Jamie Carragher

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s a twat but if he survived spitting on a 14 year old girl he’ll survive this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cringe monster. Saying Kate Abdo isn’t loyal to her fiancé on live tv. Look at Richard’s reaction.

What a strange thing to say. Weird man.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Is he trying to reference the "flirting" with Henry or is he literally just saying she's cheated on her partner?

It comes across terribly either way.

Mike Smalling

Is he trying to reference the "flirting" with Henry or is he literally just saying she's cheated on her partner?

It comes across terribly either way.
The most charitable interpretation I've come across is that he means "Not to Malik?" as a question rather than "Not to Malik!" as a definitive statement. Like he questions her putting her loyalty to a club over loyalty to her boyfiend. It would still be weird, but not quite as bad. But I don't think that's what it sounds like.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Is he not suggesting her partner supports another club?
I just googled and her partner appears to be an American boxer, so I'm going out on a limb and saying he likely doesn't have any strong loyalty to any Premier League club.

The most charitable interpretation I've come across is that he means "Not to Malik?" as a question rather than "Not to Malik!" as a definitive statement. Like he questions her putting her loyalty to a club over loyalty to her boyfiend. It would still be weird, but not quite as bad. But I don't think that's what it sounds like.
It definitely doesn't sound like a question. It's just a really odd thing to say.

I don't think he's getting sacked over it though, given he kept his job at Sky after literally spitting on a child.

90 + 5min

What? That's an absolute insane line of thinking?

So if Carragher thinks a racist joke is okay then so be it? We all have to go along with it?
Come on. We are not talking about illegal stuff here.

I'm not sure how much of them you have been watching but this has never been part of the banter.
Not exactly that. But they have been joking about a lot other things.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I just googled and her partner appears to be an American boxer, so I'm going out on a limb and saying he likely doesn't have any strong loyalty to any Premier League club.
Yeah her partner Malik Scott is a former boxer and now the trainer of Deontay Wilder

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But we are talking about things that are disciplinary worthy. Potentially even sackable. It’s not just a bit of banter, he has straight up accused his coworker of infidelity live on television. You don’t see the problem with this?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Agree. I have no idea why people would be upset with what Carragher said when this kind of conversation and language are used pretty much all the time by them.
That is how they have been talking to eachother pretty much all the time. Give and take. I would say Richards have been the one who have been on recieving side most. Who are we to tell where red line is for what is ok or not if you consider how they have been talking to eachother?
That is not for us to decide. If they talk to eachother like that in the studio why should we decide. She was surprised by that comment from Carragher but we know they have been joking a lot in their show.

She did react very surprised. Just laugh it off and go on and say something back. Like they have been doing previously.
Maybe it is for Carragher. People react differently to different things and have different humour.

That is up to her. Just answer with some funny comment back. What is inappropriate for someone don't need to be for another. If Carragher thinks it is ok with those jokes so be it. Like I said, they have been joking around every time they were on tv. For example Richards have been taking it and laughing it off every time they were at him.

Not exactly that. But they have been joking about a lot other things.
Is this satire / a character you’re playing or are these serious posts?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think carragher is someone who loves to give it but reallly can’t take it, he’s stood there in an Arsenal shirt and is really trying to deflect from that and come out with the most inappropriate belter that went down like a lead balloon. I wish people got stuck into him more, his head would go on live tele

IRELANDUNITED

Absolutely disgusting thing to “joke” about. Between this and spiting on children what does this imbecile need to do to get fired?

He offers absolutely no insight into football matches either, he’s just a Liverpool fan talking dross week in week out. He doesn’t seem to be intelligent enough to give a proper view.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Cringeworthy.

I never really understood his appeal.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
He's too used to people around him lifting him up as a footballing oracle. Loved his tenacity and attitude on the pitch, I thought he was very underrated at the time. Since then, I think that he's an absolute prat and can imagine that a lot of his teammates probably wanted to knock seven bells out of him.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
He's too used to people around him lifting him up as a footballing oracle. Loved his tenacity and attitude on the pitch, I thought he was very underrated at the time. Since then, I think that he's an absolute prat and can imagine that a lot of his teammates probably wanted to knock seven bells out of him.
Emblematic of your mediocrity during that period that Carragher lasted as long as he did in the Liverpool team. Should've been booted out years before.

Martin(6)Buchan

Gary talks some shit at times, but this man jesus how the hell does he get away with the crap he talks all the time

Stadjer

Jose nails it.

Time to close this website then.

Carragher was a better defender than any of us and yet we talk about how to win the league. Jamie Carragher was also a better player than Mourinho was.

How good someone was at football doesnt mean anything about how much that person knows about football. Paul Scholes comes to mind as an example for that. World class player, worst pundit.

IRELANDUNITED

Has CBS released a statement yet saying they will now be doing an investigation in those comments and taking action?

You cannot, under any circumstances, suggest on live television that your work colleague is unfaithful to their partner without there been repercussions and, presumably, termination?

Add to that his history of spitting on children, this man can surely no longer be allowed to work on television.

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Who knows since you're posting absolute nonsense.
It is not nonsens saying that he made a joke. Something they've been doing previously.

But we are talking about things that are disciplinary worthy. Potentially even sackable. It’s not just a bit of banter, he has straight up accused his coworker of infidelity live on television. You don’t see the problem with this?
We don't know that. It is those in charge who makes them calls. As I said, they have been joking with eachother every time on that show. Wheather he went over line or not is their channel to decide. I don't see this as a big deal.

Is this satire / a character you’re playing or are these serious posts?
There are milions of thing worse than someone making a joke and banter.

TheGame

Carragher was a better defender than any of us and yet we talk about how to win the league. Jamie Carragher was also a better player than Mourinho was.

How good someone was at football doesnt mean anything about how much that person knows about football. Paul Scholes comes to mind as an example for that. World class player, worst pundit.
Doesn't go against Jose's point though does it? Jose thought he was a shit footballer and he hasn't won the league yet bangs on about what it takes to win it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Maybe it is for Carragher. People react differently to different things and have different humour.

That is up to her. Just answer with some funny comment back. What is inappropriate for someone don't need to be for another. If Carragher thinks it is ok with those jokes so be it. Like I said, they have been joking around every time they were on tv. For example Richards have been taking it and laughing it off every time they were at him.
So by this logic you can never be offended?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Banter isn't unilateral, you get this yes?

Saying "it was just banter" for the person making the jibe can vindicate so many scenarios, whether it's maligning ones character like this example, or bullying etc.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He's an idiot, I'd imagine some truth in it and may involve one of his co pundits, you just don't do that though. I wouldn't be surprised if other pundits told their bosses they aren't happy with him, there is a banter line and he's gone pretty much as far as you can over it.
I'm sorry what?

Kind of besides the point, the analogy with the forum is a silly one. No one is being paid or is doing this as their job. It's fine to call someone out who is actually being remunerated for this (even though that quote seems dubious)