Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDaGOAT

''other people do it'' ain't ever a convincing or successful justification / defence is it?

deserved his red card, 3 games seems harsh but he was pointing & aggressive to the ref & they (FA) don't like that kind of thing
As long as they start banning every player who opens his mouth. Henderson was laying into the referee only a few weeks ago.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
''other people do it'' ain't ever a convincing or successful justification / defence is it?

deserved his red card, 3 games seems harsh but he was pointing & aggressive to the ref & they (FA) don't like that kind of thing
No but "other people do it and evidence seems to prove it's not against the rules when they do" is a very convincing argument, and a pretty hard one to get around without admitting it's just a case of making it up to suit agendas. I'd be happy with players being sent off/banned very time it happened, but that isn't what happens at all.

The last time the FA didn't like that kind of thing was when Rooney did it to a television camera, about 5 years ago...although even then they were fine with him doing the same thing to another television camera a few months before, so it must just have been that they were particularly sensitive over this one television camera, or something.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He has played 68+ minutes in every single league game (apart from yesterday).
I could have sworn he was out for one game after he had his groin op?:confused:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As long as they start banning every player who opens his mouth. Henderson was laying into the referee only a few weeks ago.
I doubt Henderson was pointing aggressively in his face from a yard away, screaming you effing c in it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No but "other people do it and evidence seems to prove it's not against the rules when they do" is a very convincing argument, and a pretty hard one to get around without admitting it's just a case of making it up to suit agendas. I'd be happy with players being sent off/banned very time it happened, but that isn't what happens at all.

The last time the FA didn't like that kind of thing was when Rooney did it to a television camera, about 5 years ago...although even then they were fine with him doing the same thing to another television camera a few months before, so it must just have been that they were particularly sensitive over this one television camera, or something.
That one was a little more sinister wasn't it? Bernstein, with his dual City and FA links was on the board who made the decision, and funnily enough Rooney missed the FA Cup semi game....v Man City...

Charlie Foley

@noodlehair Noble is 'Mr West Ham' though, so I reckon it's fair enough.
I don't think it was the most annoying West Ham performance against us, I remember a few years ago when Carroll and Nolan were launching themselves into De Gea it was pretty frustrating. There was also previous during the 90s but I'm a bit too young to really remember that.

montpelier

They are pretty consistently sensitive about referees getting abuse, tbf. They definitely don't like that.

Jazz

He looks a bit skinny to be on the juice?
Cyclists are virtually skin and bones, doesn't stop them doing their thing. There's all kinds of things out there. Not that there's any evidence of Vardy doing the dirty - might be he's just gotten more confident.

Dave89

Some fairytale.

Sh*t refs and moronic FA officials stepping in just at the right moment.
Hear hear. Traitorous bastards! How dare they punish Lord Sir Jamie Vardy, saviour of football and Patron Saint of England's unstoppable Euro 2016 victory.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Blimey, that looks worse than I remembered. How on earth was the first one not a foul, and then the second one given as a penalty?

The dive is identical to yesterdays.
Unbelievably there was a score of posters here who blamed Rafael for it all!

On Vardy's dissent - there's a big difference between swearing and abusing the referee. 'No fecking way' isn't the same as 'feck off you cnut' is it?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

@OnlyTwoDaSilvas
Completely pi##ed me off at the time and still does. After he shoves Rafael, you see him make sure he gets in the box then slow down and look for Rafael to "invite" contact.... no attempt to keep going towards the goal.

We were coasting that game..... start of our downfall.... would have won the league if it wasn't for Vardy :mad:

Too far? :D

Jazz

Just had a peak at a Spurs forum - they're hoping Vardy gets another match ban so he misses the game vs us:D

Not that Vardy not being there means much when they play us - but Spurs fans are still hopeful we twat them:lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

@OnlyTwoDaSilvas
It was a truly incredible piece of refeering, ignoring the most blatant shove ever, and then presuming there would be a foul because it was Rafael involved, who had a reputation for being rash. Classic refereeing the player rather than the incident.

That was such a key game, and always felt for me like it changed how Van Gaal approached things, as we then went super cautious and dull.
Di Maria tailed off as well. Noone remembers the sublime goal he scored.

ps I'm sure it was Blackett not Rafael sent off.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I think Vardy is a nasty piece of work.He dived to win a pen against us in 2014, he dives a lot in fact.He dived yesterday.Just because he plays for the plucky underdogs dosn't make it right.He obviously abused the ref too.He deserves a 3 match ban.
Hope we finally kick into form and hammer them when they come to OT.
I don't care for fairytales.

Jazz

I think Vardy is a nasty piece of work.He dived to win a pen against us in 2014, he dives a lot in fact.He dived yesterday.Just because he plays for the plucky underdogs dosn't make it right.He obviously abused the ref too.He deserves a 3 match ban.
That's my take on it as well, and I got all the 'you're bitter' comments. Nothing to do with that, I don't like cheaters. His behaviour is a separate issue from what Leicester are achieving which is fantastic, but that doesn't mean you just brush it under the carpet when Vardy is out of order. Bad example to set for young supporters who see that your behaviour will be tolerated as long as you're winning...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
His red yesterday possibly cost them two points and one (or more) missed games could cost them more...... even the title. Where's your freaking movie then Steptoe???!!

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Vardy deserves respeck for inventing a new kind of dive though. I don't think he'll get away with it again though...the ferret-looking caaant.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They are pretty consistently sensitive about referees getting abuse, tbf. They definitely don't like that.
No they are not. It's THE one thing they are more inconsistent about than anything else. They literally just pick and choose when they decide it will be an issue. It wasn't even the only time it happened in this game.

Next week, a number of players will do exactly the same as Vardy has done, and wont get reprimanded for it by the ref or banned afterwards. If they do then I'll accept you're right, but the fact is (and you already know this because presumably you've been watching PL football for more than five minutes), they wont.

If they were consistently sensitive about it then for a start Chelsea under Mourinho would have been picking up two or three bans a week.

montpelier

No they are not. It's THE one thing they are more inconsistent about than anything else. They literally just pick and choose when they decide it will be an issue. It wasn't even the only time it happened in this game.

Next week, a number of players will do exactly the same as Vardy has done, and wont get reprimanded for it by the ref or banned afterwards. If they do then I'll accept you're right, but the fact is (and you already know this because presumably you've been watching PL football for more than five minutes), they wont.

If they were consistently sensitive about it then for a start Chelsea under Mourinho would have been picking up two or three bans a week.
I suppose you're right that not every player who has a pop at a referee will get charged or even get a yellow card but I do feel that if a player is in the process of being (deservedly) sent off aggressively finger points the ref & is seen to call him an effing c*** he will usually get a letter outlining the further disciplinary plans for him. Like Costa for instance, being the comparison, and not every run of the mill incident we could go through.

I do see your overall point but the way Vardy behaved was relatively exceptional wasn't it? And so he gets done, they do act on these 'bad ones' relatively consistently. If your point is that they don't do absolutely everyone every time, no, I don't suppose they do. There's still a difference between what Vardy done here & John Terry yapping away every week, he concludes unconvincingly.

Eriku

Unbelievably there was a score of posters here who blamed Rafael for it all!

On Vardy's dissent - there's a big difference between swearing and abusing the referee. 'No fecking way' isn't the same as 'feck off you cnut' is it?
That shit pissed me off something fierce. Oh, Rafael shouldn't be rushing to get back because he should know that any tiny touch will invite a penalty shout... Eff right off.

Keenst

Exactly. Every single game you see players abuse the ref and nothing happens. The FA is far too inconsistent and reactionary when it comes to this sort of stuff. If the same incident took place in a lower profile game you just know nothing would have been done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.