januzaj or will he go out on loan?
Best offensive talent on the books not in the squad, imho. But it's so hard to break in as a striker, difficult to see him playing for the first team next season unless it's to play him in the cups and give him the odd sub appearance. Welbeck had such a season, for example, before his Sunderland loans.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

:')
Can't imagine how proud he is seeing his son score on his Premier League debut for Manchester United. Born barely an hour away from Old Trafford too.