Jamie Carragher - "Objective" Sky Pundit

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

Nice one, accusing the referrees of corruption while working for Sky.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's being facetious. Can see his point though. City could easily have had three penalties.

Lynk

"Banter" or not, accusing the referees of corruption is pretty fecking low. Lovely to see a panel of 2 ex Liverpool players and a former City player in the Studio too.

GloryHunter07

"Banter" or not, accusing the referees of corruption is pretty fecking low. Lovely to see a panel of 2 ex Liverpool players and a former City player in the Studio too.
Thats because the ex united players have proper jobs

Leg-End

I've just completely stopped watching pundits on all channels, no build up, half time I go make a tea, full time I turn it off.

Refreshing.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep but I wouldn't mind Carragher as he's open about his bias and to be fair criticises Liverpool when due. Souness I have no problem with I think he's balanced also but Redknapp is a joke and only praises united if they have been beaten.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I've just completely stopped watching pundits on all channels, no build up, half time I go make a tea, full time I turn it off.

Refreshing.
Started doing that a couple of years ago whenever I watched the match by myself - and I've been sticking to it ever since. Highly recommend it.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What else is he implying?
Oh come on. It's a joke. He's playing on the fact a lot of people within football felt referees were intimidated by Ferguson and hence, gave United favourable treatment. I've heard a few pundits/commentators make similar jokes. Lighten up.

Winrar

I wouldn't take that tweet with too much gravity.

To be fair Carragher has been bearable at worst as a pundit, there are certainly ones much worse like Jamie Redknapp. Can't stand his accent, though.

Zoo

I think it was a joke but it's poor from Carragher as a high profile pundit, officials are under enough pressure as it is. Oliver is usually good but he's young and today looked a bit out of his depth.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sky is incredibly biased. Today they had 3 ex Liverpool legends, a Manchester Shitty legend and Gaz discussing the match. We might as well discuss our game in a Liverpool supporters club.

Lynk

I think it was a joke but it's poor from Carragher as a high profile pundit, officials are under enough pressure as it is. Oliver is usually good but he's young and today looked a bit out of his depth.
Exactly. I don't see Neville baiting or criticizing refs.
Oh come on. It's a joke. He's playing on the fact a lot of people within football felt referees were intimidated by Ferguson and hence, gave United favourable treatment. I've heard a few pundits/commentators make similar jokes. Lighten up.
Again that's implying corruption. He works in the media as an objective pundit it for Sky, he already spends half of MNF comparing things to his time at Liverpool, he needs to drop the bias.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Oliver, with a view to trying to keep the card in the pocket, did not give yellows for professional fouls. Then makes it worse by carding a mistimed tackle.
He was alright after that. Smalling pretty much lost us the match...why block Hart's kick...and that second yellow...

I'm not among those wanting him out. He was decent other than those mistakes and van Gaal will handle him correctly.

Tarrou

They weren't blatant pens and in the replays you could see his view was blocked on two of them. We've had loads of claims like that this season too, more often than not you don't get them.

Don't really have a problem with Carragher saying stuff like this though, it's just a joke. Makes him look a bit unprofessional in his job, but he's always been a bit daft so it's not surprising.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Exactly. I don't see Neville baiting or criticizing refs.

Again that's implying corruption. He works in the media as an objective pundit it for Sky, he already spends half of MNF comparing things to his time at Liverpool, he needs to drop the bias.
It's not implying corruption. It's suggesting referees felt under more pressure when officiating during Manchester United games, particularly at Old Trafford, and that if affected their performance. Either way, it's just a joke, and I've not seen it even make the tabloids yet and they love whipping up a little shit-storm.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Pundit makes joke on Twitter and opposing fans gets overly outraged about it.

montpelier

Liverpool hardly struggle for decisions. He personally seemed to be very well treated by referees, esp versus Utd. The tweet is twattish.

I am outraged.

Getsme

Who gives a shit, it's a joke, even pundits are allowed to make them.

acnumber9

If he's going to joke about something he could at least do it with a modicum of wit.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This place has become a joke since Fergie retired

Raw

This is almost as silly as when Gary Lineker said 'shit' on Twitter and newspapers tried to force the idea that he'd get punished for it.

It's just a joke mate, lighten up. It was a bad result today but don't get crazy.

Acole9

Outstanding
They're cheeky bastards that lot in the sky studio having this delusional believe that the referees favour us. Utter rubbish and it's about time this nonsense was brought to an end.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He is not n objective pundit, but its just a joke tweet. He should probably not make the joke but whatever.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I like Carra, funny tweet and he's good on Sky with Nev. 10/10 would retweet again.

Butthurt United fans gurning for nothing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As long as he doesn't spout his bantz while in the studio then it's not really a problem. It's a non-issue as it is though.