Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It seems like it's getting harder for people to slag him off, the more he keeps scoring. "But he's still a cnut" is just ridiculous. Most footballers are bellends. Who cares? The lad is on fire and fair fecks to him.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I think the caf started to hate him after that dive against rafa, and also his insentience that it wasn't a dive.
There was also that stat quite late in last season that showed he had something like 0 goals and 0 assists in any game except for against us at Leicester, where it was something ridiculous like 4 assists and 1 goal. Up to that time he seemed like yet another fecking game-raising cnut that only turns-up against United.

Since then however he has been little short of outstanding for Leicester, both last season and this - fair play to him for that, it does make a tremendous story.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
People hated him because of that game, but he's playing excellently this season. Best English striker around (on form).

Sylar

Also shows more Prem teams should be looking at lower leagues to find some players.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The first time I heard of this fella is when he took us apart last season and hauled his team, from a losing score-line to winning score-line.

I like the 'Vardy story', if only because he is English, was not fancied and is the top goal scorer. Rival teams have paid big money to get top goal scorers. We paid big for Martial (for instance), but Vardy is beating them all.

Vardy is on 9.
The next best is Aguero on 6.
We have 2 of our players on 3 (Mata, Martial).
Rooney (the England & MUFC captain) is on 2.

This numbers put into context, what Vardy is doing right now.
And it could be argued that in a better team (like Arsenal, Man Utd or Man City), he'd score even more.

Nickosaur

Why are people getting annoyed that some people still don't like him?

He's a good player and he clearly has talent but I don't like him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I just find it quite odd how a very average player suddenly out of nowhere starts scoring like a madman leading the PL topscorer table. It's not supposed to happen. :lol:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just find it quite odd how a very average player suddenly out of nowhere starts scoring like a madman leading the PL topscorer table. It's not supposed to happen. :lol:
It's not the first time it's happened.

Most seasons there is a one or perhaps two season wonder who somehow finds themselves performing well above their normal levels and riding high in the goal scoring charts.
It usually ends in tears with a overpriced move to some mid table club (Everton, Liverpool, Spurs etc) where they spend the next two years getting sporadic game time till they sold/loaned out on a cut price deal.

See Beattie, Ricketts, Zamora etc.

Although that's a bit harsh on Zamora, he was more or less fairly decent most times.

Sigma

Most seasons there is a one or perhaps two season wonder who somehow finds themselves performing well above their normal levels and riding high in the goal scoring charts.
It usually ends in tears with a overpriced move to some mid table club (Everton, Liverpool, Spurs etc) where they spend the next two years getting sporadic game time till they sold/loaned out on a cut price deal.

Although that's a bit harsh on Zamora, he was more or less fairly decent most times.
Lambert as well.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Aye I remember the days when Kevin Phillips scored 30+ (Think it was 30+ or late 20's!) a season in the EPL :drool:

Ducklegs

How could we forget 35 million pound Andy Carroll as well?

Although that was off the back of a fairly average season in the championship.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Was playing this well at the end of last season too, under even more pressure as they looked doomed for relegation. Leicester suits him though, he should stay there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The first time I heard of this fella is when he took us apart last season and hauled his team, from a losing score-line to winning score-line.

I like the 'Vardy story', if only because he is English, was not fancied and is the top goal scorer. Rival teams have paid big money to get top goal scorers. We paid big for Martial (for instance), but Vardy is beating them all.

Vardy is on 9.
The next best is Aguero on 6.
We have 2 of our players on 3 (Mata, Martial).
Rooney (the England & MUFC captain) is on 2.

This numbers put into context, what Vardy is doing right now.
And it could be argued that in a better team (like Arsenal, Man Utd or Man City), he'd score even more.
Yeah but football (or any sport for that matter), doesn't really work like that, does it? You always seem to get a outlier club or player, having a special season, only to disappear into obscurity thereafter!

The difference is doing it over a few years at least though. So you can't compare one purple patch against possibly the worst spell in Rooney's career for instance.

Fair fecks to him though, he's scoring at will & Leceister is playing some great stuff. Well deserved top goalscorer tag atm. It's incredible if he played non league football 3 or so years ago. Great success story.

Ducklegs

Was playing this well at the end of last season too, under even more pressure as they looked doomed for relegation. Leicester suits him though, he should stay there.
There's no denying he is playing well, his all action high energy, style is doing him proud and Leicester at the moment don't go down without a fight.

Still a cnut though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I have no idea what that means, but its 4 years old.
Probably at this time, he would not even have dreamed of playing in the EPL, let alone beating MUFC.
He's saying if you keep chatting shit you will get banged out, like beaten up, probably a message to someone at the time

Scarecrow

Having a week off

Well, that's hard to argue with, when you put it like that. Fair play to the cnut.

RaptorSlo

Not sure why all the hate on him, to be honest.

Yes he did foul Rafael in that game and after that dived and got a penalty. But is that really worth the hate?

There are much dirtier players in the league and there are far bigger divers.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not sure why all the hate on him, to be honest.

Yes he did foul Rafael in that game and after that dived and got a penalty. But is that really worth the hate?

There are much dirtier players in the league and there are far bigger divers.
Most of it comes from his actions and attitude off the pitch, not from that specific moment (although, there might be some residual bitterness among United fans because of it). I don't care enough to have an opinion on his personality, to be honest, but I do like referring to him as a "cnut", for some reason. It just feels right.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Jamie Vardy is the best striker in the country on form.

Just take a minute to let that sink in.

The pikey cnut.

devil in me

I can't stand the bloke, and it has absolutely nothing at all to do with Leicester beating us last season, and I'm pretty sure that's the case for the majority of people who also believe he's an utter nob.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He has been doing very well recently, definitely the most in-form forward in the league but at 27 and with not much PL experience he won't really get a move to a top 4 side anytime soon. Still I wonder whether people are going to say that he is possibly worth £80m like they did with Kane on the back of similar season (at this rate Vardy could even surpass Kane's last season).

As for one season or even half season wonders the honorable mention goes to Amr Zaki.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He'll disappear into the abyss within a few years.

thepolice123

Looks like he has elevated himself from a one game wonder (Alfonso Alves), to a half season wonder (Zaki). Still a long way to go before he get promoted to a one season wonder (Beattie).

I have a feeling he will just remain a half season wonder. December will be absolutely brutal for Leicester. They have City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Swansea in that whole month. Their last game in November will be against us as well.

U99ted

He's on 9, 3 ahead of Aguero, Sanchez & Wijnaldum who all scored at least 3 of theirs in 1 game.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
You've got to think some of the big boys will be looking at Vardy? The pace and energy he brings to attacks is electric and it's not just been this season. He took us apart last year and we weren't the only ones.

He's made a few appearances for England now and he's lifting Leicester to new heights right now.

So would he be the kind of signing we could look to make in January? Someone who will roll up his sleeves, get stuck in and put in a shift whilst also scoring goals. He could be the kind of signing that lifts a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.